• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Appearing in Smash Bros is just so much great publicity for a character and the franchise they're from. Look at how well they marketed that "Marth" would be in Awakening.

:4robinf:M:4robinm:O:4robinf:N:4robinm:E:4robinf:Y:4robinm:
Not gonna lie. That marketing strategy is what first sparked my interest in Awakening even though it was obvious it was not actually Marth.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Robin Social has a trapping effect, you see.

And you have this to blame(besides the fun environment and the charm).

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Not gonna lie. That marketing strategy is what first sparked my interest in Awakening even though it was obvious it was not actually Marth.
Just like FE7 probably got more sales because it had a grown up Roy on the cover.

Oh how disappointed people must have been when they found out there would be no phier.:roypm:

Eliwood is not our boy.:roypm:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Just like FE7 probably got more sales because it had a grown up Roy on the cover.

Oh how disappointed people must have been when they found out there would be no phier.:roypm:

:roypm:, the perpetual prodigal son, especially in the West.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I think MU as a Tactician, for the time being, is DEAD. We've never needed the tactician, that is, someone who functions as a stratgist, to be an Avatar/My Unit character. I'd argue the role was better suited for someone more rigid, like Soren. With that in mind, I think Robin for the time being is benched.

Kamui, who seems to be the MU/Avatar for FE14, does not seem to be a tactician. S/he seems to be the lord outright. I think, with the success of the MU model, they will keep trying different things with the character until they find what works best. If this lord thing doesn't work out, they might revert to a tactician MU or something else in a future instalment.

As for Robin, as a character, I don't think we've seen the last. Given how much MONEY was printed by FE13's DLC and merchandise, we'll see plenty of our hero in one form of another, be it SpotPass or paid DLC for FE14 and other products. We are likely to see future references, if not new appearances entirely. Appearing in Smash Bros is just so much great publicity for a character and the franchise they're from. Look at how well they marketed that "Marth" would be in Awakening.

:4robinf:M:4robinm:O:4robinf:N:4robinm:E:4robinf:Y:4robinm:
It's funny that you say that, because I always liked the strategist's role better. However, reading your post, I realised that I wanted a Strategist/Tactician as protagonist, and not MU.
For the next game it's pretty much impossible, yeah, but I think it would be different seeing the protagonist role on a character that would be normally considered a side-kick, and not in a Lord/Leader, and seeing the story through these eyes.
Maybe that's why I liked Robin even more after playing Awakening, even if it's storywriting was less than stellar and he didn't get much time to shine with awesome strategy or if we haven't really seen anything via his POV only, as he is always with Chrom.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

...Yet Eliwood was a much better character... :4roy::4roy::4roy:
*RUNS AWAY*

Elezir

*RUNS AWAY*
Eh, he's not that much better, though.
Even more if you side him with Lyn and Hector.:roll:

But yeah, he's better than Roy, at least Even more because he's not completely useless in battle, because damn that late promotion of Roy's.

Hong

The Strongest
*RUNS AWAY*
Outside of yaoi, I can't honestly say I care about Roy, anyway.

Congratulations, Eliwood.

You are better than one of the lamest leads across 13 games.

Well done.

He's not actually that bad, but I agree with @ Elezir Elezir in that I like Lyn and Hector more. Some of his dialogue with Ninian is kind of gross though, IMO. Was trying to bind his blade to something from the moment he met her, that much is for sure.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Shoot, I missed the "I'll Make a Man Out of You" parody.
One of these days, I'm going to play Fire Emblem: Awakning - One Chance. In other words, NO soft resetting.

It's like Attack On Titan but with more Arcfire.

@ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu

I just read that the wave 4 amiibos were delayed as a combonation of the West Coast port strike... and Nintendo wanting to make sure that there's enough stock.
View attachment 43998
I'm okay if it means me getting my Ness and Robin.
But of course, there won't be enough stock.:troll:
There's always not enough amiibo.
Even more for certain characters that don't get many merchandise outside of that.
Don't remind me...
I prefer my Robin :4robinm:, sometimes throwing in green or white palette to the mix. Green in particular throws me back to FE7 as my first FE-game from few years ago.

Also wish we could still plays Morgans or even Soren or Nino. *Sigh*.

At least we have :4robinf: still, right?
Yes, Morgan alts one day please. I want my son.
I would totally buy more recolors as dlc.
Same. I'm almost more interested in alt DLC than character DLC.
Hey fellow tacticians, I found this picture while looking on Devienart and though I would share it
View attachment 44012
They are bit Amibo version of the fighters XD

I have already cropped a few if you guys wish to use them in your sig

I would add more but I can only attach 3 files unfortunately :/. Just ask me and I will post more :).
Now I'm curious who you guys associate me with. I mean SSB-wise, I know Shaymin and green-haired female Robin already.

And I'm angry I missed Page 666, so you guys get to suffer for it.

And welcome, new tacticians.

Hong

The Strongest
Our dearest @ Weeman Weeman found true love at last.

Sorry. I am just ogrewhelmed with emotions. I am so happy.

Is someone cutting onions, again?

Favorite non lord Fe Playable character go!
Catria
Non-literal lord? Ike.
Non-leading lead? Elincia.

Elincia Ridell Crimea is possibly my favourite video game character in general, if not Cecil Harvey or Cornet Espoir.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I don't even need to say who my favorite is.

My second favorite is Knoll though.
[collapse=Knoll]
[/collapse]

And then Myyrh.

[collapse=Absolutely Adorable]
Myrrh-Sweet.jpg
[/collapse]

Manaketes and Shaman/Dark Mage line all day.

Last edited by a moderator:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Is that the Triforce I see on that tome? Did he get it from Rauru?
Goetia has a triforce-like symbol on the cover based on Morgan's official artwork
Our dearest @ Weeman Weeman found true love at last.

Sorry. I am just ogrewhelmed with emotions. I am so happy.

Is someone cutting onions, again?

Non-literal lord? Ike.
Non-leading lead? Elincia.

Elincia Ridell Crimea is possibly my favourite video game character in general, if not Cecil Harvey or Cornet Espoir.
Both her, Nailah, and Mia would be close seconds for me

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Does anybody else find that air jumps sometimes randomly "disappear"? Like, you're sure you have a jump left when you're trying to recover, but it never comes out and you just fall to your death anyway? I've been getting that a lot lately. I suspect it may have something to do with input buffering, but I'm not sure.
Is this question answered?
Usually when this happens its because you mere mashing the jump button without knowing

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I realized now that by non-lord people could drop a Robin bomb on me :/

D

Deleted member

Also I know this is the Robin thread but I am disappoint with the Robin copouts.

Elezir

Arguably, Robin is a protagonist alongside Chrom, and since "Lord" can be seen as "protagonist" in FE dictionary, I decided not to choose him, but of course, if you mean Lord as the class, I'll choose :4robinm:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Also I know this is the Robin thread but I am disappoint with the Robin copouts.

Well considering my lack of knowledge of the various characters outside of Awakening, :4robinm: it is. That and :4robinm:reminds me ALOT of myself, so we have a certain bond, he and I. I suppose you could say our bonds are strong. :awesome: But if that answer does not suffice, then my apologizes for being a copout. :p

Hong

The Strongest
Catria fans, eh? Personally, I like Palla the most out of the pegasus three.

Just like fine wine. :estatic:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Catria fans, eh? Personally, I like Palla the most out of the pegasus three.

Just like fine wine. :estatic:
Is it wrong that i almost read that as "personally, I prefer the air!" ?
They're both peg knights sooooooooo...

Top Bottom