• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We can do better. Let's allow the DLC characters to have children, too. I want to marry the child of Marth and Robin to Chrom.
Wait, but Marth is Chrom's ancestor... So what would be the relation between Marth's child and Chrom?

And why not marry Marth to Lucina while we're at it?

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

I knew that they localized it with Chrom and Lucina so that it says something else rather than Married. Like best friend or something, but you buddy sure worked around that one.
Uh, pretty sure Chrom and Lucina never had that option. Maybe Lucina and Owain's relationship was edited from the japanese version, but Chrom and Lucina's relationship was always listed strictly as father daughter.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
We can do better. Let's allow the DLC characters to have children, too. I want to marry the child of Marth and Robin to Chrom.
Wait, but Marth is Chrom's ancestor... So what would be the relation between Marth's child and Chrom?

Does it count as incest when it's your great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparent?

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Uh, pretty sure Chrom and Lucina never had that option. Maybe Lucina and Owain's relationship was edited from the japanese version, but Chrom and Lucina's relationship was always listed strictly as father daughter.
Oh damn, I mean Owain and Lucina. It says "Companions" instead of Married.

Hong

The Strongest

Lucina can marry the child of Chrom and Robin's child after they have travelled back from the future.
Does it count as incest when it's your great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparent?
The brand is still hot. Literally.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Someone give me a TL:DR of this thread for the time I've been away.

I am in a lazy mood currently and don't feel like catching up on it currently. :L

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I am in a lazy mood currently and don't feel like catching up on it currently. :L
We're talking about the possibilities of Incest in Awakening. It is my fault because I mentioned I thought it was creepy that Robin could Marry Lucina, and then things got out of hand.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Well, before we started talking about relationships that cross the boundaries of time and logic, we did update the OP for the first time in awhile. It has a more in depth analysis of Robin's chances at this point, as well as counters to common counter arguments provided by myself.

Hong

The Strongest

It's a lot to read, but this wall of text, the one after it, then False Sense's post after that, were some of the more constructive posts we have had in a while.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Tactician? Huh, this is something I am throughly OK with. He seems like he could be a powerful character at close range, but not useless at long range due to his magic abilities such as Thunder. I am OK with him being in and he could be a unique addition. I still think Anna should take the final spot, but add me to the supporters anyway!

Hong

The Strongest
Should I take offense to that?

It wasn't that long ago that I was working out my Robin moveset idea, was it? Or were they not constructive enough for you? ;-;
No offence, but I respect you enough to be honest:

But prior to today, I didn't know there was an option to disable the colours people default for their posts. Before this, if you posted anything more than a few sentences, I AM NOT READING THAT. No way in hell. I would like to think I have good vision, since I don't need glasses and, as a jeweller, was able to read even the most minute letters on watch components without the magnifying lense.

But that hot pink font? Not sure how it is on other themes, but I am on SmashBoards Dark and I need to stick my face and to my monitor to have any hope of reading what you have to say.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
No offence, but I respect you enough to be honest:

But prior to today, I didn't know there was an option to disable the colours people default for their posts. Before this, if you posted anything more than a few sentences, I AM NOT READING THAT. No way in hell. I would like to think I have good vision, since I don't need glasses and, as a jeweller, was able to read even the most minute letters on watch components without the magnifying lense.

But that hot pink font? Not sure how it is on other themes, but I am on SmashBoards Dark and I need to stick my face and to my monitor to have any hope of reading what you have to say.
It's magenta.

Also. People tend to take me a bit too seriously at times.

I am on Onyx btw, which is a darker version of the boards and I can read magenta on it just fine. But don;t worry. This is only temporary until my pranked status disappears.

Though it does make me wonder, if that is the case. Then why have you liked certain posts of mine if you haven't read them? xD

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I thought this was a discussion for Robin. When did it become about Magenta and relationships? :ohwell:. I'm just saying.
True that. We are just VERY bored.

What else can we talk about Robin's potential moveset. What would be Robin's final smash?

I think it would be neat to call Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick to come and fight with him.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I thought this was a discussion for Robin. When did it become about Magenta and relationships? :ohwell:. I'm just saying.
We're kind of like the Ridley thread; we just have these random conversations when we aren't talking about Robin in Smash.

Hong

The Strongest
I figure Robin would just pair up the characters on screen and they would make babies. That's what her special power in the game, right?
Though it does make me wonder, if that is the case. Then why have you liked certain posts of mine if you haven't read them? xD
If I read enough of it to like it, I'll like it.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
We're kind of like the Ridley thread; we just have these random conversations when we aren't talking about Robin in Smash.
I am ok with that...
I figure Robin would just pair up the characters on screen and they would make babies. That's what her special power in the game, right?
No... no no no no.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Jokes aside, I thought the idea involving Grima were pretty cool. I thought Grima was a neat.

As long as it's not "Great Ignis" or something.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
If I read enough of it to like it, I'll like it.
Agreed. I want to see the spawn of Ike and Samus. That child would have ballsier balls than Duke Nukem.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
Grima was in my opinion one of the worst Fire Emblem villains. He was cool in the beginning... And now he's not exactly as fantastic as I perceived.
He may have not been the best villain but wasn't bad. I did like seeing the character you created standing before you as an antagonist though.

Hong

The Strongest
I think the only thing was lame was the fight itself. I guess it would be impossible to fight Grima directly when he's almost as big as Ridley, but just having him sticking up spikes like that... felt kind of lazy. o.o Plus, we fought really big bosses in the GBA games.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think the only thing was lame was the fight itself. I guess it would be impossible to fight Grima directly when he's almost as big as Ridley, but just having him sticking up spikes like that... felt kind of lazy. o.o Plus, we fought really big bosses in the GBA games.
? Almost as big as...? He's like 10 times the size of Ridley.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
Grima outsizes the next largest FE boss by like tens of times haha...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Moveset Idea V.2:

Robin is a ranged fighter that has traps. For close range he uses a Levin Sword that hurts enemies with lightning magic. His close game is good, but not as good as Marth or Ike's. You are better off peppering your enemy with far range attacks.

Note: Because the English language is so dumb, I'm going to use male pronouns.

Stats:

Weight: 96
Falling Speed: 1.45
Air Speed: 0.9588
Dashing Speed: 1.553
Walking Speed: 1.2

Normals:

Jab: Robin swings his L-Sword at a downward angle. (4%)
Jab Combo: Robin does a horizontal swing now filled with lightning magic. (6%)
F-Tilt: Robin stabs his sword forward then twists it dealing electric damage. (4%, 4%)
D-Tilt: Robin does a horizontal slash close to the ground. (5%)
U-Tilt: Robin swings his sword overhead. (4%)

Smashs:

F-Smash: Robin does a big horizontal swing that deals electric damage from his Levin Sword. (5%, 3 x 2%)
U-Smash: Robin stabs multiple times upwards dealing electric damage. (4 x 3%)
D-Smash: Robin concentrates and the Levin Sword creates a small shockwave around him. (13%)

Aerials:

Nair: Robin swings his Levin Sword around him dealing electric damage. (3 x 3%)
Fair: Robin creates a small fireball in his palm and pushes his hand forward. (9%)
Dair: Robin extends his arm downwards and creates a small blast of electricity. (5 x 3%)
Bair: Robin swings his elbow backwards dealing frost damage. (12%)
Uair: Robin reaches upwards and causes a small blast of wind that cuts enemies. (6 x 2%)

Grabs:

Pummel: Robin shocks the enemy. (2%)
F-Throw: Robin blasts the enemy forward with wind. (11%)
B-Throw: Robin kicks the enemy backwards. (8%)
U-Throw: Robin sends the enemy flying with a fire blast. (14%)
D-Throw: Robin stomps on the enemy dealing frost damage. (3 x 4%)

Taunts:

Up-Taunt: Robin looks at his tome and says, "Time to start building up some experience!"

Side-Taunt: Robin thinks while putting his hand on his chin, then moves his arm away. "Hmm, Predictable." or "Stay Calm."

Down-Taunt: Robin creates a small fire ball that explodes. "Here's how it's done!"

Specials:

Neutral Special: Bolganone

Robin places a spell seal in front of him. Whenever an enemy gets close to this, it will explode. Robin can create up to 3 of these at a time, and their lifespans are infinite. However the earliest one will explode if you try and make a 4th marker. (16% on Explode)

Side Special: Thoron

Robin fires a beam of lightning from his hand. This goes full screen and travels though targets and walls. It damages the enemy multiple times with electricity. However it can be blocked and doesn't have high knockback. It has a small lag at the start of it, about a bit shorter than the lag of Falcon Punch. This is to prevent spamming. (4 x 3%)

Down Special: Counter

Kind of like a tradition, all Fire Emblem characters must have counter as their down special. However Robin's counter is unique. When you counter, you force the enemy back with a gust of wind. This damages them and sends them a good distance away from you. However the damage is very weak. (4%)

Up Special: Forseti

Robin sends a tunnel of wind magic downwards that is very cold. This sends Robin upwards, and deals minimal damage to enemies under him. However it is a pseudo Meteor Smash because the cold wind sends the enemy downwards pretty fast. (7 x 1%)

Final Smash: Rally

Robin says his signature catchphrase, "Time to Tip the Scales!" and calls in Frederick, Lissa, and Tharja. Frederick rides around on his horse while stabbing enemies with his lance. Tharja fires Dark Magic at the enemies. While Lissa heals you to 0%. This effect lasts for around 10 seconds, until everyone leaves and Robin says "That's Strategy!"

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Moveset Idea V.2:

Robin is a ranged fighter that has traps. For close range he uses a Levin Sword that hurts enemies with lightning magic. His close game is good, but not as good as Marth or Ike's. You are better off peppering your enemy with far range attacks.

Note: Because the English language is so dumb, I'm going to use male pronouns.

Normals:

Jab: Robin swings his L-Sword at a downward angle. (4%)
Jab Combo: Robin does a horizontal swing now filled with lightning magic. (6%)
F-Tilt: Robin stabs his sword forward. (5%)
D-Tilt: Robin does a horizontal slash close to the ground. (5%)
U-Tilt: Robin swings his sword overhead. (4%)

Smashs:

F-Smash: Robin does a big horizontal swing that deals electric damage from his Levin Sword. (5%, 3 x 2%)
U-Smash: Robin stabs multiple times upwards dealing electric damage. (4 x 3%)
D-Smash: Robin concentrates and the Levin Sword creates a small shockwave around him. (14%)

Aerials:
Nair: Robin swings his Levin Sword around him dealing electric damage. (3 x 3%)
Fair: Robin creates a small fireball in his palm and pushes his hand forward. (9%)
Dair: Robin extends his arm downtards and creates a small blast of electricity. (5 x 3%)
Bair: Robin swings his elbow backwards dealing electric damage. (12%)
Uair: Robin reaches upwards and causes a small blast of wind that cuts enemeis. (6 x 2%)

Grabs:

Pummel: Robin shocks the enemy. (2%)
F-Throw: Robin blasts the enemy forward with wind. (11%)
B-Throw: Robin kicks the enemy backwards. (8%)
U-Throw: Robin sends the enemy flying with a fire blast. (14%)
D-Throw: Robin stomps on the enemy dealing electric damage. (3 x 4%)

Specials:

Neutral Special: Bolganone

Robin places a spell seal in front of him. Whenever an enemy gets close to this, it will explode. Robin can create up to 3 of these at a time, and their lifespans are infinite. However the earliest one will explode if you try and make a 4th marker. (18% on Explode)

Side Special: Thoron
Robin fires a beam of lightning from his hand. This goes full screen and travels though targets and walls. It damages the enemy multiple times with electricity. However it can be blocked and doesn't have high knockback. (4 x 3%)

Down Special: Counter

Kind of like a tradition, all Fire Emblem characters must have counter as their down special. However Robin's counter is unique. When you counter, you force the enemy back with a gust of wind. This damages them and sends them a good distance away from you. However the damage is very weak. (4%)

Up Special: Forseti
Robin sends a tunnel of wind magic downwards that is very cold. This sends him flying upwards and damaging enemies below him. (7 x 3%)

Robin says something along the lines of, "Let's do it!" and calls in Frederick, Lissa, and Tharja. Frederick rides around on his horse while stabbing enemies with his lance. Tharja fires Dark Magic at the enemies. While Lissa heals you to 0%. This effect lasts for around 10 seconds, until everyone leaves and Robin says "That's Strategy!"
This is awesome. To Sakurai, MOVESET CONFIRMED!

Hong

The Strongest
? Almost as big as...? He's like 10 times the size of Ridley.
You know. Ridley size jokes.

Oh ho ho. He he he.

Nevermind, Serious Sam. ¬ ¬
Grima outsizes the next largest FE boss by like tens of times haha...
This is true. Suppose he had to be this big to make the idea that being unstoppable was more believable.

@ GamerGuy09 GamerGuy09
Awesome. Always love to see more technical movesets for Robin. That's exactly the kind of thing I expect from her.

D

Deleted member

Robin says something along the lines of, "Time to Tip the Scales!" and calls in Frederick, Lissa, and Tharja. Frederick rides around on his horse while stabbing enemies with his lance. Tharja fires Dark Magic at the enemies. While Lissa heals you to 0%. This effect lasts for around 10 seconds, until everyone leaves and Robin says "That's Strategy!"
Fixed. I feel it would be more fitting if Robin were to say his/her famous critical hit one liner.
But that's just me. :)
Also, understandably the Levin Sword is a lightning based weapon, but I feel Robin could make more use of Fire or Wind in her moveset to exemplify that Robin is a "jack of all trades" not only because she can use physical weapons and magic, but also because she can use many types of magic in multiple situations. It just seems to me that lightning attacks are a little too prominent in this set (moreso in the realm of regular attacks, I think the special attacks are balanced fairly well from an elemental magic standpoint) considering she can use all of the elemental magics.
Just some of my ideas, do with them what you wish. :upsidedown:

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Fixed. I feel it would be more fitting if Robin were to say his/her famous critical hit one liner.
But that's just me. :)
Also, understandably the Levin Sword is a lightning based weapon, but I feel Robin could make more use of Fire or Wind in her moveset to exemplify that Robin is a "jack of all trades" not only because she can use physical weapons and magic, but also because she can use many types of magic in multiple situations. It just seems to me that lightning attacks are a little too prominent in this set (moreso in the realm of regular attacks, I think the special attacks are balanced fairly well from an elemental magic standpoint) considering she can use all of the elemental magics.
Just some of my ideas, do with them what you wish. :upsidedown:
*facepalm* How could I forget about his catchphrase? Will fix that.

I feel the Levin sword fits instead of a generic Steel Sword because it fits with his magic theme. I'm pretty sure all of the other FE reps have special swords, while Robin doesn't have a signature weapon that never degrades unlike the Falchion. So I think the Levin Sword would be the best fit for him since it is the only magical sword, and is the most recognizable with its unique design.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I still think Robin should have a Brave Sword and have a gimmick based on it.
I like the Levin sword a bit more since it ties in with Magic. And I don't think a ton of fast multiple hits really fits with Robin's tactical side.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't envision robing being purely magical. Robin will have enough magic from using, well, magic. The sword should represent the physical side Robin has. And my idea with Brave sword would actually fit in with the tactical side anyway since it will come down to which attack is best to cancel into, and just comboing in general.

Top Bottom