• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
:4darkpit: As above, but with the routine "y erybody haet dork pet" threads. Nah, most people are okay with him now, or at least have enough courtesy to keep schtum.
I just had the hilarious mental image of Dark Pit being a stereotypically stringy poindexter with all the classic garments on him: thick, round glasses, a nicely tied bowtie, a pocket protector, and overly tight pants to complete it all. Before anyone comes out and calls me out for being insensitive, I myself was a modern example of a sterotypical nerd throughout much of High School.

...Oh god, now I need to draw this out whenever I have the free time this week. Why do you do this, Winny?!

D

Deleted member

It was ... a clash of cultures so to speak if I recall correctly. Speaking of which, I do find it interesting how every Character thread seems to have its own culture and personality.
The Luigi boards are a pretty quiet place.
We're pretty committed to our character by wanting to advance his metagame, increase his representation at tournaments, and find where his best and worst match-ups lie.
The same goes for the Shulk boards, but we are a bit silly at times in our social.

So... that was something. While that was going on I stumbled across this Tumblr post. Matthew Mercer on Chrom's reaction to not being in smash bros.
So Chrom S-Supports Palutena, Sakurai's waifu? Interesting.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
tfw @ S Syrek is true shipping lord

S-Supports everybody without any effort whatsoever, unabashed charmster that he is~

But in all seriousness, you truly know how to make a guy feel like a million bucks, @Wintropy. <3 Thank you, my dearest and most wonderful friend. ^w^

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
23 notifications.:054:
And it didn't even have NSG in it.
what has happened.

...It isn't :4robinf:? I thought it was her in Samus armor or something.

I feel so dumb.

On the male vs. female Robin topic- I prefer female because I always choose my own gender in games like FE:A, and I played as female Robin there. I also just enjoy her sass more, though male Robin is a cool guy. Oddly enough, despite being female in the AC games, I play as a male Villager. I blame one slightly resembling Lucas.

Ness is the best son. I would fight a crazy swirly red alien of mindscrew for him.

Anyway, even if I haven't been as active due to school, Robin will always have a special place in my heart, even if I use Ness more for the Wii U version.
I don't know if it's her or not, and that's puzzling me.
And the said person didn't respond to my post to clear that up, so I'm lost.
:054:
Yesh <3 Ness is too cute for his own good.:ness:
I almost feel like playing Earthbound again :happysheep:

A tad late thanks to our Zelda sistren, but here is Book 3: True Hit is a Lie
Also adds some random non-death events in between chapters. They're not as varied as the deaths yet, but I'm working on them. Opinions?
They are nice, I like how you added "in the barracks"
Though they do repeat themselves a bit too much atm.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Also adds some random non-death events in between chapters. They're not as varied as the deaths yet, but I'm working on them. Opinions?
I love that you added the message from lord nergal part. Do the three name colours represent teams?

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Death by poison? At least I lasted longer this time.
23 notifications.:054:
And it didn't even have NSG in it.
what has happened.

I don't know if it's her or not, and that's puzzling me.
And the said person didn't respond to my post to clear that up, so I'm lost.
:054:
Yesh <3 Ness is too cute for his own good.:ness:
I almost feel like playing Earthbound again :happysheep:

They are nice, I like how you added "in the barracks"
Though they do repeat themselves a bit too much atm.
Replaying EB is never bad. I beat it for the first time not too long ago, and I already want to play it again. I miss the Chosen Four.:sadeyes: I miss Jeff taking out everyone with his Heavy Bazooka and Paula and Poo PK Freezing it up and Ness just being Destroyer of Everything.

Elezir

Replaying EB is never bad. I beat it for the first time not too long ago, and I already want to play it again. I miss the Chosen Four.:sadeyes: I miss Jeff taking out everyone with his Heavy Bazooka and Paula and Poo PK Freezing it up and Ness just being Destroyer of Everything.
The Heavy Bazooka is too OP. Once you get that you're never going to attack aliens with a punny gun, ever again. Also, his multiple rockets break the game apart.
And, I found PSI Freeze to be one of the most useful PSI abilities in the game, unless the enemy is strong against ice.

Ness doesn't need PSI to be awesome in that game, so PSI Rockin' being so expensive doesn't matter. He is better off healing and buffing when needed, anyway. He also crits a lot, with that high Guts.
Funnily enough, I never used Poo as a healer. I always prefered Ness over him, even if it meant he wouldn't be doing much damage, maybe because he had more options, imo.
Poo always felt like a "Jack of all trades" to me.

...I didn't need to say all this stuff, but I like talking about Earthbound, so:happysheep:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I love that you added the message from lord nergal part. Do the three name colours represent teams?
It's based on that to an extent. Red means you're the enemy to be killed, blue is the one who kills you, and green is an "other" unit who doesn't particularly impact on who lives or dies.

Shaymikyu

The Heavy Bazooka is too OP. Once you get that you're never going to attack aliens with a punny gun, ever again. Also, his multiple rockets break the game apart.
And, I found PSI Freeze to be one of the most useful PSI abilities in the game, unless the enemy is strong against ice.

Ness doesn't need PSI to be awesome in that game, so PSI Rockin' being so expensive doesn't matter. He is better off healing and buffing when needed, anyway. He also crits a lot, with that high Guts.
Funnily enough, I never used Poo as a healer. I always prefered Ness over him, even if it meant he wouldn't be doing much damage, maybe because he had more options, imo.
Poo always felt like a "Jack of all trades" to me.

...I didn't need to say all this stuff, but I like talking about Earthbound, so:happysheep:
It's funny, because Jeff started out as the worst for me. I found him kind of useless. But once you start getting his best gear, he becomes absolutely broken, especially with the Heavy Bazooka. And because there's no downside to it and it doesn't break, I just had Jeff constantly use it aside from certain bosses where the Multi Bottle Rockets were better.

And same with me on PK Freeze. I don't think I ever touched Thunder, and I used Fire a couple of times for certain bosses or groups of enemies, but it was almost solely Freeze.

I only used Rockin' on some bosses, but usually Ness was just bash and heal. His bashing is just so strong, especially after Magicant. He becomes a one man army then.

I mainly used Poo as a second Paula, but he'd be a back up healer if Ness was out or I needed to heal multiple party members. Jack of all trades is accurate- I didn't find him to be particularly useful for anything over anyone else, but he could do the job when needed.

Talking EB is fun.:ness:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I lost it at Grima doing a barrel roll:joyful:

I did enjoy the little side stuff in the barracks, though dying at 1% crits are never enjoyable :c

Elezir

It's funny, because Jeff started out as the worst for me. I found him kind of useless. But once you start getting his best gear, he becomes absolutely broken, especially with the Heavy Bazooka. And because there's no downside to it and it doesn't break, I just had Jeff constantly use it aside from certain bosses where the Multi Bottle Rockets were better.

And same with me on PK Freeze. I don't think I ever touched Thunder, and I used Fire a couple of times for certain bosses or groups of enemies, but it was almost solely Freeze.

I only used Rockin' on some bosses, but usually Ness was just bash and heal. His bashing is just so strong, especially after Magicant. He becomes a one man army then.

I mainly used Poo as a second Paula, but he'd be a back up healer if Ness was out or I needed to heal multiple party members. Jack of all trades is accurate- I didn't find him to be particularly useful for anything over anyone else, but he could do the job when needed.

Talking EB is fun.:ness:
Yeah, Jeff starts off kinda weak unless you grind him on the giants.

PSI Thunder is pretty useless, imo. It misses way too much. Heck, I've already had it miss 4 times in a row, until I gave up:facepalm:
Freeze is good because it almost always solidified enemies for me, including bosses. That sewer boss Rat didn't even had a chance to attack in one playthrough, for example. Good, too, considering he has stupidly high guts and crits easily.

PSI Rockin' does very good damage and has an awesome animation, imo, but it won't crit and is expensive to cast, so I don't use much.
It can be brutal if the strogest version is used against you, though. I would get one-shotted by
Ness's Nightmare
if it wasn't for the rolling HP. After that, I learned to not overlevel Ness too much until that particular part passed.

Yesh, it is.:ness:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Welp, that happened. Raids are fun and all, but I couldn't keep up. :p

Why am I such an evil person in these games??? :nervous:

Shaymikyu

Yeah, Jeff starts off kinda weak unless you grind him on the giants.

PSI Thunder is pretty useless, imo. It misses way too much. Heck, I've already had it miss 4 times in a row, until I gave up:facepalm:
Freeze is good because it almost always solidified enemies for me, including bosses. That sewer boss Rat didn't even had a chance to attack in one playthrough, for example. Good, too, considering he has stupidly high guts and crits easily.

PSI Rockin' does very good damage and has an awesome animation, imo, but it won't crit and is expensive to cast, so I don't use much.
It can be brutal if the strogest version is used against you, though. I would get one-shotted by
Ness's Nightmare
if it wasn't for the rolling HP. After that, I learned to not overlevel Ness too much until that particular part passed.

Yesh, it is.:ness:
I remember using it a bit in Mother 3, though it's been ages since I played M3. Maybe it was better there. But yeah, that's why I never used it. It never connected. And Freeze is spectacular for the reasons you listed. I remember one boss (can't remember which one specifically- I want to say it was the second Your Sanctuary boss) who never got a hit on me because Paula kept solidifying him. The brief stretch where you don't have Paula because she gets kidnapped was a huge pain.

I mainly used it for some earlier bosses and a few later ones.
It saved my hide against Ness's Nightmare. I totally thought I'd have to try a second time against it. And yes, that's why it was a huge pain to fight. I had to spend every other turn healing Ness with stored items or PSI. Heck, even though I said I used Rockin', I might have not used it that much to save PSI for healing.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Naga's breath, I deserved to die the way I did given the crap I pulled! Firstly, I had a petty argument with @ Hong Hong over Fire Emblem: If and whether or not a certain character was named Max or Marx. I'm lucky Hong just knocked me unconscious and didn't just stab me right then and there. Then I snub poor @ender_idk when he tries to have a friendly support conversation with me and finally, I'm assigned to defend Merlinus's tent but instead I just stuff my face with 9 dumplings and in the process lose 9 speed as a result. The Fire Emblem: Hunger Game's version of myself is kinda a doucebag. :urg:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Hai Robins, I heard someone thought it'd be cute to reveal our intention of coming heeya, and brought up some ZeldaxRobinfem action smh well, that won't deter US!

We've come to plaaaaaay, and it looks like we've already got plenty here! Maybe they aren't on a skype group?

Topic: Why would anyone use male robin? I mean, I know femReflet is entirely an inferior waifu to Zelda, but why????
Because male Robin is awesome.
Oh you want an actual answer?
He's kinder, a bit more subdued but not below doing some sassing himself when appropriate. He has the (in my opinion) superior Morgan.
Well, and then there was this:

How do yew even chase people with robin, she's so slow like.
You don't. You play smart and outzone your opponent.

Why did I just answer 8 page old posts honestly while ignoring the fact that there's a high probability they where meant somewhat trollish?
I really am too nice, ain't I?
Meanwhile, at the Falco boards. :p
Dat ain't Falco!

Damnit Nergal, stop sending me spam mails!
Drat! I was so close...
Though it'd be a pretty impressive coincidence if I won my first Hunger Games thingamabobber on my birthday.

BTW, it's my birthday. :p

(I really should make a WiiU version of this shop somewhere down the line. Sadly, I lack the time currently.)

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
What's this? I am away for one day and a raid happened? Damm it, why do the good things happen when I am not here. And I had so many jokes prepared too.
I was thinking of Palutena too when I saw the video.
O rly?

@ Drakonis Drakonis
Happy Birthday man. I just realized that you live in Germany too.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
He's kinder, a bit more subdued but not below doing some sassing himself when appropriate. He has the (in my opinion) superior Morgan.

Why did I just answer 8 page old posts honestly while ignoring the fact that there's a high probability they where meant somewhat trollish?

Dat ain't Falco!

Drat! I was so close...
Though it'd be a pretty impressive coincidence if I won my first Hunger Games thingamabobber on my birthday.

(I really should make a WiiU version of this shop somewhere down the line. Sadly, I lack the time currently.)
Happy Birthday! Did you have anything planned?

Shaymikyu

Dat ain't Falco!

Drat! I was so close...

Happy birthday, Drakonis!:chuckle:
Did you know the Hunger Games simulator already has a KnowYourMeme page?
Here's one of the examples.

I can't keep up with its KYM page... It updates so fast, and sometimes it feels like digging through a lot of meh ones. But some of the are gold and worth digging for.

Elezir

Dat ain't Falco!

Drat! I was so close...

Happy Birthday, dear:happysheep:
Maybe I'll make you a wallpaper later. Maybe

Hong

The Strongest
I for one think all Robins are created equal. Female, male, blue, green, red, yellow, white... yes, even pink. All are beautiful.

Originally I had only :4robinf: behind my posts. as that's the one I play. But... I decided to put both Robins behind my posts to represent my love for both. I am salty that the Robin I play was not in the trailer and not the default because the roster is a sausagefest and rather have had them take an opportunity to even it out a little, but that doesn't mean I bear any ill-will towards the Robin I don't play. It's not his fault Sakurai is an old Japanese man who probably doesn't really care.

So yes, @ Drakonis Drakonis : Male Robin IS awesome. Strut those Tactician robes with pride and hold your head high.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
...It isn't :4robinf:? I thought it was her in Samus armor or something.

I feel so dumb.
Haha, my avatar is usually Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X. I decided to edit a little for the raid, though :)

Here's the raid avatar if people who missed it wanted to see

Elezir

Haha, my avatar is usually Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X. I decided to edit a little for the raid, though :)

Here's the raid avatar if people who missed it wanted to see

I see. I have never played any Xenoblade, and didn't hunt any info for the new one, soo...
I should fix it soon, huh?:4shulk:

Hong

The Strongest
I see. I have never played any Xenoblade, and didn't hunt any info for the new one, soo...
I should fix it soon, huh?:4shulk:
Mileage may vary, but Xenoblade Chronicles is the best singleplayer console experience I've had in years. If you do the quests and whatnot you have about100 hours of content, great story, and an engaging combat system for the non-ranged characters.

Pick it up. Even if it costs you an arm and a leg, I think you'll like it in the end. Judging by your posts, you have good tastes in RPGs.:ness:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I usually go with :4robinm: just because of his voice, and he has one of the best alts imo (White Mage Robin ftw!). I don't mind switching to :4robinf: from time to time, and I would even say that I've been using her a lot more lately thanks to you guys and gals here; plus, her sassiness is simply unparalleled. :grin:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Drat! I was so close...

Happy Birthday! You share your birthday with Gangrel and Eiji Aonuma.

Well aware. For the Fire Emblem ones, I found these.

D

Deleted member

Happy birthday, Drakonis! :)

I have a looooooot of fun with The Hunger Games simulator. :p Sometimes I have funny scenarios, such as having Fi kill the Bionis and the Mechonis and have Marth dream of shipping Lucina and Zelda.
Yeah, I love creating custom events. I have a few like "X showed Y (his/her) moves," "X and Y failed to reach S-Support and were forced to be killed," "X was killed. I suppose (he/she) will get (his/her) chance another day," "X wonders why (he/she) is here," and my personal favorite "X used Jolt Haymaker off the arena."

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ Hong Hong and @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal enjoy a bath in Merlinus's tent whilst eating dumplings.

No big deal.
For us it was just Tuesday. These kids though, always be jumping on the shipping train the moment someone sees someone else naked like its a big deal.

It's also pretty evident to me that I'm actually good at this FE hunger game simulation but the game just hates me, given that I lost to near perfect RNG twice. Even made it to the final chapter too.

Hong

The Strongest
For us it was just Tuesday. These kids though, always be jumping on the shipping train the moment someone sees someone else naked like its a big deal.
I'll be honest with you: I am biased towards chill Tacticians. Relaxed enough to be able to laugh and enjoy things as they go, but also levelheaded with a certain amount of pragmaticality to allow for some down-to-earth discussion. That's what I like about you.
Agreed. Always approve of Ike.:love:

Top Bottom