• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Holy Naga! I haven't been on this social thread in a VERY long time.

"My apologizes" :4lucina:

At least I've returned just in time to celebrate 600 glorious pages of Robin goodness! :4robinm::4robinf::4robinm::4robinf::4robinm::4robinf::4robinm:
Seriously though, it's extremely impressive to see the Robin social thread having the most posts of any social thread on Smashboards. That's a rather impressive feat I must say, and it speaks volumes to the amazing individuals who we have frequenting this thread. ^_^ I love that even though I haven't been in here in some time, the party never stops and I must thank you all so much for that. <3 So in celebration of this occasion, and as a thank you to all of you, enjoy this Robin fan art. ^o^

Last edited:

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
@ Kenith Kenith This is your experience with Fire Emblem: Awakening.

"Don't worry, this is going to be an even match." -Aaron

{That would be 23 x 3 (critical hit) = 69. Not only is that a nice number, I just killed you three times; guaranteed hit.}

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I don't know if you've checked your email, but there should be an email notification about it. Though I would have to assume that shipping takes different times for different people. I knew a guy who got his CD almost 3 days ago so I guess you just have to be a more patient :/
No e-mail yet. I check daily because of school things.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
In unrelated news, I love my region.

That's awesome.
*Irrelevant text removed*
That signature of yours is awesome.

In other news:
Would anyone even C-Support me?
Of course not

Edit:
@ Kenith Kenith This is your experience with Fire Emblem: Awakening.

"Don't worry, this is going to be an even match." -Aaron

{That would be 23 x 3 (critical hit) = 69. Not only is that a nice number, I just killed you three times; guaranteed hit.}
You think that's crazy? I've killed guys like 4 or even 5 times over (if not more) in Awakening. The Avatar once hit something for 200+ damage. It was crazy.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I still haven't gotten any email regarding the Smash CD ;A;

Builds 2/3 for both genders are what I usually go with and often change with subsequent runs, though I wish hair styles were universally available. I don't like to be reminded about how short I really am, probably shorter than Ricken... >_>

I usually go with these two the most:

I would build supports with anyone here interested, just that I haven't had much free time lately. v_v

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
WHAT'S COOKIN'?

I don't seem to come around these grounds anymore, hunh. Supports been done tho?

I wonder if to complete my design thing for my char before going to more OC activities. Also late to the 600 page party, I guess.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Happy 600th page, guys and gals! I did not realize we where the biggest social thread. Though with how busy you all tend to be here while I'm sleeping it really doesn't surprise me.
There is no party like a tactician party cause a tactician party don't stop!

Also <3 @ Hong Hong for quoting "for me it was Tuesday".

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Shipping and S-supporting members, huh?

Than I remember how the last shipping war I saw ended:

Joke. You guys are super cool. This time I am serious.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Holy Naga! I haven't been on this social thread in a VERY long time.

"My apologizes" :4lucina:

At least I've returned just in time to celebrate 600 glorious pages of Robin goodness! :4robinm::4robinf::4robinm::4robinf::4robinm::4robinf::4robinm:
Seriously though, it's extremely impressive to see the Robin social thread having the most posts of any social thread on Smashboards. That's a rather impressive feat I must say, and it speaks volumes to the amazing individuals who we have frequenting this thread. ^_^ I love that even though I haven't been in here in some time, the party never stops and I must thank you all so much for that. <3 So in celebration of this occasion, and as a thank you to all of you, enjoy this Robin fan art. ^o^

Is that :4robinm: x :4robinf: I see? My favorite ship.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It's Lissa's birthday today. Be sure to wish a happy birthday to one of the best little sister's (outside of Morgan.)

f16.jpg

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Well, if anyone wants to support with Yu'Lee just start a conversation.:4pacman:
Just don't wake him up. He's ill-humored in the mornings.

WHAT'S COOKIN'?

I don't seem to come around these grounds anymore, hunh. Supports been done tho?

I wonder if to complete my design thing for my char before going to more OC activities. Also late to the 600 page party, I guess.
Well, truth to be told, we hadn't developed our character completely before doing the supports.
We only started doing that in middle of the supports, when necessary, just keeping in mind the character's basic personality, letting the rest come naturally. (At least, that's what I did)
Not exactly the best way to do things, but kinda worked in the end, I suppose.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Hong! I approve of that Gria Avatar! FFTA~ was my introduction into turn based strategy, which later evolved into my obsession with the Fire Emblem and X-Com series.
Anyways, seeing as all of the last few pages I missed out were talking about writing sample supports, I'd like to say that I'd be willing to write supports with pretty much anyone. So all ya folks who called out, I'm willing to lend a hand.
My character is on the OC board in the FE social, send me a message if you're interested.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Robin x Reflet all yes. (I prefer self-cest-less version)

It's Lissa's birthday today. Be sure to wish a happy birthday to one of the best little sister's (outside of Morgan.)

View attachment 41638
WHAT.

MY WAIF HAS A BIRTHDAY AND I DIDN'T KNOW.

*Rummages through his cartridges to play Awakening*

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I had just pulled off what I think is my greatest combo with Robin which lead me to burst out in laughter/shock from it happening. Bear with me on the bad quality since I had to be a peasant and record it while watching the replay. :/

I tend to have some of my best For Glory moments on Yoshi's Island and I don't know why.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I had just pulled off what I think is my greatest combo with Robin which lead me to burst out in laughter/shock from it happening. Bear with me on the bad quality since I had to be a peasant and record it while watching the replay. :/
I tend to have some of my best For Glory moments on Yoshi's Island and I don't know why.
You know you guys are making it really hard for me to not main Robin.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
It's been a long time since I last made a wallapaer, but here's one:4pacman:
It was made more for background effect test, but it turned out nicely, I think.

Just after I finished it a friend of mine said it gave yaoi vibes :v I intended it to come off as more of bromance/friendship, but eh, whatever. Still, I don't get romance vibes, but that could be because I was the one who made.

Meanwhile, I'm still struggling with my 3ds.
Delta-sama, what's your secret?

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

Meanwhile, I'm still struggling with my 3ds.
Delta-sama, what's your secret?
I won't lie, I thought Chrom was Professor Sycamore for a second, but very nice wallpaper *saved to my wallpaper folder*

As for smash, well I'm not the best at giving advice but I'll try.

One thing I would suggest is learning to follow up. After I hit him with Arcthunder, I knew I had a guaranteed Fair. I will admit that sometimes I will throw out spells in situations just to see if they will work, like that Arcfire for instance. I had not planned for that to actually hit him, but once it connected I knew I could capitalize off it. I hit him with another Fair and realizing that I could still follow up, I used my jump to hit him with Nair. I wanted to continue the chain going, but I had to land first. After that I only had one good option to keep the attacks coming which was thunder. So I guess what I'm trying to get across is figure out what follow ups Robin can do, like Fair and Uair after an Arcfire. Keep your eyes open and figure out what you can do safely in certain situations. Try to be a couple steps ahead of yourself and think about how the opponent may react.

So tl;dr = learn what moves can link with each other, keep an eye out for what options you can perform, overall just learn the character like the back of your hand. After that I'd suggest work on spacing, learning to punish and going for reads, but I'm not as I said earlier I'm not the best at giving advice so you might want to get some second opinions. :p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Frederick Emblem has concluded with a surprisingly different outcome than originally predicted. Long will bards tell the tale of the slumbering dragon and the steel boot wedged firmly up his backside; longer still will they tell of the knight that put it there.

Bit of a postmortem for the curious.

By and large, I found this easier than my Normal run. It turns out that given access to Aegis, and when encouraged to nom all the stat items that pass by, you can pull some tanky, tanky ****. Ever seen Boots on a Wyvern Lord? That's cray cray.

I ended Chrom as a Paladin for the higher mobility and Res, which both turned out to be crucial in various chapters. I outfitted him with Aether, Rightful King, Defender, Aegis, and Dual Strike+. Frederick ended as a Wyvern Lord since it seemed the best option for him overall, and the mobility, tankiness, and pure crushing strength all came in handy at various intervals. He got outfitted with Aegis, Pavise, Defender, Dual Guard+ and Luna.

As I stated previously - archers, mages, heavily-armored units, and critmongers. By the time the endgame rolled around I was doing such absurd damage that heavily-armored units were irrelevant. Archers were only an issue to Frederick, so I generally swapped to Chrom to shank them and move on. Mages, thanks to Aegis and a health pool deep enough to drown in, were also only an issue for Frederick, and only then if they were packing Rexcalibur. Critmongers were still only critting off of perhaps 3 damage, and found that it was hard to approach a Booted Wyvern Lord packing nothing but axes and murder.

The most difficult part of the rest of the game was keeping enough weapons in hand to break against whatever opposed me.

The earlier chapters were in fact more difficult than later ones because I was forced to babysit all the fielded units that weren't allowed to attack. The second my roster was full and this was no longer a concern, all I had to deal with was my plan of attack on each map.

However, due to the rules of the run, some things became flat impossible:
- Donnel could not be recruited because he was not allowed to gain experience on the battlefield.
- Yen'fay could not be recruited because I could not field Say'ri to speak with him.
- Tiki and Emmeryn could not be recruited because with you can't effectively shield ally units with only two fighters in a wide-open space.
- Aversa could not be recruited because everything breaks against 15 copies of Chrom and Frederick.

Some of the highlights of the remainder:
- Marrying Chrom to Olivia, recruiting Inigo, and promptly setting both to benchwarm mode.
- Buying Javelins ten at a time.
- Watching the game get easier rather than harder as I went along.
- Shanking StreetPass teams I really had no right to, including an entire team of Avatar units.
- Completing Priam's map...in 59 turns.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I'm continuing my Awakening run, and just got past Chapter 19.

Walhart willingly went after Morgan.

And died.

:cheep:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
So I'm continuing my Awakening run, and just got past Chapter 19.

Walhart willingly went after Morgan.

And died.

On mt first run (where Robin married Chrom), Lucina and Morgan tag teamed and took out Walhart. I had to resist saying, "they grow up so fast:cry:."

Hong

The Strongest
Hong! I approve of that Gria Avatar! FFTA~ was my introduction into turn based strategy, which later evolved into my obsession with the Fire Emblem and X-Com series.
Happy that you find this avatar to be agriable.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Happy that you find this avatar to be agriable.
I can't even twist that; the one instance of agriable I located was an old english spelling meaning the same thing.

Dammit Hong, you're taking the fun out of this.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Well I found out that Rugby Shirt (Villager that I main) is actually NOT universally disliked/disinterested by everyone. Yay

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Happy birfday Lissa! :3c

It seems like my CDs have arrived here in the US yesterday; hoping to get them next week at the earliest! ^_^

And now I start Chapter 10 of my run in Awakening... :(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Real talk:

My brother['s Myrmidon Avatar bought from the Logbook] just killed Walhart in my save file.

Dumb as hell Walhart just charged at him.

Top Bottom