• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I found out that despite not having custom characters on, my amiibo retained all equipment stat increases. Pika was doing at the very least 5% on every hit, up to about 30 on a sweetspot Up-smash so I knew something was off. I just resestted him so now I have to grind with him all over again :c

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
HOLY CRAP! I haven't graced Smashboards in quite some time. Smash Bros. Wii U and Pokemon Omega Ruby has completely overtaken my social life and free time. Why does Nintendo do this to me!? :crying: But I knew this was going to happen. Besides, I'm enjoy the heck out of both games! ^o^ Time to catch up and mingle with my favourite people on Smashboards! <3

Smash Tour is terribly bland and there isn't much to it. When people come over, 99.99% of the time, they would Smash instead of play Smash Tour.
I wouldn't have touched this mode if it wasn't involved in the unlock methods for Pac-Land, a song, and a trophy of Riki.
Hmmm, I must be one of the few that actually enjoys the random, crazy nature of Smash Tour. I actually enjoy it more than Smash Run, and I really liked that mode as well. But to each they're own, it's clearly a hit or miss for many and that's understandable. ^_^

Then I finished this:
View attachment 30805
@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~

Btw, found my blending pencil. ART WILL NEVER DIE!:4lucina: That also means I can finish up Gracidea and Unknown.

Seriously, I wish I could draw just as good as you do! I pray that when you finish your current art projects that you might be willing to draw an avatar for me. I would be honoured if you could as your skills are truly fantastic! <3

YOU GOD DAM TAKE THAT BACK! :hulk:.

If anything, Gerudo Valley should have replaced Bridge of Eldin, or even better, have Bridge of Eldin replaced with Hyrule Castle 64. Serious. Why the hell would you get rid of Skyloft? And if beeter not be becasue "It basically a Delfino Plaza Rip off" because that doesn't count. I mean, they really didn't have much other choice when designing that stage. How would you design it? (don't stay PM style, that one is really bland)
Freaking love Skyloft and Gerudo Valley. Both are very fun stages to play on and I'm satisfied with the way they were both handled. Besides, I love dynamically moving stages like Delfino Plaza and Skyloft. Although, not a big fan of Pac Land but it's still enjoyable. One of the better moving stages IMO.

So I bought a Pikachu amiibo today and spent about two hours training him up to his max level of 50. This little punk has some serious sass to him now. I underestimated him in the first serious match I had with him at lvl 50 and he ended up trolling me hard. There was an interval where he would wait on the ledge and not do anything up until I got back on stage which he would bait me to put up my shield, then he grabs me. In the same match he would do nothing but roll and airdodge whenever I would grab him for if I tried to hit him with just about anything, he would perfect shield it. I got super frustrated and when I was down to my last stock, I learned that I was playing right in his hands, but I couldn't calm down and suffered my first loss against him.

So pretty much; amiibos are dumb to fight against, but are much better to play against than regular CPUs.
I've been training my Killager, which is my Villager Amiibo, and he's been constantly giving me a run for my money compared to level 9 CPU's. They are both fantastic to train with and fight against. Although I much prefer to fight with them and destroy my friends. :p I still need to train my Mario, Samus and Kirby Amiibo's but there's just so much bloody content in this game that the other modes have absorbed my time and effort. Oh well, I'll get to them eventually. :awesome:

Now to go into my impressions of Smash Bros. Wii U. FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Robin and Lucina in HD is a dream come true and they handle incredibly well with my Wii U Pro controller. I just beat Cruel Smash with Lucina and K.O.'d 8 Mii's to complete those two achievements. It was SO bloody difficult, but somehow I did it and I'm quite proud with that. Now to do a Classic Mode 8.0 run with Robin and Lucina. :c My online experience has been leaps and bounds better on the Wii U. I've been playing a ton of For Fun matches, which is what lagged the most in the 3DS version, and I have barely and lag at all in the Wii U version. It's like night and day for me. And now For Glory matches are completely lagless, at least so far. I've yet to run into anyone with a bad wifi or internet connection so far, guess I'm lucky there. One thing I am disappointed with is that there's no "Don't Speak Her Name!" or "Divine Decree Ablaze" as I've unlocked almost all the songs in the game from the list I saw online. Such a shame that those songs weren't even considered. I mean, those seem more fitting to Smash Bros. than "Duty Ablaze" or "Conquest Ablaze" in my personal opinion. Oh well, it's not a big deal real given how amazing the soundtrack already is. I got "I'd Because" and that was an important one that I couldn't live without.

I had an 8 player Smash Bros. Wii U party last Saturday with my friends and it was a blast! Some of the best Smash Bros. moments were immortalized during that day and we all had a ton of fun. I won most of the matches with Robin, Lucina and Shulk so I'm proud of that. Most of my friends are about the same level of skill as I am when it comes to Smash Bros. so I was very proud of myself when I showed off my prowess with my mains. Now my friends want to try out Robin, Lucina and Shulk more because of me. :laugh: I think we played for a good 9 hours, which actually went by faster than I expected.

Overall, my Smash Bros. Wii U experience has been utterly incredible and far better than I had imaged! :)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
HOLY CRAP! I haven't graced Smashboards in quite some time. Smash Bros. Wii U and Pokemon Omega Ruby has completely overtaken my social life and free time. Why does Nintendo do this to me!? :crying: But I knew this was going to happen. Besides, I'm enjoy the heck out of both games! ^o^ Time to catch up and mingle with my favourite people on Smashboards! <3

Hmmm, I must be one of the few that actually enjoys the random, crazy nature of Smash Tour. I actually enjoy it more than Smash Run, and I really liked that mode as well. But to each they're own, it's clearly a hit or miss for many and that's understandable. ^_^

Seriously, I wish I could draw just as good as you do! I pray that when you finish your current art projects that you might be willing to draw an avatar for me. I would be honoured if you could as your skills are truly fantastic! <3

Freaking love Skyloft and Gerudo Valley. Both are very fun stages to play on and I'm satisfied with the way they were both handled. Besides, I love dynamically moving stages like Delfino Plaza and Skyloft. Although, not a big fan of Pac Land but it's still enjoyable. One of the better moving stages IMO.

I've been training my Killager, which is my Villager Amiibo, and he's been constantly giving me a run for my money compared to level 9 CPU's. They are both fantastic to train with and fight against. Although I much prefer to fight with them and destroy my friends. :p I still need to train my Mario, Samus and Kirby Amiibo's but there's just so much bloody content in this game that the other modes have absorbed my time and effort. Oh well, I'll get to them eventually. :awesome:

Now to go into my impressions of Smash Bros. Wii U. FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Robin and Lucina in HD is a dream come true and they handle incredibly well with my Wii U Pro controller. I just beat Cruel Smash with Lucina and K.O.'d 8 Mii's to complete those two achievements. It was SO bloody difficult, but somehow I did it and I'm quite proud with that. Now to do a Classic Mode 8.0 run with Robin and Lucina. :c My online experience has been leaps and bounds better on the Wii U. I've been playing a ton of For Fun matches, which is what lagged the most in the 3DS version, and I have barely and lag at all in the Wii U version. It's like night and day for me. And now For Glory matches are completely lagless, at least so far. I've yet to run into anyone with a bad wifi or internet connection so far, guess I'm lucky there. One thing I am disappointed with is that there's no "Don't Speak Her Name!" or "Divine Decree Ablaze" as I've unlocked almost all the songs in the game from the list I saw online. Such a shame that those songs weren't even considered. I mean, those seem more fitting to Smash Bros. than "Duty Ablaze" or "Conquest Ablaze" in my personal opinion. Oh well, it's not a big deal real given how amazing the soundtrack already is. I got "I'd Because" and that was an important one that I couldn't live without.

I had an 8 player Smash Bros. Wii U party last Saturday with my friends and it was a blast! Some of the best Smash Bros. moments were immortalized during that day and we all had a ton of fun. I won most of the matches with Robin, Lucina and Shulk so I'm proud of that. Most of my friends are about the same level of skill as I am when it comes to Smash Bros. so I was very proud of myself when I showed off my prowess with my mains. Now my friends want to try out Robin, Lucina and Shulk more because of me. :laugh: I think we played for a good 9 hours, which actually went by faster than I expected.

Overall, my Smash Bros. Wii U experience has been utterly incredible and far better than I had imaged! :)

HI SYREK, WELCOME BACK. :happysheep:AND THANK YOU FOR BEING A SKYLOFT LOVER, I LOVE YOU MAN *Hugs* :laugh:

Anyway, you impression of the wii u version makes me want to get a Wii u and smash even more :c. Hopefully I can get one before Zelda Wii u :chuckle:.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
HI SYREK, WELCOME BACK. :happysheep:AND THANK YOU FOR BEING A SKYLOFT LOVER, I LOVE YOU MAN *Hugs* :laugh:

Anyway, you impression of the wii u version makes me want to get a Wii u and smash even more :c. Hopefully I can get one before Zelda Wii u :chuckle:.
Thanks, Unknown Hero! :happysheep:Well Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time are my two favourite Zelda games of all time so it's only natural for me to be a Skyloft lover. :chuckle: Awww, love you too bro. *hugs* <3 :laugh:

Oh, I'm sorry Unknown Hero, I didn't mean to upset ya with my impressions. :ohwell: I hope you can get one as well before than too. :dr^_^:

Hong

The Strongest
yeeeeesh, more twitch stuff!
What's wrong with Skyward Sword? :(
Yes, yes. What could possibly be wrong with Skyward Sword?

Arcfire! :4robinf:
The only stage i'm really bummed they didn't put in the Wii U version is magicant, mainly because Onett isn't good representation for the Mother series, or a good stage at all.
Yes to this and yes to your avatar.

Or should I say "hey"? :4dedede:
@Pikachewy99 : Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to draw a swag combo picture featuring your take on my avatar and a character of @ Hong Hong 's choice for the Robin board mod combo pack. ~_~
Probably forever immortalized as the Protector from Etrian Odyssey.

Yes, truly, as a team we are unstoppable. :4robinf:

Mostly. :4robinf:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Thanks, Unknown Hero! :happysheep:Well Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time are my two favourite Zelda games of all time so it's only natural for me to be a Skyloft lover. :chuckle: Awww, love you too bro. *hugs* <3 :laugh:

Oh, I'm sorry Unknown Hero, I didn't mean to upset ya with my impressions. :ohwell: I hope you can get one as well before than too. :dr^_^:
DAWW. THANKS. X3.

Yes, yes. What could possibly be wrong with Skyward Sword?
:(. I was serious. What is wrong with Skyward Sword?

*Pulls out extinguisher*

Um, what's Etrian Odyssey? I don't think I have heard it.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I was serious. What is wrong with Skyward Sword?
1) Attaching sword actions to motion controls is always going to mean there is a delay in input.
The gyroscopic algorithm devised to detect Link's sword motions detect a gesture from A to B, Between the gesture and registration, there is a 0.77s~ from the moment you make the Wii Remote gesture to it actually happening. To counter this delay, the designers make the game designed around it. This results in a lot of slow, stupid combat sequences where enemies just run up to you and stand to accommodate this delay period like this is a typing game or something.

I won't even get into the fact that this experience is actually not at all an interesting combat system. It loses novelty FAST. Meanwhile I can pop in Link's Awakening or something and just mash that sword button to provide an infinitely more satisfying experience, all the while the game offers more difficulty than Skyward Sword's toddler-tailored challenges could ever hope to provide where the difficulty is in the controls more than the environment.

2) Being hand-held while my enjoyment is drowning
The first three hours of the game on tutorial island are a horrible disgrace to game design. It's bad enough that the game treats me like a ****ing idiot. It's even worse when the game gives me a yes or no prompt and still gives me another tutorial even if I said I don't want any help. And the few times I would ever actually want information it's not even there. What the hell were they even doing.

Excessive dialogue and handholding is a horrible sin in game design and cancer that has come with the "let's make non-gamers gamers" generation of consoles. I'm so glad Aonuma has been willing to acknowledge how idiotic it was and is not going to do that again. The human being is naturally inclined to explore an environment and learn the tools they have been given. Let the player figure it out. Help should be 100% optional, as it is in Link Between Worlds.

3) Horrible flow and desperation for elongating the experience
No matter how you cut it, they stagnated their design possibilities by restricting the world to essentially three areas. Yeah, they can include a "water stage" with the forest area, but that still means you are going through the same ****ing forest area again to get there. Same with the mountains and that dull, drab, lifeless desert. Speaking of the forest area, the Tadnote sequence is the worst experience I have ever had in a Legend of Zelda game. How desperate can you be to make the game longer than to have the player swim around to grab notes. I am not even playing a game anymore. There is nothing fun or engaging going on. They are just lazily trying to string together the greatest quantity of play time with little emphasis on quality.

This is why you don't get Hong talking about Skyward Sword. I could go on and on with all the awful, but you get my point. :4robinf:

Um, what's Etrian Odyssey? I don't think I have heard it.
It's a game series developed by Atlus that emulates 80s CRPGs. The game design goes back to the days where the difficulty was ruthless, the explorer had to draw their own map, and the story lies in the heart of the player. I recommend that anyone and everyone picks up Etrian Odyssey IV on the eShop because it's cheap for a full game, and the best entry in the series.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
This is why you don't get Hong talking about Skyward Sword. I could go on and on with all the awful, but you get my point. :4robinf:
#Arcsfired. Just kidding. I actually have no opinion on the matter because I have never played a Zelda game, which probably makes me the worst offender here. Well, unless you count StarFox Adventures :troll:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I recommend that anyone and everyone picks up Etrian Odyssey IV on the eShop because it's cheap for a full game, and the best entry in the series.
I have bought EO IV on the eShop back several months ago. I kinda stopped ever since Smash 4 came out, but hearing all this talk about it does make me want to go boot it up again. The difficulty of it did turn me off at first, but at the same time it was a more challenging feel rather than a brutal task of survival.

Also if you're going to be the Protector/Fortress, could I be the Sniper?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
1) Attaching sword actions to motion controls is always going to mean there is a delay in input.
The gyroscopic algorithm devised to detect Link's sword motions detect a gesture from A to B, Between the gesture and registration, there is a 0.77s~ from the moment you make the Wii Remote gesture to it actually happening. To counter this delay, the designers make the game designed around it. This results in a lot of slow, stupid combat sequences where enemies just run up to you and stand to accommodate this delay period like this is a typing game or something.

I won't even get into the fact that this experience is actually not at all an interesting combat system. It loses novelty FAST. Meanwhile I can pop in Link's Awakening or something and just mash that sword button to provide an infinitely more satisfying experience, all the while the game offers more difficulty than Skyward Sword's toddler-tailored challenges could ever hope to provide where the difficulty is in the controls more than the environment.

The first three hours of the game on tutorial island are a horrible disgrace to game design. It's bad enough that the game treats me like a ****ing idiot. It's even worse when the game gives me a yes or no prompt and still gives me another tutorial even if I said I don't want any help. And the few times I would ever actually want information it's not even there. What the hell were they even doing.

Excessive dialogue and handholding is a horrible sin in game design and cancer that has come with the "let's make non-gamers gamers" generation of consoles. I'm so glad Aonuma has been willing to acknowledge how idiotic it was and is not going to do that again. The human being is naturally inclined to explore an environment and learn the tools they have been given. Let the player figure it out. Help should be 100% optional, as it is in Link Between Worlds.

No matter how you cut it, they stagnated their design possibilities by restricting the world to essentially three areas. Yeah, they can include a "water stage" with the forest area, but that still means you are going through the same ****ing forest area again to get there. Same with the mountains and that dull, drab, lifeless desert. Speaking of the forest area, the Tadnote sequence is the worst experience I have ever had in a Legend of Zelda game. How desperate can you be to make the game longer than to have the player swim around to grab notes. I am not even playing a game anymore. There is nothing fun or engaging going on. They are just lazily trying to string together the greatest quantity of play time with little emphasis on quality.

the third point in particular is why I never finished SS, I got to the point where you had to revive the dragons and stopped playing it due to lack of time, but then I read what comes after that and I simply couldn't even think of the idea of ever finishing the game. I was already disliking the controls, the overworld (THOSE AWFUL FLYING MOTION CONTROLS) and the pacing, but reading that is what really broke it for me. Honestly, the only thing I can salvage from the game are the kikwis, those things are pretty cute.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
But what if I like both of the Staduim's? Does that mean you dislike me D: .
It's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. As I said before, I don't mind them on a gameplay level. It's just the concept that rubs me a little wrong.
I would absolutely love to see N's castle in HD. Sucker for BW, I guess.
When I got to that part of White, my first thought was "this better be a SSB stage."
The only stage i'm really bummed they didn't put in the Wii U version is magicant, mainly because Onett isn't good representation for the Mother series, or a good stage at all.
Agreed. Not even one new Mother stage for the Wii U, not even just reusing Magicant? Magicant is a perfect franchise representative, too. Fanservice everywhere and it's from not one but TWO games, a rarity in that series.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Double Post
Yes to this and yes to your avatar.

Or should I say "hey"? :4dedede:
Probably forever immortalized as the Protector from Etrian Odyssey.

Yes, truly, as a team we are unstoppable. :4robinf:

Mostly. :4robinf:
Whoa whoa what's going on? :4dedede:
Also i recently played Shovel Knight, and the first thing i thought when i saw Shield Knight was "Yep, that's Hong".

the third point in particular is why I never finished SS, I got to the point where you had to revive the dragons and stopped playing it due to lack of time, but then I read what comes after that and I simply couldn't even think of the idea of ever finishing the game. I was already disliking the controls, the overworld (THOSE AWFUL FLYING MOTION CONTROLS) and the pacing, but reading that is what really broke it for me. Honestly, the only thing I can salvage from the game are the kikwis, those things are pretty cute.
Well i agree with most of this, however, there is one part of the endgame that i think it's completely worth it:
THAT LAST GHIRAHIM'S BOSS FIGHT IS FRIGGIN' FANTASTIC.
Ghirahim.png

May god have mercy on us...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
Also if you're going to be the Protector/Fortress, could I be the Sniper?
It would be my honour if my warcry is the song that calls your arrows.

Just know that you'll be buddying up with @Narwalgod. :4dedede: He fancies the Sniper as well.
Three good things that came form SS in my opinion:

1) Ghirahim
To anyone reading this, it's okay if you don't like him, but I do. I want more of him.

2) Some pretty/cool areas and great music to go with them
One area you missed out on if you dropped out is the Ancient Cistern. That was one of my favourite dungeons in a Legend of Zelda title. The game was overall pleasant on the audio front as well.

3) Exploring the Legend of Zelda story
It is important to note that this is not a compliment towards the actual writing in the game. Rather, i really liked the concept of this being "the first Link", 'the beginning of Ganon", and so on. I think, overall, it's a great way of "starting" the legacy of the series, from the origins of the Master Sword, to the epic climax of Link VS Demise, and his final spiteful words.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

May god have mercy on us...

Thundre! Echthundre! Achthundre! THURON!

About Skyward Sword, it had a great concept but I agree with what Hong says about the gameplay. The idea of giving the series some backstory on how the Triforce and everything came to be is very intriguing, but the gameplay.. well the motion controls certainly aren't responsive. Add to the fact I'm left handed while the game goes with right handed Link and that equals WRIST CRAMPING GOOD STORY NOT MAKING UP FOR GAMEPLAY
I'd love to see a remake of SS kind of like ORAS where the story is similar but there's some major differences. Remake SS with regular controller options and not some hand breaking motion control and I think it'd be very well recieved.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

Just know that you'll be buddying up with @Narwalgod. :4dedede: He fancies the Sniper as well.
I may not be the archest of archers, but my arrows shall pierce any foe who shall have the misfortune of being my target beyond my drawstring.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
This is the internet age, so I can pretend that I'm really well informed on what Etrian Odyssey is. Except this is the internet age, so I'm too lazy to do much real research. After spending about one and a half minutes on the wiki (amazing, I know), I want to be an Imperial, simply because they "look cool." I would put down a picture, but once again: Internet age; too lazy.:4darkpit:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
All enjoyment you can get from Link's Awakening is gone the moment you have to pause, swap an item, unpause, and repeat the cycle 30 times in a minute.

Hong

The Strongest
All enjoyment you can get from Link's Awakening is gone the moment you have to pause, swap an item, unpause, and repeat the cycle 30 times in a minute.
Indeed. Also, I tried the DX version for the first time a year or so back (had only played the original) and wow do the coloured tunics absolutely demolish any challenge the game has. Staying clear away from those next time I play.
I want to be the Pyro! Oh wait wrong game :4roy:
Airblast would put me out of a job.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Never understood how so many people had trouble with the motion controls for Skyward Sword. Not once during my two playthroughs did it feel straining, off-putting, jarring or not accurate. Perhaps I got really lucky, I'm not sure, but the controls were never a problem for me. And many people say that they couldn't get comfortable when playing the game because of said controls, I disagree strongly. Most of the time I was lying down or in a relax position. There were a couple of times where I had to me more involved, but it was never annoying or too tedious. Of course, everyone is different and many prefer standard controls, as do I. To each they're own of course, and I do understand if you didn't like them or not. They seem to be a hit or miss kind of thing when it comes to the game, which is a shame given how incredible the game outside of the controls are. Anyways, forgive my little rant there, had to speak up given that I'm a huge supporter of the game and all.

Back on topic to Robin though, just got all the custom moves for Robin, Lucina, and Shulk via Crazy Orders. It's a great way to farm for custom moves, equipment, CD's, and the occasional trophy! ^_^
Also, I found this pic on Miiverse and just HAD to share it with you all! BEHOLD! :happysheep:

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Morgan, but let me explain. When our tomes break, they become thrown weapons. And we use thrown weapons to KO opponents. And so all our weapons are connected in the great Circle of Durability.

Hong

The Strongest
So the Wii U version is seemingly between 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 of the 3DS, with some ever-so-slight character differences. Perhaps there will be a patch either the coming or following Tuesday to have the versions consistent.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

It's a game series developed by Atlus that emulates 80s CRPGs. The game design goes back to the days where the difficulty was ruthless, the explorer had to draw their own map, and the story lies in the heart of the player. I recommend that anyone and everyone picks up Etrian Odyssey IV on the eShop because it's cheap for a full game, and the best entry in the series.

1) Ghirahim
To anyone reading this, it's okay if you don't like him, but I do. I want more of him.

One area you missed out on if you dropped out is the Ancient Cistern. That was one of my favourite dungeons in a Legend of Zelda title. The game was overall pleasant on the audio front as well.

It is important to note that this is not a compliment towards the actual writing in the game. Rather, i really liked the concept of this being "the first Link", 'the beginning of Ganon", and so on. I think, overall, it's a great way of "starting" the legacy of the series, from the origins of the Master Sword, to the epic climax of Link VS Demise, and his final spiteful words.

Thundre! Echthundre! Achthundre! THURON!

About Skyward Sword, it had a great concept but I agree with what Hong says about the gameplay. The idea of giving the series some backstory on how the Triforce and everything came to be is very intriguing, but the gameplay.. well the motion controls certainly aren't responsive. Add to the fact I'm left handed while the game goes with right handed Link and that equals WRIST CRAMPING GOOD STORY NOT MAKING UP FOR GAMEPLAY
I'd love to see a remake of SS kind of like ORAS where the story is similar but there's some major differences. Remake SS with regular controller options and not some hand breaking motion control and I think it'd be very well recieved.

Jokes aside, you guys are right. The game does have it's flaws, but so do most things and for some reason, I was able to completely ignore these flaws and enjoy the game (true story, I actually didn't notice the tutorial at the beginning of SS but absolutely hated Twilight Princess one). I mean, at least you guys have reasons to dislike it, I just HATE it we people blatantly go and say it's a bad games just "because". It infuriates me :mad:.
Also, after playing it all, the end of the game is totally worth it (especially the final battles and cutscene. OH GOD, that cutscene *crys*

Oh well.
The truth can be hard to swallow sometimes.
The best solution is to get over it, stab your best friend a little less than anticipated and then proceed to kill your father and your evil demonic god dragon doppelganger.
That's how I deal with uncomfortable truths. :4robinm::4robinf:
*Proceeds to backstab everyone who hate SS*

I want to be the Pyro! Oh wait wrong game :4roy:
K, you listenin'? Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines and bruddah, I hurt people! :upsidedown:

Never understood how so many people had trouble with the motion controls for Skyward Sword. Not once during my two playthroughs did it feel straining, off-putting, jarring or not accurate. Perhaps I got really lucky, I'm not sure, but the controls were never a problem for me. And many people say that they couldn't get comfortable when playing the game because of said controls, I disagree strongly. Most of the time I was lying down or in a relax position. There were a couple of times where I had to me more involved, but it was never annoying or too tedious. Of course, everyone is different and many prefer standard controls, as do I. To each they're own of course, and I do understand if you didn't like them or not. They seem to be a hit or miss kind of thing when it comes to the game, which is a shame given how incredible the game outside of the controls are. Anyways, forgive my little rant there, had to speak up given that I'm a huge supporter of the game and all.

Back on topic to Robin though, just got all the custom moves for Robin, Lucina, and Shulk via Crazy Orders. It's a great way to farm for custom moves, equipment, CD's, and the occasional trophy! ^_^
Also, I found this pic on Miiverse and just HAD to share it with you all! BEHOLD! :happysheep:

Thank. I was the exactly same, except without the arm pains for some reason

Also that picture is...... MAJESTICEmbarrass.

"Remember, Smashballs"

I can't find that comic right now, but found 2 others that will do just fine.

And my personal favourite

Poor Chrom :seuss:

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
"Remember, Smashballs"

I can't find that comic right now, but found 2 others that will do just fine.
Was it this one?

Sometimes makes me wonder if I'd do this inversion of this trope where it turns out I'm one of the tacticians not even willing to go Smashing because I'm have to leave Chrom behind (and fend for himself, that poor thing *pets*).

Skyward Sword-talk though? Personally, I really dislike the game. Controls were already a hassle here and there as they ask for a lot of precision and it's difficult for that to be delivered in some hectic fights (Lizalfos...). I also wish not everything was used by motion control (why didn't every item or function in the game was like the Bow-item in SS). It was a big killer to me how motion-based the game was as that motion control, despite being brushed up by Plus, wasn't still perfect.

Also, the game's progression and world was hella huge letdown. The flying concept was majestic, but the overworld (Sky) felt rather empty and bland at times when explored. And seriously, only 3 places to explore. Twice. Actually, 3 times. Also the story was big amount of fetchquests after another (even if Zelda was always about this but here it's so blatantly present than ever). I wish it also told us more origin stories instead of still using certain races or elements from Zelda-series that are still present (like, why do we have this one sole Goron still in the very BEGINNING OF THE TIMELINE in the series?). Also, Fi, who brought all the above together to a mess that I still cringe about. God, I hate Fi. I never felt babied so much in my life. I can't believe Navi is hated instead of her, she' the internet-famous nagging exposition fairy everyone keeps depicting as.

The best part about the game though is it's atmosphere and landscapes. Also some refinements to some elements from the previous titles (upgrading items and whatnot). They IMO were amazingly done. Lanayru Desert and Sand Sea's locations were IMO huge highlights. If anything kept me going to play the game further, it was this. The music also hits right to the core when applied to a right moment and if it's composed good enough for that aspect.

Personally, I wish it didn't have so many glaring flaws and had more world-building to it's plot and the very world it sets itself on rather than just throwing us to make Master Sword and stop Zelda's inner awakening, it would have easily been one of my fave entries in the series. That's not to say it's bad, but it has flaws that can divide it's player to like or not like it quite instantly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh boy, Skyward Sword talk?

Personally, I loved Skyward Sword. I loved the story and the atmosphere of the game. I also loved the characters in the game, more specifically Groose and Ghirahim, since they were given some detailed and likable personalities.

As for the controls, I enjoyed them, but I understand why people don't like them. Using the Wii Motion Plus made me feel like I was Link slashing away at my foes and I didn't have any trouble using the controls at all. I got used to them pretty easily, especially when I did the sword fighting mini game in Wii Sports Resort prior. The controls actually make combat satisfying since, again, I felt like I was Link; I felt greatly accomplished whenever I took down a boss or giant enemy like a Moblin.

I will admit that the overworld exploration is a bit bland (but I'll take The Sky over The Great Sea ANY day), but I didn't mind it too much. I also didn't mind revisiting the same areas over and over again.

Oh yeah, and the music is incredibly freaking awesome.

So... yeah. I like Skyward Sword and it's my favorite Zelda and I have played many Zelda games.
*flame shield activated*

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
:scared:
1) Ghirahim
You are forgiven.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326

1) Ghirahim

4) and Speedruns

The main run:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCIRz2oGjaA

The "abridged" run:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLbYFfc7G4c

Last edited:

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Personally I loved Skyward Sword, the controls were a bit odd but the story and the landscapes were just beautiful. I liked that in the first part you need to search for Zelda, it give like a feeling that you need to hurry up to catch her. The controls were strange as I said but nothing so horrible that makes the experience horrible, it was like a more interactive Twilight Princess in some way (but still I prefer the GC version).

The characters in the game were amazing, obviously the highlights are Groose and Ghirahim, they have a unique personality and really well made, Ghirahim still give me the creeps but I can't deny that the character is cool. Skyloft and the Sky were really fun to explore, compared to The Great Sea it was a lot less tedious and time consuming and the fact that you are flying makes that really cool.

And the music is just wonderful, Ballad of the Goddess is amazing and the boss fights were so cool and fit so well with the atmosphere. One thing that disappointed me was the instrument, the harp is boring meanwhile in other Zeldas you have the Ocarina or The Wind Waker that taked a little challenge in memorizing the notes, here is just follow the rhythm.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Com eat me bro? :troll: Sorry, I just don't like hashtags.
About time someone said that.

But yes, Zelda has not once been played by me. No game at all. And really, I don't feel left out in spite of the praises everyone sings about Skyward Sword(I am neutral to it).

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

But yes, Zelda has not once been played by me. No game at all. And really, I don't feel left out in spite of the praises everyone sings about Skyward Sword(I am neutral to it).
It's all good! ^_^ I've never played an F-Zero game despite many people singing praises for those games. It's just not my type of racing game. I prefer Mario Kart for my racing needs.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's all good! ^_^ I've never played an F-Zero game despite many people singing praises for those games. It's just not my type of racing game. I prefer Mario Kart for my racing needs.
F-Zero I can understand, it's surprisingly hardcore and requires very specific inputs.

I implore you to try one. Obviously the best starting point would be Ocarina of Time, but choose any, they're all great.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I just unpacked my new TV set. 106 cm/42 inches of glory.
It's... beautiful...

Truly a screen fit for Smash.
A worthy TV set indeed! :4robinm:

If there was one thing about Skyward Sword that I did like it was the dungeons. Seriously, those where some of the best in the series. The music ranged from good to amazing, too. But so does the music in almost every other Zelda game.
Too bad they where wasted in a game that was crap in a lot of other departments. And I'm not even talking about the controls, which I thought wheren't as horrible as everyone else who doesn't like the game seems to think (but they didn't help anything either).
And don't get me started on Fii.
Seriously, don't.

In regards of stages though, I'll probably miss Gerudo Valley in the WiiU version... I just like how good the stage already looks on the 3DS.
I'll also miss Rainbow Road, Mute City and partly Arena Ferox.
Other than that, I don't think I care for any of the stages too terribly much.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just unpacked my new TV set. 106 cm/42 inches of glory.
It's... beautiful...

Truly a screen fit for Smash.
A worthy TV set indeed! :4robinm:

I there was one thing about Skyward Sword that I did like it was the dungeons. Seriously, those where some of the best in the series. The music ranged from good to amazing, too. But so does the music in almost every other Zelda game.
Too bad they where wasted in a game that was crap in a lot of other departments. And I'm not even talking about the controls, which I thought wheren't as horrible as everyone else who doesn't like the game seems to think (but they didn't help anything either).
And don't get me started on Fii.
Seriously, don't.

In regards of stages though, I'll probably miss Gerudo Valley in the WiiU version... I just like how good the stage already looks on the 3DS.
I'll also miss Rainbow Road, Mute City and partly Arena Ferox.
Other than that, I don't think I care for any of the stages too terribly much.
The beauty of Magicant shall never be seen in HD, to many a @ Hong Hong 's disdain. I feel your pain Hong, I feel your pain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom