• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I HIGHLY APPROVE OF THIS ONE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE IT WITHOUT TEXT AND ILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
Will do! :4robinm:

Go wild.
Also cleaned it up a little and made 3 versions since I wasn't sure what you were going for. :seuss:
Now grant me your eternal love

On another note if I actually knew what all of your avatars looked like I'd include them in anything I make in the future.
Yeah.
A reference of your FEA avatar will get you in a gif.
No other personas though, because this is the Robin forum! Tacticians only! :4robinm:

Well… I might make an exception towards a certain :4charizard:...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
It's not supposed to.

In the realm of impossible chances, Chrom is at least suited for clone.

inb4 Project C(hrom)

I know the PMBR isn't hacking the Wii U okay
That and

:seuss:
(Joking)

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Anyone ever manage to do a Robincide in a match before?
Yep, it's the most risky but rewarding thing you can do. Jump off to edgeguard your opponent if you have a stock lead, bait the airdodge, and Nosferatu your opponent far enough away from the edge so they can't recover.
Best way to make someone rage quit ever.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Go wild.
Also cleaned it up a little and made 3 versions since I wasn't sure what you were going for. :seuss:

On another note if I actually knew what all of your avatars looked like I'd include them in anything I make in the future.
Yeah.
No other personas though, because this is the Robin forum! Tacticians only! :4robinm:

*screaming internally*

this is boss

you're awesome :happysheep:

once I get the first one in my sig it's never leaving as my eternal love I owe you

you have my gratitude :4lucina:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yep, it's the most risky but rewarding thing you can do. Jump off to edgeguard your opponent if you have a stock lead, bait the airdodge, and Nosferatu your opponent far enough away from the edge so they can't recover.
Best way to make someone rage quit ever.
That sound hilariously funny and annoying.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
I managed to nosferatu somebody offstage! ...
Well I was offstage at least. My opponent was still on it. I fell hopelessly to my death after nosferatu ended. Does that still count?
well by the root definition of suicide, then YES!

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I've noticed something about myself when I play online that no matter what type of Smash I play (For Fun, or For Glory, Team Battle or Free for all) that whenever I enter a new room I always start off with Robin. There's some sense of pride within me that makes me want to challenge any other tactician that may be in that room. Usually I'll stay Robin for the next match in case someone would change to Robin in witnessing my tactician. I haven't had a whole lot of success in having Robin dittos/teams, but the one's I have had were lots of fun.

Some of my most memorable Robin ko's were from using broken tomes/Levin Swords now that I think about it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Admittedly, I think the box art thing had slightly more weight than the avatar thing. After all, we knew that IS helped choose Ike in Brawl, and generally box-art is a good way to promote characters. Incorrect regardless in retrospect, but it was definitely at least a plausible concern.

...Why wasn't Robin on the box, though? That would have been awesome...
That's understandable, but whether or not Robin appears on the box art has little to do with how significant he/she is to the game. That, and people used that to argue that Robin couldn't promote the game as well as Chrom as a playable character, which was really a terrible argument. They're both Awakening characters; their presence in Smash promotes the game regardless of which one appeared in more advertisements. I'd even argue Robin would promote the game better than Chrom, anyway.

Though it's a real shame that Robin's avatar status kept him/her out of the box art. At least it didn't keep him/her out of Smash.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

Go wild.

Yeah.

or
I can't decide who my "true" Tactician is because the former is my original and the one I put the most effort into so far but the latter I actually tried for better stats and resembles me more (except the lack of glasses). Either way, I like glasses Robin but I don't have the shop skills.

EDIT: I'd probably go with the first one since she's my strongest right now and was my first.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I think I might be the only one who would have preferred Magnus over the rest of the KIU cast for a playable spot.

"Too many swordsm-" This is not a sword, this is a ****ing claymore, argument invalid.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I think I might be the only one who would have preferred Magnus over the rest of the KIU cast for a playable spot.

"Too many swordsm-" I got a claymore, argument invalid.
Even as someone who has never played Uprising, I really like Magnus from what I've seen of him as an assist trophy.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

"Too many swordsm-" This is not a sword, this is a ****ing claymore, argument invalid.
The 'Too many swordsman' complaint is utter ******** anyway.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Magnus is a pretty cool character, but I feel that not too many people would even know what game he came from, where as Dark Pit would be pretty easy to notice. I'm not that upset that we got Dark Pit, I'm just more upset that he's more of a clone when they had so much equipment they could have substituted for his specials/neutral moves.

Or course there is the argument that Dark Pit is literally a clone of Pit, he still could have had some variety. But oh well for Magnus, maybe in Smash 5. (I do still need to finish KI:U)

Shaymikyu

Magnus is a pretty cool character, but I feel that not too many people would even know what game he came from, where as Dark Pit would be pretty easy to notice. I'm not that upset that we got Dark Pit, I'm just more upset that he's more of a clone when they had so much equipment they could have substituted for his specials/neutral moves.

Or course there is the argument that Dark Pit is literally a clone of Pit, he still could have had some variety. But oh well for Magnus, maybe in Smash 5. (I do still need to finish KI:U)
I'm going to be honest- until I got his trophy, I thought he was from Xenoblade.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Oh...oh my. So I found this on Pixiv.

..........:4dedede:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Magnus is cool, but I would take Viridi, Hades, Mesuda or Phosphora playable before him.

Shaymikyu

Oh...oh my. So I found this on Pixiv.

..........:4dedede:
Well, that's one way to try and make the ultimate vessel for Grima...
I saw this too when I was looking for another piece of art. First the Morgans, now this... What the heck, fandom.

I almost kind of wish he was recruitable for laughs, though. Imagine his supports with Morgan.
Validar: Excellent! I may have lost Robin, but it seems I have a second chance!
Morgan: Are you my grandpa?
Validar: He will make the perfect vessel for Grima! And he's so young and easy to manipulate...
Morgan: Um, what are you talking about? Is this part of the plan to save Mother from that fell dragon?
Validar: I may have faked redemption, but in reality, I'm a mole!
Morgan: ...I can hear every word you're saying. How did my amazing tactician of a mother come from you again?
Validar: ...She takes more after her mother.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, that's one way to try and make the ultimate vessel for Grima...
I saw this too when I was looking for another piece of art. First the Morgans, now this... What the heck, fandom.

I almost kind of wish he was recruitable for laughs, though. Imagine his supports with Morgan.
Validar: Excellent! I may have lost Robin, but it seems I have a second chance!
Morgan: Are you my grandpa?
Validar: He will make the perfect vessel for Grima! And he's so young and easy to manipulate...
Morgan: Um, what are you talking about? Is this part of the plan to save Mother from that fell dragon?
Validar: I may have faked redemption, but in reality, I'm a mole!
Morgan: ...I can hear every word you're saying. How did my amazing tactician of a mother come from you again?
Validar: ...She takes more after her mother.
Interesting. I quite like it. But let's not talk about incest anymore, okay? :4dedede:

So how about this other picture from Pixiv? IT'S SO CUTE I COULD JUST DIE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom