• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm curious to see how my Mii would look as Robin in Mario Kart 8.

Oh, right, and MAJORA'S MASK 3DS GET HYPE

Hong

The Strongest
Aside from the Mario Kart 8 DLC and Xenoblade Chronicles X, nothing of interest for me this time. :104:
Apparently Intelligent Systems played too much X-com :D
Well, Miyamoto is the one that entrusted them with this new IP, so it's probably him that's picked up the X-Com bug.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Personality question:

Where would Robin fall in the MBTI spectrum?

http://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

I'd say he leans somewhere in the INTJ/P range. :4robinm: shares a lot of the strengths of an INTJ (which Is why I relate to him so much), such as determination, a quick and strategic mind, and being a jack-of-all-trades, but has the weaknesses of an INTP, such as a lack of self confidence.

What do you all think?

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I have soon time in my hands so I could give this a shot, maybe through a one-shot, IDK. On Alt-FP!:4robinm:, I'd replace him as Female Mark from FE7. So we could have whole tactician family reunite.
That reminds me- if DLC alts become a thing, I'd love a Mark-inspired color scheme, if only to give F!Robin some green at last.
Personality question:

Where would Robin fall in the MBTI spectrum?

http://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

I'd say he leans somewhere in the INTJ/P range. :4robinm: shares a lot of the strengths of an INTJ (which Is why I relate to him so much), such as determination, a quick and strategic mind, and being a jack-of-all-trades, but has the weaknesses of an INTP, such as a lack of self confidence.

What do you all think?
Going off the brief descriptions there, I'd say INTJ. F!Robin feels a little different to me, but I don't know where I'd place her. Maybe on the more extroverted and energetic spectrum of INTJ or ENTJ.

Last edited:

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
Yeah, that is how I usually see customizable characters, but I was wondering if IS said something about both Robins being ~canon~. I usually don't care about canon and this kind of stuff, because at the of the day, it is all fiction and make believe anyways and I have other things to worry about (like people calling Duck Hunt "Duck Hunt Dog" haha... hahaha what I am doing with my life). I am just a bit saddened when there is a female protagonist in a game, but the developers ALWAYS pick the male one in future works or crossover (I am looking at you, Persona 3 movie). It is disheartening :(
In all fairness P3 started with the MaleMC.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Going off the brief descriptions there, I'd say INTJ, though my headcanon of F!Robin is probably more ENTJ.
Seeing that I'm an INTJ, that probably makes since. I've always liked characters that share my personality type, like Mewtwo and Robin (although Robin isn't a textbook INTJ, and Mewtwo is a turbulent INTJ)

Nobody can really fit into a box though.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Didn't they announce that it only works with these characters?

Sadly means no Robin, unless they announce that later.

However, they said that Hyrule Warriors will get some sort of material for every character from Smash as an Amiibo, so we could wonder what Robin would give from that. I expect them to fall on Lana the most.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

A hundred yeses.
He's clearly scratching his belly to make him kick his legs. That's what dogs do.

Though, knowing Sakurai's... History with these pictures...

Who knows.

By the way, did I miss much from the Direct thing? I had a midterm. Last time I missed one of these Mewtwo was announced and the internet exploded.

EDIT: Duck Hunt's trailer is cute.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
He's clearly scratching his belly to make him kick his legs. That's what dogs do.
As one who has had many animals under my watch, I can testify to this.

Though with the duck and Falco's expression...
By the way, did I miss much from the Direct thing? I had a midterm. Last time I missed one of these Mewtwo was announced and the internet exploded.
As far as new products go:

NES Remix Ultra for 3DS
Majora's Mask 3d
Persona Q-edition 3DS

Everything else was stuff for existing or known products IIRC. It's cool to see Mute City on Mario Kart 8, though.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm sure that's probably what was intended, and I think that's unbelievably adorable. :4duckhunt:

...But the execution of it is just a little questionable.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I still hold to my theory that:
- Majora's Mask DLC in Hyrule Warriors
- Majora's Mask 3DS announced
- Twilight Princess DLC in Hyrule Warriors
- Twilight Princess Wii U?

Please Aonuma...

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman

Oh, right, and MAJORA'S MASK 3DS GET HYPE
Basically my reaction when I found out about the game and saw the trailer

And that cover art

Wake me up when they announce a remake of a good Zelda game.
..... That's a little harsh, but I guess that's your opinion. I'm still excited for it no the less. Thou it did break the Half Life 3 curse, so you have to give it that

D

Deleted member

Wow. A lot of things happened here. Damn school work...
First, it's hard to really hate Captain Falcon. There aren't any irredeemable qualities with him and, as @ Hong Hong said before, he is absurd. He is a very hilarious character to watch just purely due to how Nintendo portrays him in games like Smash. Though, seeing the lack of content of F-Zero content in Smash outside of some stages and Falcon himself only makes me wish for an F-Zero revival.
Second, I have a preference for male Robin, purely because controlling male Robin makes me feel like I am controlling my character in Awakening... albeit I rather have my Robin's spouse rather than Chrom aiding me in the Final Smash. Eh. I will say that female Robin has the better lines and overall better delivery of her lines. I honestly like her delivery for "A good tactician has nothing to fear." and, everyone's favorite, "How can you protect Chrom if you can't protect yourself."

As for the Direct... I am only really hyped by Majora's Mask 3D, Mario Kart 8, Smash Wii U, and Xenoblade Chronicles: X.
I mean, I wasn't immensely hyped for Majora's Mask 3D since it was only about time, but I am still excited to play it. I just hope that they add in some new features and masks. Maybe a way to play as adult Link would be nice?
Mario Kart 8 has some amazing DLC! I lost it when I saw the Hands-On Hall course, the Zelda course, and Mute City! Oh! And the beautiful jazz renditions of Mute City and the Zelda Overworld theme! YES! YES! YES!
Smash is Smash. Nuff said. Still, Duck Hunt had a better trailer than I expected.
I just want to learn more about Xenoblade Chronicles: X. Some gameplay is cool, but I need to see more.
I guess I can give a nod to Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker since the game looks fun, but it's not a "must buy" for me. That trailer was incredible, however.

I suppose info on SMT x FE will get its chance... another day.

Hong

The Strongest
Xenoblade Chronicles X actually looks really weird and something about the setting is kind of dumb.

Which is all the more reason why I have an increased interest in it (as if I was not already hungry for more after the original). I know their design team is exceptional, so to make such bold choices as to have a player-made character hopping over fences in New Los Angeles was a meaningful decision, and I look forward to dissecting everything the product entails. Plus mechs! That was fun in Xenogears.

Seriously. Not to sound arrogant, but as a game developer, Xenoblade Chronicles felt like the first learning experience in a loooooong time. A lot of games these days stand testament to a whole lot of things not to do. The story-telling and flow in Xenoblade Chronicles in particular is exceptional, and I'm trying desperately to get everyone on my team to play the damned game for their own good.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I really want to play Xenoblade Chronicles...
But I also see no reason to not wait and see if the New 3DS port is going to be released outside Japan and simply get that if it does. May as well take advantage of a cheaper, easier to find version of Xenoblade for a system I already plan on buying. And with a whole bunch'a games I want coming out before the US release of the New 3DS, I'll be nice and occupied until then.
It's nice that I'll (hopefully) be playing on the New 3DS XL, so I think it'll be a bit more immersive than on a regular New 3DS.

Shaymikyu

I want to play the first Xenoblade game before I even think about looking into any future installments.:sadeyes:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Xenoblade Chronicles X actually looks really weird and something about the setting is kind of dumb.

Which is all the more reason why I have an increased interest in it (as if I was not already hungry for more after the original). I know their design team is exceptional, so to make such bold choices as to have a player-made character hopping over fences in New Los Angeles was a meaningful decision, and I look forward to dissecting everything the product entails. Plus mechs! That was fun in Xenogears.

Seriously. Not to sound arrogant, but as a game developer, Xenoblade Chronicles felt like the first learning experience in a loooooong time. A lot of games these days stand testament to a whole lot of things not to do. The story-telling and flow in Xenoblade Chronicles in particular is exceptional, and I'm trying desperately to get everyone on my team to play the damned game for their own good.
I just watch the Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer from e3 (I think) and all I got from it was they all speak Japeness. Seriously, I have no idea what's going one. Thou that might be because I'm yet to play any of the Xenoblade games, so I don't know the story as of yet. I am think about pick up the one Shulk's in, just to understand the character and game better, what do you think Hong?

But I also see no reason to not wait and see if the New 3DS port is going to be released outside Japan and simply get that if it does. May as well take advantage of a cheaper, easier to find version of Xenoblade for a system I already plan on buying. And with a whole bunch'a games I want coming out before the US release of the New 3DS, I'll be nice and occupied until then.
It's nice that I'll (hopefully) be playing on the New 3DS XL, so I think it'll be a bit more immersive than on a regular New 3DS.
God, I hope that they Xenoblade port that is coming to the New 3ds is release world wide and not just Japan. I' planning to get a New 3ds too, but I can't decide which one, New 3ds or New 3ds XL. Custom 3ds or Bigger 3ds.
hm, so many choices, I can't decide....

Hong

The Strongest
If you plan to get a New 3DS, then yeah, you should just wait.
I just watch the Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer from e3 (I think) and all I got from it was they all speak Japeness. Seriously, I have no idea what's going one. Thou that might be because I'm yet to play any of the Xenoblade games, so I don't know the story as of yet. I am think about pick up the one Shulk's in, just to understand the character and game better, what do you think Hong?
They were speaking Japanese because the promotional material hasn't been localized. I would be surprised if they have even figured out who will be doing localization this time, period. Last time the NA version had EU's English localization, which was pretty awesome.

If you are a gamer who likes a good story, you should get Xenoblade Chronicles. Any price under $70 is honestly worth taking. If you do all the quests and stuff, you'll get about a hundred hours of value. With the first game, you can have a pretty good guarantee it will be good since a lot of us could testify for its qualities. If you like it, and the reviews for the sequel come out nicely, then you can pick that up later as well. We're likely to see it late 2015 overseas if it's as dialogue-heavy as the last.
Captain Falcon encountered a wild Jigglypuff, obviously.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My screen on my 3DS broke when I dropped my phone on it, and it caused the interface to have a black gash on the left side of the screen, so I'm due for another 3DS.

Good as time as any to start setting some aside for a New 3DS, I suppose.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
If you are a gamer who likes a good story, you should get Xenoblade Chronicles. Any price under $70 is honestly worth taking. If you do all the quests and stuff, you'll get about a hundred hours of value. With the first game, you can have a pretty good guarantee it will be good since a lot of us could testify for its qualities. If you like it, and the reviews for the sequel come out nicely, then you can pick that up later as well. We're likely to see it late 2015 overseas if it's as dialogue-heavy as the last.
So wait, Xenoblade Chronicles is the first one and the one with Shulk in it, right? If that's the case and hear what you said, I am now very interested in getting the game.

D

Deleted member

So wait, Xenoblade Chronicles is the first one and the one with Shulk in it, right? If that's the case and hear what you said, I am now very interested in getting the game.
Xenoblade Chronicles is the first game and the game that features Shulk as the main protagonist.
This game gets my highest recommendation; you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't experience Xenoblade. It's a fantastic game and a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Playing it through skyrocketed Shulk as my most wanted newcomer, after all.
Try to find a copy for cheap since the game can sell for hefty prices. It's still worth all of the money, though.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Xenoblade Chronicles is the first game and the game that features Shulk as the main protagonist.
This game gets my highest recommendation; you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't experience Xenoblade. It's a fantastic game and a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Playing it through skyrocketed Shulk as my most wanted newcomer, after all.
Try to find a copy for cheap since the game can sell for hefty prices. It's still worth all of the money, though.
That's it then. I getting this game. Now I just need to get a job :ohwell:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure you have a kidney you don't need.:4drmario:

Actually Hong, I have a question

I'm trying to join Club Nintendo so I can get the SSB4 CD but I have a problem

I original went to this website to join http://club.nintendo.com.au/NOE/en_AU/club_nintendo/join_the_club/index_register-0b-productcode.jsp

but then after going to the website with the 3 smash posters, I found this registration sign up thing
https://club.nintendo.com/registration.do;jsessionid=B141AA6FD23E3A860A044303A1135C6D

So what I'm trying to ask is, which one is the website to sign up to Club nintendo, I really confused.

Hong

The Strongest
1. Go to club.nintendo.com
2. Click "Sign Up" to sign up.
3. Fill it in as you go.

Whenever you leave the site and come back, click the "Member Sign In" link below that, or else the site won't work. The website may ask you to enter in your login information again whenever you make purchases.

The links you sent me won't show anything for me because they are reliant on client-side information that is specific to you.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Pretty sure you have a kidney you don't need.:4drmario:
you can only have so many kidneys :4robinm:?
Asides from MM3D, there wasn't much for me to get excited over during this direct. I am curious about the commander video trophy though, it's interesting an indie game got some sort of representation through Smash Bros, maybe we'll see some more 3rd party stuff this way?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I think, right now, Marth is better. Buffed up tippers are no joke.

It's really close though.

Also the only complaint I have about Xenoblade is that by the near end of the game everything just kinda slows to a crawl. You hardly wrack up Skill Points, and there's a looooooooooooad of quests to complete that require your team to be at higher levels than many of the enemies in the final story-required area to even complete. If they had extended the story to make going to these places a point, then I wouldn't be complaining, but as it stands, it's a big stain.

I got to the point of no return about 10 days ago. Since then I've been doing all these quests and trying to get everyone's skills unlocked. It's a chore. If you're not the completionist type, then this won't be an issue, but if you are, like me.....meh.

Also SCREW ANCIENT DAEDALA. GOD.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Hey, guys! I was using Robin as a secondary/pocket character for a while and decided to make her a main since I'm predicting that she'll be able to counter Mewtwo's unfavorable MUs when he releases, since he'll be my top main. Overall I really like the way she plays and I'm currently improving my game with her.

(btw, sorry if you're offended by me calling Robin a "her", I'm just used to the female version though I do play the male too sometimes)

I really like the pink alt for the female, or the red/white one for the male. The latter reminds me a lot of my favorite Wolf alt in Brawl! Anyways, I just picked up FE Awakening a few days ago since I figured I should do my new main some justice. I'm absolutely loving it so far and I've made it to Chapter 20 so far. Though I figured I'd enjoy it since I love strategy games like Heroes of Might and Magic. I chose the female Robin and made her hair pink like my Smash main.

But yeah, just figured I'd start posting here for a change since I'm mostly active in the Mewtwo social.

Hong

The Strongest
I can't think of an indie game that should get anything before Cave Story does.

Top Bottom