• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IronFish

Smash Ace
Since when did "Red Oni, Blue Oni" and/or "Bash Brothers" even affect if something is canon? I don't think any Robin is canon, but I sure as hell prefer female Robin. I also think female Robin would contrast the other Fire Emblem characters even more on the character select screen.
I think they would show both honestly.

Hong

The Strongest
It would be a missed opportunity. You get that much more novelty out of the opportunity, given the other two Fire Emblem characters we have had thus far.

I am definitely in the default female camp. And yeah, I actually think it does matter.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
First off I want to say there is no way in hell at this point that Robin is going to get in as a single gender. The male and female options for Robin are too widely know and with villager and the wii fit trainers, there is no scenario where Robin is going to make an appearance with a single gender.

But if we're going to discuss gender preference I chose male for two main reasons. One, I'm not a fan of the Chrom and Robin romance. Most people end up marrying their female avatars off to chrom, and that puts a weird accent on the story. Rather than it being a story about brothers in arms and best friends fighting through their struggles, it's husband and wife... I'd prefer them be friends but male robin is the only way that implication is eliminated entirely. The second reason is actually wrong but it's an outlook I've acquired anyway. As you can see in the OP, I found a lot of pictures and to find them, I've sifted through a lot of conversations and image searches. A lot of which had a lot of shipping, mostly of (fe)MU. This gave me the impression that the female version is a romantic first and a tactician second. Which is a shame. Robin's character is entirely based off being a tactician and that is what I believe robin should be seen as.

Hong

The Strongest
Can you blame me. ;~;

Every time I say I am going to marry Robin off to one of the SpotPass characters. Every single time.

But Chrobin is such an irresistible couple.( 〞▽ 〝) With either gender, mind you.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Can you blame me. ;~;

Every time I say I am going to marry Robin off to one of the SpotPass characters. Every single time.

But Chrobin is such an irresistible couple.( 〞▽ 〝) With either gender, mind you.
I personaly think the only justification for Chrobin is how OP Lucina and Morgan become ChromXSumia all the way

IronFish

Smash Ace
I bet you would like to change the past, but you can't. You got to accept things as they are and learn to move on.

It's okay. I'm here for you.
If Lucina had that attitude, Robin would be an evil dragon god/des

I can agree that Male Robin is just less detracting from the plot as a whole. Of the two I find to just be more tactical (tactical enough to make sure he wouldn't be seen in the bath tent, or to walk in on other people)

Last edited:

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Oh gods here comes the shipping war, now I go back to silently watching from the shadows like I have for the last few months. (Honestly I'm fine with either gender as default. Although I'll admit I didn't really like Chrom x Robin that much.)

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
When it comes to Fire Emblem's last representatives, it's going to be either Chrom or Robin. I'm hoping for Robin because of the fact that he's not a blue-haired swordsman and will add more diversity to the roster.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I bet before we see the last Smash 4 character is revealed, Sakurai reads all the topics in this forum just so he knows how he can best troll people.

I expect the "second awakening/meeting" cutscene, with the twist that Kirby is under the robes and an entirely different character is announced.
Though I have to wonder weither we'll get another surprise 3rd party character like in Brawl or if Sakurai just makes Snake plop up at the last second again.
Extra points if it's two Snakes and they both say "Kept ya waiting, huh?" one with Hayter's and the other one with Sutherland's voice

As for what gender Robin should be deault on character select: I really don't care as long as we can pick either.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
When it comes to Fire Emblem's last representatives, it's going to be either Chrom or Robin. I'm hoping for Robin because of the fact that he's not a blue-haired swordsman and will add more diversity to the roster.
well, you can make him/her a blue haired swordsman you know... thats the magic of Robin :v

Hong

The Strongest
Oh gods here comes the shipping war, now I go back to silently watching from the shadows like I have for the last few months. (Honestly I'm fine with either gender as default. Although I'll admit I didn't really like Chrom x Robin that much.)
It's not going that way, don't worry. I don't really care about it as much as I joke about.

In actuality, I don't like the S support and marriage system in Awakening at all, though with how well simulated love does in Japan, I'm not surprised they did this to Fire Emblem. The confessions are honestly creepy more than they are cute or emotionally engaging.

I never want to hear Chrom say something like that again. >.>

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Generally, I can understand why people don't want Chrobin or whatever, but I would much prefer Chrom as part of a tag team with Robin. It's a good way to make the character unique, although I guess a sword and tome user is pretty unique already. As for Robin, he could be really be any size, which is a problem, as it creates a selective biase towards smaller sizes. It would be more balanced if Chrom was treated as the hitbox. But that's just my opinion.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Generally, I can understand why people don't want Chrobin or whatever, but I would much prefer Chrom as part of a tag team with Robin. It's a good way to make the character unique, although I guess a sword and tome user is pretty unique already. As for Robin, he could be really be any size, which is a problem, as it creates a selective biase towards smaller sizes. It would be more balanced if Chrom was treated as the hitbox. But that's just my opinion.
I think they are too different to be done in a tag team like that, if there were to be a tag team, I think it would be Chrom/Lucina

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
If we see the "Second Meeting" cutscene from Awakening, only with Robin opening her eyes to Ike and Marth, I... I'll... I'll just
You mentioned this before but with Mario and Pit (or some other weird combo), the idea is growing on me I must say. It may be too niche for Sakurai to use, but who knows?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You know, with all the attention that (not very convincing) "leaked" roster is getting, it's nice to know that it looks like there is a third Fire Emblem character on there, and it doesn't specify who.

There's just that Gematsu leak in the way, though...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
You know, with all the attention that (not very convincing) "leaked" roster is getting, it's nice to know that it looks like there is a third Fire Emblem character on there, and it doesn't specify who.

I wouldn't buy into either of those. Sakurai is the end all source for info.

IronFish

Smash Ace

That was debunked. X/Y Pokemon? Seriously? We don't even know if it's the same leaker as before.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That was debunked. X/Y Pokemon? Seriously? We don't even know if it's the same leaker as before.
I don't believe it has been debunked, and from what I've heard, there are explanations saying that the leaker got his information at a point where the "Pokemon from X and Y" was still undecided. With that said, though, I'm not totally convinced that leak is real (for reasons too long and complicated to explai pn here), particularly the second half, which hasn't really proven itself like the first one has. I guess that's a good thing for Robin, though. We just have to hope for the best, I suppose.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Take into account that Smash 4's development started right after Kid Icarus: Uprising and Sakurai has stated that one of the first things to be finalized is the roster.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Take into account that Smash 4's development started right after Kid Icarus: Uprising and Sakurai has stated that one of the first things to be finalized is the roster.
Are you referring to the "Pokemon from X and Y" thing we're discussing?

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
At this point, I'm hoping that the Sal leak is like the Pokebeach leak where the leaker definitely has a source, some stuff is right, but some wrong.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
At this point, I'm hoping that the Sal leak is like the Pokebeach leak where the leaker definitely has a source, some stuff is right, but some wrong.
I think it's within the realm of possibility that the "leaker" got his information from E3 rather than the game itself, which would be enough to get the first three reveals right. Anything after that is still somewhat questionable.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think it's within the realm of possibility that the "leaker" got his information from E3 rather than the game itself, which would be enough to get the first three reveals right. Anything after that is still somewhat questionable.
I don't believe any of it, but even if his first leak was legitimate there's no reason Sal's second has to be. He could easily be capitalizing on his first leak's success. Notice how the second time he posted it as an article to draw attention to his website and last time it was just a forum post.

Nevertheless, Ike's reveal renews my hope for Robin (or anyone who isn't Chrom).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't believe any of it, but even if his first leak was legitimate there's no reason Sal's second has to be. He could easily be capitalizing on his first leak's success. Notice how the second time he posted it as an article to draw attention to his website and last time it was just a forum post.

Nevertheless, Ike's reveal renews my hope for Robin (or anyone who isn't Chrom).
Exactly. Unlike the first half of the leak, the second half (the one that has Chrom in it) has no proof of its legitimacy yet, outside of apparently coming from the same person and correctly guessing that a Pokemon from X and Y (aka, any Pokemon newcomer) would be in, which is certainly not comparable to getting Wii Fit Trainer right (not to mention the fact that the leak came in two separate parts at all is very strange). After all, once you get something like Wii Fit Trainer right, even if you just guessed or only had a little inside information, everyone will treat anything you say like an absolute truth. Which is exactly what's happening.

Personally, I'm suspicious of the leak as a whole, but I'm very suspicious of that second half.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Anyway, to get this back on track, how glorious do y'all think Robin would look in HD? (Both sexes.)

I for one, think Robin would look great especially with all that detail on Robin's robes.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Anyway, to get this back on track, how glorious do y'all think Robin would look in HD? (Both sexes.)

I for one, think Robin would look great especially with all that detail on Robin's robes.
I think s/he'd look very good in HD. I'd especially like to see how they animate his/her cloak; if done right, that sort of thing could look very cool.

I'd also really like to see what kind of HD alternate costumes Robin would have. After seeing what they did with the Villager, having a ton of different appearances for Robin could add a lot of great looking diversity into the game.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think s/he'd look very good in HD. I'd especially like to see how they animate his/her cloak; if done right, that sort of thing could look very cool.

I'd also really like to see what kind of HD alternate costumes Robin would have. After seeing what they did with the Villager, having a ton of different appearances for Robin could add a lot of great looking diversity into the game.
Yeah, Villager's alt costume are stylized like Animal Crossing and are very simple because of that. Specifically in terms of various Villagers' hairstyles which seem very plastic and not like real hair at all, it would be interesting to see Robin's alt costumes with varying realistic hairstyles.

As for alternate outfits, Robin could also get the Grandmaster costume. Which would be rather stunning in HD.

Hong

The Strongest
Hmm? Both sexes? Do you know something we don't? Will one Robin be HD, and the other the footless render of Robin directly ripped from Awakening?

Don't hold anything back on us! Spill!

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Hmm? Both sexes? Do you know something we don't? Will one Robin be HD, and the other the footless render of Robin directly ripped from Awakening?

Don't hold anything back on us! Spill!
Yep. The 3DS version gets the footless rip (males) and the Wii U gets a full HD version (female).

I know this because my cat is dating Sakurai's cat.

Hong

The Strongest
I know this because my cat is dating Sakurai's cat.

Really, though. we actually never got to appreciate the intricacies of Robin's attire in Awakening. The in-game model does not do the concept art of the character justice. More than that, I am eager to see what hair style(s) are chosen.

Also voices. Interesting to see which they choose for that... Probably the one associated with the default.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I knew I'd find this thread on the front page. :laugh: I made this post in the social thread:

Looking over post from the past 3 days right now... Robin has had a MAJOR jump in popularity since Ike's reveal. I can't believe so many people had it out for our man Ike. :(

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I knew I'd find this thread on the front page. :laugh: I made this post in the social thread:
It does seem like Robin is getting more attention as of late. Probably due to fact that Chrom will NOT be replacing Ike, and Robin offers much more potential as a third Fire Emblem character. Not to mention that there seems to be more evidence in game that favors Robin over Chrom.

Top Bottom