• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
From looking at the famitsu scans of Robin it looks like This move is a command grab and it looks like it has amazing range, also its broken if it can command grab in the air like bowser and wario can, plus its disjointed..............wtf

dezeray112

Smash Hero
In the game when you use nosferatu it deals damage to the enemy and heals the person using it. In the video, when Robin uses nosferatu it has green circles going around him. Do you think nosferatu will heal Robin's percentage?
Well as everyone pointed out above, Nosferatu is a dark tome which can take hit points from enemies and use it to heal the person. I do think it will heal Robin's percentage but is there a limit to this is what I'm curious about.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think Nosferatu is going to be as broken as people think. My guess is its going to be very slow to start up and will break EASY. It may potentially have a slow recovery from the attack, as well, so Robin is vulnerable after the attack ends.

D

Deleted member

Probably by NoA's intent. They want to give the illusion that a kid isn't getting married and stuff.
But what about Ricken?

He's like, actually 12.

I mean just look at this:

• Ricken: Hey, Avatar. Thanks again for your help with that letter home. I kinda got you something by way of thanks, so...here.
  • Avatar: Aw, how sweet! A letter for me! Whoa, this is one heavy envelope...What'd you put in here?
  • Ricken: Open it and you'll see.
  • Avatar: Rrrrrr...Graaagh...Gods above, how much glue did you use here? Got it! ...Oh, look at that shiny stone. Ricken, it's beautiful.
  • Ricken: It's a precious stone found only on the slopes of the Ghoul's Teeth.
  • Avatar: Gods, Ricken! You went to that fearsome place all alone? Its crags are filled with bandits and wild beasts of every stripe! Were you hurt? Don't lie to me now!
  • Ricken: Would you PLEASE stop treating me like a child?!
  • Avatar: ...Oh...right. I'm sorry.
  • Ricken: I'm not a boy, Avatar. I'm a grown man. And I need you to believe me when I say that.
  • Avatar: But why, Ricken? Why is it so important what I think?
  • Ricken: Because...I'm in love with you. I don't want to be your kid or your little brother—I want to be your husband. So if I put this stone on a ring and offered it to you, would you accept?
  • Avatar: ...Oh, Ricken. I know you're not a child anymore... I know because I've watched you grow in to a remarkable young man. Just as I've watched you grow in my heart... So yes Ricken. Yes. Nothing would make me happier than to become your wife.
  • Ricken: R-really! Do you mean it?!
  • Avatar: But no more taking ridiculous risks! I'll not have my husband cracking his head open just to prove a point. You hear me, young man?
  • Ricken: Of course I...HEY!
  • Ricken: I wish I could throw my arms around you and never let go! ...Just...wait for me to get a little taller...Okay?

He hasn't even gotten to puberty yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Please understand life expectancy in centuries long past was like 20. If you weren't having kids by 12 you must've been infertile or something, yo.
So does that mean that Gregor and Basilio are super humans?

They're at least 40, hell, I think Gregor is closing in on 60.

:p

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
They don't call Chrom "Nintendo's Yamcha" for nothing :p
They do? Or you just trying to start something? :4robinm:

EDIT: Also I just realized something.

+
=

DUNN DUNN DUUUUUUNN!

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So does that mean that Gregor and Basilio are super humans?

They're at least 40, hell, I think Gregor is closing in on 60.

:p
Well, just luckily averted death by disease, malnutrition, warfare or by God's will I guess.
Men are also lucky to not have to deal with child birth.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Please understand life expectancy in centuries long past was like 20. If you weren't having kids by 12 you must've been infertile or something, yo.
Well, just luckily averted death by disease, malnutrition, warfare or by God's will I guess.
Men are also lucky to not have to deal with child birth.
With any universe that has magical healing, I'd think people can live for as long as we do, especially if you can literally get a restorative elixir over-the-counter. Hell, "Recover" from other games can resolve any ailment! Of course, the game designer will never explain how something like staves work, but it's enough for me to believe folks can live for longer than we could at a similar era of technology.
They do? Or you just trying to start something? :4robinm:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If beast Laguz can live for at least 100 years without the technical expertise to utilize staves, the humans should be fine.

And that's not even getting to how the **** Lehran can live for 2000 years and still keep kicking.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I liked Celica's Awakening appearance. :/

Well, at least her face.

Besides, anything other than

Is a step up.

She should have looked like her manga counterpart though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Staves are like "science and medicine"
it existed,
only the aristocrats got it,
it involved a lot of poisoning so they were scared to rely on it, so they died anyway.
All those villages you visit are all the people not getting Obamacare first world medical welfare through magix.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Speaking of which, even just on a visual level Robin is far superior to either of the Awakening leads. I think visual and thematic variety is hugely important to the roster, which is why I like characters like Wii Fit Trainer and Toon Link who stand out from the others. With Fire Emblem, you're always going to get humanoid anime characters, but at least Robin has a nice contrast from Marth and Ike just based on appearances.
True that. It's also why those of us who have played Awakening knew who it was as soon as we saw the hood, instead of just stumbling through the reveal with "who's Robin"? I have a good friend who works at Gamestop, and was working during the reveal, so she missed the vid and just got the company email about it. She had no clue who Robin was. Then I stopped by and showed her the vid. As soon as she saw the hood, her face lit up. "Oh, so that's... AWESOME, YAY!" She knew the Avatar and costume instantly, even though she didn't know the name.

This is true. It bothers me that the majority of people who want Roy haven't even played his game, or even Fire Emblem for that matter. There are some legit diehard Roy fans, though. I'll admit I don't actually mind him in his own game, performance aside.
I have a simple rule. If I hear someone pronounce his name "Chrome", I can immediately discount their opinion of who the game's rep should have been.

I forgot about Katarina. She is simply magnificent. I hope that becomes an alt costume for Robin, since it's just hair and colour.
What about Palla and Catria? They're both sweet as well, even if I think Est is a little too goofy.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't think Nosferatu is going to be as broken as people think. My guess is its going to be very slow to start up and will break EASY. It may potentially have a slow recovery from the attack, as well, so Robin is vulnerable after the attack ends.
I kind of disagree, just because I think that would be a little crippling to the move as a whole. I think the move is going to be fairly powerful, probably to help balance out the constant shifts in Robin's power as he loses his weapons and tomes over time. I just don't think the healing is really going to be noticeable unless you use it a LOT over the course of a match.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
True that. It's also why those of us who have played Awakening knew who it was as soon as we saw the hood, instead of just stumbling through the reveal with "who's Robin"? I have a good friend who works at Gamestop, and was working during the reveal, so she missed the vid and just got the company email about it. She had no clue who Robin was. Then I stopped by and showed her the vid. As soon as she saw the hood, her face lit up. "Oh, so that's... AWESOME, YAY!" She knew the Avatar and costume instantly, even though she didn't know the name.
I haven't played Awakening and I know who Robin is. :p Of course, as a major Fire Emblem fan I naturally read up on the latest game I couldn't get because I don't have the console.

I have a simple rule. If I hear someone pronounce his name "Chrome", I can immediately discount their opinion of who the game's rep should have been.
Ugh I hate that. I prefer Chrob. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Being intentionally vulnerable after the attack ends to due to end lag kinda runs counterintuitive to the whole healing aspect of it, wouldn't it? It would just be a glorified buffer against an attack if that was the case.

It'll likely have slow startup, and the snake-like projectile Famitsu described will be slow-moving as well. It'll eat spotdodges right up though, given the time it took Robin to snare Palutena from the moment of startup.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry, its just, the way it sounds right now it does sound kinda op; both a stun and heals at the same time. There's got to be some sort of drawback, maybe it just doesn't last very long?

EDIT: And is hard to hit accurately, of course.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
IMO if Ness returns anything like he was in the past 3 games, I'm going to imagine the Robin MU will be abysmal for the same reason as the Marth MU. Ness has bad enough reach as it is, Thankfully Robin's pokes are a little on the laggy side.
dual Robin Icon:
Look at how long it is. :)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Sorry, its just, the way it sounds right now it does sound kinda op; both a stun and heals at the same time. There's got to be some sort of drawback, maybe it just doesn't last very long?

EDIT: And is hard to hit accurately, of course.
As you haven't played Awakening, IIRC, let me share something with you: Dark Magic IS overpowered. That's why only Dark Mages can use it. In addition to raw damage, each spell has an extra, powerful effect. Some attack twice, some drain health, some have huge range, or huge crit rate.

This was different when we had the Trinity of Magic, as Dark Magic was just a balanced aspect of magic users. But in Awakening, it's OP, intentionally.

I think the healing and damage are going to balance out fine. In game, it heals 50% of damage done, rounded down. If we assume it does 10% damage, an extra 5% boost per attack, especially since it breaks the more you use it, isn't going to be game breaking.

Hong

The Strongest
It could be basically a tether command grab. Just like if you miss with Samus or Link's grab, it's immensely punishable.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
IMO if Ness returns anything like he was in the past 3 games, I'm going to imagine the Robin MU will be abysmal for the same reason as the Marth MU. Ness has bad enough reach as it is, Thankfully Robin's pokes are a little on the laggy side.
Sorry for the stupid question, but what does MU stand for? At first my mind went to MyUnit, but that doesn't make much sense in this context :D

Speaking of context:
Hong said:
Look at how long it is. :)
How deliciously evil it would be to take this out of context :ganondorf:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
They (or at least Ness) will be riding Ridley when he is revealed.

I am not the one who did the comic, I am just posting it. :p
It's okay. The comic cracked me up. I mained Ness and Kirby in Brawl, so I really want to see him return.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I disliked this broken weapon mechanic. It's like Pokemon Trainer's stamina but even worse since you can not change the pokemon...
Anyway, I'll probably main him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think it will basically be a special grab but with normal range like Koopa Claw.

When an opponent is caught, Robin can deal damage multiple times, until the opponent breaks out or the tome breaks.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How many of you, if any, are planning on getting the 3DS version? Of those getting the 3DS version, are any of you going to be getting it on day 1?
I'm not sure about Day 1, because of my location. But I'm definitely getting the 3DS version.

As for my favourite classes,
1. The myrmidon -> swordmaster -> trueblade line.
2. The archer -> sniper -> marksman line
3. The soldier -> halberdier -> sentinel line (All thanks to Nephenee here.)
4. Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight -> Seraph Knight.

Last edited:

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
I disliked this broken weapon mechanic. It's like Pokemon Trainer's stamina but even worse since you can not change the pokemon...
Anyway, I'll probably main him.
Well, Sakurai specifically says a "short time" regarding how long the tomes and Levin Sword are gone for so I'm less worried than I was before. I just hope they don't make the bronze sword TOO weak, cause that thing's already tiny as hell.

Last edited:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Well, Sakurai specifically says a "short time" regarding how long the tomes and Levin Sword are gone for so I'm less worried than I was before. I just hope they don't make the bronze sword TOO weak, cause that thing's already tiny as hell.
Even if it is pretty weak, it should still give her a disjointed hitbox to throw around, which is more than a lot of the short range brawler cast can claim.

Top Bottom