• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't know how hard Uni's are, but from personal experience college is definitely no walk in the park.

Yeah, you could also say I'm riding on :4cloud2: Nine!
Yeah, though we do have Uni's and Colleges here, soooo, eh, both are hard

Strife 9? Never heard that saying :upsidedown:

:135:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Oh my god the grass owl is so cute <3
I also really like both the legendaries: the lion is extremely beautiful and reminds me of Caineghis lol, and the bat reminds me of Noivern, it's very particular and singular.

Also, customizable avatars are back! :4corrin::4robinm:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
It's here.
HYESSSS! :4falcon:

Okay, I'm officially going with Sun, I need my Liger Zero legendary! As for a starter, I'm torn between Rowlet with his adorable little leaf bowtie, and Popplio being a sea lion, one of my favorite animals. Decisions, decisions.

Also holy crap how are fanartists so damn fast?!

Last edited:

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
HYESSSS! :4falcon:

Okay, I'm officially going with Sun, I need my Liger Zero legendary! As for a starter, I'm torn between Rowlet with his adorable little leaf bowtie, and Popplio being a sea lion, one of my favorite animals. Decisions, decisions.

Also holy crap how are fanartists so damn fast?!

I have a friend who woke up early today just so he could draw fanart.

So who's is repping Litten here as well
I have a friend who loves cats and always goes with fire elements in games and he's ecstatic about Litten. Flaming hairballs ftw I guess.

As far as starters go, I have no idea who I'm going to get! I think I'm going to get Popplio even though I like Rowlet's design the most. I'm confident he'll become super cool later!

I'm going to try and get my two artist friends to draw semi-serious designs for all of the final evos. I'll post them here if I ever get them to do it!

Edit: oops I accidentally attached a file, how did that happen? Weird. Might as well leave it. :p

Attachments

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I can't believe the internet is already full of Sun and Moon memes.
I'm not surprised at all. The internet works VERY fast.

Also, your post is censor dodging, so you should remove the Twitter post.

Edit - Since there hasn't been nearly enough love for the Sun and Moon legendaries, have some gorgeous fanart!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Thoughts on Sun Legendary:
\[T]/ \[T]/ \[T]/ \[T]/ \[T]/
Would engage in Jolly Co-operation with it. Moon Legendary is alright too.

Gonna wait and see with the starters. They all look good so I'll see what their evolutions are like.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really interested in Pokémon, but it does demonstrate that Nintendo is capable of a simultaneous worldwide release if they put their heart to it.

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 00.46.38.png

wait a minute...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Definitely Rowlet. I've always been a huge Grass fan starter type, but a number of them have just been sort of... eh looking. But this guy... his so adorable

Though Poppoli..... the internet is right that his design is a bit..... dopy.... but I will reserve judgment until we see the rest of his evolution. Same for the others.

Though something I notice I was wonder if you guys could help with.

Is it me or are the animations 3D? I mean, not the same 3D from the past games. I mean like 3D as in the were straight from a cutscene rather than a different model?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Poppoli looks a bit too clownish for my tastes, so I'm leaning more towards Litten (with the hopes that it might turn into a sabertooth cat sometime down the line). But we'll see.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Yes, you're right, I've added a spoiler tag to the original post.
Sorry, it wasn't my intention :ohwell:

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
So my friends in my Facebook group chat are going completely nuts over the new Pokemon starters and one of them posted a screencap of this really cute Rowlett fanart he found on Tumblr. I just have to share it here because ahhhhhh~~

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I can totally see Litten turning into a flaming tiger. I don't think we have a tiger yet.
Raikou is a saber-toothed tiger for what it's worth, but yeah I don't believe we've had anything close to a non-extinct tiger species.

Edit: You know, all these posts putting Rowlet in top hats are really reminding me of Nechku and Lechku from Okami.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Yaki Yaki and I agreed that this caterpillar will be the early bug type you can get in Alola.
"Thanks, Hawaii!" - Yaki

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
For some reason, i keep seeing Rowlett evolving into something with classes and a bowtie. Like a librarian owl.

Rowlet is a classy little guy, so I could definitely see that. But I also really like the circus ringmaster interpretation for Rowlet, to complement Popplio's clown seal/sea lion performer.
Raikou is a saber-toothed tiger for what it's worth, but yeah I don't believe we've had anything close to a non-extinct tiger species.

Edit: You know, all these posts putting Rowlet in top hats are really reminding me of Nechku and Lechku from Okami.
Dude, holy crap I didn't even think of Nechku and Lechku but I totally see the resemblance now! Shout outs to one of the best games of all time. Now I'm really feeling the urge to go play Okami again!
Arcanine is a dog though, as its name indicates.
But also...

"Arcanine is based on the Ryukyuan シーサー shisa, or 狛犬 komainu, mythical creatures inspired by lions, tigers, and dogs. Statues of them in pairs are used as guardians that invite good spirits and repel evil ones. It could also be based on the Haetae, a mythical fire-eating dog with similarities to lions and tigers."
Yaki Yaki and I agreed that this caterpillar will be the early bug type you can get in Alola.
"Thanks, Hawaii!" - Yaki

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Rowlet is a classy little guy, so I could definitely see that. But I also really like the circus ringmaster interpretation for Rowlet, to complement Popplio's clown seal/sea lion performer.
True true, but then what would that make Litten?

But also...

"Arcanine is based on the Ryukyuan シーサー shisa, or 狛犬 komainu, mythical creatures inspired by lions, tigers, and dogs. Statues of them in pairs are used as guardians that invite good spirits and repel evil ones. It could also be based on the Haetae, a mythical fire-eating dog with similarities to lions and tigers."
Wait, I was sort of right?

Top Bottom