• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Nauseous sounds better to me as well. As for this whole, different English thing, you've got Europe, you've got America and then you have Canada. I'm not sure if this applies for every scenario but we use America words like pants, fries (except for fish and 'chip' places), chips like potato chips and elevator. Yet when it comes to spelling, we use the European spelling more. Colour, favour, favourite. We're taught 'zed' but most people I know still say 'zee'. Sounds way better since it goes with the rest of the rhyming letters and it fits better in the song.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I may have learned English only, but I still don't understand why we spell things so differently. Even better, the pronunciation of the letter "z" as "zee" here versus "zed".
Nauseous sounds better to me as well. As for this whole, different English thing, you've got Europe, you've got America and then you have Canada. I'm not sure if this applies for every scenario but we use America words like pants, fries (except for fish and 'chip' places), chips like potato chips and elevator. Yet when it comes to spelling, we use the European spelling more. Colour, favour, favourite. We're taught 'zed' but most people I know still say 'zee'. Sounds way better since it goes with the rest of the rhyming letters and it fits better in the song.

What the hell is this "zed" and "zee"?

:135:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
How Fates should have ended.

What the hell is this "zed" and "zee"?

The pronunciations of the letter "Z". In the US and Canada to a degree, "Zee" is the more common pronunciation whereas "Zed" is more common in Europe and in some other places.

It's just another front in the US vs. Europe spelling and grammar debacle.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
How Fates should have ended.

The pronunciations of the letter "Z". In the US and Canada to a degree, "Zee" is the more common pronunciation whereas "Zed" is more common in Europe and in some other places.

Being perfectly honest, I would have loved to have seen an alternate path in Fates that let you become an almighty emperor, conquering and ruling both kingdoms with an iron fist, crushing any and all who would oppose your rule! Mwuahahahaha!!!

Ahem, got a little carried away there.

Anyway, I'm now imagining somebody saying Dragon Ball Zed and I don't know how to feel about that.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Oh i see.

Yeah now that I think about it, I use both of types when pronouncing the letter, but use "Zee" a lot more then "Zed"

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Being perfectly honest, I would have loved to have seen an alternate path in Fates that let you become an almighty emperor, conquering and ruling both kingdoms with an iron fist, crushing any and all who would oppose your rule! Mwuahahahaha!!!

Ahem, got a little carried away there.
*backs away slowly*

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I can't believe that barely a year ago this thread was bursting with energy.

Now look at it. It is accurately portraying Robin's running speed

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, standing around moping isn't gonna bring activity back, so have some Elise as a ninja, courtesy of the Cipher TCG!

Wait, please don't go, I can control my evil side (mostly :evil:)
Hope she doesn't poke her eyeballs out with that shuriken. :shades:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Today is Charlotte's birthday. Everyone, go wish the Queen of Nohr a very happy birthday!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Now you guys are making me sadder that I still need to wait another whole month before i get Fates :(

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
2 weeks as of Friday.
And that moment when your favourite streamer notices a joke you made in chat.
Context: Entire enemy team was Winston, a Gorilla.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
only a few weeks left! if you're EU, that is :p
Not for me, since the Special edition was presold out here so I had to wait until they put it back up and then it said that due it being presold out, i have to wait until Juneish for it to be released.

Which means that, no joke, I have almost have to have waited a whole year for this game since it's release in Japan.

It ****ing sucks :(

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FAVORITE CINNAMON ROLL DAUGHTERU
image.jpeg

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I'm appalled that anyone would even consider Kinect Star Wars to be non-canon, Legends or not.

Anyway, happy birthday son, my personal favourite second gen awakening character.

And if you remember that thing I posted a few days ago, here's another one that gets really meta:

Spelled.png
US
Spelt.jpg
EU

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGAN!!!

Also, a new Persona 5 Trailer was released this morning!

And last but not least, Happy Cinco de Mayo and Revenge of the Fifth!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I've been watching RWBY lately. I have already finished Volume 1 and are at the last three episodes of Volume 2. I'm enjoying the series so far. I found it amusing that Jaune did keep his word and wore a dress for the dance. Thank you RWBY images uploaded on KYM to finally get me to watch the show.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I've been watching RWBY lately. I have already finished Volume 1 and are at the last three episodes of Volume 2. I'm enjoying the series so far. I found it amusing that Joan did keep his word and wore a dress for the dance. Thank you RWBY images uploaded on KYM to finally get me to watch the show.
ONE OF US.
ONE OF US.
Also *Jaune

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I've been watching RWBY lately. I have already finished Volume 1 and are at the last three episodes of Volume 2. I'm enjoying the series so far. I found it amusing that Jaune did keep his word and wore a dress for the dance. Thank you RWBY images uploaded on KYM to finally get me to watch the show.
I also watched through all of RWBY recently! Jaune best character.

And thankfully you're just past the point where it's OK for me to post this.
There are spoilers in the comments if you decide to watch it on Youtube.

Happy RWBY-ing!

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
There are spoilers in the comments if you decide to watch it on Youtube.
Uh yeah... about that... I kind of saw the Volume 3 ending stuff from KYM. I didn't quite understand the context of the jokes that were posted there until I saw the right gifs that showcased what happened.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh, RWBY, the plot isn't very strong, the animation sometimes is very awkward for not-action scenes, and the voice acting is not the best.
I still like it a lot. ♥

The characters are top tier.
Weiss best waifu.
:196:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
On a completely different note, guess who just officially graduated from college?!

(sorry for poor quality)
We had a really awesome evening ceremony, now it's time to chill for the night! Feeling like a boss ass champ! :068:

D

Deleted member

On a completely different note, guess who just officially graduated from college?!

(sorry for poor quality)
We had a really awesome evening ceremony, now it's time to chill for the night! Feeling like a boss *** champ! :068:
Congratulations! :D

I'm graduating from college myself soon as well! I'm kinda nervous.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

(sorry for poor quality)
We had a really awesome evening ceremony, now it's time to chill for the night! Feeling like a boss *** champ! :068:
Let me be the next person to say congratulations. :)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

(sorry for poor quality)
Congrats! What's the degree in?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

(sorry for poor quality)
Good Job. I think?

I'm not sure. I don't know how hard College is compared to our Unis.

Either way, you could say that your....

REALLY FEELING IT!!!!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Congratulations! :D

I'm graduating from college myself soon as well! I'm kinda nervous.
Thanks, and good luck to you! I was pretty nervous too, and I still kind of am now that it's time to enter the working world. That's why it's important to look back and celebrate all the hard work us students have put into our degrees. :cool:
Let me be the next person to say congratulations. :)
Thank you! :dr^_^:
Congrats! What's the degree in?
Thanks, it's a Bachelor of Arts in the field of Graphic Design.
Good Job. I think?

I'm not sure. I don't know how hard College is compared to our Unis.

Either way, you could say that your....

REALLY FEELING IT!!!!

I don't know how hard Uni's are, but from personal experience college is definitely no walk in the park.

Yeah, you could also say I'm riding on :4cloud2: Nine!

Top Bottom