• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Although I think Master Xehanort should have been the original Squidward and not Xemnas, everything else about it is perfect!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Recently I picked up Shovel Knight on sale from the e-shop (still on sale I think for anyone interested) and I have to say that it's a super fun game! A very nice challenging game too, all around high marks from me.

Also, the Star Fox Zero animation memes are already coming in hot!

Star Fox Zero?

Don't you mean

:135:

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
I've completed my normal classic run of Conquest, so far it was very enjoyable, and each chapter kept me on my toes about how I should approach or defeat enemies and what happens afterward, even though the paralogues felt easier than Birthright's probably because I started S-supporting units before I tackled chapter 19.

Shigure was going to be my best unit until he died due overlooking the master ninja when approaching Kagero which made it to where he would have no survivability against a master at arms, Kaze in my playthrough of Conquest was pretty op, lucky crits left and right with a +4 forged Iron dagger which I named the Kitchen Knife plus his res in terms of stat growths was pretty insane which made dealing with magic users a complete joke.

It was a tough time trying to beat the game while trying not to lose any units, but I love a good challenge which made the playthrough more enjoyable. Now to play Revelation, but before I do so, I need help in deciding what I should make Corrin as far as classes go, at the moment I'm having a hard time deciding between Strategist and Great Master, what should I pick?

Last edited:

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I've completed my normal classic run of Conquest, so far it was very enjoyable, and each chapter kept me on my toes about how I should approach or defeat enemies and what happens afterward, even though the paralogues felt easier than Birthright's probably because I started S-supporting units before I tackled chapter 19.

Shigure was going to be my best unit until he died due overlooking the master ninja when approaching Kagero which made it to where he would have no survivability against a master at arms, Kaze in my playthrough of Conquest was pretty op, lucky crits left and right with a +4 forged Iron dagger which I named the Kitchen Knife plus his res in terms of stat growths was pretty insane which made dealing with magic users a complete joke.

It was a tough time trying to beat the game while trying not to lose any units, but I love a good challenge which made the playthrough more enjoyable. Now to play Revelation, but before I do so, I need help in deciding what I should make Corrin as far as classes go, at the moment I'm having a hard time deciding between Strategist and Great Master, what should I pick?
This is tough to answer because I love both Great Master and Strategist as classes. I think Corrin might work better as a great master statwise, plus no dual weakness to horseslayers and wyrmslayers. Plus the attack animations are sick.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Star Fox Zero releases worldwide today, and by coincidence:

56464838_p0_master1200.jpg

(x)

Happy birthday Niles! The 20th can't come fast enough...

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Star Fox Zero releases worldwide today, and by coincidence:

View attachment 104689
(x)

Happy birthday Niles! The 20th can't come fast enough...

In any case, Happy Birthday to the lovable, sexy rogue!

- In other news, Dynasty Warriors: Eiketsuden's first trailer is out!

Dynasty Tactics is back baby!

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
All the activity here moved to the Corrin social, right?

That's a shame. Probably won't get to hang with you guys for a long while in that case.
I'm kinda surprised you don't frequent there much. Almost everyone who frequented here went that way, save for me and some others.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'm waiting until I beat all three paths of Fates.

And considering RNGesus' distaste for me and my huge procrastination, that may be a while.
We're on the same boat with our playthroughs then. I'm still on Ch11 for both Birthright and Conquest (no Revelations yet).

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'm waiting until I beat all three paths of Fates.

And considering RNGesus' distaste for me and my huge procrastination, that may be a while.
We're on the same boat with our playthroughs then. I'm still on Ch11 for both Birthright and Conquest (no Revelations yet).
I guess that would make three of us.
I've currently beat Birthright and I'm in the middle of Conquest, but with how this current chapter is going, it doesn't seem I'll be making it much further for a while.

Edit: And I've finally beat the chapter I was on.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I'm basically on the last chapter of Conquest. Will probably beat it.....soon.

And then after that it's back to grinding hell in Lunatic Awakening

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I could use some help from fellow Robins.

I've played this game since 3DS launch almost exclusively as Robin, with some Wii Fit Trainer on the side. Playing today on anther's, I'm at the very lowest end of the Bronze rank. I feel like I haven't improved since day 1, since I still can't even beat things like teleport-only Zeldas or rolling Marios.

I think I need a tutor, or at least for someone to say they've shared this experience as I've tried to teach myself how to play with all the guides, videos and games in the world, but I still suck. Like 15% FG win rate and 5% Anther win rate suck. Can anyone help?

Nah

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I could use some help from fellow Robins.

I've played this game since 3DS launch almost exclusively as Robin, with some Wii Fit Trainer on the side. Playing today on anther's, I'm at the very lowest end of the Bronze rank. I feel like I haven't improved since day 1, since I still can't even beat things like teleport-only Zeldas or rolling Marios.

I think I need a tutor, or at least for someone to say they've shared this experience as I've tried to teach myself how to play with all the guides, videos and games in the world, but I still suck. Like 15% FG win rate and 5% Anther win rate suck. Can anyone help?
Uploading replays and posting them in the video thread would be one thing to do. Then we can see how you play and give you critiques and hopefully that'll help. Getting matches with some of us would be good too, for the same reasons+you might see how a *better* Robin plays firsthand.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'll be sticking around here rather than the Corrin social since, while I do use Corrin, I use Robin far more to the point that I can call the latter a main and not the former. Nothing against the Corrin social (I don't think I've ever been in there, just the Q&A thread) but I pick my socials based on my mains, not activity.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Granted, the Corrin social is basically the FE: Fates social (says so in the title kek) and Fates IS the hot new thing currently, soooooooooo :p

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Fates is super fun. Keaton best guy and Soleil best girl so far

Anyone wanna do doubles~

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I pick my socials based on my mains, not activity.
Same here. I stuck here because I play Robin. The fact that this is (or was) one of the more active socials is a bonus.

The only reason why I didn't migrate to the Corrin boards like almost everyone else is because I don't play Corrin. I like Fates, but that doesn't justify me to go to a board for a character I don't play. The only time you'd ever catch me there, if at all, would be for site related things since I want to improve the site and I'm trying to make myself a mod. Hell, the last post I made on the Corrin boards was to let them know that these :4corrin:/:4corrinf: were available for use.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Smashboards in general is just a lot quieter and slower.
The final DLC characters were released a while ago.
Nothing to speculate on other than "rumours" from less than credible sources and wishlists labelled as "leaks."
People just generally having other life commitments like exams, work, family and other stuff.
And then a new Smash will be revealed at some point so the cycle continues with a surge of new and old users joining/returning to support their characters and speculating on every minor little detail.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Smashboards in general is just a lot quieter and slower.
The final DLC characters were released a while ago.
Nothing to speculate on other than "rumours" from less than credible sources and wishlists labelled as "leaks."
People just generally having other life commitments like exams, work, family and other stuff.
And then a new Smash will be revealed at some point so the cycle continues with a surge of new and old users joining/returning to support their characters and speculating on every minor little detail.
I definitely agree with this. Especially since we're getting close to the end of the school year. Personally I've been very busy with college, on top of helping my family move into a new house.

I haven't been around the Corrin Social much since I'm still only on Chapter 13 of Conquest. Although I did finish Shovel Knight two days ago, but now I'm playing Oracle of Seasons. I really need to stop buying new games! :drsad:

Oh, and one more thing!

scene12_img.jpg

Official artwork is the GOAT

Nah

Smash Champion
I like Fates, but that doesn't justify me to go to a board for a character I don't play.
Idk, I don't think that you should feel like you have to play a character in order to be a part of their social thread. Many users in this thread don't play Robin (there were more people like that in the past anyway iirc).

Schnee117 Schnee117 what the **** is that thing in your signature

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Idk, I don't think that you should feel like you have to play a character in order to be a part of their social thread. Many users in this thread don't play Robin (there were more people like that in the past anyway iirc).

You read me wrong. What I meant was more of a personal choice rather than a statement about what boards people should be a part of. Nothing is stopping anyone from being a part of any social, you are correct.

And to answer your second question, that is the Gravemind from Halo, more specifically, how he appears in Halo 2 Anniversary.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I definitely agree with this. Especially since we're getting close to the end of the school year. Personally I've been very busy with college, on top of helping my family move into a new house.

I haven't been around the Corrin Social much since I'm still only on Chapter 13 of Conquest. Although I did finish Shovel Knight two days ago, but now I'm playing Oracle of Seasons. I really need to stop buying new games! :drsad:

Oh, and one more thing!

View attachment 104880

Official artwork is the GOAT
Yeah I've got College with exams beginning next month (literally the day Fates releases) until June 10th where I have my Modern History (Russia) AND Film Studies exams. Doing 5 1/2 hours worth of exams in a single day shouldn't be allowed. Least they're done before E3 though.

Plus I've been playing too much stuff.
Xenoblade
Persona 3 FES
PXZ2
Killer Instinct
Gears 4 beta
Assassin's Creed 4

And there's too much I'm excited for.
Game of Thrones
Civil War
B-Day feat. Dark Souls 3, Iceman with time powers and Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
FE: Fates
Uncharted
RvB14
RWBY Chibi
X-Men
Gargos' glorious return to KI

Responses like this are why I love using Gravemind aside from being best villain in a shooter not named Handsome Jack.

Like ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ said it's the Gravemind in it's Halo 2 anniversary appearance. The big boss of the Flood formed over millennia of listening through rock and metal and time.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Doesn't Rinkah have a 20% strength growth?
It's actually 45% as an oni savage. I think Rinkah gets underrated because people see her base 25% STR (which is pretty low), meanwhile they ignore her 50% skill growth w/ the great club existing in this game. This isn't even mentioning her amazing defense or speed. Like, yeah she can get strength screwed, but x4 damage on crits with a weapon that has 55 base crit? Energy drops are also a thing, so it's not like her low STR is impossible to fix.

I will defend Rinkah until the very end!
mitama2.jpe

I do wish she had a higher str growth tho

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
It's actually 45% as an oni savage. I think Rinkah gets underrated because people see her base 25% STR (which is pretty low), meanwhile they ignore her 50% skill growth w/ the great club existing in this game. This isn't even mentioning her amazing defense or speed. Like, yeah she can get strength screwed, but x4 damage on crits with a weapon that has 55 base crit? Energy drops are also a thing, so it's not like her low STR is impossible to fix.

I will defend Rinkah until the very end!
View attachment 104985
I do wish she had a higher str growth tho
25% growth, which become 45% as Oni Savage isn't even that bad, obviously it's not that good but at least is okay.
Very bad growths are, for example, Felicia's strength (10%) and defense (15%), Orochi's speed (15%) and Charlotte's resistance (5%), which are all worse than Rinkah's strength.

Also, talking about growth rates, can someone explain to me why Asugi has a whopping 50% magic growth? lol

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Also, talking about growth rates, can someone explain to me why Asugi has a whopping 50% magic growth? lol
I'm guessing it's because of the Flame Shuriken.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'll tell you what's nice?

No more Fnaf games. None. On the word of Scott. I so happy that the horror that it is is finally over. I can rest easy know they one thing left with be a movie of it.

That's right. No more Fnaf games. No more fore-

why Scott?

Why? ;-;

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

No more Fnaf games. None. On the word of Scott. I so happy that the horror that it is is finally over. I can rest easy know they one thing left with be a movie of it.

why Scott?

Why? ;-;

Because he can easily make new games with little effort and each one will get mass publicity and keep him financially secure.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

why Scott?

Why? ;-;

Because it's his series and he can do what he wants with it? There's no rule that says Scott has to stop making FNAF games. Lots of creators migh say their done with a series, but many come back to it anyway. If you don't like the series, just ignore it. Personally I have no strong opinions about FNAF one way or the other. I see it, I shrug, and I get on with my day.

Speaking of getting on with my day, check out this AMAZING Lobster Lord and Angry Bro cosplay I found!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'm curious to know what exactly are the FNAF games that Unknown Merc is so opposes to?
They're "horror" games in which the objective is to survive five nights (hence the name) from murderous animatronics through a game in which you hit buttons in a certain manner to prevent them from reaching you, with each night being progressively harder.

The Merc The Merc isn't keen on them because there has been four games (not counting spinoffs) over the course of a year with little changes aside from the lore and the series has a notorious fanbase to list a few reasons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom