• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Reminds me of how Spider-Man says "Hey Everyone" instead of something like "Your time is up old man"
To be fair he's thrown into a fight against Captain America. I think I'd be nervous like that if I was thrown into a battle against a War Hero and his allies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be fair he's thrown into a fight against Captain America. I think I'd be nervous like that if I was thrown into a battle against a War Hero and his allies.
But I liked that part. It was really Spiderman. Your line seems like it's trying to hard to be funny

:135:
You guys don't get what I'm referencing

There was a picture on IFunny where Peter and Tony are discussing their plan to attack Steve, and Stark tells him to say something like "Your time is up old man"; Peter agrees to this...only to actually get to the battlefield and say what he said in the trailer...

...Tony wasn't pleased...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You guys don't get what I'm referencing

There was a picture on IFunny where Peter and Tony are discussing their plan to attack Steve, and Stark tells him to say something like "Your time is up old man"; Peter agrees to this...only to actually get to the battlefield and say what he said in the trailer...

...Tony wasn't pleased...
Oh okay

Could you show us please?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Okay I'm coming here with a Fates question. (Asked the Corrin social but they ignored my post and started talking about OTPs so pls don't do that to me Robins ;_;.)
Just gonna copy paste this here
Trying to figure out Revelation pairings, this is what I'm thinking of doing. It's a weird combination of good stats and classes, good hair colors for the kids, and that the parents at least make some sense together.
So these 4 are the only ones I've done so far, so I can't change these.
Leo!Felicia
Laslow!Peri
Niles!Nyx
Corrin!Soleil
Technically I do have an older save before I has Niles and Nyx marry so if I desperately need to change that then I can. But the rest are for sure.

What I have planned for everyone else is:
Ryoma!Oboro
Takumi!Camilla
Subaki!Selena
Azama!Orochi
Kaden!Setsuna
Hayato!Sakura
Odin!Elise

And the next few were the ones I had left and I really didn't know what to do with these, so input on what to change here is what I need.
Xander!Effie
Hinata!Kagero
Saizo!Hana
Silas!Hinoka
Jakob!Rinkah
Kaze!Azura
Arthur!Mozu
Benny!Beruka
Keaton!Charlotte
So please yell at me and how some of these are terrible and how I should change them :)

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Okay I'm coming here with a Fates question. (Asked the Corrin social but they ignored my post and started talking about OTPs so pls don't do that to me Robins ;_;.)
Just gonna copy paste this here
It doesn't really matter who you pair up, just do what you think might be the best.

I will say that Laslow and Peri have a pretty good support though (I guess you would know because you already did it). I can't speak for any other support line listed because I don't think I've even gotten one conversation in any of those pairings. I recommend trying out Athur!Azura though, they have a pretty good support (but Arthur!Mozu will make a better Percy if you really want him to be good)

Here's something you might find useful.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm on a roll with these Photoshops!

View attachment 104351
*makes female Corrin called Cherche that's married to Arthur. Gerome has Percy defeated and held at Spear point*
"... They've... got... Cherche..."
"WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT NAME!"
*flashback to opening sequence where Cherche is killed by a Risen*
"WHY WOULD YOU SAY IT!"
*Percy's love interest (Sophie I guess?) runs up to them*
"That's his Mother's name!"
*Gerome and Percy attained an A+ rank support!*

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
So, did anyone else pick up Bravely Second? Really liking it so far.
I really enjoyed Bravely Default, so I picked up the demo for Bravely Second as I currently lack the funds to buy the full game. The 4 new classes introduced in the demo are a lot of fun to use, though I feel like there's overuse of a priority gimmick involved, and I almost feel like the cowboy one is likely to be the overpowered class that everyone uses at endgame (unless the class ability gets changed in the full game. +100% chance to hit, skill to ignore P.DEF, AND a skill to apply elemental to attacks? Who else sees the overuse of axes incoming with this class?)

That being said, the numerous overhauls to the UI (namely the ability to repeat action with brave button when selecting an action or target, as well as the ability to save preset combat loops) are absolutely wonderful. Even though the demo sells the final boss (even on hard mode) somewhat short, the characters are likable and the classes feel fun enough to where I'll be buying this as soon as I'm financially capable.

EDIT: Also, the way grind is handled in the demo (chain battling) is absolutely brilliant! I hope it makes it to the full game!

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Three posts in the last 15 hours? This is the Robin social, right?

So what is it like exactly? (opened to both of you)

Basically...you know the SNES-era Final Fantasy games? It's in the style of that, but using everything we've collectively learned about game design and RPG design in the last 20 years to make it that much more enjoyable of an experience. The combat is turn-based, but with a twist: you can use the Default command to defend and essentially save your turn to use later in the fight, or Brave and take extra turns when you need it most!

Oh, and there's a super-robust job system with both traditional and brand new classes that lets you pull of a lot of really cool strategies.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, everyone can be pretty busy with something else sometimes.

I do prefer peace and quiet though.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Most of the activity here moved northbound to the Corrin boards methinks. Not that I would know, I don't go there. People could also be just busy, I mean school finals are here, it's tax season, yadda yadda.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Most of the activity here moved northbound to the Corrin boards methinks. Not that I would know, I don't go there. People could also be just busy, I mean school finals are here, it's tax season, yadda yadda.
SoS4 is basically the only non-school related thing I've had time for these past couple of weeks. I've been meaning to make a low quality MS paint drawing for Yaki's birthday ever since it came up, but I haven't had the time!

Maybe this thread will become more active soon.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I believe the majority of users here have mostly migrated elsewhere by now, whether that be the Corrin social or similar tactician hangouts.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Tarastel Tarastel

GET THAT ****ING **** OUT OF THIS PLACE!!!!!!

Pokemon Sun and Moon's Legendaries...........

.... names have been leaked potentially.

Source - http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/04/solgaleo-lunaala-sun-and-moon-legendary-pokemon

Solgaleo and Lunaala sound pretty damn cool, even though the names might get dubbed anyway.
You trolling.......

Basically...you know the SNES-era Final Fantasy games? It's in the style of that, but using everything we've collectively learned about game design and RPG design in the last 20 years to make it that much more enjoyable of an experience. The combat is turn-based, but with a twist: you can use the Default command to defend and essentially save your turn to use later in the fight, or Brave and take extra turns when you need it most!

Oh, and there's a super-robust job system with both traditional and brand new classes that lets you pull of a lot of really cool strategies.
Well, i've never played the old Final Fantasy games (only recent played FF7 with it being my first FF game though I didn't get to complete it or get past disc one)

Though from the way you describe it would seem worth having a look at. I might try to get the demo and see what happens

View attachment 104500

ONE MONTH BOYS & GIRLS
*Cries a little inside*
Lucky. I have to wait until June ;-;

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Today is April 20th which means it's Lucina's birthday!

(X)

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, I experience the most confusing thing very the other day

Okay, so I was playing XCX and trying to beat Lao in the Life Core. It was my 13th try and if I failed again, I was just going to give up and look up a walk through.

So I'm fighting Lao on foot, my Skell is refuelling, with me waiting for the right moment to use a G-Buster.

Lao was down to less than an 1/8 of his health. Now was the time. I hop into my Skell, and use my G-Buster.....

And kill Lao!!!!

I'm so feaking Happy and sad at the same time. Happy cause i finally beat Lao after so long. But I was sad cause i found the final cutscene touching (especial with Elma's reveal)

So the credits are rolling, I'm happy i finally beat the game.

Then just when i was ready for free roaming, a cutscene turns up.

*watches cutscene

wait

*final words of cutscene

wait.....

wait....

WHAT?!

*dropped off into game, no story mission to choose from

Someone, please tell, what the hell just happened?

Today is April 20th which means it's Lucina's birthday!

(X)
YAY. It's Lu Lu's birthday XD

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I didn't quite understand the ending to XCX myself either.

All the more reasons why I think there should do a direct sequel to it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The Merc The Merc I'm pretty sure that they're planning a XCX sequel given the ending

why they're doing that, idk
I didn't quite understand the ending to XCX myself either.

All the more reasons why I think there should do a direct sequel to it.
Yeah that was my first thought

But then why?!

Why leave it on such a big cliff hanger (i mean, i know why)

It just.... no! Nintendo don't leave me in this suspense!!!

Also, what does everyone think of my new name?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Recently I picked up Shovel Knight on sale from the e-shop (still on sale I think for anyone interested) and I have to say that it's a super fun game! A very nice challenging game too, all around high marks from me.

Also, the Star Fox Zero animation memes are already coming in hot!

Top Bottom