• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
trust me dude, the voices in this are sometimes not the best but atleast its not Goku's japanese VA, which I personally can't stand hearing.
They aren't.
But it does hamper the experience regardless. Thankfully, the amount of good/decent voice acting is bigger than the amount of "gods, why" voice acting like I mentioned earlier.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
They aren't.
But it does hamper the experience regardless. Thankfully, the amount of good/decent voice acting is bigger than the amount of "gods, why" voice acting like I mentioned earlier.
Any complaints I had about the VA went away when I somehow encountered a sound issue with my game that lead to the EXP gain noise continuously playing forever. That was a fun time

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Question since I'm not playing Fates till I beat Awakening Lunatic but with voices being talked about, does Fates have better, worse or equal voice acting compared to Awakening? It's obviously character dependent but for example, I think KI:U has awful voice acting purely thanks to Pit and Palu, the two you hear the most, especially early on. Like, does Corrin, the blue girl and any other main character at least sound tolerable, if not amazing? If a minor character sounds bad then that's not a big deal.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Question since I'm not playing Fates till I beat Awakening Lunatic but with voices being talked about, does Fates have better, worse or equal voice acting compared to Awakening? It's obviously character dependent but for example, I think KI:U has awful voice acting purely thanks to Pit and Palu, the two you hear the most, especially early on. Like, does Corrin, the blue girl and any other main character at least sound tolerable, if not amazing? If a minor character sounds bad then that's not a big deal.
In my opinion, it's equal.
A lot of voice actors for the Awakening dub come back. And iirc Lobster nii-san is Matthew Mercer again? So it's Red Lobster Chrom nii-san.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The voice acting in Fates are a hit-or-miss. Some characters were given a good dub. Others not so much either the voice is fine but it just didn't fit with the character, or just not a very good performance.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Better. Easy question.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Okay, IS better not have set up Felicia as one of the mandatory kill off characters. I've taking a liking to her and I won't be happy if that's the case.

Some characters die if I don't meet certain conditions? That's fine. I can figure out how to get around them.

Killing off (playable) characters for the sake of plot progression? That's a Richard Relocation, IS. Richard. Relocation.

Also, that 10,000G bonus in Ch8, I want it so bad.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Aww, now I wished I knew where I found that one comic of Jakob trying to drag Dwyer and Setsuna to work.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
So an equal, a hit-or-miss and a better. 2 50s and atleast a 60 though that last one could be higher. Using hit percentage numbers to rank voice acting, that's a new one for me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
They aren't.
Example (I've only played Conquest)

Effie - Absolutely horrible, holy ****. "Now I'm hungry..." sounds just disgusting. But it's fine because Effie's boring anyway. Would not ship again. I'm sorry I did that to you, Silas.
versus
Arthur - Absolutely perfect. Exactly the voice I would've picked and he's done so well and with so much enthusiasm. 11/10 would marry his voice...or chin.

Camilla's voice and Xander's voices are also perfect. And Ryoma is Matt ****ing Mercer so...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Effie looks like she should be the sort of quiet-speaking person like... Yuki Nagato or Sumia, but she sounds like a stereotypical bro-lady and in a bad way where it seems forced and not just a natural bro-lady. Hinoka's voice style, so not necessarily Hinoka's voice actress, would have been perfect. One of those voice and appearance desyncs... Ignatius has that too. I was expecting a raspy or deep voice, so David Hayter-ish or Steve Blum, but I got a younger, not deep voice. Also, Dwyer sounds a bit creepy compared to goofy Setsuna and I expected Kagerou and Orochi to sound older.

Edit: Hisame's pickle puns can die in a volcano.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh god....is there really a character in Fates that make pickle puns?

I hate food puns.....
I think they're only on Hoshido side.

Nohr confirmed best path.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
So is Nohr Prince/ss inheritable by Kana only or is it also inheritable by Kana's sibling?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh god....is there really a character in Fates that make pickle puns?

I hate food puns.....
Nah, won't you dive into the brine with me?

Hoshido has lobsters, pickle puns, pickle addiction, candy puns, candy addiction, yandere, kuudere, imouto, and Cordelia 2.0. What more could you want? :p

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
These two have something in common.

It involves their shoulders and back armor.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
In all honesty, I haven't seen a single legitimately convincing argument against legalizing Miis, and it makes me question why it even needs this much asinine discussion. Free the Mii's!!!!!

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I can imagine 2 reasons why people are against Miis:
1) It takes extra time to make the Mii and set its customs (especially if you alter its specials and weight/height every match), and it's always seemed to me like some people/TOs want every match to start as quickly as possible and move onto the next set as quickly as possible.
2) It could possibly set an unwanted precedent. You allow Miis with full customization, and it's likely people will start clamoring for their character to be able to use custom sets too. "Miis can use all their custom specials, why can't I? =[ ". It'd be annoying as hell at the very least.

Mind you I'm not actually against having/fighting fully customizable Miis, but I just think that it's better to try and look at the opposing view too rather than be like "lol my view is so obviously correct why r we talking about dis?".

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I can imagine 2 reasons why people are against Miis:
1) It takes extra time to make the Mii and set its customs (especially if you alter its specials and weight/height every match), and it's always seemed to me like some people/TOs want every match to start as quickly as possible and move onto the next set as quickly as possible.
2) It could possibly set an unwanted precedent. You allow Miis with full customization, and it's likely people will start clamoring for their character to be able to use custom sets too. "Miis can use all their custom specials, why can't I? =[ ". It'd be annoying as hell at the very least.

Mind you I'm not actually against having/fighting fully customizable Miis, but I just think that it's better to try and look at the opposing view too rather than be like "lol my view is so obviously correct why r we talking about dis?".
1) That's true but it's easily solved by deciding a "standard" weight for the Miis and preparing the various moveset before the event. Every Mii has a combination of 27 movesets, which are 81 for all the three Miis and that's probably too much, so just decide a standard like for the weight is a fair decision imo.
2) The Miis are the only characters in the game who can use customs without having them on, so I don't see why there is a problem with the Miis being able to use their own moves.

D

Deleted member

I finally got Fates in the mail! :D
I'll play it soon enough. I just have some things that I need to do before playing it. It's about damn time that it arrived, though.

As for the Mii discussion...
I think Miis are fine as long as they are the default 1111 set and default weight and height. I think allowing fully customizable Miis would cause problems, such as having Miis be made in various different weights and heights and it would be unfair to other mains if we allow Miis their custom moves only. That, however, is a whole different can of worms.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I just got mine as well!
Feels good to finally have it.

Been playing some of my backlogged games like Valkyria Chronicles. Really digging it.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I agree. I feel the Miis should be allowed in tourneys. "How", however, is what would be the make or break deal for them.
****. I lost Chapter 10 of Conquest on turn 10! Victory was almost within my grasp!
I presume there's a bonus for completing Ch10 in a certain amount of turns? I just completed Ch9 and I plan grinding supports before I proceed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I agree. I feel the Miis should be allowed in tourneys. "How", however, is what would be the make or break deal for them.

I presume there's a bonus for completing Ch10 in a certain amount of turns? I just completed Ch9 and I plan grinding supports before I proceed.
Chapter 10 you have to survive 11 turns. It's ****ing hard yo

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I finally got Fates in the mail! :D
I'll play it soon enough. I just have some things that I need to do before playing it. It's about damn time that it arrived, though.

As for the Mii discussion...
I think Miis are fine as long as they are the default 1111 set and default weight and height. I think allowing fully customizable Miis would cause problems, such as having Miis be made in various different weights and heights and it would be unfair to other mains if we allow Miis their custom moves only. That, however, is a whole different can of worms.
I just got mine as well!
Feels good to finally have it.

Been playing some of my backlogged games like Valkyria Chronicles. Really digging it.
Ugh...I only get mine next week.
(Why Amazon? Why?)

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Robin mains I need a practice buddy badly! I main DK, Bowser and Charizard, and believe it or not I'd rather play Shiek or Sonic as apposed to Robin any day of the week. I'm not a total scrub either, I just feel like I can not get around the projectiles from a good Robin player.

Is there anyone that wouldn't mind helping me out?

NNID: Romancedawn
Los Angeles, California.
Wired connection so lag usually isn't an issue.

Nah

Smash Champion
Robin mains I need a practice buddy badly! I main DK, Bowser and Charizard, and believe it or not I'd rather play Shiek or Sonic as apposed to Robin any day of the week. I'm not a total scrub either, I just feel like I can not get around the projectiles from a good Robin player.

Is there anyone that wouldn't mind helping me out?

NNID: Romancedawn
Los Angeles, California.
Wired connection so lag usually isn't an issue.
I'd be willing to play you sometime, though idk if I'd be of much use, I'm kind of trash.

Also idk if you're aware of it or not, but part of your issues with Robin stems from the characters you play; DK, Bowser, and Zard are all MUs in Robin favor, and not exactly by a small margin either.

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
I'd be willing to play you sometime, though idk if I'd be of much use, I'm kind of trash.

Also idk if you're aware of it or not, but part of your issues with Robin stems from the characters you play; DK, Bowser, and Zard are all MUs in Robin favor, and not exactly by a small margin either.
I was about to post this comment, but you :4greninja:'d me.

Robin's zone/denial game is STRONG. Getting in with any of the slow characters is pure pain. The biggest issue is 2 of your three perform best as bait and punish, and Robin will happily stay clear away from you. A good tactician has nothing to fear.

Top Bottom