• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Don't you have the power to do so, being a Red Tyrant? :demon:
I'm not Moydow, or a Red Tyrant, (not on smashboards at least. Hyrule's a different story :094:) but most mods only have powers in certain areas on the site. In this case, Moydow has power in the Welcome Center, but not here. Only Raz (being the designated mod for this area and all), everyone who's Super Moderator +, the thread creator (who seems to have left the site), and I believe, but not 100% certain, anyone who mods the Smash 4 forums as a whole can change it. Hoped this helped.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Still debating with myself to get Fates or not. I'm definitely going Birthright, but I'm not sure if it's time.

D

Deleted member

I made it to Chapter 10 in Birthright, Corrin is now married to Hana, and Pit Silas is married to Azura.

I have to say, the children Paralogues can be tricky early on. I just got Kana and I spent an hour doing her Paralogue.
Simply put, you need to be prepared for these Paralogues and come up with a good strategy. The enemies have some pretty good weapons that you most likely won't have...

Also in the game, you can Bond with your spouse... I have to say, it feels a bit weird to see this.

Can someone do me a favor and give me a link to what each DLC map is supposed to be? I am hoping for something like Golden Gaffe and EXPonential Growth.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Do we know if the DLC will be available at Midnight EST like Fates itself was?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I'm not Moydow, or a Red Tyrant, (not on smashboards at least. Hyrule's a different story :094:) but most mods only have powers in certain areas on the site. In this case, Moydow has power in the Welcome Center, but not here. Only Raz (being the designated mod for this area and all), everyone who's Super Moderator +, the thread creator (who seems to have left the site), and I believe, but not 100% certain, anyone who mods the Smash 4 forums as a whole can change it. Hoped this helped.
Ah, I was unaware. Thank you for enlightening me!
I changed my mind I'm marrying Nyx!
Yes, YESSSSS!!! You have chosen wisely my friend!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The Thread title is dated as ****.

Once I get Fates on a Price drop, I'm going for the best girl
AGAIN
image.png

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Can someone do me a favor and give me a link to what each DLC map is supposed to be? I am hoping for something like Golden Gaffe and EXPonential Growth.
I'm concerned on whether some of these maps are restricted to certain versions. Because whatever Fates' equivalent to EXPonential Growth and Golden Gaffe are, I doubt they'll be available in Conquest for obvious reasons. I'm not saying they won't, though.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm concerned on whether some of these maps are restricted to certain versions. Because whatever Fates' equivalent to EXPonential Growth and Golden Gaffe are, I doubt they'll be available in Conquest for obvious reasons. I'm not saying they won't, though.
I'm pretty sure they'll be available in Conquest. The base game doesn't have the grinding element, but paying extra for it seems feasible.

And even with every unit capped out, Conquest would still be a hell of a challenge.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Every time I have to commit to a non 100% hit chance where my unit can die or get debuffed THEN die, I'm sweating bullets. Last 2 turns of Chp 10 I had to do that 7 times. The rng gods smiled on me yesterday. Didn't beat it on my first try like a couple of people, but second try was the charm!

.....what's this about Chp. 13...?

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure they'll be available in Conquest. The base game doesn't have the grinding element, but paying extra for it seems feasible.

And even with every unit capped out, Conquest would still be a hell of a challenge.
I know that you don't get money and EXP in DLC Chapters, so I hope this won't be the case for maps like Golden Gaffe and EXPonential Growth. If you can't get money and EXP from them, then the maps are basically useless.

I really hope that they will work in Conquest because, from what I've heard, this game is just as hard as Tharcia. I am not good at SRPGs but I want to experience the story, so I hope the maps work. (before anyone says "Phoenix Mode", in some cases in Conquest, you can still lose)

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I really hope that they will work in Conquest because, from what I've heard, this game is just as hard as Tharcia. I am not good at SRPGs but I want to experience the story, so I hope the maps work. (before anyone says "Phoenix Mode", in some cases in Conquest, you can still lose)
You can level grind in Conquest but only on the "EXPonential Growth" DLC equivalent of Fates. If you try to level up in other DLC maps like the "Golden Gaffe" equivalent you won't gain any experience at all.

Also, the only time you can lose in Phoenix mode is if the enemy was able to do a complete party kill on your units in one turn but considering the amount of bulky units you get in Conquest like Keaton, Leo, Xander and Camilla and considering that Phoenix mode is only available on the Normal difficulty. Its almost impossible to lose in Phoenix mode. The only exception being Chapter 5 if Corn losses because Magic and Wyrmslayers almost everywhere :p

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I don't think you should worry. We're likely to get those maps with all the benefits included.

And while Conquest is challenging, I doubt it's "Thracia hard" (we have Moydow Moydow and a few others along with all of their sorrow and struggles with the game that can vouch for us in that regard.).

And Phoenix Mode? The only way you can even lose on that mode is if:

A. You are, somehow, really, REALLY awful at these games.

B. You send your units to die ON PURPOSE.

C. Corrin/The Avatar dies in Ch5 (because why not give nearly every enemy Tomes and Wyrmslayers?).

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Obviously I can't judge Thracia's difficulty against Conquest's yet, but I doubt Conquest has as much "fake difficulty" as Thracia had - as in the dumb **** the game throws at you that you can't possibly expect if you play blind, like Xavier's recruitment, warp tiles in 24x, the bridge in Reinhart's chapter, or green units that can attack you (once you know what's coming and when (i.e. on a second or later run), though, you can pretty much break the game in half). I can't imagine Conquest being as hard as blind Thracia, but hopefully I won't have to wait too long to find out for myself.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So the Pokémon Direct reveal was leaked. Thanks Gamexplain! At least Etika bothered to hide the logos!

Of course, it could just be a fake and we were all played like a... yeah what Miller said.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
So the Pokémon Direct reveal was leaked. Thanks Gamexplain! At least Etika bothered to hide the logos!

Of course, it could just be a fake and we were all played like a... yeah what Miller said.
Pokemon is confirmed to have trademarked both Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon along with those logos. It's definitely legit.

Still, I think this warrants some interesting discussion. Magearna is definitely going to be related to these upcoming games, and I'm wondering if it has two different forms depending on the version. The little opening in its chest seems split between being red and blue. The logos for Sun and Moon are also red and blue. Half Life 3 confirmed
But seriously I could imagine that thing in its chest being the "indicator" for it taking on separate forms, and the way its body is shaped makes it seem likely that it could take on an appearance similar to either logo that was trademarked.

In other news, I've been mostly avoiding this thread because I STILL don't have any word on what's going on with my copy of Fates. Supposedly I reinstated the order, but I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. My friend was saying that we could start Conquest together, but he already finished Birthright and I don't even know if what I ordered went through. It hurts not being so behind everyone Fates. :(

I started a bow-lock in Awakening(or as close as I could get to one) to fill the void while I wait.
thing.jpe

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Etika is a nice man/guy/hype machine

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Eh, the new Pokemon games were inevitable since Magiana was revealed, so I'm not affected by the spoiler.

Obviously I can't judge Thracia's difficulty against Conquest's yet, but I doubt Conquest has as much "fake difficulty" as Thracia had - as in the dumb **** the game throws at you that you can't possibly expect if you play blind, like Xavier's recruitment, warp tiles in 24x, the bridge in Reinhart's chapter, or green units that can attack you (once you know what's coming and when (i.e. on a second or later run), though, you can pretty much break the game in half). I can't imagine Conquest being as hard as blind Thracia, but hopefully I won't have to wait too long to find out for myself.
Don't worry, Conquest does not have Thracia's "**** you" difficulty, so there'll be no ulcer inducing moments (though there COULD be, depending on the cicumstances). Personally, I think it's somewhere in between the GBA and Radiance games in terms of difficulty (I haven't played either, I only got my info from the FE wiki, so what do I know?).

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
If Mega Solrock and Mega Lunatone aren't in the game is such a missed opportunity...

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
"Ugh! A new Pokémon generation, and they're NOT using colors for the names AGAIN?! What a load of garbage! Just another worthless new generation that will never be as good as Gen 1! Just give me what I want Nintendo!!!"

(Freakin' Genwunners in a nutshell)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"Ugh! A new Pokémon generation, and they're NOT using colors for the names AGAIN?! What a load of garbage! Just another worthless new generation that will never be as good as Gen 1! Just give me what I want Nintendo!!!"

True

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Gen 2&3 are better anyway

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
X was the best because Aegislash.

This love was born only after 2 hours of breeding and it's flawless <3
Yes I got lucky as hell.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Yes I got lucky as hell.
I keep forgetting how much easier it is to catch shinies in the current gen. I remember about two months ago where I got three shinies in two days, a Barboach and a Wailmer from chain fishing, and a Far'fetch while trying to complete my dex.

Breeding shinies, however, is still a pain in the ass...

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I keep forgetting how much easier it is to catch shinies in the current gen. I remember about two months ago where I got three shinies in two days, a Barboach and a Wailmer from chain fishing, and a Far'fetch while trying to complete my dex.

Breeding shinies, however, is still a pain in the ***...
That's true but I actually started breeding him after I've completed the National Pokédex and so unlocked the Shining Charm (which increase the chance of breeding/finding a shiny Pokémon).
I have to admit it worked pretty well lol

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
That's true but I actually started breeding him after I've completed the National Pokédex and so unlocked the Shining Charm (which increase the chance of breeding/finding a shiny Pokémon).
I have to admit it worked pretty well lol
I still need to complete mine, haha. If you still have most of the Pokes, maybe you can give me a hand with mine at some point. I want that Shiny Charm.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I made it even better!

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I still need to complete mine, haha. If you still have most of the Pokes, maybe you can give me a hand with mine at some point. I want that Shiny Charm.
I still have a lot of difficult to find/catch Pokémon in my games so yeah, whenever you want:025:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I saw this earlier on Twitter and it was funny.

I actually remembered only the sleep one, and it was REALLY hateful and dumb.
I've seen this a dozen times but it just never gets old!

Speaking of genwunner bashing...

LANGUAGE WARNING!

Gen 2&3 are better anyway

Yes I got lucky as hell.
Gen 5 is the GOAT!

I made it even better!
Thank you. Thank you sir for making this! :drohyou:

Nah

Smash Champion
Gen 5 was indeed the ****

But really, we don't even know if this is truly legit or not, or even if it's what they'll reveal at tomorrow's Direct.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
With all the bugs, obviously aged mechanics and some tedious design choices, it's a miracle anyone can consider vanilla gen 1 their favorite. I'd still probably go back to it over gen 4 though.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
well, i haven't posted here in a while :v i am feeling pretty salty about not having Fates due to the unfortunate circumstances of my birth (European x-x) but im glad eveybody here is enjoying it!

Top Bottom