• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
And Robin comes back to my loving arms. To commemorate this occasion, here is a picture:
robin-fe.jpeg

So, maintenance isn't going to start until 9:30 pm EST? If that's the case, I'm really sick of Nintendo delaying the times. It was supposed to be 7:30 now it's 9:30? Then when it's 9:30 Nintendo will delay it to 12:30. :3
Nothing's being delayed (as far as I know). It's just the difference in timezones. The DLC is coming out around 6pm PST, 7pm MT (my time) and around 9pm EST.

We are all going to get it in the same instance; it's, again, just a difference in timezones.

D

Deleted member

Ah. You see I was told by someone that it was gonna start at 9:30 but they must have gotten confused so thanks for that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, maintenance isn't going to start until 9:30 pm EST? If that's the case, I'm really sick of Nintendo delaying the times. It was supposed to be 7:30 now it's 9:30? Then when it's 9:30 Nintendo will delay it to 12:30. :3
We could always have another Ryu/Roy/Lucas moment again

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Fighters are here, and the patch is out.

I'd say it's about time to set up that patch notes thread.

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
So you guys, I made a thing and I'm a terrible person for it, but the joke popped into my head and I had to get it out. So, without further ado, I give you....

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Corrin is fun! Wish he had better alts though, might become my 4th ranger or whatever you want to call my most used characters. Bayonetta is pretty good too, although her recovery is sort of bleh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Does anyone like to play some Smash with the new dlc?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You must deliver.
Fine, i will.

DON'T.

Even as a joke, just don't.

Corrin has had to deal with enough salty haters as it is, so please be more respectful.

(Sorry, but we just had to deal with a really salty hater in the Corrin social, so I'm still a bit on edge)
What, U mad bro? :troll:

But seriously, I feel sorry that you had to deal with that. I must admit, I was disappointed in Corrin, but not so much that he "stole" a slot or whatever but more he just look kind of underwhelming.

To be fair, if anyone drops any character for Corrin, it'll be Marth/Lucina mains.
That is unless the Marth buff rumors are true, they'd be more likely to stay with Marth.
I for one am too deep into Marth tech to drop him
Besides, he's honestly the most fun i've had playing a character, besides maybe Pit.
To be honest, even with the buffs, I wouldn't be surprised if a number of them dropped them, or said stuff like 'oh the buffs are great, but the still don't fix the problems' etc.

Though speaking of picking up characters, I am very interested in trying Toon Link again after seeing that Bair buff. It's about dam time too.

:135:

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Robin's new jump
Roll height

Idk if anything else changed

Feel free to check and test out. New jump makes uthrow almost look viable

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
But seriously, I feel sorry that you had to deal with that. I must admit, I was disappointed in Corrin, but not so much that he "stole" a slot or whatever but more he just look kind of underwhelming.
I'm sorry, but how do you find a chainsaw-blade wielding, dragon morphing prince(es) "underwhelming?" :p
So you guys, I made a thing and I'm a terrible person for it, but the joke popped into my head and I had to get it out. So, without further ado, I give you....

And now, I present to this thread the definition of FABULOUS! Marth with Bayonetta's animations!

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
ROY OUR BOY GOT BUFFS! HELL YEAH!!!
:4feroy::4feroy::4feroy:

I'm sorry, but how do you find a chainsaw-blade wielding, dragon morphing prince(es) "underwhelming?" :p
*shrug*

If i had to say, I guess it's probably cause

1) his another avatar character (which is what Robin is)
2) We already go princes/ess
3) I actually find his sword extremely ugly and stupid
4) The the dragon part was pretty cool i guess, but didn't catch my eye straight away.
5) His name. Probably the main reason I wasn't interested at first.

What i find funny though is that despite what I said in reason 1, if Young Link was announced, I would have been over the moon and on the way to Pluto.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Wait, so has Robin changed at all? I can't seem to find anything recorded anywhere. Hearing something about a new jump here though, what's that about?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

*shrug*

If i had to say, I guess it's probably cause

1) his another avatar character (which is what Robin is)
2) We already go princes/ess
3) I actually find his sword extremely ugly and stupid
4) The the dragon part was pretty cool i guess, but didn't catch my eye straight away.
5) His name. Probably the main reason I wasn't interested at first.

What i find funny though is that despite what I said in reason 1, if Young Link was announced, I would have been over the moon and on the way to Pluto.

But Pit didn't get buffed...or Duck Hunt...but we got Bayonetta saying "New Do, Dead You", so it's half okay.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Wait, so has Robin changed at all? I can't seem to find anything recorded anywhere. Hearing something about a new jump here though, what's that about?
Just try jumping with him lol. I think Roy got the same buff - it's a lot higher and it makes uthrow almost viable at times

Full hop double LSfair is different because of this now. You can almost chase people in the air with LS aerials and it feels intimidating lol

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Just try jumping with him lol. I think Roy got the same buff - it's a lot higher and it makes uthrow almost viable at times

Full hop double LSfair is different because of this now. You can almost chase people in the air with LS aerials and it feels intimidating lol
But then why on the patch thread it has written down 'No Changes'?

But Pit didn't get buffed...or Duck Hunt...but we got Bayonetta saying "New Do, Dead You", so it's half okay.
BUT ROY DID!!!

Though I do feel sad for Pit

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
But then why on the patch thread it has written down 'No Changes'?
Maybe nobody has reported it yet?

You can probably start the game and notice the difference for yourself. I wish I could joke about Robin buffs but I definitely feel his new jump

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

You can probably start the game and notice the difference for yourself. I wish I could joke about Robin buffs but I definitely feel his new jump
Unfortunately I won't be able to test this since I most likely won't get the update for a while. ;-;

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Okay, so there's this Tyrant that's giving me trouble in Cauldros. Sure, it's only level 39 but it has a lot of health and I lack patience for this particular mission. So I did what any sane person would do and scouted Shulk, Shulk, and Shulk to help me out. I felt that because three Monado Boys would be helping me, I decided that I too must become Shulk.

And before anyone asks the very important question. Yes, we're really feeling it!
I really should start this game back up again. But I finally decided to get decent at smash... eck.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
As a Marth main, I'm very salty that ALL of Roy's aerials have less landing lag.

But on the bright side, it looks like most of Marth's relevant moves got damage and range buffs so I'm glad. For now. If only Mr. Sakurai bothered to reduce the landing lag of Marth's aerials and fix Dancing Blade then I'll be a happy man. Oh, and something something about Lucina getting the same treatment something something.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
But on the bright side, it looks like most of Marth's relevant moves got damage and range buffs so I'm glad. For now. If only Mr. Sakurai bothered to reduce the landing lag of Marth's aerials and fix Dancing Blade then I'll be a happy man. Oh, and something something about Lucina getting the same treatment something something.
They gave Marth range? I haven't heard anything about that. But beside the +1 to everything, Marth does look visually redone, which i'm really happy about honestly.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Robin's new jump
Roll height

Idk if anything else changed

Feel free to check and test out. New jump makes uthrow almost look viable
I've tested this back to back with an outdated 3DS version.

Robin's jump hasn't changed.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Freakin snicker doodles. I swear to god I'm not trying to avoid you or anything Levi-san OTL I'll catch you next time for sure ;_;
If anything this is kind of funny in retrospect. I'll probably be available whenever you're free to do some matches some other time. :b:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Congratulations Corrin! You just won the Skelly award for blandest personality of the whole Smash roster!

You get a consolation prize for being a fun and solid fighter, though. Your Side-B is glorious!

Bayonetta... I may have questioned her inclusion in the past, but now I'm happy she's in. She is very fun and has a good combo game. Plus, I love how lively she is. I love it.

The only things I don't like about her are the learning curve and her recovery.

I played with the new update. Robin's jump was unchanged.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Congratulations Corrin! You just won the Skelly award for blandest personality of the whole Smash roster!
Male Corrin, yeah kind of.

Female Corrin on the other hand puts a lot more emotion into it, and is quite the badass I must say.

:4corrinf: - "Let's do this!"

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Male Corrin, yeah kind of.

Female Corrin on the other hand puts a lot more emotion into it, and is quite the badass I must say.

:4corrinf: - "Let's do this!"
I've seen old oatmeal with more flavor than :4corrin:. :4corrinf:is an improvement, but that's not saying much.

At least you are all taking humor in their blandness. Most of you anyway.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
If anything this is kind of funny in retrospect. I'll probably be available whenever you're free to do some matches some other time. :b:
I'm free practically all day if you're open sometime today.

If we had Japanese voices it be an entirely different story if you ask me. Male Corrin is voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki and female Corrin is voiced by Satomi Sato. Both are really well-known voice actors in the anime industry.

Top Bottom