• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Bro, I love using them, BUT I HATE BOTH OF CORRIN'S ENGLISH VOICES LMAO
Like, it's not a deal breaker, but could they BE more boring? Plus, female Corrin sounds like she's 13

But on the bright side--
Someone on the Marth boards was able to confirm the range buffs on DTilt and Fair
http://smashboards.com/threads/seizon-senryaku-marth-general.366765/page-84#post-20833322
MARF BUFFS <3
He need the range on fair tbh. I also heard Jab 1 to fsmash is a true combo now, not sure if confirmed or not. That would be AMAZING. Ugh, they're small changes but this patch made me love marth even more than I did. Too bad he still isn't all THAT good, but he's still not bad either way, so I'm A-OK with this.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I've seen old oatmeal with more flavor than :4corrin:. :4corrinf:is an improvement, but that's not saying much.

At least you are all taking humor in their blandness. Most of you anyway.
Okay, come on, Corrin isn't THAT bland. I feel that your confusing calmness with blandness a bit. Corrin is just a more cool-headed character in a game with some of video games most bombastic personalities, so he comes off as more "bland."

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Here are my initial thoughts with Corns :4corrin::4corrinf::

• Seems to be a really fast character (dur). That amount of lag (or lack thereof) on moves with that amount of reach make for an insanely good zoning character.
  • Dat Fair tho... it's so good, you could almost say it isn't FAIR. (heheh) I tried to get a double fair followup to a Dthrowb, I could only get one fair out of it. Following up to that dthrow at all is hard enough as it is (dat dthrow tho). I feel like this move should be crazy with the combos, but I haven't found anything major with it yet.
  • Dragon Fang Shot makes for an EXCELLENT defensive move. It's kinda slow, but it's not like the opponent will try to dodge the projectile and punish when you can followup immediately with an attack that powerful. That said, it does seem punishable after the bite.
  • Dragon Lunge is one of the most versatile side specials in this game. It doesn't seem like it'll be too useful in the neutral, but it can be used on hard reads for some extra damage. It also gives Corrin some extra ledge options for recovering, albeit not necessarily better options. It can be punished juts like any recovery, but it still gives him extra choices when you pin it to the ledge. Jumping up from a ledgegrab into Dragon Lunge isn't really a good idea, though. You should go for either the ledge or the lunge, never both.
  • Dtilt seems to have a higher hitbox than others we've seen used by sword users. It can be followed up with an up smash at like 40%, dealing around 20% of damage. Plus, it puts the opponent in the air, and Corrin has enough reach and priority, plus good ground speed, to keep the opponent in the air, so it seems like a simple but effective combo to me.
  • Bair is slow and a little hard to time properly, but it has a big hitbox accompanied by decent knockback. It's one of his only unsafe moves, though.
  • Dair is pretty stankin' fast. It can be hard to react to without a read.
Overall, I think Corrin has the tools to stay safe in the neutral and punish hard when given the opportunity. I think he's bound to make a bang in the meta game.

:4corrinf: - "Let's do this!"
I was all for he-Corrin... until I heard that taunt. :cheep:

Okay, come on, Corrin isn't THAT bland. I feel that your confusing calmness with blandness a bit. Corrin is just a more cool-headed character in a game with some of video games most bombastic personalities, so he comes off as more "bland."
I feel that way about mah boi. :4feroy: Out of the few Americans truly familiar with Binding Blade, I feel like the only person who actually likes him. I guess I'm the only on to interpret 'bland' as 'badass.' :p

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Here's what the CSS looks like with Corrinetta included:

But if you remove Mii Fighter:

It's far better than the 3DS CSS, that's for certain.

Folt

Smash Ace
God damn is Corrin cool to use. Thanks to him, I finally beat 10 enemies in Cruel Smash, and in a fun way too.

Also, I don't think Corrin's male voice is that bad.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
GGs LevinViolin LevinViolin . Those matches were a lot fun (especially since we had our fair share of mess ups xD) Thanks for playing with me!
Good games! I really need to practice against more Links... I have such a hard time with bombs. :p
The matches with Corrin were especially fun. Corrin dittos are something else.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Good games! I really need to practice against more Links... I have such a hard time with bombs. :p
The matches with Corrin were especially fun. Corrin dittos are something else.
You did pretty well honestly. I've mained Link competitively for about 4 years so don't feel too bad lol. Those Corrin dittos were just lulz all around xD

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
It's not so much as them being boring (which they aren't on their own merits, they're a shape shifting water dragon thing for crying out loud!), but rather the VAs not seeming to have put a lot of effort into their lines, which makes them come off as boring in retrospect.
I agree that I exaggerated a bit, and I agree that the VA for:4corrinf: put more effort in. But for the most part, if you listen to their lines, it almost seems like the VAs just wanted to get the recording over with. There is just none of that "oomph" that could've made them more interesting.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Wait till I upload the best Corrin 4 player match of all time.
It's not so much as them being boring (which they aren't on their own merits, they're a shape shifting water dragon thing for crying out loud!), but rather the VAs not seeming to have put a lot of effort into their lines, which makes them come off as boring in retrospect. I agree that I exaggerated a bit, and I agree that the VA for:4corrinf: put more effort in. But for the most part, if you listen to their lines, it almost seems like the VAs just wanted to get the recording over with. There is none of that "oomph" that could've made them more interesting.
Dude Male Corrin's "I won!" win animation channels the greatness that is CD-i Link and thus he is the best period.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Dude, Male Corrin's "I won!" win animation channels the greatness that is CD-i Link and thus he is the best period.
Dammit, now I can't unhear it. And I am smiling at the cheese of it all. :grin:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Hey Rinku リンク Rinku リンク . It wouldn't happen to be possible to get a sig like your's and Izayoi Izayoi 's or at least something similar for me, would it? I like those sigs and would like to have one for myself.

God I love Bayo's smash attacks. This Spongebob joke only makes me like them more.
@Jae worked on the sigs for us, but he's been busy lately. Once I figure out some stuff I'll probably be able to help him with requests as well as editing my own sig. :4pacman:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Hey guys. I have some checkmate percentages on ALL characters INCLUDING Bayonetta and Corrin for when down throw up air is a kill confirm and the latest percent where it will kill before they can di away and airdodge.

http://smashboards.com/threads/throwin-down-reliable-follow-ups-off-dthrow.417369/

Latest post here. Try and download it for future reference and hope you guys use this data wisely!
Excellent work! Will definitely help me with checkmating floaty characters like Rosalina or Jigglypuff :p

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
As a Marth main, I'm very salty that ALL of Roy's aerials have less landing lag.

But on the bright side, it looks like most of Marth's relevant moves got damage and range buffs so I'm glad. For now. If only Mr. Sakurai bothered to reduce the landing lag of Marth's aerials and fix Dancing Blade then I'll be a happy man. Oh, and something something about Lucina getting the same treatment something something.
I would have like if Roy got a range buff to. But then again, that is a bit greedy.

Good argument...but "New Do, Dead You"
Huh?

Congratulations Corrin! You just won the Skelly award for blandest personality of the whole Smash roster!
Even more than GW? Also, why?

:135:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Warchamp's Post Your Roster HD has been updated with Corrin and Bayonetta now!
Made one of my own :D

I have to say I'm really having fun with Corrin, makes me really want to play the games soon. Almost two weeks left! ♥

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I would have like if Roy got a range buff to. But then again, that is a bit greedy.

Huh?

Even more than GW? Also, why?

:135:
Bayonetta's side taunt...she says "New Do, Dead You".

Also...#DeadpoolMovieBoys

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210

Nah

Smash Champion
This is the short version of what it is now:

this is the long version:

Mains:
:4robinf::4corrinf:

Some sort of limbo between the above and below categories:
:4lucina::rosalina:

Has dabbled in to varying degrees and still plays on occasion:
:4myfriends::4falcon::4littlemac::4mario::4falco::4fox::4mewtwo::4samus::4palutena:

Drinking Buddy:
:4zelda:

Top Bottom