• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Remember when I said that I'm drawing FF characters?

Drawing them exactly as they are in their Dissidia art is harder than I thought. Especially the Warrior of Light.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Excellent work! Will definitely help me with checkmating floaty characters like Rosalina or Jigglypuff :p
Keep in mind that fast fallers are super easy to do it on. Meta Knight is arguably the easiest to do it on. Same with Sheik. You don't have to ever full hop before doing the up air. You just click the jump and up air straight away. I only recently mastered the checkmates myself. I didn't even lab it I was just having a normal day of offline friendlies round my mentors house and I randomly 3 stocked him with three checkmates in a row. It was such a happy day. And now I've been nailing checkmates via training mode with his di on so many characters naturally. It just clicked for me man.

But I still find it really hard on characters like Wario (that Wario is like wtf so hard to do it on lmao)

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Keep in mind that fast fallers are super easy to do it on. Meta Knight is arguably the easiest to do it on. Same with Sheik. You don't have to ever full hop before doing the up air. You just click the jump and up air straight away. I only recently mastered the checkmates myself. I didn't even lab it I was just having a normal day of offline friendlies round my mentors house and I randomly 3 stocked him with three checkmates in a row. It was such a happy day. And now I've been nailing checkmates via training mode with his di on so many characters naturally. It just clicked for me man.

But I still find it really hard on characters like Wario (that Wario is like wtf so hard to do it on lmao)
I've been practicing the checkmate long enough to know how easy it is on fastfallers lol. Indeed, the Checkmate is a magnificent thing, and I've even made a point to exclaim "Checkmate" each and every time I land it in tournament :p I just had a noticably harder time getting it on floaties haha

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I've been practicing the checkmate long enough to know how easy it is on fastfallers lol. Indeed, the Checkmate is a magnificent thing, and I've even made a point to exclaim "Checkmate" each and every time I land it in tournament :p I just had a noticably harder time getting it on floaties haha
Yeah like freaking Warios lmao. I get it by holding x for like half a second while my control stick is held up and up airing all at the same time usually, I sometimes hold it right a bit as well.

Again, always hard to explain checkmates I find. Just came instinctively to me. When I first heard about it I tried labbing it in training mode and just couldn't do it. Even gave up the tactic altogether. Just sometimes going for it if I get a throw, but failing. But just happened yesterday so many times in a row out of nowhere without even thinking about it. Now I just know how to do it by doing what I did with my hands on the controller.

If you couldn't tell already, I just do well in smash through feels more than precise knowledge etc etc. I can't explain things, I just know how to do them.

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

We are doing the mains thing again? Might as well post my current main rotation (not counting secondaries and tertiaries)

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
So Fates wont have dual audio, kind of a hassle as the english VA shown so far has been...pretty bad. I never changed voices in Awakening, but I was certainly planning to do it here.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
We are doing the mains thing again? Might as well post my current main rotation (not counting secondaries and tertiaries)
I don't know anyone who has mained more than 2 characters (and done well in tournament) but I guess it's possible, just less time is put into a singular one I always feel and so potential is lost.

At the same time it helps with bad matchups I guess. I only main 2 (Robin is my main, Corrin is possibly going to be a co main if I actually find potential in him/her otherwise it's basically still just 1 main) and I secondary Villager for bad matchups. Corrin may end up just being a secondary too seeing as Corrin looks like he/she helps in really awful Robin matchups.

I just find having too many characters brings more problems long term than solutions. Unless you literally spend hours and hours with each one or are just naturally good with all of them.

D

Deleted member

I don't know anyone who has mained more than 2 characters (and done well in tournament) but I guess it's possible, just less time is put into a singular one I always feel and so potential is lost.

At the same time it helps with bad matchups I guess. I only main 2 (Robin is my main, Corrin is possibly going to be a co main if I actually find potential in him/her otherwise it's basically still just 1 main) and I secondary Villager for bad matchups. Corrin may end up just being a secondary too seeing as Corrin looks like he/she helps in really awful Robin matchups.

I just find having too many characters brings more problems long term than solutions. Unless you literally spend hours and hours with each one or are just naturally good with all of them.
I see what you mean but I don't go to tournaments (nowhere near good enough to be in one anyway) so these are the characters I'm better with than anyone else and the ones I'll pick more than others.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Eh, if you guys are curious
The first 4 are the only ones I'd say I "main", and even then, there's no chance I'd do well competitively. The blue ones are characters I use somewhat frequently but I'm not that great with, purple is characters I use for fun every now and then, but not so commonly. Don't really touch anyone else on the roster after that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Might as well join the trend.

Yeah, i knoooowww. Argh.

Though, there is a chance i might not be able to see it....

:135:
I'm gonna force myself in the theaters so that I can get to see Deadpool.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Corrin going to get $%@!#* by Bayo

I'm gonna force myself in the theaters so that I can get to see Deadpool.
Here's a plan. Dress up in a near perfect replica of Ryan Renolds Deadpool suit. Walk into the cinema acting saying that your Deadpool. If they don't believe, start acting like him (minus the murdering). If all goes well, they'll let you see your movie.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
A little late to the discussion on Corrin but I just got him yesterday and I am loving them. (Although I don't think I'm that good with them)

And since everyone else is doing it, I'm going to post my roster here.
2016-02-05.png

Red is my most used characters.
Blue is still technically my mains but I don't play them as often.

Also
I beat chapter 25 yesterday and got to promote Priscilla and Canas!

I also got Farina but I don't have an image.
I was also surprised that I could get a second Elsyian Whip. I thought there was only one in the game. But I was wrong.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Bandwagoning on the Smash "mains" (more like most played/favourites to play as) thing
SSB4 mains.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I now have a New 3DS
Corrin going to get $%@!#* by Bayo

Here's a plan. Dress up in a near perfect replica of Ryan Renolds Deadpool suit. Walk into the cinema acting saying that your Deadpool. If they don't believe, start acting like him (minus the murdering). If all goes well, they'll let you see your movie.

I...was actually gonna do this(killing not sure if I'll include it unless it gets serious)

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Bandwagoning on the Smash "mains" (more like most played/favourites to play as) thing
Rats, I was going to use the word "bandwagoning" in my post! What's another word? Peer pressure? Well whatever, here's mine.
The order is the order I picked them up as a main. The height indicates how comfortable I feel using them. The color represents how often I use them now. Red = never, Orange = occasionally, Yellow = somewhat/pocket status, Green = full fledged main
thing.png

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So remember how I said that I promoted Priscilla?
Well guess what?
Apparently SHE'S COMPLETELY USELESS!
Caps lock aside, I should probably explain the situation.
So she starts at a rank E in anima when she promotes.
I don't have a Fire tome with Merlinus.
And the shops in both the previous chapter and this one sell Thunder and Elfire respectively.
Why can't they just sell all of the anima tomes (besides Fimbulvetr and Excalibur, for obvious reasons).
Note to self: By A LOT of Fire tomes in chapter 20/21 next play through.
And I was really excited to use her:sadeyes::crying::c:(:sadsheep:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well guess what?
And the shops in both the previous chapter and this one sell Thunder and Elfire respectively.
Why can't they just sell all of the anima tomes (besides Fimbulvetr and Excalibur, for obvious reasons).
Who's Priscilla?

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Well guess what?
I ran into this issue several times in my earlier playthroughs of FE7. I always make sure I have several scrub weapons in stock in all games as a result.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
You know, Marth sounds pretty good. I wonder if Ike sounds okay-

"I'm Ike."

Damn. Better than I fight for my friends, I guess...

Also, Felicia actually sounds alright here. The "WE'VE GOT TROUBLE" must have been one of those weird voice clips that sound slightly different from the rest of the voice clips.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

"I'm Ike."

Also, Felicia actually sounds alright here. The "WE'VE GOT TROUBLE" must have been one of those weird voice clips that sound slightly different from the rest of the voice clips.
"I fight for my friends" is the definition of Ike

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

"I'm Ike."

Wait... is that Yuri Lowenthal for Marth? Yuri voiced Marth in Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. if I remember correctly... Not a fan of Yuri for some reason... For younger characters, sure, but for Marth... Eh, I would have liked someone who sounded more regal or posh like Gideon Emery or smooth like Dan Southworth. OR for funsies, Jamieson Price aka Lu Bu. :p

Can't tell for Ike, but I know Ike had a different voice actor for Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Going to assume they used those voice actors for their appearances in Fates.

Top Bottom