• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ehh...Marth boards have found nothing except for minor damage increases on aerials.
From a video that used some of Marth's moves and not all of them landed... Nobody's going to know until the patch drops if there's anything else. Why the developers let Marth appear in the match knowing frame data hungry players and probably everyone else will notice is beyond me... They could have just let 1.1.3 Marth appear... Stealth buffs that are setting people up for disappoint.

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Frankly, Robin should've been middle of the middle tier, ala D tier, for this first tier list at the very least IMO. Though I suppose we should count our blessings and be grateful that we are officially middle tier as opposed to low.

It would be a dream come true if one day Raziek, Dath, and ESAM's beliefs about :4robinm: were accepted by the community at large and we became feared as a top 20 character :demon:

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Alright, since I decided to translate the runes on the Falchion, thought it was only fair to do the same for our mains :4robinm: :4robinf:
You can actually see the encryption in game but it's mostly just blurred out.

Thunder
REDNUHT

Elthunder
REDNUHTLE

Arcthunder
REDNUHTCRA

Thoron
NOROHT

Just like the Falchion everything is backwards. Apparently the runes are just the name of each book.
Which now that I think about it makes sense since that's what every book does...

Now if only there was a way to get a good quality image of a page....

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
They're from Love Live.
Ak, don't really watch anime unfortunately.

Well, his reliance on his sweet-spot doesn't do him a lot of favors due to it being at the base of his sword, forcing him to be right up close and personal to get any reward, which is far from ideal. There's also issues like his short range, dependance on sweet-spot Smashes to get kills, and similar issues that hold him back.
Yeah, I guess, but unlike say Marth, Roy doesn't need to sweetspot to get early kills. I feel like people forget that Roy has a sweet-sour spot that while doesn't kill super early, can still kill very well and it covers most of his sword. Seriously, the only point i find that can't kill is the very tip. Though i agree about the short range. It is just ridiculous short for a sword.

His fast falling speed also makes him combo food against many characters, plus he has a very linear and not-so-great recovery.
Well, so Does Captain Falcon yet his pretty high on the tier list. #JustSaiyan.

I can't really share my views of that tier list, since we're literally getting two new characters and more than likely getting tweaks and changes to the roster. Not to mention, once we're done with patches, the meta itself will solidify and people will have more matchup experience and more reliable tournament data as well.
Yeah, i guess that is fair enough. Seriously, still don't know why do it now with 2 characters coming soon.

Me friends with @Izayoi ? You must be out of your god damn mind. jk we are best friends and as Skelly stated we consider each other brothers.

It's all basically speculation considering it's the first tier list they've made so I'm honestly pretty indifferent about it. I do consider Robin to be a middle tier character though.
Ah okay. Thanks. I was wondering what the connection was. Once again, i have proven that I am Sherlock Holmes!

Yeah, that's a fair enough answer.

:135:

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Frankly, Robin should've been middle of the middle tier, ala D tier, for this first tier list at the very least IMO. Though I suppose we should count our blessings and be grateful that we are officially middle tier as opposed to low.

It would be a dream come true if one day Raziek, Dath, and ESAM's beliefs about :4robinm: were accepted by the community at large and we became feared as a top 20 character :demon:
Robin is good, and has the potential to be REALLY SCARY, but you have to remember, a good:4pikachu: can totally duck under a lot of attacks, namely the spells (and other moves maybe) and if timed right, can actually run under Arcfire for a good punish. :4mewtwo: might actually be a hard match up for you guys based upon my observations of when Kotor Kotor plays our one freind who is SUPER TERRIFYING as Mootoo.

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Robin is good, and has the potential to be REALLY SCARY, but you have to remember, a good:4pikachu: can totally duck under a lot of attacks, namely the spells (and other moves maybe) and if timed right, can actually run under Arcfire for a good punish. :4mewtwo: might actually be a hard match up for you guys based upon my observations of when Kotor Kotor plays our one freind who is SUPER TERRIFYING as Mootoo.
Matchup talk <3
I'm well aware of the troubles of the :4pikachu: matchup, as one of my crewmates mains him. According to our own Raziek and Dath, Pikachu is one of if not the single worst matchup for us, and I would certainly agree from my own experience. Luckily, all of our bad matchups are perfectly doable, Pikachu's is simply the most bothersome.
Regarding :4mewtwo:, I have learned that approaching a patient mewtwo is a very unsafe thing to do, as the window for getting in successfully is very small. Robins that want to play safe, I think, should find some way to make them lose patience and attempt an approach, and punish accordingly. I guess that sounds kinda lame, but hey, it's tactics :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I might actually try and get and use Donnel.

I've never got him before.
Donnel is a pain to get and level up, but he is worth it when he becomes a Mercenary. With his high luck stat and Aptitude, you will have a 2% chance of a weapon being used.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Well, his reliance on his sweet-spot doesn't do him a lot of favors due to it being at the base of his sword, forcing him to be right up close and personal to get any reward, which is far from ideal. There's also issues like his short range, dependance on sweet-spot Smashes to get kills, and similar issues that hold him back.
While I agree on his sword range not being the best having his sweet-spot near the center of his sword allows him to play as a walling rush-down character. The most ideal way to play Roy is creating a wall and pushing it into your opponent. Sure he has to approach but he has the mobility to do it. Also non-sweet spot aerials can gimp opponents offstage due to the lack of knock back and in turn cancels their momentum while trying to recover.

As far as killing goes he has a handful of other options like F-tilt, U-tilt, B-air, F-air, Up-B and even Blazer. All of these moves can kill and are fairly safe when used correctly.

His fast falling speed also makes him combo food against many characters, plus he has a very linear and not-so-great recovery.
It's true he's combo food but so are characters like :4falcon::4fox::4ryu:and their considered pretty good. It's really a question of how well the character can use their weight to their advantage and in my opinion :4feroy:can use it pretty well.

Despite only being slightly above middle-tier weight he can live pretty damn long with DI thanks to his fall speed (he drops like an anchor when you fast fall). More importantly however is that this helps his aerial game tremendously and allows you to combo your opponent.

His recovery isn't the best but it's not bad in my opinion. It can go twice the distance horizontally if you b-reversal it and if you combine that with your 2nd jump you're pretty set most of the time.

I didn't notice the discussion about :4feroy:till now so I'm just giving my 2 cents considering he's one of my secondaries. I honestly wanted to avoid discussing about the BR tier list since I genuinely disagree with it (:4link:being a low tier joke is getting really old) but I just wanted to stick up for my boi :4feroy:

Nah

Smash Champion
My main issue with the tier list is how it's stratified. I don't see why it needs to be divided into basically 11 different levels, particularly bottom tier having 3. Then personally I'd put Sonic in top tier and have it be Diddy-MK-Mario and not Mario-Diddy-MK.

But it's not something I'm gonna get fussed about, it's not worth it.

Folt

Smash Ace
Glad my first main made it into one of the top 5 levels of goodness (even if it was the lowest level) and my second main made it into the middle level, and also that both made into a tier higher than low tier.

Also happy that more than half of the characters are in the middle tiers and upwards.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Well, so Does Captain Falcon yet his pretty high on the tier list. #JustSaiyan.
Well yes, but Falcon has other advantages that make him a higher tier character than Roy. You can't just compare 1 or 2 aspects of a character at a time to justify why one character should be considered higher or lower on a tier list. It's the combination of all of a characters strengths and weaknesses that determine their tier placement.

- Also, I'd just like to note that I'm not trying to say Roy is a garbage character, because I too believe he should be (a bit) higher on the list. But he certainly does have some noticeable weaknesses.

Last edited:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I feel as if the current tier list is very results based so, in a way, Roy being low tier makes sense since he has little to no representation and I think Roy has no notable tournament results(Feel free to correct me about this). Captain Falcon, on the other hand, does have representation and results in the form of Fatality, Tear Bear, and Max Ketchum.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
"We interrupt this discussion of Tier Lists to bring you these adorable images of Corrin and Robin!"

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So this is happening.
I just want to know one thing. Will we have a boss fight against him?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So this is happening.
I just want to know one thing. Will we have a boss fight against him?
Wouldn't be surprised considering they had a boss fight with that one Uruk that kills Boromir (shocking I know) in LEGO LOTR.
And they have a PS Exclusive level for Threepio called the Phantom Limb.

Nah

Smash Champion
The Vita or the final FINAL boss?
Yeah I mean the final final one. Idk what genius decided to make it so that he zaps your Skell's fuel. And having other enemies join in the boss fight is something I have never liked in games.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Yeah I mean the final final one. Idk what genius decided to make it so that he zaps your Skell's fuel. And having other enemies join in the boss fight is something I have never liked in games.
Thankfully there is just the two Chimera during the whole fight (I think). I just had my teammates focus on them (after the second attempt at the boss fight) while I focused on Lao.

I will never understand how the boss can drain your Skell's gas aside from the developers not wanting you to cheese your way through it.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I just found out that there's a Robin here that lives at the same place that I do.

I'm not saying who, cause I'm, like, sixteen, or whatever, but yeah.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I did more of Fire Emblem 4! It was a lot of fun and stuff! Jamke is broken in this game apparently, I had no idea.

Pairings are going to take forever going by the rate it builds, I wonder if I'll even have it done in time?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I did more of Fire Emblem 4! It was a lot of fun and stuff! Jamke is broken in this game apparently, I had no idea.
If you think Jamke is broken, you're in for a few good surprises later on :p

Pairings are going to take forever going by the rate it builds, I wonder if I'll even have it done in time?
You have a few more chapters to get those sorted out, and they only get bigger from here. Some pairings also have special conversations that boost their love points massively - keep an eye on the "talk" section of their status screens. If you really need to, just put whoever you're pairing up next to each other before seizing the final castle of a map, and wait until turn 50 (at which point they stop gaining love points). There's also the Jealousy system - you can set up complex chains like this to make certain pairs fall in love much quicker (it also has a "bug" that makes a certain incest pairing possible in the second generation, if that's your thing).

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
If you think Jamke is broken, you're in for a few good surprises later on :p

You have a few more chapters to get those sorted out, and they only get bigger from here. Some pairings also have special conversations that boost their love points massively - keep an eye on the "talk" section of their status screens. If you really need to, just put whoever you're pairing up next to each other before seizing the final castle of a map, and wait until turn 50 (at which point they stop gaining love points). There's also the Jealousy system - you can set up complex chains like this to make certain pairs fall in love much quicker (it also has a "bug" that makes a certain incest pairing possible in the second generation, if that's your thing).
I'm going for Noish and Ayra so I can set up broken Myrmidon babbies. That's my goal atm anyways. Also nobody is full on broken quite like Sigurd is so far (he's just...stupid).

If you have any like, cool tips you should send them to me in Conversation cause I could use all the help in the world. RNG is cruel.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm going for Noish and Ayra so I can set up broken Myrmidon babbies. That's my goal atm anyways.
Mmm, interesting choice. I do quite like that one myself, since it's one of the few ways to get the crit skill on Ayra's kids (who can actually make good use of it).

Also nobody is full on broken quite like Sigurd is so far (he's just...stupid).

If you have any like, cool tips you should send them to me in Conversation cause I could use all the help in the world. RNG is cruel.
Just embrace the brokenness of Sigurd. Try to get him up to 50 kills with the Silver Sword as quickly as possible (if you check a weapon's stats, the number next to the star is its kill count), since then it'll gain the Critical skill, and +1 to critical % for each kill between 50-100 (so 100 kills gives 50 base crit, before Skill is factored in). Comes in pretty useful on Seliph in the second generation, since he'll have the Silver Sword right from the beginning. This applies to any weapon in the game, so it may be a good idea to pick a weapon for each character and stick to it, unless the situation specifically calls for another one (e.g. weapon triangle disadvantage, or effective damage weapons like armourslayers). Also, make sure you're using the Arena in the home castle at the start of a chapter, it's a good way to get some quick EXP. Units won't die here if they lose, unlike other games - they just lose the money they wagered, and survive with 1 HP.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I just want to say, if there any Robin mains that are going to become Corrin mains, I just want to say on thing

TRAITORS!!!

HAVE YOU NO LOYALTY?!

Well yes, but Falcon has other advantages that make him a higher tier character than Roy. You can't just compare 1 or 2 aspects of a character at a time to justify why one character should be considered higher or lower on a tier list. It's the combination of all of a characters strengths and weaknesses that determine their tier placement.

- Also, I'd just like to note that I'm not trying to say Roy is a garbage character, because I too believe he should be (a bit) higher on the list. But he certainly does have some noticeable weaknesses.
Yeah, i know that. But all I am saying is they have quiet a few similarities yet they seem leagues apart.

Oh, well that's nice to hear. I am liking Roy a lot lately, more so than Lucina.

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
I just want to say, if there any Robin mains that are going to become Corrin mains, I just want to say on thing

TRAITORS!!!

HAVE YOU NO LOYALTY?!

Yeah, i know that. But all I am saying is they have quiet a few similarities yet they seem leagues apart.

Oh, well that's nice to hear. I am liking Roy a lot lately, more so than Lucina.

Seeing this gif under this context just made me realize how similar that weapon is to a levin sword.
*Brandishes forged levin sword*
TRAITORS!!

Of course, maining both would be 100% acceptable :4robinm::4corrin:

Last edited:

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Seeing this gif under this context just made me realize how similar that weapon is to a levin sword.
*Brandishes forged levin sword*
TRAITORS!!

Of course, maining both would be 100% acceptable :4robinm::4corrin:
It would be funny if someone makes a GIF of that trooper using a Levin Sword against a Kamui.

Top Bottom