• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The best thing about Corrin's inclusion is that we can do a full 8-player match with nothing but Fire Emblem characters!
:4marth:vs:4feroy:vs:4myfriends:vs:4robinm:vs:4robinf:vs:4lucina:vs:4corrin:vs:4corrinf:
What a time to be alive!

Matsushi

True Blood
United Kingdom's PR has been released
congratulations to Matsushi Matsushi for not only being on it after 3 Tourneys, but also being the official best Robin in the UK!
Looks like you beat me to making the post. Ooh Milo. <3

They used :4robinf: instead of :4robinm: but I guess I can work with it. :3

Just a little thank you to Raziek Raziek for helping me get this far with my dearest tactician.
Congratulations to Matsushi Matsushi

Idon't care if I already used this a few pages back
Thank yoouuuuu so much! :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
That was... an eventful day. I blame Takumi for this.

"WHAT?!"

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*When the whole Squad on point*

Let's see... the leader would be Marth, the lancer would be Corrin, the smart guy/gal would be Robin, the big guy would be Ike, the chick would be Lucina, and the sixth ranger would be Roy. Yep, TV Tropes, ahoy! :p

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Let's see... the leader would be Marth, the lancer would be Corrin, the smart guy/gal would be Robin, the big guy would be Ike, the chick would be Lucina, and the sixth ranger would be Roy. Yep, TV Tropes, ahoy! :p
TV tropes actually has that in Fridge Brilliance. Except that Roy's the Lancer and Corrin's the Sixth Ranger.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
So the first official BR tier list is out, and the comments on it are hilarious.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Rinku リンク Rinku リンク and Izayoi Izayoi , are you best friends or something? Cause you have the exalted same sig and I remember seeing those two characters in someone else sig (looking like their from the same anime).

Also, what are you guys opinion of Robin's place meant on the Tier list that was released?

So I went snooping around on the Smash Reddit and I found this:

welp gg marth
Quiet a few characters seem to have tip moves now. But the really question is, how strong is Corrin's fsmash non tipper?

I have a feeling a lot of us will have to make this choice in a couple weeks.

I won't. Why? I don't live in America.

:135:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So the first official BR tier list is out, and the comments on it are hilarious.
Bit disappointed that Robin is as low as he is. Think he's much more of a solid mid-D Tier than just barely above the low tiers.

But oh well. It's not like it changes much.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Bit disappointed that Robin is as low as he is. Think he's much more of a solid mid-D Tier than just barely above the low tiers.

Pretty much exactly how I feel about Greninja's placement. I don't think they're giving enough credit to the POWER OF THE NINJA FROG NO JUTSU! Then again I'm obviously pretty biased. :p

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Pretty much exactly how I feel about Greninja's placement. I don't think they're giving enough credit to the POWER OF THE NINJA FROG NO JUTSU! Then again I'm obviously pretty biased. :p
I feel that same for Roy. Seriously, his our Boy. Why is he so low?

They're brothers, I believe.
Oh, that would explain it.

D

Deleted member

Man I wish Femme Corrin was the main Corrin so we'd get 2 FE ladies with amiibos.
To be honest, I am a bit disappointed that female Corrin isn't the main Corrin. I honestly like female Corrin and her design more than the male.

Hilariously I just found out Awakening has dlc.

Now to replay the game to play all the dlc.
I recommend that you get the treasure maps (Golden Gaffe, EXPonential Growth, and the weapon one). You will get gold, EXP, and weapons without much effort.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, his reliance on his sweet-spot doesn't do him a lot of favors due to it being at the base of his sword, forcing him to be right up close and personal to get any reward, which is far from ideal. There's also issues like his short range, dependance on sweet-spot Smashes to get kills, and similar issues that hold him back.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Rinku リンク Rinku リンク and Izayoi Izayoi , are you best friends or something? Cause you have the exalted same sig and I remember seeing those two characters in someone else sig (looking like their from the same anime).

Also, what are you guys opinion of Robin's place meant on the Tier list that was released?

I can't really share my views of that tier list, since we're literally getting two new characters and more than likely getting tweaks and changes to the roster. Not to mention, once we're done with patches, the meta itself will solidify and people will have more matchup experience and more reliable tournament data as well.

Matsushi

True Blood
Honestly, I couldn't agree more with this official tier list. Perhaps a bit more credit to Robin, I'd personally bump him up to D tier. :emptysheep:

But I also find it quite unorthodox that this tier list was released now, considering that there's gonna be a patch and two additional fighters in a couple days.

I also hear that my bae :4marth: got buffed a ton. Trying not to get my hopes up, but if it's true, aaaaah. :drfacepalm:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
My only real issue with it is solely just the lettering haha.

I went over it through and through and while mid and below will always always be variable, the Top 15 seems set in stone and they seem aware of it because it's reflected proper. I just don't think it needs so many letters, just feel like I'd have used + or - to exemplify the small gaps a bit more accurately.

Otherwise it's ok/10

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Well, his reliance on his sweet-spot doesn't do him a lot of favors due to it being at the base of his sword, forcing him to be right up close and personal to get any reward, which is far from ideal. There's also issues like his short range, dependance on sweet-spot Smashes to get kills, and similar issues that hold him back.
His fast falling speed also makes him combo food against many characters, plus he has a very linear and not-so-great recovery.
Honestly, I couldn't agree more with this official tier list. Perhaps a bit more credit to Robin, I'd personally bump him up to D tier. :emptysheep:

But I also find it quite unorthodox that this tier list was released now, considering that there's gonna be a patch and two additional fighters in a couple days.

I also hear that my bae :4marth: got buffed a ton. Trying not to get my hopes up, but if it's true, aaaaah. :drfacepalm:
THAT AVATAR IS BAE! Can you post a link to the full image?

(Greninja is still too low though, #JustSaiyan)

Matsushi

True Blood
THAT AVATAR IS BAE! Can you post a link to the full image?

(Greninja is still too low though, #JustSaiyan)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Here ya go! It's pretty big~

I know little to nothing about Greninja. ;^;

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Decided to finally try and figure out what those runes engraved on the Falchion say, and translated its:

SNIAMER LLITS ERUTUF EHT TSOL SI ESLE LLA NEHW

No idea what it meant at first but then realized how it's reversed, so then it goes:

WHEN ALL ELSE IS LOST THE FUTURE STILL REMAINS

Kinda makes me wonder who made the new hilt for the Falchion.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Here ya go! It's pretty big~

I know little to nothing about Greninja. ;^;
Your welcome, and thanks for sharing! DAMN the Cipher TCG has some amazing artwork!

Don't worry about it! Not many people do, which is why he tends to get slept on or overlooked. I'd rank him somewhere around the top of Mid Tier, as I don't think he quite has what it takes to be considered a High Tier.

Also, be sure to take everything I say with a grain of salt, as I am FAR from being a "good" player. I'm average-ish at best. :p

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Oh btw since y'all talk about Fire Emblem in here (surprise!) I've been playing Fire Emblem 4 and it is god tier. This OST is like a god fell down and touched my ears.

Love this game rn.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

Me friends with Izayoi Izayoi ? You must be out of your god damn mind. jk we are best friends and as Skelly stated we consider each other brothers.

It's all basically speculation considering it's the first tier list they've made so I'm honestly pretty indifferent about it. I do consider Robin to be a middle tier character though.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
The Salty Zelda and Roys mad their character is so low EHEH
Joking, but in all seriousness, It's seems sort of pointless to release an official tier list with the last patch being released in two days. What's the point? I understand that most likely nothing will change, but the fact that something MIGHT change drastically (biggest example being the marth speculation) is enough reason to wait for me. It's not like you'd have to figure out a valid spot for the two new characters immediately anyway, I mean, that would be beyond reason. All I'm saying it they could have waited another 3 days just to be safe. They're already waited this long.

Top Bottom