• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Congrats! What kind of opponents did you fight?
-Ness
-Scrub Little Mac
-Mega Man (projectile wars ugh)
-Sonic
-Suicidal Zelda
-Lucas
-Jigglypuff

I faced Sonic in the Grand Finals. He gave me some trouble with his absurd rushdown game and online lag, but I came out on top.

Then the hosts wanted to do a money match to take down my "low-level Robin." So I devoured their souls. :evil:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
-Ness
-Scrub Little Mac
-Sonic
-Suicidal Zelda
-Lucas
-Jigglypuff

I faced Sonic in the Grand Finals. He gave me some trouble with his absurd rushdown game and online lag, but I came out on top.

Then the hosts wanted to do a money match to take down my "low-level Robin." So I devoured their souls. :evil:
How much money? ;3

And how salty were they~?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
How much money? ;3

And how salty were they~?
They wanted to do $50 dollars, but I refused to play for money.

Good for them, in the end. The Lucas player quit before we could even reach the third game in our BO5 match. :p

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
They wanted to do $50 dollars, but I refused to play for money.

Good for them, in the end. The Lucas player quit before we could even reach the third game in our BO5 match. :p
I admire your integrity. And well done for rising above their scorn, that must have been very satisfying~ ;3

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
-Ness
-Scrub Little Mac
-Sonic
-Suicidal Zelda
-Lucas
-Jigglypuff

Good job

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
So if I'm hearing this right, Corrin and Bayonetta are set to release on the 4th of February, aka this Thursday.
Said from the mouth of Sakurai himself at Niconico Tokaigi after the character showcase just before grand finals.
Commencing hype :p

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
So if I'm hearing this right, Corrin and Bayonetta are set to release on the 4th of February, aka this Thursday.
Said from the mouth of Sakurai himself at Niconico Tokaigi after the character showcase just before grand finals.
Commencing hype :p
4th in Japan.

3rd in the West, because of how time works here.

D

Deleted member

-Ness
-Scrub Little Mac
-Sonic
-Suicidal Zelda
-Lucas
-Jigglypuff

Congrats, False! I'm glad that you proved them wrong! :)

Also, Scrub Little Mac? I can imagine how that match played out...

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Well, I was honestly ready to drop marth for corrin, since he really did look like marth 2.0
but then I forgot about the fact that this is a patch, and characters can get buffed this happened
Marth's fair confirmed to have a 3% damage increase already (from 10 to 13)
DADDY SAKURAI YOU NEVER FAIL ME, I'M SORRY FOR ALMOST GIVING UP ON MARTH <3

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
SMASH HYYYYYPPPPEEE
YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Now I sit and pray for Pit buffs.

He doesn't need them, but it would be greeeeat~
Don't jinx it by wishing for it...we got Pittoo buffs instead(and we don't need any more edgy players in this world)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Guys...I think Dark Pit is dead, and Pit is now Bayonetta's "little one"/lover/shipmates/whatever else the internet finds in treating about these two paired together. Amen and praise Palutena.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I need an opinion on something. It's awfully late to post this but I figure it would be appropriate since I'll get an answer sooner, likely by morning. Hell, I'm not sure this is the best way to go with what I'm about to say, but I'm going to try and see what happens.

During the time that I've been here, I have enjoyed the company of this social, talking about things of interest and what not. And during that time, well... I developed an attraction for a user that frequents here.

So yeah, I just wanna hear your thoughts on how I should go with this. Hell, feel free to guess who it is, that might actually help me (somehow).
I think I know who it is.....

*theme song plays*

But seriously....*starts writing stuff before seeing*
I have considered talking to her directly, but there is one thing that prevents me from doing this because I don't want it to be awkward. Thing is, she's already taken if I recall. Now I don't want to wish ilk on their relationship or anything, I'm just saying that's the big hurdle for me.

True, I can always fall back on pie, like my mom's buttermilk pie. That stuff's divine.

Hints? It's a lovely lady who's over 18. I'll give you that for right now.
well then. Never mind.

Okay it's real simple, imma walk you through the necessary steps! All ya gotta do is have confidence, charm, and SW4G!
Just look at this image for all the inspiration you will ever need in your life!

Okay, what actually is this came and where/when can i get it?!

This is just hilarious XD!

Okay, so there's this Tyrant that's giving me trouble in Cauldros. Sure, it's only level 39 but it has a lot of health and I lack patience for this particular mission. So I did what any sane person would do and scouted Shulk, Shulk, and Shulk to help me out. I felt that because three Monado Boys would be helping me, I decided that I too must become Shulk.

And before anyone asks the very important question. Yes, we're really feeling it!
Well, i guess you could say.....*puts on glasses*..... Now it's Shulk time!

The only name I don't like is Laslow... Why not just call him Lazlo like someone who isn't an idiot would?
I think they're all pretty good. Even Laslow. Though I guess it is spelled weird.

>Benny
>BENNY
Benoit sounds much cooler than Benny imo.
Other than that, the names are pretty fine actually. Wish they didn't unecessarily remove the letter 'u' from Saizou and Kagerou but its fine overall.
What's wrong with Benny?

Can someone with photoshop just do me a favor
>Lazlow
You see what I'm saying?
Well, seems you've got this organised.

:135:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well than ****, I'll get proven wrong.
Ikr. There's already people who saw first screenings/roughly final drafts saying it's the best superhero movie of all time(and emotionally darker than the rest of the MCU movies, so that makes me even more hyped to see it on my birthweek)

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It sounds really silly for someone who looks like he murdered people a few times in his life.

That, and he managed to tame a bear at one point. I demand for Bear Riders to be a thing for FE15 or riot.
View attachment 94466
Maybe that's the joke. His a tough guy but his got a stupid name.

It's from Great Detective Pikachu, it was just recently announced.

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/great-detective-pikachu-first-details-screenshots

Also 110% necessary Corrin and Bayonetta hype!

Gods, it looks hilarious and amazing XD. I want it!

Also, i heard about it. Feb 3. So soon. Plus add on Fates (still need a release date Nintendo) and Deadpool.... how can it get any better?!

Also, while i'll play Corrin from time to time, I might not main him. Why? Robin is the one and only avatar for me and always will be.

Folt

Smash Ace
There's a very good reason why they changed that. Look up a wrestler named Chris Benoit if you want to know why.

Anyway, I found this recently released GameXplain video showcasing all of the new HW Legends characters on the Wii U!

Unfortunately, according to this buying Legends was necessary to get a code to play as these characters on Wii U, and it would seem that the code doesn't add the new story modes to Wii U at all. Of course, Nintendo could just be waiting to release the new content for Wii U as separate DLC down the line to try and maximize the sales of Legends at release, and who knows how things will turn out once the Western release rolls around. Guess all we can do is wait and see.
The reason for this is probably because of Legends' other changes. Everything about it seems to be for rebalancing issues and to take the character swap mechanic and new features (Plus Weapons meaning you'll naturally deal more damage even with the level cap going back to 99, Owl Statues helping warriors get around if they cannot bring teammates to potentially cover the other side of the map, etc.) into consideration.

Also, we're likely never going to see the Wind Waker or Linkle stories, because of the nature of the characters (they're treated the same as Twili Midna, Toon Link, and Tingle for their playable appearances on Wii U: No exclusive stuff but they don't need to gather Heart Containers and unlock weapons naturally through mission play rather than as rewards from a stage). The Wind Waker map however is a possibility once they've changed up the missions a bit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Maybe that's the joke. His a tough guy but his got a stupid name.

Gods, it looks hilarious and amazing XD. I want it!

Also, i heard about it. Feb 3. So soon. Plus add on Fates (still need a release date Nintendo) and Deadpool.... how can it get any better?!

Also, while i'll play Corrin from time to time, I might not main him. Why? Robin is the one and only avatar for me and always will be.

Captain Americ Civil War and Zelda Wii U also releasing in February would make it even better.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
It sounds really silly for someone who looks like he murdered people a few times in his life.

That, and he managed to tame a bear at one point. I demand for Bear Riders to be a thing for FE15 or riot.
View attachment 94466
Benoit's gimmick is that he looks menacing but is actually a kind person. A name like Benny certainly fits with the character. And then there's Chris Benoit.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Welp, I ended up preordering Birthright yesterday due to a drought of games to play and Odin Sphere coming out much later than I thought with its june release date. Benny is a hilarious change for Bennoit too, so much less serious sounding.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I already posted this over at Corrin Social, but I cannot tell you just how excited I am for Wednesday..

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
*whatever*
THIEF!!! HAVE YOU NO SHAME?! NO SENSE OF DIGNITY???! NO HONOR?!?!?!?!?!

I HOPE YOU ARE WELL PREPARED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF USING THAT AVATAR!!!!!!

Finally heading to my first local. Here we come 50th place!
Good luck! And have some confidence in yourself!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
THIEF!!! HAVE YOU NO SHAME?! NO SENSE OF DIGNITY???! NO HONOR?!?!?!?!?!

I HOPE YOU ARE WELL PREPARED FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF USING THAT AVATAR!!!!!!

Good luck! And have some confidence in yourself!
What a loyal man

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Last night, the Monado Boys raided that base with a bunch of level 50 enemies in Oblivia. We even had a Tyrant drop by to say hello. There were a lot of "I'm really feeling it!" said during the raid.

Top Bottom