• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
1. It's not one
2. Don't worry, you'll just pull a Mario/Bowser and reappear.
3. Because we're smart people...but also Stone Cold crazy
4. The Robin boards used to be a place with equal amount of color...well it was until the Blue empire attacked. I'm now the sole survivor in this crazy and sickened war.
1. That's what I figured...
2. *1-up jingle*
3. :4robinm:?
4. Fight on, my friend. Fight on...

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I just want to say that this thread has been giving me quite a few laughs this past hour so thanks for that. :colorful:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I just want to say that this thread has been giving me quite a few laughs this past hour so thanks for that. :colorful:
We at the Robin Social Thread are glad to have entertained you with our playful shenanigans!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
GGs IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight . That was a lot of fun. Kinda've unfortunate our last match lagged out lol. Thanks for playing with me.

Anyone else up for some rounds?
Sorry the internet kinda died there. I would've gotten back to you here the moment the match ended, but it was actually a universal backout. Couldn't get on Smashboards. :p

Thanks for playing, though! It's nice to be able to fight a player of your skill level, as it's been a while since I've had any matches that intense.

Before I ask for advice, I'd like to sum up problems I already believe I have.

I really think I should start memorizing frame data. As witnessed, I have trouble against overwhelming opponents like you, and it doesn't help that Link basically eliminates the option to shield in the neutral game (not to mention, there's really no such thing as "neutral game" with Meta Knight. Heheh). Memorizing the frames would help me be more aware of my options in more fast-paced battles. I also suppose I could've gone for better gimps. Other than that, I just need to get rid of a few habits and learn how to properly read. :p

Any advice for me? (other than stop with the poor reads)? Also, what would you say my ranking as a player is? And be honest; I can't judge how to push my training if I don't know where I stand among players.

Thanks again! :grin:

:4metaknight:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Sorry the internet kinda died there. I would've gotten back to you here the moment the match ended, but it was actually a universal backout. Couldn't get on Smashboards. :p

Thanks for playing, though! It's nice to be able to fight a player of your skill level, as it's been a while since I've had any matches that intense.

Before I ask for advice, I'd like to sum up problems I already believe I have.

I really think I should start memorizing frame data. As witnessed, I have trouble against overwhelming opponents like you, and it doesn't help that Link basically eliminates the option to shield in the neutral game (not to mention, there's really no such thing as "neutral game" with Meta Knight. Heheh). Memorizing the frames would help me be more aware of my options in more fast-paced battles. I also suppose I could've gone for better gimps. Other than that, I just need to get rid of a few habits and learn how to properly read. :p

Any advice for me? (other than stop with the poor reads)? Also, what would you say my ranking as a player is? And be honest; I can't judge how to push my training if I don't know where I stand among players.

Thanks again! :grin:

:4metaknight:
It's all good lol. You have a pretty good Meta Knight and Robin going there honestly. Shield in my opinion is actually one of the best options against Link (especially if you know how to perfect shield).

Considering his grab is a tether it can be dodged and avoided easier than normal grabs. Even if he does manage to grab you most of his grab setups are very "read" dependent as anything guaranteed is pretty situational.

I've been a Link main for about 4 years now and I'll tell you now that going for a grab isn't really worth the risk of missing sometimes.

As far as advice goes, I'd look into learning how to deal with projectiles. Your CQC is pretty good but you seem to have trouble finding a way in and approaching.

I would advise not using Side-B with :4metaknight:in neutral considering it has a lot of start up and can be DI'd out of which can get you punished pretty hard.

I'd say you're a tiny bit above average, you seem to have a grasp of what to do but just need practice in executing it.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I read that Ophelia got the highest out of all female children in a japanese poll. This pleases me.

Top Bottom