• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I got mostly all the DS on my birthday. I even got the 1st 3DS along with Oot on my birthday

No fast food place should have night hors. Imagine the type of people that come there late at night
OoT was the first game I got with mine, alongside Pkmn X and New Leaf. I still play OoT (just beat another playthrough a week ago) and X (still working on the damn national Pokedex).

Animal Crossing is such a great game, but lets be honest: who here still plays it. :rotfl:

I can play you after AmericanDJ AmericanDJ if you're still up for it.
That'll give me time to mentally gear up.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
No fast food place should have night hours. Imagine the type of people that come there late at night
That's what I kept saying. NO place should be open longer than 15 hours unless it's important. And the people that came in (at least for me) weren't all that bad, mostly people getting off their own night shifts, the occasional stoner with the munchies and high schoolers.

Although, this one time I did get this one chick that ordered a pretty good amount of food, she wanted it all fresh and we were just about to close. The look the grill guy gave me...

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
OH yeah there are people that still play new leaf, I'm sure
Maybe somewhere in the wide world. But nobody that I know of. :rotfl:

On the topic of Animal Crossing, is anybody here interested in Amiibo Party? My bro kind of is now, much to my surprise. It doesn't seem too interesting, but I suppose it looks better than most Mario Party games in my mind.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Maybe somewhere in the wide world. But nobody that I know of. :rotfl:

On the topic of Animal Crossing, is anybody here interested in Amiibo Party? My bro kind of is now, much to my surprise. It doesn't seem too interesting, but I suppose it looks better than most Mario Party games in my mind.
*raises hand* Although I got flack for saying Im interested in it

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
" But those bad reviews"
" Thats not an Animal Crossing game"

Most of the arguments are " But the reviews for the game were bad"
That makes me angry. Let me say that again in big, red, bolded, italicized, all-caps letters to put extra emphasis on this statement.

THAT MAKES ME ANGRY!!!!

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
GGs AmericanDJ AmericanDJ . Sorry for kinda tossing you around, hope you still had fun. Thanks for playing with me.
Some advice I can give you is to NOT jump after getting out of hit stun. Doing so will limit your options and allow your opponent to take advantage of you. You should also try to incorporate more grabs and tilts into your play style. Empty short hopping into grabs works wonders. If you keep practicing you're sure to get better.

P.S Don't feel bad about the counter baits, you can ask Izayoi Izayoi about it.

That'll give me time to mentally gear up.
Would you be ready to play now?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
They don't correspond to anything like how the Awakening kid's birthdays were the release dates for the Fire Emblem games. They're basically in for fun, much like the hubba tester from Awakening.
Does the Hubba Tester return? That thing cracked me up.

Speaking of which (and this is totally not because I've got nothing better to talk about), does anybody here share a birthday with any of the characters/games? I know I do.

Can't be nearly as stupid as to how they included the child characters in Fates.
8/24. No idea. (That's 24/8 for you strange non-Americans out there)

Who are you guys gonna marry for your first runs of each path in Fates?

Hoshido: Setsuna or Oboro
Nohr: Luna or Nyx
Third Route: Setsuna or Elise

:p
Dunno yet. I want to find out more about the characters before I make that decision.

>sees waifu war for Fates waifus
>no mention of female Kamui

>smh filthy casuals
>she won a popularity poll for a reason
That's a REALLY nice piece of artwork.
Fem Kamui is a Waifu. If you don't believe me, ask my phone's wallpaper:

In other news, I played Smash Brothers again today for the first time since Splatoon was launched. I played against my brothers. One's a Pit(too) the other is an Ike. I still can beat them both. Though I am rusty. I HAVE to learn to shield Pit(too)'s Forward B. My brother abuses that move so much and it's SO easy to counter. If I can do that, I won't just beat him anymore. I'll DESTROY him.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"Almost, please-"
"Put the gun down, now!"
"Don't do this!"
"Drop your weapon!"
RRRRAAAAHHHHH!
Silly one, that was an androdic clone you shot down.
*super sexual but manly laughter...should stop playing Nintendo*
NOW YOU MUST ****ING DIE YOU SON OF A PIECE OF ****!

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
GGs AmericanDJ AmericanDJ . Sorry for kinda tossing you around, hope you still had fun. Thanks for playing with me.
Some advice I can give you is to NOT jump after getting out of hit stun. Doing so will limit your options and allow your opponent to take advantage of you. You should also try to incorporate more grabs and tilts into your play style. Empty short hopping into grabs works wonders. If you keep practicing you're sure to get better.

P.S Don't feel bad about the counter baits, you can ask Izayoi Izayoi about it.
If by that he means the charging a smash and waiting for me to counter...I know it all too well. I usually don't bother challenging it. If I do, it's during the last few frames where he cannot charge anymore. Happens rarely, though. Just go for the safest plan.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Silly one, that was an androdic clone you shot down.
*super sexual but manly laughter...should stop playing Nintendo*
NOW YOU MUST ****ING DIE YOU SON OF A PIECE OF ****!
Few things.
1. I don't remember this reference.
2. But wait, if I die, you'll lose a part of your mind!
3. How come every conversation we have dissolves into weird shenanigans?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Yes it does!

I wasted so much time on that thing in Awakening... Guess I'll do it again in Fates!! I like how it now looks like their expression changes depending on the feelings. Awakening didn't do that.

Also, does Azura's portrait change between the games? I think her outfit does. Does her portrait as well? Also, which outfit does she use in the Third Path?

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
So it was just in pre-release/promotional artwork that her outfit was different?
The dark blue suit only appears in the dance scene in the Conquest version of the game. Sucks that it doesn't get used during gameplay; it feels like a missed opportunity IMO.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Few things.
1. I don't remember this reference.
2. But wait, if I die, you'll lose a part of your mind!
3. How come every conversation we have dissolves into weird shenanigans?
1. It's not one
2. Don't worry, you'll just pull a Mario/Bowser and reappear.
3. Because we're smart people...but also Stone Cold crazy
4. The Robin boards used to be a place with equal amount of color...well it was until the Blue empire attacked. I'm now the sole survivor in this crazy and sickened war.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Her dark outfit is only in the CG cutscenes. Everything else, she's in her white outfit.
That's gonna be jarring as all get out...

Edit: I can understand why, fewer assets, less memory, less artwork needed to doll out etc. etc. It's still going to be REALLY jarring. It was like changing classes in Awakening: everyone's is based on their default, starting class. So when they're in different classes it looks odd in the cutscenes. Some classes could get away with it (usually the evolved class of the character's base) but when you had sidestepped (eg: Running the Female Avatar to Pegasus Knight/Dark Rider for Galeforce) it could be jarring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom