• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
good news, everyone!

i am now 0.8% less cancerous with robin than i was when i picked her up. i can do checkmates and i know about tome usage and stuff.

related: wario makes people super salty.

good times~

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Looks like the blokes over at the MKGD were upset by my sudden intrusion on their dweeb-free thread. Oops...

:4metaknight:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Your Dark Pit scared me. I was really nervous during that fight. xD
Also, I feel embarrassed for falling into two Rests in a row. I cri.
If you think her Pit/Dark Pit is scary, fight mine(even worse than hers...in a good way that is)

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Using the first projectile on Elwind only to learn that's your last and then falling to your death is perhaps the most frustrating way to die with Robin.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Your Dark Pit scared me. I was really nervous during that fight. xD
Also, I feel embarrassed for falling into two Rests in a row. I cri.
Heh I don't think I played mine to the extent that I can but thanks :roll:

And really you shouldn't be embarrassed about getting hit by a rest lol
Rest (hit or miss) will usually happen when your fighting Jiggs

You just gotta be on your toes~

I'll play you if you want, mind giving me a few minutes?
'K I'll add you~

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Using the first projectile on Elwind only to learn that's your last and then falling to your death is perhaps the most frustrating way to die with Robin.
Yep.
I've cried so many times cause of it-- I really wish it was a book that didn't ran out or had twice as many usages than it has now.

Heh I don't think I played mine to the extent that I can but thanks :roll:

And really you shouldn't be embarrassed about getting hit by a rest lol
Rest (hit or miss) will usually happen when your fighting Jiggs

You just gotta be on your toes~
I was on my toes. But I tripped and fell for it. :pow:

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Another 3DS buddy, yay. I can play if you're still around
Sure, I went afk for a few minutes, but I'm back for a while.
I'll add you.

EDIT: Well, shucks. Your FC isn't listed. Let me know!

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Nah Nah , please forgive my excessive use of furry stomp. Aside from the fact that it's the reason Suplex Kirby is one of my favorite copy abilities, it's really fun to use in Smash. :p

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I wish I could join you all, but schoolwork beckons my attention.

~Ohhhhhhh, the college life is a wonderful life...~

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
FOOTSTOOL OF DEATH!

MWUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :troll: (didn't actually do that on purpose, but whatever...)

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Yeah, that input lag is baaaaad. We should try another time for sure! Good games though! Nice Shulk! you should work on being a tad less aggressive with Robin though.
Yeah, that was fun. I find that lag really screws me up though. I tend to favor offense with lag around, since input lag when shielding makes me super grab bait instead of regular grab bait.
Pretty sure the lag was on my end.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Sorry for the lag Nah Nah . Someone randomly decided to get on Vudu without telling me and killed the internet for everyone. :p

Nice moves, BTW. It's very clear to me that you've improved significantly; I think your a top-notch player. Your Robin has near-complete control over the stage, and your Rosalina is almost impossible to touch. You knew how to adapt your strategy based on what I was doing. I can tell you've been practicing. I don't know if there's anything I can tell you to help you improve at this point. I guess I could watch the replays and try. :kirby:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Yeah ggs~

You have a solid Link and Ike. Now I'm really interested in you and @The Soulless One fight~ :awesome:

I was sorta rushing with Dark Pit in out last match sorry :V
Haha it's alright and thanks~ Your Rosa and Dark Pit were quite legit as well. (Dat :4jigglypuff:was no joke AETHER either)

I dunno about that, Soul knows how to bomb slide and I don't lol. I'm not sure if I'd put much of a fight against him.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Haha it's alright and thanks~ Your Rosa and Dark Pit were quite legit as well. (Dat :4jigglypuff:was no joke AETHER either)

I dunno about that, Soul knows how to bomb slide and I don't lol. I'm not sure if I'd put much of a fight against him.
Aw thankzies~

lmao at all my quick attack miss inputs :4pikachu:

Is bombsliding a necessary tech for :4link:?

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Aw thankzies~

lmao at all my quick attack miss inputs :4pikachu:

Is bombsliding a necessary tech for :4link:?
It happens xD

Bombsliding is incredibly useful and is probably the one AT that is a "must" when playing at the highest levels of the competitive scene as a Link main.

I use to do it all the time in Brawl but the controls for it are different now so I haven't really bothered doing it anymore. I'm basically the one scrub Link main who just throws his bombs because f**k the system.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Sorry for the lag Nah Nah . Someone randomly decided to get on Vudu without telling me and killed the internet for everyone. :p

Nice moves, BTW. It's very clear to me that you've improved significantly; I think your a top-notch player. Your Robin has near-complete control over the stage, and your Rosalina is almost impossible to touch. You knew how to adapt your strategy based on what I was doing. I can tell you've been practicing. I don't know if there's anything I can tell you to help you improve at this point. I guess I could watch the replays and try. :kirby:

Ah, I thought that it'd be something on my end causing the lag at the end there but I guess not. But hey, we were able to get in some GGs anyway :)
There's gotta be something you can think of though and I still maintain that I'm not a top-notch player or anything but we've been through that before

Unfortunately can't think of anything for your Meta Knight; seems pretty solid to me and you just have to keep honing what you've got already I think. But there are a few little things I can think of for your Kirby though. Most obvious thing is the overuse of the Hammer, it's kinda laggy and limits Kirby's mobility even more when you hold the charge and I think it's more the kind of thing you save for hard reads/punishes. You wanna mix up the timing on reverting back from Stone form, always not reverting until after hitting the ground makes it easy to get a punish off of. Then also there's Kirby's multiple jumps; a lot of what will give me trouble against other Kirbys online is when they kinda hover at the edge of my range and sort of float in the air via jumps and airdodge. Makes it hard to pick the right time to attack and Robin/Rosa can't stay in the air as long as he can (or I just don't know how to deal with that thing lol). Needs moar Dair too. Hopefully that is of some help to you.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"Nick/Viacom still gets a good amount of money from the amount of people streaming it on their website or on iTunes, and seeing as how (and I hate to say this, but) television is slowly dying, a lot of networks seem to get more money from streaming than ratings on the channel.
And because of this, ratings for animated shows aimed at children have, in general, been dropping. I mean, the three major networks aimed at children have easy-to-access apps for smartphones. It's easier than ever for them to watch their favorite shows without ever even touching the TV remote, and the networks still get money (and, in a way, ratings) from streaming."

Life's most truthful modern cartoon logic ever

Top Bottom