• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
That was the joke
Since
it's still there
but took away two other stages that moved
I'll try harder next time senpai
these people are aware of my existence and want me to suffer

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I never understood what the deal was with Pits who aim the bow in 300 different directions before finally shooting it at you. I mean you're going to shoot the thing at me eventually, why not just get on with it?
Maybe they are wasting time while the move charges?

:135:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I never understood what the deal was with Pits who aim the bow in 300 different directions before finally shooting it at you. I mean you're going to shoot the thing at me eventually, why not just get on with it?
You can only hold the charged arrow for so long before it fires on its own, but the timer pauses when Pit's changing the direction he's aiming in. So if you want to hold the charge you have to spaz out on the control stick.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
people being angry about NOA using memes, when we kinda ran My Body is Ready into the fround.
Oh. Really? That seems silly. I mean, if they are used at the wrong time they can be annoying, but if used correctly, they can be quiet funny. Just look at the Deadpool video game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
FE6 remake change wishlist:

-Reduce the defense boost of Gates by 1, and the Avoid Rate by 10.
-Have Guinevere be a late game healing unit ala Elincia.
-Greater abundance of Gaiden chapters/Paralogues.
-Support library
-Increase the accuracy of Axes. Iron Axe Acc. 55 wtf
-Increase the durability of the Eight Weapons.
-Explore the history of Idoun, the Dragons, and Arcadia further, so the ending isn't anticlimactic as all hell.
-Playable Eliwood lategame if certain conditions are met.
-Canas not killed by continuity errors
-Greater backstory illuminating the fates of Lyn, Hellene, Pent, Louise, etc.
-Cutscene of Zephiel busting out of the coffin to stab Desmond in the chest. I want to see that.
-Secret Shop near the end doesn't sell Boots. I was able to one-round Endgame because of that. :/

Nah

Smash Champion
It was some good matches but like it kinda shows my issues with my defense.
I could think of a few pointers for you if you want, maybe upload a video or two

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
THe perfect avatar for me, and the sole reason I'm going to pick up little mac.
Thanks Idol side of the internet.
Changing the direction constantly increases the charge time. Same amount of power, but longer wait. Mindgames and stuff like that. If the player is impatient they'll drop and shield and then boop, free percent, and possibly a follow up grab or dash attack. Granted if the player is safe and patient it's useless and just for fun, because it's just plain funny watching them spin like that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
http://demshinypokeballs.tumblr.com/post/132116630950/alans-edge-is-going-to-be-off-the-charts-in

>One scene depicts Ash and the Kalos gang having a good time
>Scene showing alongside it shows Alain seemingly breaking down emotionally and mentally over a seemingly dead Manon.

It's like looking at Yugioh Zexal and Yugioh 5DS side by side.
Which Yugioh was it with that kid with the Tomato hair crying in the most heartbreaking way, by smiling while doing so

found it, it was Arc-V

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
That would help actually, I really need to improve on it.
Quick Attack>Skull Bash for recovery on Pika. QA's a pretty good (recovery) move because of the speed and the fact that you can move at all kinds of different angles, allowing you to mix-up your recovery with just QA. Skull Bash is slower, and very linear and telegraphed.

Don't use Fsmash with Ike. Like at all. The startup and endlag on that thing is horrendous. You also don't want to use Aether as an on-stage landing tool that much either. Doing that gives a lot of time to get into position to punish. Eruption's not really any better in that regard either. Quick Draw also doesn't really work as an offensive move, since Ike has to sit there while charging it and it gives time to avoid it, particularly on stages with platforms. It's fairly good for recovery though. You also need to make use of more of his moves. I know that dash attack and counter was puttin' in work for you there but Ike's jab and aerials are pretty nice too.

In general it kinda seemed like you'd just hit buttons whenever I'd get near you or look like I was gonna approach you. You also hardly ever grabbed. Gotta go for the grabs, they're hella useful in this game. Lotta characters start combos and/or get kills with it. And when you were trying to edgeguard me and cover my ledge get-up options you were way too preemptive with them and so I could just wait for you to fling out some attack and then recover. React to how I'm trying to get back to the stage and try to read what I'll try to do, especially against characters like Robin and Space Princess&Star Cheese Baby who have few recovery/landing mixups and an upB the doesn't offer significant protection.

Besides trying to work on some of the above stuff, you'll wanna learn some of the basic combos of your characters. You were sorta lacking that too. The Pika boards and @XenoBrawler610 would know better than I do but I think on Pika Dthrow>Utilt>Utilt>SH aerial is a thing at very low percents and there's Dthrow/Uthrow>Thunder if they don't DI away from you. I think Ike gets like Dthrow>Aether from 0%-20% and Uthrow>Fair or something too, ask the Ike boards for more.

.....hopefully that's of some use, dunno if I articulated that well at all.

I'll look and see which replays are uploadable tomorrow and post 'em here.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The new South Park episode is about Yaoi, and so far it's making me spill my sides!

D

Deleted member

Can some please explain this joke cause I don't get it.

It's based off of a meme known as Doge. The meme uses phrases like "So ___. Such ___."

The day when Falco becomes viable again.

Holy hell, that bird sounded like Kefka for the first few seconds.

...Speaking of which, I should call Nintendo to help fix my Internet problems on my Wii. After playing Chrono Trigger (which is freaking AMAZING), I wanna play other RPGs... like Final Fantasy VI.

Besides trying to work on some of the above stuff, you'll wanna learn some of the basic combos of your characters. You were sorta lacking that too. The Pika boards and @XenoBrawler610 would know better than I do but I think on Pika Dthrow>Utilt>Utilt>SH aerial is a thing at very low percents and there's Dthrow/Uthrow>Thunder if they don't DI away from you. I think Ike gets like Dthrow>Aether from 0%-20% and Uthrow>Fair or something too, ask the Ike boards for more.
Down throw to u-tilt > u-tilt > short hop aerial is a thing with Pikachu at lower percents. You can even follow-up with an up-air and perhaps another up-air, as well as forward-air or back-air. If you are good with your reads and movements, you can chain up to four up airs with Pikachu!
Up throw to Thunder is a good finisher, but it is very DI dependent.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Nintendo's first mobile game has been revealed during the investor's meeting.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Hi! I'm a Robin secondary. Any tips for For Glory?
Which Yugioh was it with that kid with the Tomato hair crying in the most heartbreaking way, by smiling while doing so

found it, it was Arc-V
Zuzu>Akiza>>Alexis>>>>>>>>Téa>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tori

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Quick Attack>Skull Bash for recovery on Pika. QA's a pretty good (recovery) move because of the speed and the fact that you can move at all kinds of different angles, allowing you to mix-up your recovery with just QA. Skull Bash is slower, and very linear and telegraphed.

Don't use Fsmash with Ike. Like at all. The startup and endlag on that thing is horrendous. You also don't want to use Aether as an on-stage landing tool that much either. Doing that gives a lot of time to get into position to punish. Eruption's not really any better in that regard either. Quick Draw also doesn't really work as an offensive move, since Ike has to sit there while charging it and it gives time to avoid it, particularly on stages with platforms. It's fairly good for recovery though. You also need to make use of more of his moves. I know that dash attack and counter was puttin' in work for you there but Ike's jab and aerials are pretty nice too.

In general it kinda seemed like you'd just hit buttons whenever I'd get near you or look like I was gonna approach you. You also hardly ever grabbed. Gotta go for the grabs, they're hella useful in this game. Lotta characters start combos and/or get kills with it. And when you were trying to edgeguard me and cover my ledge get-up options you were way too preemptive with them and so I could just wait for you to fling out some attack and then recover. React to how I'm trying to get back to the stage and try to read what I'll try to do, especially against characters like Robin and Space Princess&Star Cheese Baby who have few recovery/landing mixups and an upB the doesn't offer significant protection.

.....hopefully that's of some use, dunno if I articulated that well at all.

I'll look and see which replays are uploadable tomorrow and post 'em here.
I kinda feel the forgetting to grab is me getting panicked when playing people better than me, like if I'm playing @AureusVulpes, i'm grab city with Pika, but yeah, I'm probably gonna have to force myslef to grab more/not get so panicked as much anymore.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
My brain feels like mush after all that. Good games Moydow Moydow that was a lot of fun.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It's based off of a meme known as Doge. The meme uses phrases like "So ___. Such ___."
Down throw to u-tilt > u-tilt > short hop aerial is a thing with Pikachu at lower percents. You can even follow-up with an up-air and perhaps another up-air, as well as forward-air or back-air. If you are good with your reads and movements, you can chain up to four up airs with Pikachu!
Up throw to Thunder is a good finisher, but it is very DI dependent.
Oh, I've heard of Doge but never really understood it.

God dam Pika and his combo.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
A friend of mine linked me this and i'm dying
for all of us falcon mains here
some things never change....
talking like Princess Marf and Ridlchrom can hold a candle to the Humble Villager of Talys...
:mad088:
Someday I hope you will understnd the error in your words

Top Bottom