• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I'm actually considering picking Robin up too since he/she is the only FE character I don't play lol. But my best friend Izayoi mains female Robin and refuses to share the waifu love.
Gtfo. She's the only character left in MY roster that you don't know how to play. ;-;

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
He's great in Smash but his character.

ugh.
Oh yeah. The stigma of FE Roy still lives for you. I find it a little odd how Roy is beloved by Smash fans but among FE fans, the reactions are either meh or ugh.

I guess if FE6 and FE7 were ever remade, what changes would you like to see?

Anyone can answer this question if they have something in mind. It's not just for Yaki to answer.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Hail to the Knight, baby.

How's it been hanging up in here?
Wait...
What's that in the sky...?
...Hey, could it be...?!
Meta Knight!
Dunununununununununun
Meta Knight!

It's going pretty good.

Oh yeah. The stigma of FE Roy still lives for you. I find it a little odd how Roy is beloved by Smash fans but among FE fans, the reactions are either meh or ugh.

Anyone can answer this question if they have something in mind. It's not just for Yaki to answer.
I'd like to see Lyn actually important in FE7 and acknowledged in 6. That'd be swell. Oh, and an earlier promotion for Roy, as well as some mistakes coming from him.

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868

I'd like to see a dual packaging of the two.

For those wondering why I despise Roy, I loved him in Melee, he matched my playstyle perfectly. But everything changed during my Sealed Sword run, since RNG decided to give my roy some of the worst growths possible, and his late promotion did not help at all. For me, Liliana was the protag of this game as she actually did damage while Roy just continued to suffer.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

While I've never played Binding Blade and only played a tiny bit of Rekka no Ken, if I had to make changes to the games based on what I know, I'd change:

FE6:

Tweak Binding Blade's dialogue to make Roy more tolerable.

Make Roy promote earlier. For the love of it all make Roy promote earlier!

FE7:

Nerf Hector :troll:

Both:

Add side quests, a world map and all that other stuff but add the option to toggle between the linearity of the originals and the new system.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

growths that aren't trash

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

Looks like I came back just in time. :denzel:

Roy is my all-time favorite Fire Emblem lord. I don't think he ever had any real issues; the fact that he was firm-willed and knew how to deal with every situation perfectly only serves to increase my esteem for him. This same fact makes a lot of people despise him, because people nowadays want characters they can relate to. Anything less seems boring to the common populace. But I find his character very realistic. It's nice to see a character of his skillset and emotional stability in a realm of Fire Emblem lords who cry every time someone pokes their shoulder.

I suppose people have a tendency to view him as unrealistic because he never made any major mistakes, at least not during his campaigns. Given my knowledge of his personality, I believe that if Roy made a dire mistake in something like strategic planning or if someone close to him died, he'd have the "press on" reaction. Roy isn't overconfident so much as he is realistic, and such a situation might disturb him, but in the end he'd acknowledge the necessity to move forward, assuming the mistake can't be corrected.

I think that if Fire Emblem 6 were remade, such a scenario should be implemented. I wouldn't want the story changed too much, but I think it would serve to develop Roy's personality to people who don't think he has one. It would show such people that he's not so much perfect as he is Roy; what you see him do and his reaction to certain situations isn't perfection. It's who he is. He may seem perfect, but he's really just the bright and dutiful prince of Pherae, doing what he has to and donning the responsibilities of his father in a desirable manner.

As for what they could do specifically, I think it would be reasonable to incorporate Eliwood more in the story. I don't recall him being incorporated heavily other than as a plot tool for explaining how the fifteen-year-old prince ended up leading the army of their country. I think it would be a reasonable enough change to make him die from his illness in the middle of Roy's campaign. Roy's reaction would likely be as stated above. This would provide the development I believe would endear Roy to all the people currently indifferent towards him.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually considering picking Robin up too since he/she is the only FE character I don't play lol. But my best friend Izayoi mains female Robin and refuses to share the waifu love.
I was like that with Ike, haha. He was the only FE character I didn't play and I felt bad for leaving him out so I picked him up. He's pretty good but Marth will forever be my favorite FE rep in Smash. ^^

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Late reply but
Too bad Purple Link will never join them in all the cheerleading and dressing up. Just how much of a problem would a 4-Link Totem cause?
I think it might be because a 4-Link totem might be too big.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Too bad Purple Link will never join them in all the cheerleading and dressing up. Just how much of a problem would a 4-Link Totem cause?
They just couldn't handle how

he is!

In all seriousness though, I believe they said something along the lines of yes, 4 Links was too many, but three was just right.
I find it a little odd how Roy is beloved by Smash fans but among FE fans, the reactions are either meh or ugh.
Roy and Jiggs are in basically the same position. Loved by the Smash fandom, disliked or even outright hated by the home franchise fandom.

Also, I REALLY want to see Tri Force Heroes Links get added into Hyrule Warriors Legends or (if possible) Hyrule Warriors 2! They could do a lot of really fun and creative movesets with three seperate Links working together. Imagine all three Links stacking together and performing a massive cyclone spin attack for their special!

Last edited:

Rukia

Enamored
Played around in Photoshop to create a 3D effect. Legit scary if you have the 3D glasses, heh.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Was checking all of my skype chats just now,and everyone is talking about how anthers removed Delfino and Halberd off the stage list, but kept castle siege
makes me wonder, how long has Antonykun Antonykun been helping with the stage list for anthers:drshrug:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
RE: Roy discussion

I think a good way to buff Roy(and quite possibly a few others) is to give them growths that are dependent on their parents like the parent/child system of FE4/FE13/FE14. As seen in a thread I found in SerenesForest, someone calculated what would be Roy's growths if he were to inherit growths from his mother, which were either Ninian, Lyn and Fiora.

Roy's FE6 growths:

HP 80

S 40

Skl 50

Spd 40

Lck 60

Def 25

Res 30

Roy's growths with Ninian as a mom:

HP 122.5

S 47.5

Skl 52.5

Spd 75

Lck 85

Def 45

Res 70

Roy's growths with Lyn as a mom:

HP 115

S 65

Skl 80

Spd 70

Lck 72.5

Def 40

Res 50

Roy's growths with Fiora as a mom:

HP 115

S 62.5

Skl 80

Spd 65

Lck 60

Def 40

Res 60
As shown, Roy's inherited growths are significantly better than his own original growths.

Similarly, he did the same calculations with Lilina
Lilina's FE6 growths:

HP 45

M 75

Skl 20

Spd 35

Lck 50

Def 10

Res 35

Lilina's growths with Florina as a mom:

HP 105

M 70

Skl 72.5

Spd 72.5

Lck 65

Def 40

Res 47.5

Lilina's growths with Lyn as a mom:

HP 115

M 70

Skl 82.5

Spd 77.5

Lck 70

Def 45

Res 42.5

Lilina's growths with Farina as a mom:

HP 120

M 80

Skl 62.5

Spd 62.5

Lck 60

Def 50

Res 42.5

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Was checking all of my skype chats just now,and everyone is talking about how anthers removed Delfino and Halberd off the stage list, but kept castle siege
makes me wonder, how long has Antonykun Antonykun been helping with the stage list for anthers:drshrug:
what are you talking about? The only stage i have beef with is Castle Seige as Villager has 60:40 MUs with the stage alone
I have no idea why I laughed so hard at that
perfect commedy with amazing build up

you are expecting some mindblowing game breaking glitch and the block takes its while to glitch up and when it does all it does is get stuck in a supposedly non existent ledge and gently unglitches.

It's the same reason why the very last part of Papyrus' "Extraordinarily Normal Attack" is so hilarious

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
what are you talking about? The only stage i have beef with is Castle Seige as Villager has 60:40 MUs with the stage alone

perfect commedy with amazing build up

you are expecting some mindblowing game breaking glitch and the block takes its while to glitch up and when it does all it does is get stuck in a supposedly non existent ledge and gently unglitches.

It's the same reason why the very last part of Papyrus' "Extraordinarily Normal Attack" is so hilarious
and I just noticed your icon and I have to say, Thats has to be the best Icon ever

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I never understood what the deal was with Pits who aim the bow in 300 different directions before finally shooting it at you. I mean you're going to shoot the thing at me eventually, why not just get on with it?

Top Bottom