• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Rukia

Enamored
Alvis is awesome, deal with it. <3
I liked Tokyo Ghoul, but I think it doesn't deserve all the love neither all the hate of the Internet. Is just an anime. I like the story, I like the characters, I like the drawings, but I think that it has tons of useless blood and gore in it. And I'm not referring to the last episode of season one. That was "useful".
Tokyo Ghoul VA, on the other hand... :/
REPPIN' THAT KANEKI

Tokyo Ghoul's anime is lackluster. Its plot was pushed into 12 episodes, and so I prefer the manga.

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Alvis is awesome, deal with it. <3
I liked Tokyo Ghoul, but I think it doesn't deserve all the love neither all the hate of the Internet. Is just an anime. I like the story, I like the characters, I like the drawings, but I think that it has tons of useless blood and gore in it. And I'm not referring to the last episode of season one. That was "useful".
Tokyo Ghoul VA, on the other hand... :/
yes he is <3

i made sure to watch it censored because i don't do well with overly gorey stuff. Honestly i don't follow anime closely so i wasn't aware that it got a lot of hate, one of my friends recommended it to me. I liked the character design, it had a good atmosphere, but didn't draw me in a whole lot. I thought the ending of the second season was pretty bad. Glassy Sky is such a good song though, I have it in most of my playlists.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Why can't we just, like, Hoshinohr?
Agreed
I haven't gotten Zestria yet, but I wanna.

To Grandmaster and Thunder Sage, respectively.

That's exactly why we need to Hoshinohr!
I promoted from Waifu to Waifu Lord
I class changed from Effeminate Dude to Boat.
I went from Ninja Turtle to Space Turtle
I promoted from Hero to.......... uh........... Hero........ I guess..........

:135:
Speaking of waifus

I promoted myself to ultimate Halloween waifu lord :^)

Please praise me Robin gorls for my waifus, and BAN•ZELDA
I promoted from Monando Boy to Soul Shatterer.
I am alive and well, thanks for your concern! Half term break has finally started so I'll be more active. :marthmelee:
the marf queen returns. ready the marfs bois.
I wanna be a Marf queen too D:

But I guess I'm better off being an Olimar queen D:

I dun even use olimar kappa
Everyone can be the Marth Queen.

Even Marth.
the marf queen title makes me a very happy sushi

konkai wa boku no kachi da derp

Dearest Sanae... we can be Marf queens together.

:4marth:We can rule together:4marth:

Thank you very much!

And wow, I want 200. That is the most precious Robin plush toy, ever.
He already is
Can I be Marf King?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fail Brigade sounds like a very prestigious group.
I agree.
They should help run our country with their Mary Sue of a leader.

Anyone doing anything special for Halloween this spoopy saturday?
Other than going to the dentist (on that day of all days), not really.
My area isn't really big on Halloween; the amount of Trick-or-Treaters gradually decrease from year to year.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Anyone doing anything special for Halloween this spoopy saturday?
Me? Not particularly. Probably just playing Monster Hunter or dying from homework. I mean, I COULD forge the Bumplekin armor in MH4U, but...
Also, maybe I'll play Luigi's Mansion, as I have for the last few Halloweens.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Well, if you're that desperate to class change into Marth King...

HACK THE GAME!! :bowser:

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
i've faced 3 people in a row on FG and they've all taunted me after their first kills. is it because i'm samus and they're salty to be losing to a bad character? lmao i'm not even that good tho

i'm reminded of why i play on anther's ladder in the first place

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
So I was playing 2v2 FG with my best friend Izayoi Izayoi today. We ran into a Robin and a Lucina. The first few matches were serious but after the 3rd game we ended up having a T-bag party and just completely fooling around for the entire two minutes.

It just further proves my point that Robin mains are really chill and awesome. You guys have all my respect.
One of the other guys and I ended up picking Duck Hunt and took turns throwing cans right next to each other. We ended up both star KO'ing each other.

It was great, and it's great to have people that know how to have fun in random online matches.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One of the other guys and I ended up picking Duck Hunt and took turns throwing cans right next to each other. We ended up both star KO'ing each other.

It was great, and it's great to have people that know how to have fun in random online matches.
Duck Hunt is awesome

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

heavy

I can stand your foolish and unfounded accusations no more! The idea of one such as yourself judging my kingdom and "pardoning" me is laughable! Your words are as dust in the wind. There is nothing more to be said. Only the battlefield remains.
hehe

So you choose war then? Are you sure you rather not take up my offer for hire? I could be a very useful asset to your kingdom. If not, you should know that I will show you no mercy no the field of battle!

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

heavy

hehe

So you choose war then? Are you sure you rather not take up my offer for hire? I could be a very useful asset to your kingdom. If not, you should know that I will show you no mercy no the field of battle!

One of the few instances of Marth speaking english

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Eh, I don't think so, but OPINIONS.
I can actually see why people don't like Tokyo Ghoul.
You misunderstand me. I LOVE Tokyo Ghoul, as a manga. The anime not so much.

The first season was alright, nothing too terrible. A lot of stuff got cut, but considering how much they had to cram into just 12 episodes, it's understandable and just the way things go sometimes.

Root A is another beast entirely.

It is INDEFENSIBLE how bad it is! So much important plot, character development, scenes, and even characters were just thrown right out the window! In fact, it has no plot! The whole plot after the Rescue Kaneki arc was Kaneki searching for Doctor Kanou, who made him a Ghoul, but that character's completely absent, so everyone's just kind of screwing around with no real purpose or PLOT! Touka's character got butchered worse than most, going from a badass female lead to a generic ineffectual anime girl. Juuzou's backstory got censored to hell and back, completely destroying the reasoning for why he looks and acts the way that he does. Tsukiyama's character development was SUPPOSED to be starting at this point, but that got screwed up royally as well. Kakuja's are never properly explained or why Kaneki can form one.
To speak nothing of the absolutely pointless death of Hide. That NEVER HAPPENED IN THE MANGA AND IT WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A SAD ATTEMPT ON THE ANIME'S PART AT MAKING A DRAMATIC AND EMOTIONAL SCENE THAT FAILED COMPLETELY!

Oh yes, let's add blatant disrespect to the creator of the series you're attempting to adapt, because Ishida Sui had a bunch of storyboard drafts for how Root A SHOULD have been, but they got thrown right out the god damn window with everything else listed above! Basically, they took a horror manga and tried to turn it into a shounen anime, and it just doesn't work.

And the animation also has tons of screw ups and has some of the most laughably bad anatomy! Just look at the chins!

HANDS!!!!

In short,
screw Root A! Read the manga!

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
I thought nobody could become Marth king because Marth king is Marth and I'm his wife. :marthmelee::halfsheep:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Someone explain to me why that cell at the bottom right is even there.

Also, Gemini Orb is the best Shard. +30% Strength growth and +20% Defense growth with the only downside being a -10% Weapon Level growth when everyone's Weapon level growth is high enough as is? Thank you so much. Yubel thanks you with his 7 Magic, 9 Speed, and 6 Defense as a Level 10 Mage.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
uuhhhg Moydow Moydow Reminding me that I'm still stuck on Daein Arise for over a year now, I think once i build up the willpowwer to do that game again I'll just use Naliah + Swordfighter on that damned chapter

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
you know after all the hell the previous Merciless mode chapters gave the chapter where Marth Reclaims Atlea was truly anti climatic. hopefully the one where he reclaims Atlea castle is more interesting

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
uuhhhg Moydow Moydow Reminding me that I'm still stuck on Daein Arise for over a year now, I think once i build up the willpowwer to do that game again I'll just use Naliah + Swordfighter on that damned chapter
That avi goes with everything. It's perfect if you ask me.

I can't stop laughing every time I see it.

Even though I retired from awarding Internets, I'm gonna have to step out of retirement for a sec because that avi is too good at winning the internet.

:4villager::4miisword::starman::starman::starman:

I am gonna flip. My. Shiiiiiiiiiiiwait.

Wait.

No.

I like all those characters. Carry on.
And I definitely gotta give an award for this master piece. What great timing for the king of the internet to post internet winning material.

:pikachu::pikachu::pikachu::4pikachu::4pikachu::4pikachu:

Feels pretty good to see the internet get won again.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Oh yeah, I finally got the Hero King! However...
Not really. :p I got him for the MSRP + shipping. Still, my wallet taken a beating lately.

Attachments

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
More Tales of Zestiria funniness. Image has been heavily modified by me to prevent spoilers:
2015-10-25_00004.jpg

For those of you who would be aware, this picture is kinda old. I'm a bit beyond this point now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom