• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ike? Who's this Ike you speak of

I was talking about :4myfriends:, his full name is "Bike". Cuz u no u wan ride him errday
:substitute:
When the husbando talk suddenly goes for a sharp turn

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
When the husbando talk suddenly goes for a sharp turn

Doesn't it always?

Rule #104 of Zantetsugun's Guide to the Internet ® - "The moment husbando or waifu talk commences, the chance of lewdness appearing increases by 100 Percent. It is inescapable and is always the logical conclusion of any such discussion."

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Guys, I seriously hate to harp here, but people need to tone back the ****posting.

The last couple of pages have way too much stuff that is borderline spam. Yes, this is a social thread, but 1-liners and completely inane memery is not acceptable posting. That needs to be relegated to social groups, skype groups, etc.

This is the second time I have had to make this warning. I don't like being the bad guy, but if things don't shape up I'm going to have to start handing out infractions. Don't make me be the bad guy.
Quoting so this isn't lost to the new page.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I seriously hate to harp here, but people need to tone back the ****posting.

The last couple of pages have way too much stuff that is borderline spam. Yes, this is a social thread, but 1-liners and completely inane memery is not acceptable posting. That needs to be relegated to social groups, skype groups, etc.

This is the second time I have had to make this warning. I don't like being the bad guy, but if things don't shape up I'm going to have to start handing out infractions. Don't make me be the bad guy.
My bad. I won't do it again.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I thought myrmidons were supposed to be fast, so why is Edward getting doubled by enemies with steel swords :/

If you ever feel like hitting the 3DS this week, let me know! I'd love to play you again [:
Sure, I should have time later today if you or anyone else is around :)

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I might be up for it later today/tomorrow depending on what I have to do.
Alright, lemme know when exactly you got the time.

If anyone else feels like doing it now let me know too.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I thought myrmidons were supposed to be fast, so why is Edward getting doubled by enemies with steel swords :/

Sure, I should have time later today if you or anyone else is around :)
I'll be free all day today really, so whenever you're ready.
And if anyone else wants to play on the 3DS until then, I can :')

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
gah, the last twp chapters where Marth reclaims atlea was a cakewalk but the one after that is true hell
Like OMG can you stop throwing me so many horses T.T
granted Est triangle attacks the heck out of them for EZ EXP but because of the ambush reinforcements another Paladin shows up to make you question your humanity

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Smash Bros logic right here
I'm thinking I should stop questioning some of the stuff in this game

Why does Captain Falcon's Fsmash have a disjoint?
Why can Villager pocket bolts of lightning?
Why can Wario safely eat Elthunder?
Why do some of Jigglypuffs attacks/aerials have ~20 active frames and disjoints?
Why does Ness's Bair do 15% and why does he have that ****ing ebola-ridden Bthrow?
Why does the balancing team just keep nerfing the damage on Shiek's Fair?

it's probably better for my sanity if I stop thinking about those things

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Remember when I said I'd have the rest of the uploads done by Monday? Well I apparently lied since I had a Docter's appointment/too much homework. So I guess I'll try to upload the rest tonight, but I've uploaded this one.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Why do some of Jigglypuffs attacks/aerials have ~20 active frames and disjoints?
Why does Ness's Bair do 15% and why does he have that ****ing ebola-ridden Bthrow?

I was just having a joke about how Smash makes no sense. Seriously, if Smash was 100% accurate, you wouldn't be able to see Olimar at all.

Also, Ness's Bair does 15%?! What? How is that fair?

:135:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

I'm wondering why we don't have a Japanese voice option like in Melee. Though I'm just a weeaboo who prefers Japanese voice acting in general so I'll go back to where I belong...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good sir, where did you find that amazing avi?
A good friend of mine made it for me! Here is a link to his deviantART!

Because the balancing team is focusing on balancing the game for both competitive players and casual players, who really don't care for the balancing in the grand scheme of things. As a result, the balancing done thus far isn't addressing issues that characters have; Mewtwo is going to be bad for a while.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato

I was just having a joke about how Smash makes no sense. Seriously, if Smash was 100% accurate, you wouldn't be able to see Olimar at all.
If Smash was 100% accurate Ganondorf would be using his sword and more magic.
If Smash was 100% accurate Dr. Mario wouldn't be a separate character.
If Smash was 100% accurate Fox and Falco wouldn't be able to set themselves on fire.
If Smash was 100% accurate all the Pokemon wouldn't have more than 4 moves.
If Smash was 100% accurate Palutena wouldn't just have 2 jumps.
If Smash was 100% accurate all the Fire Emblem characters would only have one stock. Unless Martin, Luz, and Bobin are playing Casual mode.

If Smash was 100% accurate Little Mac would never make it back to the stage when thrown off. ...Wait.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Smash Bros logic right here

Uh, Happy Birthday, I guess?

Nohr scumb

I'm waiting for Ryoma's Birthday next. I suggested that we would take him the Red Lobster, but Hinoka says last time she did that, he got offended and dived into the nearby ocean. Poor Ryoma-chan :(

You all caused this :p
I'm wondering why we don't have a Japanese voice option like in Melee.
Though I'm just a weeaboo who prefers Japanese voice acting in general so I'll go back to where I belong...
Me whenever For Glory Online Gameplay lags me out.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
If Smash was 100% accurate Fox and Falco wouldn't be able to set themselves on fire.
If Smash was 100% accurate all the Fire Emblem characters would only have one stock. Unless Martin, Luz, and Bobin are playing Casual mode.

If Smash was 100% accurate Little Mac would never make it back to the stage when thrown off. ...Wait.
If Smash was 100% accurate Mario and Luigi could hurt people by jumping on them.
If Smash was 100% accurate Ryu could only ever face his opponent ever and not turn away, nor could he recover.

I still see "Oop! Banana" in your sig.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
If Smash was 100% accurate Ryu could only ever face his opponent ever and not turn away, nor could he recover.
To be fair, they can, they just don't. Why turn your back to your opponent when fighting that close? He's also never needed to "recover" since if street fighter stages were in smash, they'd be walk offs.
#Things to think about

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm wondering why we don't have a Japanese voice option like in Melee. Though I'm just a weeaboo who prefers Japanese voice acting in general so I'll go back to where I belong...
Would so want that it if it meant we had a half decent voice for Fox.

*salty about Ganondorf*

But Fox and Falco be Magic!

Actually, they could.

And Pit would only be able to fly for 5 minutes at a time.

But Little Mac is an Air fighter! Of course he would make it back on stage!

I'm waiting for Ryoma's Birthday next. I suggested that we would take him the Red Lobster, but Hinoka says last time she did that, he got offended and dived into the nearby ocean. Poor Ryoma-chan :(

You all caused this :p
How did I cause this?!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Wouldn't Kirby's neutral special become a OHKO move? In his main games, whenever Kirby sucks up an enemy, he gains their ability or not and the enemy ceases to exist.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Accurate representation of Smesh Bruhs.
To be fair, they can, they just don't. Why turn your back to your opponent when fighting that close? He's also never needed to "recover" since if street fighter stages were in smash, they'd be walk offs.
#Things to think about
Well, Suzaku Castle is a half walk-off, so I guess you're on to something here.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Psychic types (not the Pokemon type) in this game generally have strong throws. Ness's Bthrow, Mewtwo's Uthrow, Lucas's...something, and our Bthrow (it's kind of psychic...right?) are all strong kill throws.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
If Smash was 100% accurate, Ike would be one of the most broken characters in the history of the franchise. Honestly, I like how Smash puts its own spin on the characters, despite some choices such as Ganondorf's moveset.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Lucas's...something,
All of Lucas's throw's kill decently early, except for down throw. Even then, it's still pretty strong.

Wouldn't Kirby's neutral special become a OHKO move? In his main games, whenever Kirby sucks up an enemy, he gains their ability or not and the enemy ceases to exist.
They do exist, just in another dimension
a dimension inside of his stomach
Kirby lore is weird

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
just completed chapter 18 of shadow dragon, I'm sure glad the game calms own with the reinforcement for a little while after this.
Est is still the easiest of her archetype to grind IMO. Ridersbane + Triangle Attack kills all the prepromoted pinata bags, est finished the chapter at level 9 and she's only slightly worse than her sister Palla

Nah

Smash Champion
Psychic types (not the Pokemon type) in this game generally have strong throws. Ness's Bthrow, Mewtwo's Uthrow, Lucas's...something, and our Bthrow (it's kind of psychic...right?) are all strong kill throws.
I get that, I just don't think that anyone should have a throw that strong. It's a non-vertical kill throw that is pretty much guaranteed to kill you at 120% center stage without rage and even with good DI. That's a little ridiculous imo.

D

Deleted member

At some points, I just want to quit Smash for good. I feel like I am making no progress and that everyone around me is getting better while I am still at the same level. I'm just not having fun like I used to really...
Yet, I can't quit for whatever reason...
Am I the only one that is like this?

@XenoBrawler610 If your're still available I could play for a while.
Are you available on Thursday?
I won't have enough time to play tomorrow.

Top Bottom