• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I only got as far as the Metal Gear Rays near the end of MGS2. I kept dying to them so I said **** it and played MGS3 instead. This was on normal, mind you. It's been nearly two years and I still haven't passed that part and never bothered to.
Hack the game to win

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have returned from my second ever local tournament today, with 26 competitors.
I have achieved a glorious goal this day.
1st PLACE
Pot reward for 1st place was $52.00, which I happily walked away with :shades:

Played solo-:4robinm: btw
Congrats man. I hope I can do well at my first tourney.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I only got as far as the Metal Gear Rays near the end of MGS2. I kept dying to them so I said **** it and played MGS3 instead. This was on normal, mind you. It's been nearly two years and I still haven't passed that part and never bothered to.
And let's be honest the even if you get to the end, the whole ending is crapped on by MGS4 where Raiden whole life goes to hell.
I feel bad for the guy

His parents will killed by Solidus
Then was forcefully trained by him
Became a killing machine at the age of 10
Tried to rectify his past actions by joining FOXHOUND
Patriots just straight destroyed his life
Rose had to lie about her pregnancy and break up with him because of the Patroits
Was forcefully turned into a cyborg and lost his whole human body
Tried living out of life in peace with Rose and John after MGS4.

Then MGR happened and his life went upside down because of Senator Armstrong, Jetstream Sam and the rest of Desperado.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I remember when I was 13 and my cousin, who hit puberty early, was really confident that he was going to be the tallest among the cousins. Flash forward to when I was 17 and somehow grew from short nerd to tall nerd who hits his head on doors.

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
I cant wait to catch up on all the vids after im home from working my overnight....and im 27 so everyone here is a wee baby compared to me >_>.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I swear I stopped growing sometime in middle school...by then I'd somehow grew to 6 ft.

timetotipthescales

Smash Cadet
NNID
bloodofgrima
So I went back to playing Robin today in a set of friendlies with my friend's Ryu.

My lord, I forgot how much fun Robin is to play! He was so annoyed about our Jab OoS, Nair, Arcfire, and Arcthunder. Ugh, I really missed this character, and after doing some soulsearching, I think I can do good with them.

Sorry for ditching you guys for like three months; Robin will always be top tier to me.

Also, I took my SATs today for the first time, and I managed to reference Avatar, and the Hunger Games for the essay.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Raziek Raziek I feel like I should get a photo with you and the other Robins I don't normally meet.

That and more friendlies with you too. I also think that one Excel Robin was here as well, on top of this other Robin I know from Illinois.

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I'm really really tempted to try to contact ESAM for tips on getting better at Pikachu, but I'm nervous that he'll either be like "wow dude you suck" or not agree to it.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I'm really really tempted to try to contact ESAM for tips on getting better at Pikachu, but I'm nervous that he'll either be like "wow dude you suck" or not agree to it.
Have you tried going to the Pikachu boards?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Considering he's nice, I doubt he'd say you suck.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Hey Robin mains! How much micromanagement would you say that Robin requires to play?

I'm beginning to steer away from pacman because of the high level of micromanagent that he requires (it's way too stressful for a person like me who sucks with details) and the amount of counterplay he has to him is frustrating.

I'm thinking of giving Robin a chance

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Hey Robin mains! How much micromanagement would you say that Robin requires to play?

I'm beginning to steer away from pacman because of the high level of micromanagent that he requires (it's way too stressful for a person like me who sucks with details) and the amount of counterplay he has to him is frustrating.

I'm thinking of giving Robin a chance
I'd say a decent amount, with keeping track of durability and setting up Arcfire/thunder and whatnot, but I personally don't feel it's to the level of Pacman.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Holy crap.
So Raz taking a game off ZeRo (I missed that, god damn it). I go to the Melee Room to buy some stuff and get back just seconds before the 4 Room lost it's **** over Zero getting 2-0'd.
But that wasn't the only time the 4 Room lost it's ****.

Later in the day there were some Regional Crew Battles. 15 Stocks, 5 people, 3 stocks per person.
Midwest bodied MDVA (including Seagull Joe!)
Florida then Challenged Midwest. It literally came down to the last stock. But the Florida guy (I want to say it was EMSA) was scared of Rayqueza's Rosaluma and screwed up his Pika up-B and fell off the stage. It was awesome.

Some people are thinking that Raziek might have contributed to ZeRo's fall. Folk were saying that he was unnerved after his game with Raziek. And that he dropped Shiek for Diddy really fast.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
After all the hype I have experienced today, this has dealt the finishing blow.
My day cannot become any better than this.

#SolidSnakeforSm4sh
Glad I got to be the "icing on the cake" as they say.

Goku: "Hey Batman! When do you think they'll add me into Smash Bro-

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Holy crap.
So Raz taking a game off ZeRo (I missed that, god damn it). I go to the Melee Room to buy some stuff and get back just seconds before the 4 Room lost it's **** over Zero getting 2-0'd.
But that wasn't the only time the 4 Room lost it's ****.

Later in the day there were some Regional Crew Battles. 15 Stocks, 5 people, 3 stocks per person.
Midwest bodied MDVA (including Seagull Joe!)
Florida then Challenged Midwest. It literally came down to the last stock. But the Florida guy (I want to say it was EMSA) was scared of Rayqueza's Rosaluma and screwed up his Pika up-B and fell off the stage. It was awesome.

Some people are thinking that Raziek might have contributed to ZeRo's fall. Folk were saying that he was unnerved after his game with Raziek. And that he dropped Shiek for Diddy really fast.
Only came in today to say congrats to Raziek Raziek for how he did today. Stellar stuff, Is there footage of his matches?

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Only came in today to say congrats to Raziek Raziek for how he did today. Stellar stuff, Is there footage of his matches?
I think he only played on stream once day 1 against a sheik, you can probably find the vod on tourney locator, I think it happened relatively early on during the stream but I can't remember when.

D

Deleted member

I missed most of the stream for Big House 5 because of college which makes me :c

And at the risk of sounding like a bandwagoner a belated congratulations to Raziek Raziek for his outstanding performance and shout-outs to Célja Célja and @Zareidriel (???) for repping the OHIO SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Robin at BH5 as well.

Additional belated congratulations to @Matsushi for her performance at the tournament she attended.

Someone please tell me if there were any not-trash Links at BH5 thank you.~

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Congratulations @Matsushi and Avokha Avokha , October started well, didn't it? :cheep:
All this talk about aging is driving me crazy: Raziek looks younger, Matsushi is only 16 and Wintropy isn't a blob or a cat. :halfsheep:
Btw, I've been away from my Wii U for some months (I just played FE: Shadow Dragon, but I couldn't play Smash or Splatoon 'cause my internet had some serious problems), and within two weeks I should be able to play again, with LAN connection!
Time to get good. :cool:
Maybe...

D

Deleted member

You're asking for a bit much there, friend.

:3
One of these days I'll somehow create time to and overcome the anxiety to go to tournaments and maybe the not-trash Link presence will begin to change.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
One of these days I'll somehow create time to and overcome the anxiety to go to tournaments and maybe the not-trash Link presence will begin to change.
OH MY GOD.

THE SOULLESS ONE JUST BEAT ZERO.

OH MY GOD THE HYPE IS UNREAL.

HE'S DOING A WEIRD DANCE NOW.

Soulless.

Soulless, stop that.

SOULLESS.

PUT THE KNIFE DOWN.

It's like I'm actually there...~!

Yaki

NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
OH MY GOD.

THE SOULLESS ONE JUST BEAT ZERO.

OH MY GOD THE HYPE IS UNREAL.

HE'S DOING A WEIRD DANCE NOW.

Soulless.

Soulless, stop that.

SOULLESS.

PUT THE KNIFE DOWN.

It's like I'm actually there...~!
There's a Toon Link in top 32. Then again Toon Link is the superior Link :cool:

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raziek Raziek I feel like I should get a photo with you and the other Robins I don't normally meet.

That and more friendlies with you too. I also think that one Excel Robin was here as well, on top of this other Robin I know from Illinois.
Definitely. We should be able to find time today I'd hope. And yeah, the other is Excel Mel aka @Meneil.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
So I just found out that having .gifs as Avatars is now a thing in this website.

I think Tink is kinda bad against shields whereas Link is rather safe against shields(Or so I've heard). So that's an advantage for Link, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom