• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I knew it! Lucina as an alternate! Both female and male Robin! Chrom dies! CHROM DIES! Gematsu is dead! Join me to the Chrom support thread so we can rub it in their faces!

We get our own forum just for Robin!

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Let's discuss all things pertaining to Robin's moves here. Will include some of the things that we can unanimously agree upon (for the most part) in the OP.

**This will be Phase 1, as I'd later like to see this thread becoming the spot for Gameplay/Strategies after release (though I may end up making a new thread for that purpose depending on possible clutter issues)**

Robin's Speculated Moveset
Special thank you to @Moon Monkey for the GIF contributions!

Jab Combo
Down Tilt

Up Tilt
(?)
Forward Smash (Bronze Sword)
Down Smash (Levin Sword)
Forward Aerial Smash
Grab & Back Throw
Thunder
Elthunder
Arcthunder

Thoron
El
wind

Arcfire

Arcfire (2)

Nosferatu
Final Smash

Taunt

Taunt 2

Taunt 3

Videos 4 Discussion
Reveal Trailer
GameXplain Analysis
Confirmed Information
Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword.
The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack.

Original post
Pic of the day. Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others. The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind! Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series.

Original post

Robin appears in the game as a Tactician and functions much like a Mystic Knight (note: FF terminology, but equivalent to magic swordsman). I thought to utilize his all-around nature by assigning swordplay to his Smash attacks and magic tomes to his special attacks--that is, allow him to use magic.

His neutral special is thunder magic that grows stronger the larger you charge it. He uses fire magic for his side special, and wind magic for recovery as his up special. Although Robin doesn't use dark magic in FE:A, I decided to assign it as his down special. It isn't the first time I've given moves to a character that they don't use in their respective game in order to capture certain aspects of the original title.

I also implemented the system used in FE:A, in which tomes break after overuse. Likewise, I included a similar system for the Levin Sword, which breaks after a certain number of uses. However, both the tomes and the Levin Sword will quickly regenerate after a set period of time.
---
Original post.
Non-Smash Info Regarding Robin's Weapons
@M@v
For those asking about the 2 Swords, here's some background on them and how they work in Fire Emblem Awakening, NOT SMASH:

The Zig Zag one is the Levin Sword. In Awakening, the wielder doesn't physically attack the opponent with it. Instead, it boosts your attack based on that units magic level, and they attack by calling a thunder bolt down on the opponent by raising the sword. It was also one of the few swords that could attack a target more than one space away. So it was a really good weapon to use with people who could wield both swords and tomes or staves. Robin is one of those characters in the game (which is likely why they picked that sword). Someone like Anna (An FE character who can use both swords and staves [healing magic]) is another good choice, and its who I equip it to in my playthroughs.

The other sword is the Bronze Sword, and that's simply the entry level sword in the game. Weakest stats; but it has the most uses before it expires (It has 50 uses before it breaks, compared to the 30 or 20 of most other swords).

Last edited by a moderator:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
nah he's Robin's final smash
Well, that's sad, I could believe that he was Lucina's Alt. Still, it was a way of Sakurai adding everyone into the game!

And more importantly, Gematsu debunked!

IronFish

Smash Ace
Well, THAT was certainly unexpected. O.O Totally on board with having Robin to represent FE mages. Congrats, guys! Robin might become one of my mains, since I'm a big fan of mages (as my name implies; I actually named my avatar Seth in Awakening). I think this is better than I could have imagined. The deconfirmation of Chrom is also a very interesting development indeed. I wonder if people will still treat Gematsu as law now...
I have feeling they will just because.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm unhappy about this. But Robin looks interesting as our first magic swordsman. TBH can't be mad since the trailer did a good job.

D

Deleted member

I thought Gematsu had ended every single chance for Robin, when the trailer started, I thought we would get Chrom but then:
"What!? Lucina! Ok!?"
"Oh sh**! It's C. Falcon!"
"Wh-what!? Wh--Yes, ROBIN!"
"Chrom part of the FS? Gematsu is dead and my birthday is in 2 days! Thanks based Sakurai for the best birthday present you could give me"

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
SDG;LKJSHD;HGADSJG;LK UJLTMVLEKRNHUMQL3,;CW KLSU;RCM,EX

I THOUGHT IT WAZS ALL OVER AND SAKURAI FULFILLED ALL MY HOPES AND DREAMS AKJG;THGLKGJ

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FOXTROTTING

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@Hong WHERE YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT ESIMORE?!?!?

Last edited:

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I knew it! Lucina as an alternate! Both female and male Robin! Chrom dies! CHROM DIES! Gematsu is dead! Join me to the Chrom support thread so we can rub it in their faces!

We get our own forum just for Robin!
Seriously people I need to know

Where does it say that she's an alt for Marth? Seriously, WHERE?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Still pulling for Shulk even though Gematsu is now dead. But holy ****, Robin looks amazing!

D

Deleted member

Gematsu is dead, Robin is in, Awakening cutscene style trailer, HD Falcon Punch=Best birthday ever!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Robin waving around that Levin Sword. That's Anna's sword, yo...:crying:
Still congrats to Robin supporters. I didn't believe but I've been proven wrong before.
I feel bad for Chrom. The trailer literally kicked him while he was down.
TAKE THAT GEMATSU!

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Lol, Lucina death stare :D

Actually, I do wonder if she actually is an alt for Marth. She seemed to have parts of his moveset, at least modified. But Why would she be given her own Slot in the Newcomers section if she was just a skin?

Nah. Rubbing it in is just mean.

Man I am excited. Can't wait for the game to release.
On a slightly odd note, the German Smash site uses Robin's Spanish, French and Italian name Daraen. Even though he was Robin in the German version. Hope they fix that. Hearing the announcer say "Daraen" and the fan chorus going "Da-ra-en!" would irritate me greatly :D

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Robin uses the Levin Sword just like in my Moveset idea! However, Sakurai could have been the only one to imagine to use the tomes like items. He is a genius.

Valkyrie_Nyx

Smash Rookie
YESSsss having a Fire Emblem character using tomes in Smash is like a dream come true! And those screenshots. Loving both Male and Female models, so sexy looking. It's a fabulous day for Fire Emblem. MY TOP FE CHARACTERS MADE IT hooray

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Hmm... wasn't expecting another fire emblem rep. Especially not two.
Glad there is another magic user though.

So many female new characters.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'll probably be posting in the subforum when it pops up. I can't believe I didn't support Robin earlier, since I have always wanted an arcane mage archetype in Smash (I wanted Black Mage to fill that void). I haven't been this happy since the day Rosalina was announced. Probably because this was also an unexpected reveal and it was a character archetype I was waiting for.

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this was posted already but...

Let's just take a second to appreciate how amazing this image is.

Congrats to all the Robin/Lucina supporters! I was always on team Chrom, but this seems way better than what I envisioned.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Looks like the jab works kind of like Marth's where it is just the slashes, no triple or infinite. At least not yet.
D-Air looks like a projectile, at least with elwind. They showed it both in the trailer animation and in game, so I'm wondering it it is always elwind with the down air, or if it depends on the tome.

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
Robin is the real new character they kind of baited everyone with token anime girl Lucina/Marthclone

Now everyone can go back to seeing Ridley everyone because nobody believes gematsu anymore

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
THE SCALES HAVE BEEN TIPPED
THE SCALES HAVE BEEN TIPPED

GEMATSU IS DEAD
ROBIN IS LOVE
ROBIN IS LIFE.

pls don't kill me mods

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Also, not only Levin sword!

Did you guys noticed the Bronze sword on FRobin hands at the end of the video?

Yet the site shows that the FRobin uses Levin as well! I guess the sword type may be on Robin alt color schemes.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
CONRATS EVERYONE! Robin looks like a good addition.

Also, not only Levin sword!

Did you guys noticed the Bronze sword on FRobin hands at the end of the video?

Yet the site shows that the FRobin uses Levin as well! I guess the sword type may be on Robin alt color schemes.
No Levin sword gets pulled out in the cinematic. It's something you can summon or something for a limited time. I doubt changing colors would change your melee attacks like that. Levin sword had a audio/visual change than the normal weapon.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Congrats! Not only has Robin and possibly Lucina been confirmed, but Gematsu is looking more less believable.

Last edited:

Kil3r

Smash Rookie
Although it may not make any sense, for a split second I saw this and almost **** bricks.

I'm still 100% supporting Masked Man from Mother 3 in SSB4(even though i don't expect him to make it) but never the less, Robin looks like an exciting character and can't wait to try him\her out ha.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Come on friends, fire up your MS Paint and Photoshop! It's official Robin and Lucina avatar time! We must celebrate this momentous occasion by doing our most lively dances on Gematsu's rotting corpse!

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else notice he Uses two different types of swords? I'm not a big fire emblem player so if anyone could identify these swords and what they do that'd be great,

Obviously he has the lightning looking sword he does in the trailer but he also uses this:

maybe he sacrifices his other sword (bigger) to do more magic or maybe he throws it for an attack?

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Congrats to all the supporters here! I can't believe I never posted here. I'm just not at all familiar with the Fire Emblem characters, but definitely with 4 Fire Emblem characters in the game, now is the time to get acquainted with the franchise. Robin looks like an awesome, unique fighter.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Seriously people I need to know

Where does it say that she's an alt for Marth? Seriously, WHERE?
I haven't seen OFFICIAL confirmation, but she's not given a newcomer-width character slot, and her moves look just like that of Marth. So yeah, I think Lucina is a skin of Marth. Its possible she has her own slot, but she's a direct clone of Marth based on what I've seen.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Anyone else notice he Uses two different types of swords?
I noticed this, too. Why does he also use a bronze sword? How does that work? Do the swords run out of durability just like the tomes as well?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Today was a good day. I got two of my most wanted Fire Emblem characters.

It says Lucina is a newcomer if you click on her icon. Look at the top right of the banner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom