• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I actually just realized that the only universe in smash that's probably never gonna get any more reps at all is Yoshi (even though its a part of Mario). How do you even add more reps to it anyway.
Yarn Yoshi?

Though people will complain that it would just be a smaller version of Yoshi.

Baby Mario?

But then people will complain about having three Marios.

Kamek?

....People would be complaining that Kamek got in over [INSERT FAVORITE CHARACTER HERE]

Yeah, the Yoshi series has no other character that could work out as a fighter and even if one was doable, said character would unfortunately face the wrath of angry fans.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Yarn Yoshi?

Though people will complain that it would just be a smaller version of Yoshi.

Baby Mario?

But then people will complain about having three Marios.

Kamek?

....People would be complaining that Kamek got in over [INSERT FAVORITE CHARACTER HERE]

Yeah, the Yoshi series has no other character that could work out as a fighter and even if one was doable, said character would unfortunately face the wrath of angry fans.
most of these besides yarn yoshi could fall under the mario umbrella anyway, I think...?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Well you see it's from an anime called Arsla-

Nice try, but nobody :4greninja:'es this :4greninja:. (Deletes any and all evidence to the contrary)

But yes it is an incredibly good series and I recommend it to everyone here!

Speaking of Arslan, it's getting a Warriors video game adaption that looks sick as hell!

I really like the novel, and while I think the anime is good, it's probably the first anime I watched that had the animation bother me so much.
Not because at first I kept seeing FMA characters everywhere, but because it has so many off model shots, particulary on battles lol. I keep getting distracted by alien faces on dramatic moments :~ I still think it's worth for it's story, though.
I keep getting FE feels out of this, too.

The tales of smokebomb12 spread like wildfire among Smashboards. Tales that users, both new and old, enjoyed listening to. But there was one noteworthy tale. The tale tells of smokebomb12 and his feat of not only demoding a crooked Moderator, but also sending ANOTHER one away from the boards. Afterwards, he went by the new username "The DeModerator", or "The DeMod" for short, a name that was suggested by a single noteworthy user and was eventally adopted and accepted by smokebomb12 and other users of the site.

But what was the young man really like? Some say he was loved by fellow users, some say he was hated by others and some say he was just another user. There were many sources but no one can say who he really was for certain.

The only thing we know for certain about him was that he loved and was loved by most of the users he was around and that he loved playing as a certain green tunic wearing hero in a certain entertainment medium that was beloved by the users of Smashboards.

I hope you all enjoyed "Stories with Skeleton". You all have a good night and I hope I'll be able to tell you all another tale real soon.
For some reason, I thought your current avatar is strangely fit for this story.:roll:

So, smoke got banned again, though it does seems that he posted something unnecessary and offensive this time, if that 'content removed' is anything to go by

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Super late reply, but to my knowledge, not very?

I'm not the best person to ask, though, I pay attention to exactly 0 forms of sportball.
I love me some sportball.
Last night it was Team City v. Adjective Nouns
Player Person did an amazing play and scored the winning point at like the last second.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Super late reply, but to my knowledge, not very?

I'm not the best person to ask, though, I pay attention to exactly 0 forms of sportball.
It's ok, I don't pay much attention to rugby here as well. Except that the sport was pretty popular in my high school. I'm mostly a fan of winter sports, though I do like tennis.

Anyway, reading some articles, apparently rugby in Canada is stuck in neutral. I didn't expect the sport to be huge, at least on a domestic level.

Speaking of rugby though, a manga called All Out!! is getting an anime adaptation and it's about, you guessed it, rugby!

Man, I wish ice hockey's popular in Japan. I'm still counting the days until we get a hockey anime... at least there's a figure skating one which was nice to see.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ooh by the way! Crowdfunding for Them's Fightin' Herds starts today! This game looks wicked fun!
Ah, so this is what the MLP fighter became. Glad to see it soldier on.

Still looks interesting, and the dynamic music system is a nice touch. I'll be watching.

whenever his keyboard decides to always smack him whenever he's mentioning anything related to the Link Social
I want to build this now.

Got nothing against smoke at all; honestly, I think he's mostly aight, even if he does some astonishingly dumb ****. Which he does. We have empirical evidence. But the idea of a self-mangling auto-censoring keyboard is just too good to pass.

Hell, that's what I'll call it.

I'll call it a S.M.A.C.K.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I really like the novel, and while I think the anime is good, it's probably the first anime I watched that had the animation bother me so much.
Not because at first I kept seeing FMA characters everywhere, but because it has so many off model shots, particulary on battles lol. I keep getting distracted by alien faces on dramatic moments :~ I still think it's worth for it's story, though.
I keep getting FE feels out of this, too.
True, there are a few bits of animation that don't look so great, but I never noticed anything that majorly stood out to me. Then again, maybe my tolerance to bad animation has been increased too high after the travesty that was Dragon Ball Super Ep. 5.

Never forget..........
Ah, so this is what the MLP fighter became. Glad to see it soldier on.

Still looks interesting, and the dynamic music system is a nice touch. I'll be watching.

I want to build this now.

Got nothing against smoke at all; honestly, I think he's mostly aight, even if he does some astonishingly dumb ****. Which he does. We have empirical evidence. But the idea of a self-mangling auto-censoring keyboard is just too good to pass.

Hell, that's what I'll call it.

I'll call it a S.M.A.C.K.
Indeed, I was extremely happy when I heard that they were continuing their project as a new series after the C&D from Hasbro. Even more so considering that Lauren Faust herself joined the team to help design the new cast of characters!

That keyboard idea is bloody brilliant! And the acronym is super catchy, you should patent that ****!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
True, there are a few bits of animation that don't look so great, but I never noticed anything that majorly stood out to me. Then again, maybe my tolerance to bad animation has been increased too high after the travesty that was Dragon Ball Super Ep. 5.

Never forget..........

Indeed, I was extremely happy when I heard that they were continuing their project as a new series after the C&D from Hasbro. Even more so considering that Lauren Faust herself joined the team to help design the new cast of characters!

That keyboard idea is bloody brilliant! And the acronym is super catchy, you should patent that ****!
EW! Super bad animation in that episode.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
That moment you realize that the last time you watched anything on Netflix was a month ago and the last things you watched on it were Gurren Lagann and MASH, only to return later to see that your subscriptions and recommendations are almost nothing but anime and TV shows from the 70s.

I think Netflix is trying to tell me something.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That moment you realize that the last time you watched anything on Netflix was a month ago and the last things you watched on it were Gurren Lagann and MASH, only to return later to see that your subscriptions and recommendations are almost nothing but anime and TV shows from the 70s.

Netflix just told me to watch more Daredevil to be ready for Jessica Jones.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868

Mine's telling me to rewatch Arpeggio/actually watch Always Sunny.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'm advertising this everywhere but oops oh well. Maybe people here will actually be interested since it relates to Robin.
But I'm making Mario Maker levels based off of Smash characters and here is the one I made for Robin
Robin has nothing to fear!

729F-0000-0055-2251

Based around choosing to either fight your way through (the left path), or solve puzzles to pass (the right path). It's medium difficulty I think, but it could be hard since I know the puzzles. Or easy. Not sure. Just try it for yourself!
(I wanted to name it "A good tactician has nothing to fear!", but there wasn't enough room.)

Elezir

Micaiah capped her Defense.

Laura capped her Strength.

Ilyana capped both.

These mages, I swear.
Your Micaiah capped defense.

My Micaiah never got a single point of defense through normal level up. In two playthroughs.

What kind of sorcery is this.

Sensei, please, teach me your ways.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

My Micaiah never got a single point of defense through normal level up. In two playthroughs.

Excuse me, but do you have a minute to talk about......

?

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

It is a dark and powerful magic. It's called RNG screwed.

Elezir

Excuse me, but do you have a minute to talk about......

?
But, But I'm always praying to Our Lord RNGesus, like any good FE player is supposed to:sadsheep: Maybe The Lord has forsaken me? Should I offer a sacrifice to Lord?
Help me, Brother, so I can find The Path.:sadsheep:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
But, But I'm always praying to Our Lord RNGesus, like any good FE player is supposed to:sadsheep: Maybe The Lord has forsaken me? Should I offer a sacrifice to Lord?
Help me, Brother, so I can find The Path.:sadsheep:
Fear not my fellow Sister of the Dice, we shall begin a sacrificial ceremony at once! Bring forth the one known as Weeman Weeman !
Do they worship the RNG Goddess Anna or something? :p

:231:
Actually, Anna is one of The Church of RNGesus' most prestigious members!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You don't pray to RNGesus. You offer Sacrifice in the form of Burnt Offering and Holocaust.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Anyone catch the Japanese Umebura F.A.T doubles tournament yesterday/today? I just caught up with the key matches and it was such an awesome tournament. It was especially fun seeing the crowd rooting for the Western players (Nairo in particular got a lot of love) and in the last round there was even an U.S.A chant. What great sportsmanship and hospitality all around.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Anyone catch the Japanese Umebura F.A.T doubles tournament yesterday/today? I just caught up with the key matches and it was such an awesome tournament. It was especially fun seeing the crowd rooting for the Western players (Nairo in particular got a lot of love) and in the last round there was even a U.S.A chant. What great sportsmanship and hospitality all around.
The Japanese are a totally different crowd compared to the western ones.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Anyone catch the Japanese Umebura F.A.T doubles tournament yesterday/today? I just caught up with the key matches and it was such an awesome tournament. It was especially fun seeing the crowd rooting for the Western players (Nairo in particular got a lot of love) and in the last round there was even a U.S.A chant. What great sportsmanship and hospitality all around.
So glad. I love Nairo. I also love the U.S.A. :p

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
The Japanese are a totally different crowd compared to the western ones.
Yeah, that's what I keep hearing over the past few years. I'm actually fine with the culture of the western crowd, at least from what you see on stream (unless of course it devolves into badgering a player or something along those lines) but I do think it would be nice if we over here in the West showed a little support for our guests overall, instead of you know just a select few like Abadango. I can only imagine how nerve-wracking it must be on a foreign stage, especially if you happen to be alone.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So because Laura's been massively Strength blessed she can now cause damage to Knights through counterattacking.

And it's with that in mind that I have discovered an Infinite EXP loop.

The Knight in this chapter moved to a Healhedge, so I had Laura chase him down. With the healhedge's defense boost, Laura can only hit for one point of damage for each of the two hits from the Heal Staff, for 2 damage total. The Healhedge heals the Knight 2 HP a turn.

It's an endless cycle until the Knight's Hammer breaks (unlikely, given the accuracy of the weapon and Laura's own Avoid rate bolstered by the hedges nearby, or until Laura's Strength goes up further and outnumbers the healing boost.

I ****ing love exploits.

Nah

Smash Champion
with each passing day i'm becoming more convinced i ain't gonna get any better and really should just give up

Fear not my fellow Sister of the Dice, we shall begin a sacrificial ceremony at once! Bring forth the one known as Weeman Weeman !
you planning on turning Weeman into a sacrifice?

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Anyone catch the Japanese Umebura F.A.T doubles tournament yesterday/today? I just caught up with the key matches and it was such an awesome tournament. It was especially fun seeing the crowd rooting for the Western players (Nairo in particular got a lot of love) and in the last round there was even an U.S.A chant. What great sportsmanship and hospitality all around.
I missed this, but it's so nice to see things like this happen. I'm not sure if NA is the same in that regard, but if we aren't I hope we can be!

Top Bottom