• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
with each passing day i'm becoming more convinced i ain't gonna get any better and really should just give up
The only thing stopping you from getting better is your sense of hopelessness. If you give up so easily, then of course you'll never get better. Persevere, and there's no way you won't get better.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Between Pokken, Persona 5, and Fates, 2016 can't come soon enough.

I really want to play this game.

Nah

Smash Champion
The only thing stopping you from getting better is your sense of hopelessness. If you give up so easily, then of course you'll never get better. Persevere, and there's no way you won't get better.
Don't let your dreams be dreams!
I ain't so optimistic as that. I don't have any real reason to believe that I can actually get any good, particularly since I've never been any good at anything, and it's not like I haven't been trying. I very much believe that there are just some things we are not capable of no matter what. There is no guarantee that just by simply not giving up that things will improve; that's just bull**** that only works in shonen manga/anime. Reality ain't full of rainbows and sunshine. The reality could very well be this is my limit and I lack the abilities needed to succeed and there's nothing I can do about it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

And Zelda Wii U and StarFox Zero and amiibos and Kid Icarus Uprising 2(a man can dream forever) and Daniel Bryan and...JOHN CEEENA!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
with each passing day i'm becoming more convinced i ain't gonna get any better and really should just give up

you planning on turning Weeman into a sacrifice?
The more you say it, the worse it will affect your gameplay and your morale.

And yes, Weeman is the designated sacrificial lamb of the Robin Social.
WHO DARES SUMMONG HAWLUCIFER!
I DARE-ETH! (Hawlucifer is a glorious title by the way, just Saiyan)

So many hype games, it's almost a crime.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
> 6 notifications
> Devil May Plop Devil May Plop

Then again, maybe my tolerance to bad animation has been increased too high after the travesty that was Dragon Ball Super Ep. 5.

Never forget..........
RNGesus frosting, what the actual Gohan happened to make this?

Micaiah capped her Defense.

Laura capped her Strength.

Ilyana capped both.

These mages, I swear.
Tfw RNGesus hates you but blesses another.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Anyone here remember when rumors came out about a Kid Icarus game for the Wii that was in development by Factor 5 shortly after Brawl's release years ago? You know, the one where it was rumored that the story was LOLEDGY n stuff? This guy does an examination about this project that never came to be. He's got a funny accent, so try not to laugh too hard:

I remember reading about this and getting disappointed that Nintendo never brought up Kid Icarus at E3 2008 a long time ago. Looking back, it really makes me glad that Uprising became a thing and this never came to fruition.

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Anyone here remember when rumors came out about a Kid Icarus game for the Wii that was in development by Factor 5 shortly after Brawl's release years ago? You know, the one where it was rumored that the story was LOLEDGY n stuff? This guy does an examination about this project that never came to be. He's got a funny accent, so try not to laugh too hard:

I remember reading about this and getting disappointed that Nintendo never brought up Kid Icarus at E3 2008 a long time ago. Looking back, it really makes me glad that Uprising became a thing and this never came to fruition.
I liked Uprising, it had charm, but unfortunately I can't bring myself to replay the thing.

Edit: FACKTAH FAIVE

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I have nothing valuable to contribute to the conversation at this time. I just dropped in to mention a thing.

Yaki Yaki .

I don't know what I appreciate more - your main, your avi, your sig, or your taste in S-ranks.

Keep being awesome. That is all.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
"I should really play fire emblem again" I say as I pass over Radiant dawn" on my game shelf only to remember I'm on Dean Arise.
edited to reflect how i feel about a certain game

D

Deleted member

I'm glad that we didn't get this game.

I don't think that I would appreciate Uprising as much if it went on a dark tone like the prototype did. Uprising captures the feel of the original NES game, a colorful and difficult adventure, and modernizes it.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

I agree.

I don't want to immediately write off a game that tries to make a series 'darker' because I think it has been pulled off well with franchises before (Jak and Daxter). However, I'm pretty sure I ultimately would have preferred the silly 4th wall breaking tone from Uprising.

Some of Factor 5's redesigns looked okay, others were Warrior Within levels of 'UGH', but I like the Smash redesign better than all of them. I think Nintendo can be too strict with how other companies handle their IPs, but don't really blame them for raising an eyebrow at Factor 5 making what seemed to essentially be Icarus May Cry. Especially given how bad some 'gritty reboots' of games at the time were. I would be interested in a free flying Kid Icarus game though, and the Rogue Squadron games are pretty solid.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
*Shiftly looks left and right*

I never played Kid Icarus: Uprising.

*Shiftly looks left and right again and leaves*

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Alright, so I've got this story idea that I've been working on for a while, and I want to see what you all think. This is just background, so I won't be writing a lot beyond backstory for the world and the very beginning of the story.

Very far into the future, humans are on their last legs. To help them, the Overlord sent angels down to assist them. Humans begin to thrive again, but they eventually start to abuse the angels help. This makes them bitter towards humans, so they claim war against them without permission from the Overlord. And since the Lords are incapable of leaving their realm, the angels take advantage of this by creating a new realm so that the Overlord cannot punish them. At the same time, demons start a war against humans as well, also without the rather uncaring Underlord's permission. Due to the natural tension between angels and demons, they claim war against each other as well. The Lords decide to bless them with various weapons capable of defeating the malevolent beings that they are up against from any time period or place, as well as hand-to-hand fighting abilities. They were also granted Life Gems, gems that grant humans superhuman abilities. However, due to being tied to that person's life, should a Gem break, so does the human's life. Two factions were made: the law enforcers, keeping the laws intact, or mercenaries, who merely do odd jobs for the people, although both sides fight the enemies.
Now, even more years later, is when the story begins. Two of the protagonists are part of one big, screwed up family. One of them tricks his nephew to infest five cities with demons. Obviously, the boy was traumatized. Ever since then, he decides, along with hi friend and his cousin, the son of the man who tried to kill him, all decide to become mercenaries together.

Phew! So what do you think? It's a work in progress.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

The Kid Icarus newcomers should have been Dark Pit and Factor 5's adult Pit. :troll: But seriously, Pre-Smash 4, I always joked that my most wanted KI characters are those two lol. I'm glad the vid was made because I was always curious whether Factor 5 developing a KI game was just a rumour or not. Mostly because I couldn't find any info on it.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I ain't so optimistic as that. I don't have any real reason to believe that I can actually get any good, particularly since I've never been any good at anything, and it's not like I haven't been trying. I very much believe that there are just some things we are not capable of no matter what. There is no guarantee that just by simply not giving up that things will improve; that's just bull**** that only works in shonen manga/anime. Reality ain't full of rainbows and sunshine. The reality could very well be this is my limit and I lack the abilities needed to succeed and there's nothing I can do about it.
It's preferable to be realistic about things. I'm glad you're trying to be as much, but the issue is that your wrong in this. No skill is acquired through genes; talent only makes things easier, and the lack of talent doesn't make things impossible. If you give up, no one's going to judge you. But you should bare this in mind before you do: even if it seems like you can't achieve your goal, the only real reason you didn't is because you gave up. Period. If you keep going for it, there's only one direction you can go, however so slowly, and that's forward. We as human beings do have limits. That is important to acknowledge. But if we can do it, so can you. Some may have it easier than others, but we all have the same limits. Don't just sit there and let everyone get ahead of you. Strive to get better in everything, no matter how hopeless it may seem or even be.

Take a good look at me and know this: I wasn't this good at the start, and I still wasn't for a very long time. I remember when I played Melee for the first time back in the day. All my friends laughed at me for lacking the ability to take so much as a single stock off of a CPU, regardless of the level. I would get bodied not just by level nines, but eights, sevens, sixes and all the way down to four. I couldn't beat anything higher than a level three CPU, much less stand a chance against any of my friends. But instead of giving up after so much practice, (it was at least eight years before I could take on a level seven,) I let their taunting fuel my desire to climb the ladder and become stronger. I never did kick ass in Melee, and I still don't, and although I do far better now, one can't deny that Melee is too fast paced for most people to enjoy playing competitively. I'll be honest on this one. While I do think Melee had an edge over Brawl in terms of competitiveness, I think that Sm4sh is just as superior to Melee as the latter was to Brawl.

Several years later, during the Brawl era, when I could hold my own against a freakin' CPU, I met my first real competitive Smash player, my brother-in-law, the biggest troll/asshole on the planet, as well as a close friend and someone who's taunting and massive skill level encouraged me even further. Even as Meta Knight, the unquestioned best character in Brawl, as well as my main back then, (and still now) he could three stock me as any character in the game. Because of him, I've pushed even deeper then I ever thought I would, and I'm the better for it.

As you can see, I've come a long way. One hell of a long way. And even now, I've still got one hell of a long way to go. I haven't even beaten my broski-by-marriage yet, now that he's divorced, although I'm sure I could. (it's been at least a year since our last Smash match) I've yet to test my skills against Raziek, which is a large part of why I got on Smashboards. I want to get more confidence before I do. Hell, I still get bodied by casuals in FG on occasion. But I haven't given up, even when my skill level has seemingly come to a stalemate.

I know for fact that if I ever gave into that sense of hopelessness that plagues us all on the road to victory, I sure as hell wouldn't be where I am today. I can understand why you would want to stop; I love Smash, but I can't deny there's far better things to do in life. You should at least be aware that if you give up now, come to regret that, and decide to pick it back up later, you may have to start the long long climb all over again. Although I advise against it, if that's your decision, then I will respect it. But hear this first: don't do anything you'll come to regret.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
RobinOnDrugs RobinOnDrugs 's avater reminded me of something.
Why do people actually think Tharja has a chance at getting in Smash? I'm not trying to start anything here, but Pink Gold Peach has a higher chance than her.
Okay, I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

Troykv

Smash Master
The days outside home... I can only continue my Radiant Dawn's game the weekends XDUU

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Decided to bite the bullet and bought a european imported lucina amiibo off amazon with my excess birthday amazon cards. I was about to check out until I noticed a copy of the first Fire Emblem for Famicom for like 6 bucks, so yeah I'm getting both.

The irony was that I could have gotten a Marth with my Lucina aswell, but hey, a cool paperweight is nice too!

Gemneye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xdragonfireboix
Decided to bite the bullet and bought a european imported lucina amiibo off amazon with my excess birthday amazon cards. I was about to check out until I noticed a copy of the first Fire Emblem for Famicom for like 6 bucks, so yeah I'm getting both.

The irony was that I could have gotten a Marth with my Lucina aswell, but hey, a cool paperweight is nice too!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I was fortunate to get Lucina alongside Robin back when their preorders went up on Best Buy (or Worst Buy as our buddy calls them).

Gemneye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xdragonfireboix
I was fortunate to get Lucina alongside Robin back when their preorders went up on Best Buy (or Worst Buy as our buddy calls them).
Did your buddy have a bad experience with them?

Top Bottom