• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Well, I guess you could wait for the rest of the week to change it? That way you could switch it while still having your current combo for a decent time.
The best answer I could come up with

This is just me, but I like your current theme better.

I think we can all get behind that.
Gate is an anime I've been meaning to check out, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm doing bad at keeping up with the new shows this season.:drsad:

I think I would go with the new one of Rory Mercury but perhaps you could compromise; have one as a signature and the other be your avatar?
Thanks for your input guys! It looks like more votes went to my current Umaru theme so I'll be keeping this one for a bit longer. The scales were indeed tipped in Umaru-chan's favor. :4robinm::4robinf:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Guys I'm having a major avatar/signature crisis right now! D:
So I recently started watching this anime called Gate and I just think Rory Mercury is super awesome and cool.
But at the same time I really like my Umaru-chan theme and I haven't even had it for a week.
Sooooo I need opinions on which looks better. Here's the avatar and signature I'm considering using:

Thanks in advance to whoever helps me with this decision! :4robinf:
I'd say keep the avatar but add the gif to your sig and keep that artwork for future use. Also, although I haven't seen Gate (and likely won't), I'm willing to wager that that Rory chick is bat**** insane. Any takers?

Also also, battle axe <3.
So I was watching SAO on Youtube (I was curious), but the account the videos were on was terminated sometime in between my watching episode 12 and trying to go to episode 13...
Is it trying to tell me something?
Honestly, I'm surprised you got as far as you did without gagging and I'm also surprised Youtube didn't stop you sooner.
The best part of the trailer though;

Seriously though, the Stone Cold Stunner got me so hyped for this character.

Still want Hawlucha though...
I'm honestly tempted to add that gif to my sig. The game also looks fun. That too.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
During class, we did this thing called know my peers right, and we were suppose to bring in thing that represent you. So I brought in a power point of my favorite things. And I show them a picture of Link

And guess what replys I get? "Is that Zelda?" and some one asked "Why is HE named Zelda?"

Christ on bike man.

So I recently started watching this anime called Gate and I just think Rory Mercury is super awesome and cool.
But at the same time I really like my Umaru-chan theme and I haven't even had it for a week.
Sooooo I need opinions on which looks better. Here's the avatar and signature I'm considering using:

Change your sig. Your Avatar make you look friendly and fun, while your sig can give you a little Fighting or dangerous edge. Besides, She looks really cool.

I KNOW RIGHT. DOCTOR WHO DIS WEEKEND. HYPE!!!!!

I so excited for Missy. Cause I mean

Didn't that CyberMan kill her near the end of the last season?

:135:
The Mistress is actually the Master

The Master is basically an evil Doctor. Think of Sonic and Shadow or Pit and Dark Pit. The master ran out of regenerations and was sent to heaven. There he regenerated into the mistress and teamed up with the cybermen. Now, either Danny did not kill her or she is immortal is unknown. But I hear she MAY be a companion. That would be interesting.

W E E K E N D B O Y Z!!!!!!!!!

:link:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd say keep the avatar but add the gif to your sig and keep that artwork for future use. Also, although I haven't seen Gate (and likely won't), I'm willing to wager that that Rory chick is bat**** insane. Any takers?

Also also, battle axe <3..
Change your sig. Your Avatar make you look friendly and fun, while your sig can give you a little Fighting or dangerous edge. Besides, She looks really cool.
This is giving me some ideas. c': However I tend to keep my avatar/signature combo from the same anime.
It's a good suggestion though!

Expect the Rory theme next week or so. :denzel:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
During class, we did this thing called know my peers right, and we were suppose to bring in thing that represent you. So I brought in a power point of my favorite things. And I show them a picture of Link

And guess what replys I get? "Is that Zelda?" and some one asked "Why is HE named Zelda?"

Christ on bike man.
Let's be honest; we've all done it. :joyful:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Let's be honest; we've all done it. :joyful:
NOT ME! I didn't even know Zelda was a thing until I played Melee. There I saw he was Link first.

This is giving me some ideas. c': However I tend to keep my avatar/signature combo from the same anime.
It's a good suggestion though!

Expect the Rory theme next week or so. :denzel:
When you say Rory, do you mean.....?

Not me, I was one of those guys that thought Samus was a dude.
Ok, yes I was one of them guys to. My seven year old mine was blown that day.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord

And here I was thinking that didn't exist in real life...
I always thought it was you either knew, or didn't know anything about the series.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
All these people talking endlessly about Dr Who. I can't get away. Mayhaps I should get into it; if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Off topic: Kaabii has best music. :3

Last edited:
NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263

Go for it.
THE FUTURE IS NOW THANKS TO SCIENCE!

They're not wearing pads or helmets.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
:079:

I'm sorry. Still nice that the hover board will be a thing, though.
Eh, I was only a month late, then again on the internet one month is equivalent to a decade.
All these people talking endlessly about Dr Who. I can't get away. Mayhaps I should get into it; if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
[/spoiler]
Yeeeeeeeees.....

"Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. etc."

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I want to talk about how much I love one of :4robinm:'s victory lines, specifically the one where he says "The key to victory lies within."

When you start to think about it, it begins to make a lot more sense. What I get from the message is that is your thought process, actions, and decisions that allowed you to achieve victory. It's that you are the one solely responsible for any winnings you might have, not your character or any possible stage influence. It's not so much about having more power over the other, but being able to have a strong mindset and keep cool under pressure. You can play one of the most easy, braindead, or OP characters, but in the end you have to be the one to understand how they work and make them win over your opponent.

Of course that's not saying you can win every fight. There are times when you'll just get outplayed or play in a really bad mental state and make poor decisions. That being said, it's how you take those losses, learn from what you did poorly, and fix them to better yourself in the future. Losing isn't fun, but learning from them can be more beneficial than winning in the long run. I remember this one tournament I entered early this year. I fought this Mario in my pool and he wrecked me hard, 2-0 and 2 stocking me both matches. I run into him later on in the Losers Bracket and did a complete 180. All of our games went to last stock. We ended up going to game 3, last hit last stock, but I ended up losing. While I still lost, I performed sooo much better compared to my first run against him. I was happy with how it ended since it was such a close set and that I improved against him.

Robin speaks some good wisdom and I felt like sharing my interpretation of such. Though some of this might not hit home as hard if you're not a very competitive player like me. It's just something that really hit me as I played Robin earlier and found myself in good form.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I want to talk about how much I love one of :4robinm:'s victory lines, specifically the one where he says "The key to victory lies within."

When you start to think about it, it begins to make a lot more sense. What I get from the message is that is your thought process, actions, and decisions that allowed you to achieve victory. It's that you are the one solely responsible for any winnings you might have, not your character or any possible stage influence. It's not so much about having more power over the other, but being able to have a strong mindset and keep cool under pressure. You can play one of the most easy, braindead, or OP characters, but in the end you have to be the one to understand how they work and make them win over your opponent.

Of course that's not saying you can win every fight. There are times when you'll just get outplayed or play in a really bad mental state and make poor decisions. That being said, it's how you take those losses, learn from what you did poorly, and fix them to better yourself in the future. Losing isn't fun, but learning from them can be more beneficial than winning in the long run. I remember this one tournament I entered early this year. I fought this Mario in my pool and he wrecked me hard, 2-0 and 2 stocking me both matches. I run into him later on in the Losers Bracket and did a complete 180. Went to last stock every game, went to game 3, last hit last stock, but I ended up losing. While I still lost, I performed sooo much better compared to my first run against him. I was happy with how it ended since it was such a close set and that I improved against him.

Robin speaks some good wisdom and I felt like sharing my interpretation of such. Though some of this might not hit home as hard if you're not a very competitive player like me. It's just something that really hit me as I played Robin earlier and found myself in good form.
Well put.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Eh, I was only a month late, then again on the internet one month is equivalent to a decade.

Yeeeeeeeees.....

"Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. Join us Ed. etc."
I'm afraid this is what they call an "insider joke." That means I don't get it. :p

Of course that's not saying you can win every fight. There are times when you'll just get outplayed or play in a really bad mental state and make poor decisions. That being said, it's how you take those losses, learn from what you did poorly, and fix them to better yourself in the future. Losing isn't fun, but learning from them can be more beneficial than winning in the long run. I remember this one tournament I entered early this year. I fought this Mario in my pool and he wrecked me hard, 2-0 and 2 stocking me both matches. I run into him later on in the Losers Bracket and did a complete 180. Went to last stock every game, went to game 3, last hit last stock, but I ended up losing. While I still lost, I performed sooo much better compared to my first run against him. I was happy with how it ended since it was such a close set and that I improved against him.
I love Robin's victory lines as well. Specifically that one. Whoa, man. That's deep.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
@ Elezir Elezir , your sig... I see Ike as Nozaki, Marth as Mikorin, and Robin as Hori with his hair down. Er... does that make Lucina Chiyo or would female Robin be Chiyo? Considering Robin can S-support everyone... Oh, wait, Lucina passed herself off as a prince, so I guess that makes her Kashima. Heh, Mikorin and Kashima are best buddies, therefore, Marth and Lucina are best buddies. I still need to finish watching the anime...

Ike vs. Lucina in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
@ Elezir Elezir , your sig... I see Ike as Nozaki, Marth as Mikorin, and Robin as Hori with his hair down. Er... does that make Lucina Chiyo or would female Robin be Chiyo? Considering Robin can S-support everyone... Oh, wait, Lucina passed herself off as a prince, so I guess that makes her Kashima. Heh, Mikorin and Kashima are best buddies, therefore, Marth and Lucina are best buddies. I still need to finish watching the anime...

Ike vs. Lucina in a nutshell.
Are we talking about Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun?

I've heard some good things about this anime from my friends, but it got pushed down from my to-watch list because of some new animes of this season.
What do you like about it? Maybe I can make some more room for it:awesome:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I.....

AM.....

BACK!!!!!

P:4pit:I:4darkpit:T:4pit:&:4darkpit:R:4robinf:O:4robinm:B:4robinf:I:4robinm:N:4robinf:S:4pit:Q:4darkpit:U:4robinf:A:4robinm:D:4pit:

Also, hi

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

I've heard some good things about this anime from my friends, but it got pushed down from my to-watch list because of some new animes of this season.
Ask @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 who infamously uses this image.

Got curious and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun's just funny and I like funny. You could look at it from a more thematic way, but I just found it as a funny series that kind of deconstructs rom-coms or maybe shoujo... I mean, you have a dense guy who's a workaholic, so his mind is always on his manga series leading him to ignore normal stuff like a girl who's hopelessly crushing on him, an awkward girl like most teenagers or people in general, and wacky people like Kashima, Nozaki's brother, and Maeno - the tanuki... It's not like another rom-com where it's oblivious girl and oblivious guy with clichéd scenarios or whatever. Well, those scenarios do appear, but they're parodied. Oh, and it has a sick opening song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1qrQWyuM3U. The guitar riff is amazing.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

Reasons why Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is the best

And many more. And of course there's this.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Reasons why Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is the best

And many more. And of course there's this.
But Seo, though.

I don't know why, but I always liked the tomboy, borderline crazy, violent girls of anime. I guess it's because they make stuff so hilarious and random.

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263

Of course that's not saying you can win every fight. There are times when you'll just get outplayed or play in a really bad mental state and make poor decisions. That being said, it's how you take those losses, learn from what you did poorly, and fix them to better yourself in the future. Losing isn't fun, but learning from them can be more beneficial than winning in the long run. I remember this one tournament I entered early this year. I fought this Mario in my pool and he wrecked me hard, 2-0 and 2 stocking me both matches. I run into him later on in the Losers Bracket and did a complete 180. All of our games went to last stock. We ended up going to game 3, last hit last stock, but I ended up losing. While I still lost, I performed sooo much better compared to my first run against him. I was happy with how it ended since it was such a close set and that I improved against him.

HOW CAN YOU PROTECT CHROM IF YOU CAN'T PROTECT YOURSELF?

:4robinf:S:4zelda:A:4palutena:S:4robinf:S:4zelda:G:4palutena:O:4robinf:R:4zelda:L:4palutena:S:4robinf:

Folt

Smash Ace
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is the coolest **** and everyone who hasn't watched it must watch it!

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
@Moydow @XenoBrawler610 @Any other Ace Attorney gorls I can't remember

Welp my teacher gave my law class a couple of exam revision booklets and look how thick they are

Think about all the trees that got cut down just for a bunch of nerdy kids to study law lmao

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
I.....

AM.....

BACK!!!!!

P:4pit:I:4darkpit:T:4pit:&:4darkpit:R:4robinf:O:4robinm:B:4robinf:I:4robinm:N:4robinf:S:4pit:Q:4darkpit:U:4robinf:A:4robinm:D:4pit:

Also, hi
Ah, one of our angelic allies has returned! We bid you a warm welcome and are happy you have returned safely from the purgatory of banhood. Many of us feared the worst, and wondered what could have caused this atrocity to occur. I'm certain some of us are still curious as to the circumstances that led to your premature banishment, I myself amongst them :seuss:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ah, one of our angelic allies has returned! We bid you a warm welcome and are happy you have returned safely from the purgatory of banhood. Many of us feared the worst, and wondered what could have caused this atrocity to occur. I'm certain some of us are still curious as to the circumstances that led to your premature banishment, I myself amongst them :seuss:
Brutal honesty and calming truth was what got me banned(and right when I was gonna take a vacation due to Mario Maker at at).

D

Deleted member

Welp my teacher gave my law class a couple of exam revision booklets and look how thick they are

Think about all the trees that got cut down just for a bunch of nerdy kids to study law lmao
Oh my god. O_o
That's a whole lot of work...
To be honest, I considered becoming a lawyer as a child, but I heard that the work was too much.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Oh my god. O_o
That's a whole lot of work...
To be honest, I considered becoming a lawyer as a child, but I heard that the work was too much.
Yeah it really is a lot of work. But there's heaps and heaps and heaps of content to learn and the amount of writing during tests and stuff reflects that. But you kinda get used to it after doing the subject for a while. To someone who doesn't do law it really does look like a lot, but now when I look at the booklets I just go, "Eh, this is nothing." :p

But yeah studying hard to become the next ace attorney is quite the challenge. :secretkpop:

Well to tell you the truth I'm not actually studying to become a lawyer lol. Law just happens to be something I'm interested in, as with psychology.

Besides there's no way I'd ever become a lawyer even if I wanted to, I'm just not cut out for it honestly. I've heard that law in particular is one of the most competitive careers out there too, so there's that.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

"Legal books stand in my office. They mock me."

Last edited:
Top Bottom