• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Folt

Smash Ace
Yes, they have.

Also, Super Mario Maker stage owns and so does the fact that it's gonna be on 3DS as well!

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Sheogorath would have the best supports.

Nowi: Hi there!
Sheogorath: Hello, mortal.
Nowi: I'm Nowi!
Sheogorath: And I'm Ann Marie!!
Nowi: Really?
Sheogorath: Yes, really.
Nowi: But Ann Marie is a girl's name...
Sheogorath: You can still call me Ann Marie! But only if your partial to being flayed alive. And have an angry immortal skip rope with your entrails!
Nowi: I think I'm going to leave now...
Sheogorath: I'm going to have more fun here than I did with that severed head and cheese back in Cyrodiil.
Not to mention Sheogorath would be the most OP unit in the game with the highest stats of all.

Turns out he can only wield staves :troll:

THE WABBAJACK!!

Another page claimed by Avokha (I must be getting good at this)

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
So I was thinking about ditching Disrespectin'dorf for Aquatic Amphibian who can utilize the Japanese art of stealth. Greninja is fun to play so I was wondering:
Should I improve my skills with Ganondorf or ditch him for Greninja?
But what if they brought back the mechanic that allowed stave units to counterattack?
The Wabbajack CAN (and I use the word "can" loosely) counterattack, but it conjures random effects on a target, so it wouldn't matter. I'd put the Wabbajack into FE just for the hell of it.

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
The Wabbajack CAN (and I use the word "can" loosely) counterattack, but it conjures random effects on a target, so it wouldn't matter. I'd put the Wabbajack into FE just for the hell of it.
Lol, I was thinking that during the player phase, the wabbajack would be used like any other staff, but its affect would be 100% random (instant heal, instant death, all stats turn to 0, spontaneous class change, etc.). In FE10, the one game staff users could counterattack, they simply whack the enemy with the staff. I can see it now, Sheogorath taking 0 damage from an enemy generals silver axe, and counterattacking with a bop in the head from the Wabbajack for 3 quintillion points of damage :denzel:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So I was thinking about ditching Disrespectin'dorf for Aquatic Amphibian who can utilize the Japanese art of stealth. Greninja is fun to play so I was wondering:
Should I improve my skills with Ganondorf or ditch him for Greninja?
:substitute::4greninja:YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:4greninja::substitute:

*clears throat* I mean yes. Join the Way of the Ninja Frog!

I will say this though. Make sure you're very adamant about this decision, since switching from Gordondorf to TMNF is obviously a massive shift in playstyles. Also a word of caution that Greninja is a highly technical character and has a very steep learning curve, so be prepared for that as well.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Lol, I was thinking that during the player phase, the wabbajack would be used like any other staff, but its affect would be 100% random (instant heal, instant death, all stats turn to 0, spontaneous class change, etc.). In FE10, the one game staff users could counterattack, they simply whack the enemy with the staff. I can see it now, Sheogorath taking 0 damage from an enemy generals silver axe, and counterattacking with a bop in the head from the Wabbajack for 3 quintillion points of damage :denzel:
Or Sheogorath can counterattack by turning the opponent into a pile of gold or a sweetroll. It would be hilarious AND beneficial.
:substitute::4greninja:YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:4greninja::substitute:

*clears throat* I mean yes. Join the Way of the Ninja Frog!

I will say this though. Make sure you're very adamant about this decision, since switching from Gordondorf to TMNF is obviously a massive shift in playstyles. Also a word of caution that Greninja is a highly technical character and has a very steep learning curve, so be prepared for that as well.
Wasn't doing so hot with Ganondorf anyways, so I'll take the learning curve. Thanks. Greninja it is!

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Wasn't doing so hot with Ganondorf anyways, so I'll take the learning curve. Thanks. Greninja it is!
Nice! Welcome to the Ninja side! Have you checked out the Greninja social yet? It's decently active and you'll be able to learn a lot more about the character from many of the veteran players there.

In other news, Koei just announced Toukiden 2 and Ni-Oh at the TGS!

Are you ready for even more giant monster slaying? (Damn I really need to play Toukiden 1)

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
@ Yaki Yaki , do you have any experience with the Pikachu / Pit matchup?
I do. I Played Pit for a while if you don't remember, we did a Pit ditto. the Pit vs. Pikachu was one of my best MU's, so if you need help with Pikachu, you can ask me. Now I do know a lot about the Pikachu vs. Pit MU as well. Pikachu can out play Pit in some scenarios.

:link:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
@ Yaki Yaki , do you have any experience with the Pikachu / Pit matchup?
The Pit, which is the Pit I play the most, in me and @ Kotor Kotor 's social/smash group is the spam side b-ish type, so I've got some slight bias.
The for glory ones tend to either fall apart from aerial combos or take advantage of my terrible shielding abilities.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I do. I Played Pit for a while if you don't remember, we did a Pit ditto. the Pit vs. Pikachu was one of my best MU's, so if you need help with Pikachu, you can ask me. Now I do know a lot about the Pikachu vs. Pit MU as well. Pikachu can out play Pit in some scenarios.

:link:
The Pit, which is the Pit I play the most, in me and @ Kotor Kotor 's social/smash group is the spam side b-ish type, so I've got some slight bias.
The for glory ones tend to either fall apart from aerial combos or take advantage of my terrible shielding abilities.
The Pit board is currently discussing the Pikachu matchup, so any input would be very valuable - go here to help, and thanks for that!

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Knowing how FE's RNGesus works, all of Wabbajacks's effects would be detrimental to the player.:roll:

Dunno about the staff users being able to counterattack again. It's not like it was useful, imo, particulary because staff users in FE don't even have good stats for counterattacking most of time:smash:
Well, you can reclass in FE:F, so maybe it could be put to good use?

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Knowing how FE's RNGesus works, all of Wabbajacks's effects would be detrimental to the player.:roll:

Dunno about the staff users being able to counterattack again. It's not like it was useful, imo, particulary because staff users in FE don't even have good stats for counterattacking most of time:smash:
Well, you can reclass in FE:F, so maybe it could be put to good use?
I killed a Laguz by counter attacking with a staff once and it felt amazing.

Also, dat sig.

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Anyone else wish crossbows were a thing in Fire Emblem again?
I want my arbalest back :cry:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys I'm having a major avatar/signature crisis right now! D:
So I recently started watching this anime called Gate and I just think Rory Mercury is super awesome and cool.
But at the same time I really like my Umaru-chan theme and I haven't even had it for a week.
Sooooo I need opinions on which looks better. Here's the avatar and signature I'm considering using:

Thanks in advance to whoever helps me with this decision! :4robinf:

Nah

Smash Champion
Yeah, counterattacking with staff users was kinda pointless

and then there was that one staff that had like a 90+ percent chance of doing a crit for some reason

Anyone else wish crossbows were a thing in Fire Emblem again?
I want my arbalest back :cry:
Crossbows were pretty nice at first.....until later in the game when you get some of the good bows and Shinon just destroys everything if you let him.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
So I recently started watching this anime called Gate and I just think Rory Mercury is super awesome and cool.
But at the same time I really like my Umaru-chan theme and I haven't even had it for a week.
Sooooo I need opinions on which looks better. Here's the avatar and signature I'm considering using:

Well, I guess you could wait for the rest of the week to change it? That way you could switch it while still having your current combo for a decent time.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210

The best answer I could come up with

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

This is just me, but I like your current theme better.

I predict the North American Nintendo Directs will have Reggie and/or Bill Trinen as the host.
I think we can all get behind that.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
So I was watching SAO on Youtube (I was curious), but the account the videos were on was terminated sometime in between my watching episode 12 and trying to go to episode 13...
Is it trying to tell me something?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

Includes electric cages, pildrivers, and Pichu's Smah taunt.
The best part of the trailer though;

Seriously though, the Stone Cold Stunner got me so hyped for this character.

Still want Hawlucha though...

Gate is an anime I've been meaning to check out, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm doing bad at keeping up with the new shows this season.:drsad:

I think I would go with the new one of Rory Mercury but perhaps you could compromise; have one as a signature and the other be your avatar?

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Wut

I am very confused, but interested in this.

Top Bottom