• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I liked it better when Ralf and Clark weren't beefcakes - wasn't aware of KoF until recently, but looking at past games and art. They used to be muscular, but not body builder muscular. This Ralf looks cool and well-built.

And then he took steroids... Well, at least Leona still looks badass as usual.

Ike in Smash 4 kind of bothers me since he does look stronger, but I think they took it a bit too far. Radiant Dawn had him look strong while Smash 4 kind of pushes him a bit stronger. This just might be a thing where concept art looks better than in-game models. At least it's not Soul Calibur bad where Mitsurugi looked absolutely badass for Soul Calibur V's concept art, but looked horrible in game.
Actually the muscular style works for Ike and it fits his fighting style better considering he was a powerhouse in Brawl but never looked the part. He actually felt like a real mercenary than a regular lord. Hell the buff look work for Roy as well since he look like he aged when he came back.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Actually the muscular style works for Ike and it fits his fighting style better considering he was a powerhouse in Brawl but never looked the part. He actually felt like a real mercenary than a regular lord. Hell the buff look work for Roy as well since he look like he aged when he came back.
I know, but I think they made him a bit too buff. So, if Radiant Dawn Ike was Bruce Lee muscular or Anderson Silva muscular, then Smash 4 Ike is Arnold Schwarzenegger buff. Kind of expected him to be more like Little Mac of Ryu muscular where it's concentrated muscles instead of bulky, body builder muscles. That and angles can make characters look bad.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Good luck with that.

*fades into the shadows*
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THE UNDERTAKER TOLD JOHN CENA, BUT WILL HE BE ABLE TO TAKE THE BELT FROM THE MIGHTIEST CHAMPION IN WWE HISTORY AT THIS WEEKEND'S WWE SUPER SLAM!!!

Nah

Smash Champion
Literally my entire thought process during that ~30 second stare down was "What is going on I don't even..."
makes me think of this one time I saw part of a Sonic ditto where the 2 of them just sat in Spin Dash for a whole minute and 15 seconds before one of them finally started doing something

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I swear, Case 3 of Dual Destinies is the most anime **** I've ever witnessed in a Phoenix Wright game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THE UNDERTAKER TOLD JOHN CENA, BUT WILL HE BE ABLE TO TAKE THE BELT FROM THE MIGHTIEST CHAMPION IN WWE HISTORY AT THIS WEEKEND'S WWE SUPER SLAM!!!
IN A SPIT-SWAPPING MAKEOUT MATCH

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
image.jpg

What the hell happen to this social?

Let's change the subject, people.

Who else here ships Cynthia and Owain? (everyone)
Why would I ship cousins with each other?

says the guy who had Lucina/Owain S-Support

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I return from uni and this is the first thing I see in the Robin social...

Severa and Owain are cute, but Severa and Kjelle, though.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
IN A SPIT-SWAPPING MAKEOUT MATCH
I know people who would be proud of you.

In more than one way.

:roll:

Kjelle should have appeared in Fates. I like her way more than Inigo.
They added Severa (ew), Inigo and Owain based off a popularity poll for the children characters on Awakening, I think.
Same went for the parent character that were added as children on Hoshido.
Though, honestly, I still think all of this wasn't needed at all:drsad:
It's just weird for me, particulary because I always wanted to see that pink gate disappear from the storyline.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

In more than one way.

They added Severa (ew), Inigo and Owain based off a popularity poll for the children characters on Awakening, I think.
It's just weird for me, particulary because I always wanted to see that pink gate disappear from the storyline.
I know but Severa, Owain, and Kjelle were my favourite children in Awakening.

Hong

The Strongest
Wait so are you a princess that is also a king or the king of princesses? I've been wondering this for a while.
Princesses are like a pack of wolves. The most powerful Princess is the King. I challenged the last Princess King to combat. I ripped out her intestines and strangled her with them and now I am their king. The Princess King.

There is only me.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
SHINKUUUUU HADOUUUUUUUKEEEEEN

GOUH! SHIN! SHOOOOORRRRYUUUUUUKEEEEN!
FAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLCCCCCCOOOONNNN

PAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCHHHHHH!!!

I still don't get that joke.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Speaking of FE:A children...

I've started a new game with the main goal being to beat apotheosis, which means I should go for optimal pairings (Mostly ;))
What pairings are considered optimal?
Pairings I've done already this playthrough;
ChromxSumia
FrederickxCordelia
Lon'quxMiriel

Currently considering AvatarxAnna, AvatarxCherche, HenryxLissa, VaikexLissa, GregorxSully, GaiusxTharja, LibraxTharja, and RickenxNowi
The rest I am completely unsure of.
Currently on Ch. 19 :awesome:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How to kill social thread activity 101.....

..... welp time to get to class.

:4lucina:-Is that... the thread's activity killer post itself?
I return from uni and this is the first thing I see in the Robin social...

Severa and Owain are cute, but Severa and Kjelle, though.
I'm starting to think you guys don't want John Cena to bury you all...or none or yall remember the line.
FAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLCCCCCCOOOONNNN

PAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCHHHHHH!!!

I still don't get that joke.
FALCON KICK

In more than one way.

Only John Cena is proud that I'mbringing out his message to the world.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just realized something: was Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones the only Fire Emblem to have a female Lord Lady be a central force? I don't remember if you could choose between Eirika and Ephraim or if Eirika was like Eliwood where she was the "first route Lord" - I think it's the choose one and that still would make her a central force. Rekka no Ken was more about Eliwood and Hector since Lyndis was basically the tutorial lady and Radiant Dawn did a bait and switch where Micaiah was pretty much a decoy protagonist and Ike was the main protagonist. Robin and Corrin don't really count as they're player made and past games I'm not really knowledgeable on. Anyway, if so, then Eirika really needs to be in Smash because she's the first main Lady of Fire Emblem. Oh, but she'll be a Marth clone... Make her shtick be shield pressuring and narrow hitboxes since she's a fencer. Also, more waifu since Awakening confirmed her waif outfit.

Oh, Ike is the only peasant Lord. :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just realized something: was Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones the only Fire Emblem to have a female Lord Lady be a central force? I don't remember if you could choose between Eirika and Ephraim or if Eirika was like Eliwood where she was the "first route Lord" - I think it's the choose one and that still would make her a central force. Rekka no Ken was more about Eliwood and Hector since Lyndis was basically the tutorial lady and Radiant Dawn did a bait and switch where Micaiah was pretty much a decoy protagonist and Ike was the main protagonist. Robin and Corrin don't really count as they're player made and past games I'm not really knowledgeable on. Anyway, if so, then Eirika really needs to be in Smash because she's the first main Lady of Fire Emblem. Oh, but she'll be a Marth clone... Make her shtick be shield pressuring and narrow hitboxes since she's a fencer. Also, more waifu since Awakening confirmed her waif outfit.

Either Erika, Aqua, or Lyn

Gemneye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xdragonfireboix

No complaints with more Fire Emblem characters in Smash. :love: Lance lord Ephraim was pretty sick though.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Ah yes, the hard working Luigi Ingo!

Fun fact: Did you know that Talon and Ingo were inspired by Mario and Luigi respectivly? *insert the more you know pic*
Princesses are like a pack of wolves. The most powerful Princess is the King. I challenged the last Princess King to combat. I ripped out her intestines and strangled her with them and now I am their king. The Princess King.

There is only me.
I'm told that princess kings are held in high regard in Canadia. Is this true?

FE:A shipping does not concern me. The only result I seek is one in which I receive the godlike daughter and destroyer of worlds: Morgan.
View her like you would view God: Love her but fear her power, for it is infinite.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I just realized something: was Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones the only Fire Emblem to have a female Lord Lady be a central force? I don't remember if you could choose between Eirika and Ephraim or if Eirika was like Eliwood where she was the "first route Lord" - I think it's the choose one and that still would make her a central force. Rekka no Ken was more about Eliwood and Hector since Lyndis was basically the tutorial lady and Radiant Dawn did a bait and switch where Micaiah was pretty much a decoy protagonist and Ike was the main protagonist. Robin and Corrin don't really count as they're player made and past games I'm not really knowledgeable on.
A case can be made for Celica. She leads her own army that merges with Alm's for the final chapter, but she still takes a commander's role alongside Alm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom