• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
But does he know why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
Because they're magically delicious.

Annnnnyway, I just hopped on the English and Japanese sites for awakening, and compared the mini voice clips between all the available characters to their counterparts. It was a very cool experience!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
On the current topic, though, I don't see what's wrong with Nowi. I just find her childish personality apart of who she is.
Nowi creeps me out not for her childish looks and personality, but the fact that they use the whole "NO IT'S TOTALLY OKAY SHE'S 1000 YEARS OLD!!!!" excuse to make her still dress like a stripper and be marriage-able. I'd be okay if she had a childish look and personality as long as no one could marry her.

Just... No. Bad Intelligent Systems. Step away from the anime. Some anime influence is fine. Nowi is taking it too far. Marrying what is for all intents and purposes an 11 year old is not okay.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Nowi creeps me out not for her childish looks and personality, but the fact that they use the whole "NO IT'S TOTALLY OKAY SHE'S 1000 YEARS OLD!!!!" excuse to make her still dress like a stripper and be marriage-able. I'd be okay if she had a childish look and personality as long as no one could marry her.

Just... No. Bad Intelligent Systems. Step away from the anime. Some anime influence is fine. Nowi is taking it too far. Marrying what is for all intents and purposes an 11 year old is not okay.
But she honestly doesn't look that childish, and in my opinion, her clothes don't make her look like a stripper.

Idunno, maybe I'm the only one with that opinion, but Nowi was perfectly fine for me.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
That is about enough, Reginleif. I'm lenient and will let a good joke go, but that second remark is just going to offend some of our users.
I apologize, my bad. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I thought it was a recurring FE joke from Emmeryn's facebook. I'll be more sensitive next time.

Hong

The Strongest
To be fair I don't like the S support/child system at all, anyway.

Some of the best friendships in Fire Emblem never ended in love. A lot of people in our very world form bonds stronger than romantic intimacy, sometimes even with people of the opposite gender.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
To be fair I don't like the S support/child system at all, anyway.

Some of the best friendships in Fire Emblem never ended in love. A lot of people in our very world form bonds stronger than romantic intimacy, sometimes even with people of the opposite gender.
Throwback to Sacred Stones and that tension between Kyle and Ford. Or Lyon and Ephraim. :242:

Hong

The Strongest
Ike and Soren had the series best romance. Just don't let the Ike forum see this message. @~@

For all their detractors (@IronFish, @ False Sense False Sense , #hotsshired), I also enjoyed Chrom and Robin's romantic relationship, but I also like it just as much when they keep it professional.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ike and Soren had the series best romance. Just don't let the Ike forum see this message. @~@

For all their detractors (@IronFish, @ False Sense False Sense , #hotsshired), I also enjoyed Chrom and Robin's romantic relationship, but I also like it just as much when they keep it professional.
I don't think I said anything bad about the relationship between Chrom and Robin...

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think I said anything bad about the relationship between Chrom and Robin...
Is it not your grounds for why you like Robin♂ more? That you immediately alligate Robin♀ to the romantic interactions she can have with Chrom?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Is it not your grounds for why you like Robin♂ more? That you immediately alligate Robin♀ to the romantic interactions she can have with Chrom?
...I like Male Robin more because I'm male, so that's the version of Robin I used and am familiar with.

Hong

The Strongest
Female Robin because another lead female protagonist & Galeforce >>>
Well, if you want to get real technical, Robin as a father means you'll have another child with Galeforce that you'd never have otherwise, being Kjelle, Noire and Nah. Otherwise, you'll only have the Pegasus-passing fatherhood through Gaius and Donnel, leaving one child INFERIOR.

But yeah, I'll take a female lead protagonist any day.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm not gonna lie, I think I enjoyed Robin's relationships with every character other than
Emmeryn

I ESPECIALLY liked Female robin and
Walhart

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
My favorite pairing out of all pairings in all my playthroughs combined has been Robin (F) and Chrom. Not only do I just find the relationship a beautiful one, but idk...I just feel like Lucina having Robin as a mom is more "natural" (?) compared to other choices.

Sue me.

Hong

The Strongest
My favorite pairing out of all pairings in all my playthroughs combined has been Robin (F) and Chrom. Not only do I just find the relationship a beautiful one, but idk...I just feel like Lucina having Robin as a mom is more "natural" (?) compared to other choices.

Sue me.
The raw combat prowess of Chrom* with the strategic prowess of Robin... the makings of the ultimate soldier.

Morgan too, of course.

*In a universal, non-statistics-based sense. Robin is waaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger otherwise.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Sue me.
Yes, a relationship built on awkward moments is a beautiful relationship indeed.

Well, I think Chrom and Robin's relationship after their marriage is pretty good (and I do like the depth it adds to the scene where Lucina tries to kill Robin), though I do think their supports leading up to their marriage are a bit odd.

Hong

The Strongest
Seriously though. Lucina's reactions to Robin based on their gender and marital status is so messed up.
The only other time I think she has been this obnoxious is in her support with her mother.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The raw combat prowess of Chrom* with the strategic prowess of Robin... the makings of the ultimate soldier.

Morgan too, of course.

*In a universal, non-statistics-based sense. Robin is waaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger otherwise.
Ha ha, love the asterisk :p

That brings up another thing...Lucina and Morgan really felt like brother and sister too.

Yes, a relationship built on awkward moments is a beautiful relationship indeed.

Well, I think Chrom and Robin's relationship after their marriage is pretty good (and I do like the depth it adds to the scene where Lucina tries to kill Robin), though I do think their supports leading up to their marriage are a bit odd.
Although awkward, I did feel as though it was genuine, which made it pretty cute. Not everything is peachy from the first meeting :)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

What about if you only get to B support with Robin before Chrom proposes for story reasons? :sadsheep:

Hong

The Strongest
Although awkward, I did feel as though it was genuine, which made it pretty cute. Not everything is peachy from the first meeting :)
I think all of their supports were embarassing and a large part of why I see My Unit as My Unit and not an Avatar or representation of me.

I do fancy their interactions outside of their supports, though. I just hate how the supports made Robin out to seem like some bimbo.
What about if you only get to B support with Robin before Chrom proposes for story reasons? :sadsheep:
You'll unlock the Support Viewer after you've completed the game. The ones you may have missed due to Chrom's forced marriage will be logged there.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You'll unlock the Support Viewer after you've completed the game. The ones you may have missed due to Chrom's forced marriage will be logged there.
That's not what I'm implying.
Chrom walks in on Robin naked and likes what he sees, so he marries her.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Morgan too, of course.

I don't remember Lucina showing any strategic knowledge on warfare. But I can definitely see her as Robin's daughter.

The ironic thing is, male Robin's support with Chrom make him look a lot like a nagging wife who's concerned about her husband's safety. You could literally copy-paste his supports over to female Robin and it wouldn't make a difference.

Hong

The Strongest
That's not what I'm implying.
Chrom walks in on Robin naked and likes what he sees, so he marries her.
Poor Robin. :(
I don't remember Lucina showing any strategic knowledge on warfare. But I can definitely see her as Robin's daughter.
Well, the cutscene did kind of imply her as the leader of the resistance.

Though I suppose she could have led her forces just as poorly as Chrom did.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I think all of their supports were embarassing and a large part of why I see My Unit as My Unit and not an Avatar or representation of me.

I do fancy their interactions outside of their supports, though. I just hate how the supports made Robin out to seem like some bimbo.
Yeah, I was mainly focusing on their relationship outside of their supports. It was kind of nice to see how things are in the supports though since they simply offer a different side of their relationship.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Favourite supports? Well I can't praise Cherche x Lon'Qu enough with how touching it is.

I like Inigo's overall situation with his supports as well, with other child generation characters he is constantly going on about girls and getting shut down while with his father you find out how serious he really is about the war and how he just wants to hide any weakness for everyone's sake.

Tharja's can also be entertaining as much as I don't like the character just thinking to myself "what shady business is she up to this time?".

I could go on about a lot of them really, Miriel's and Emmeryn's are the only ones off the top of my head that I really don't care for in the slightest but for the most part they are rather good. I think that just adds to Awakening's value with all the backstory and side stories that you can dig up through support conversations.

Well yes.

The blatant attempt at sex appeal in Nowi's design is what makes her such a mixed bag. I hate to see her, but she has funny dialogue.
That was supposed to be sex appeal? Just looked like a goofy get-up to me.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Seriously though. Lucina's reactions to Robin based on their gender and marital status is so messed up.
The only other time I think she has been this obnoxious is in her support with her mother.
I'm not even gonna lie, I really liked the supports she had with both Fem(Married to Chrom) Robin, and Female Robin

Hell, I think I enjoyed lucina's character too much, and that's why I want her in smash.

D

Deleted member

Favorite Supports?

Sumia/Cynthia
Henry/Maribelle
Lon' Qu/Nowi
Tiki/Anna
Robin (M)/Nah

Yeah easy guess on my reasoning for the last one...

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
See, I actually enjoyed the whole awkwardness, and between that, the dryness, the interest in tactics, the purple everywhere and the dark, evil side I found myself inserting myself a lot into the avatar character. Lot of her comments, actions and reactions are things I totally would have done.

I just hate how the supports made Robin out to seem like some bimbo.
My pride has been wounded.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

I just read up on the fRobin & Chrom Supports, and I felt like they made Chrom look like a horny teenager while Robin was reacting mostly rational (aside from the time she threw stuff at Chrom).
Even in the confession she's the one who tells him to wait until after the war for professional reasons.
Overall I think their support is OK, but most of it's time is a bit wasted with them walking in on each other.

Just realized that you might have meant Robin in general when you where talking about "their supports". Well, dunno about fRobin, but I wouldn't call mRobin a bimbo.

The biggest problem with the S ranks in general is that a lot of the confessions seem to come suddenly or out of left field.
Just read up on Freddy Bear's supports. That might be one of the most awkwardly sudden S rank turns.
Then again, it also had this, so I can't stay mad at it:
Frederick said:
My body is ready, Robin!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Just realized that you might have meant Robin in general when you where talking about "their supports". Well, dunno about fRobin, but I wouldn't call mRobin a bimbo.
Nah. Robin's♂ supports with Chrom were fine. I would have kept them more or less the same, but altered a bit so there is a potential romantic curve for Robin♀ should you choose or are forced to choose S.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
And now, the search for Robin.

Sakurai: "Status report!"

Mario: "He's not in the Assist Trophy collection."

Sakurai: "Well look again!"

Samus: "He's not a boss hazard."

Sakurai: "Well look again!"