• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
What if Robin is a Zelda clone and Chrom is her Phantom Slash?

D

Deleted member

I've recently become preoccupied with what the post-content teaser will be at the end of this trailer, considering the whole Dark Pit thing at the end of Palutena's trailer.

Here's hoping it's FE/Robin related.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've recently become preoccupied with what the post-content teaser will be at the end of this trailer, considering the whole Dark Pit thing at the end of Palutena's trailer.

Here's hoping it's FE/Robin related.
Maybe Chrom will randomly show up as an Assist Trophy in the middle of Shulk's trailer.

D

Deleted member

Maybe Chrom will randomly show up as an Assist Trophy in the middle of Shulk's trailer.
Chrom: ANYTHING CAN CHANGE!
Shulk: Assist Trophy! Lend me your power!
*Chrom is an Assist Trophy*
Shulk: BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE ASSIST TROPHYADO!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Maybe Chrom will be selling corn in the middle of Shulk's trailer.
I bet that's one of the skills he and Lucina learn when he marries Random Village Girl.

"Cornstand: brings in a small amount of gold when within 3 spaces of enemies as they viciously storm his stand to buy all the corn"

or

"Cornstand: all enemies within 3 spaces will only attack the holder of this skill because they all hate corn."

:awesome:

-4/Corn

Best Skill in the game.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Showing Chrom as an Assist Trophy in Shulk's trailer? That's so wrong :joyful:

But it'll feel so right.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Showing Chrom as an Assist Trophy in Shulk's trailer? That's so wrong :joyful:

But it'll feel so right.
Gematsu leak is real...no, wait, the Gematsu leak is false...Shulk is confirmed, but, Chrom isn't playable...i don't know what to say anymore...GAAAAHHHH

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, Robin thread's thoughts on the latest Sal "leak"? Seems suspicious, IMO. The guy probably just came to the same conclusion everyone else did that we have Monado Monday.

I'd absolutely love this Monday to both confirm Shulk and disconfirm Chrom. It'd be hilarious, but I find it unlikely.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, Robin thread's thoughts on the latest Sal "leak"? Seems suspicious, IMO. The guy probably just came to the same conclusion everyone else did that we have Monado Monday.

I'd absolutely love this Monday to both confirm Shulk and disconfirm Chrom. It'd be hilarious, but I find it unlikely.
It's suspicious no matter which way you look at it. Not that I'm doubting the credibility of the leak, but this just doesn't make a lot of sense. Of course, I've already shared my thoughts on the matter.

You know, this leaker is just a really strange guy.

Hong

The Strongest
Of course the leak is real.

Doesn't really matter a whole lot given that the leaks happen in such a short time frame from it becoming public information.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Of course the leak is real.

Doesn't really matter a whole lot given that the leaks happen in such a short time frame from it becoming public information.
The fact of the matter is than everyone already believed it was Shulk anyway. But agreed, it hardly matters due to how short the time frame is.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait, there's been another leak?
I don't know if its actually a leak, or the leaker saw all the Xenoblade retweets and came to the same conclusion everyone else did: Monado Monday. He emailed Sal and said "Enjoy my man Shulk!"

The fact is everyone thought it was Shulk anyway. Now people are going to start screaming again about how Gematsu is Gospel and we've got no one else but the leaked newcomers, even though it was already made blatantly obvious who the Monday reveal was going to be.

Now I'm just wondering when they would announce the FE newcomer. Or if they'd tease at the FE newcomer in Shulk's trailer.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wait, there's been another leak?
Sal posted in the Shulk thread saying he got another e-mail. This time it said something along the lines of "enjoy my good friend Shulk." This was just recently.

Personally, I think this is a bit of good news for us. It raises a few questions about just what kind of information this guy has.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Do we even know that that account IS Sal, first off?

Secondly, no matter what happens, batten down the hatches and prepare for either the "GEMATSU IS GOSPEL AND YOU ARE BLASHPHEMERS!!!!!" or "MY GOD WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME?!?!?!" ****storms.

If I disappear from the forums for a few days, you'll know why.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm surprise there has been such a response. As said, it isn't a surprise anymore. Do people still proof that information was leaked after Mii Fighter?

Also, what if Smash Bros is all Robin's dream, and we have been playing as Robin this whole time?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do we even know that that account IS Sal, first off?

Secondly, no matter what happens, batten down the hatches and prepare for either the "GEMATSU IS GOSPEL AND YOU ARE BLASHPHEMERS!!!!!" or "MY GOD WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME?!?!?!" ****storms.

If I disappear from the forums for a few days, you'll know why.
Exactly. That's the only reason I brought it up in this thread. Everyone's going to jump on this mentality and not think twice about it, when we already basically knew Shulk was MOSTLIKELY the Monday announcement anyway. This is the same thing as his "Pokemon from X/Y" and "Animal Crossing Guy" leaks. The one thing he legitimately got that no one expected after the first leak is he got the name of "Mii Fighter."

I still think there's plenty of things against Chrom at this point, so I'm hopefully. At the very least, in a Shulk trailer we should see Ike pop up.

I'm surprise there has been such a response. As said, it isn't a surprise anymore. Do people still proof that information was leaked after Mii Fighter?

Also, what if Smash Bros is all Robin's dream, and we have been playing as Robin this whole time?
No, the question is the way this latest info was leaked. I know the leak is legit, but outdated. If he said "Shulk will be announced mid-July" that'd be one thing, its just the way this latest "leak" was presented.

Hong

The Strongest
No, the question is the way this latest info was leaked. I know the leak is legit, but outdated. If he said "Shulk will be announced mid-July" that'd be one thing, its just the way this latest "leak" was presented.
Oh, the "people" remark wasn't aimed at you or anyone in this thread.

And yeah. I think from the second leak, I take it this guy just likes to give Sal information.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Seeing all the people screaming "SAL HAS SPOKEN!" made me want to throw up.

Least it's a character I wanted, but I will always look down on leaks in general.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Sometimes I feel like this is one of the few places with intelligent people left. Where else can you safely talk about the Gematsu leak as it is without being told it's real and not to question it?

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Seeing all the people screaming "SAL HAS SPOKEN!" made me want to throw up.

Least it's a character I wanted, but I will always look down on leaks in general.
You and me are in the same boat. Seeing everyone congratulate Shulk on getting in... Ugh. I was SO EXCITED for the reveal. This leak has ruined anticipation. If Shulk shows up tomorrow, nobody is going to shut up about Sal. If he doesn't then I'm not going to have my most wanted character!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You and me are in the same boat. Seeing everyone congratulate Shulk on getting in... Ugh. I was SO EXCITED for the reveal. This leak has ruined anticipation. If Shulk shows up tomorrow, nobody is going to shut up about Sal. If he doesn't then I'm not going to have my most wanted character!
The fact of the matter is Shulk is pretty much guaranteed at this point either way. This new "leak" doesn't mean anything, and it'd be really nice if it turns out Shulk isn't revealed in the morning because it means that Sal's leaker doesn't know everything and we may even get someone other than Chrom as an FE rep. Either way, I HATE how people also scream that Gematsu is all we've got, which is ludicrous.

The Sal diehards shoving things in people's faces is driving me nuts, and are also being ridiculous when they attack character support threads, which I've seen happen both for Robin, Isaac, Ridley (well Ridley doesn't just get Sal diehards), and K. Rool (considering these are my most frequented threads that kinda makes sense those are the ones I'd know about).

Will Robin's hair be as fabulous as that of Zero Suit Samus?
We can only hope! She's got plenty of great hairstyles, and I really like that white hair color as her default. (Sorry for derailing the thread, Hong, I'm just frustrated. :p)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's embarrassing for me to say this, but I really, really like the hair textures for this game, to the point of gushing. It's part of the reason why I want to see a female Robin that's playable...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Maybe. But it will never be as fabulous as Link's :troll:
Seriously, though, ZSS's hair is the best that we've seen yet. I'm not sure if Robin's can match it. It'll probably be amazing if she makes it in, but maybe not as good as ZSS's.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I find it kind of interesting that so many people refer Robin as a she. I mean I played Robin as a male (and I didn't even name them Robin) so I guess that's why it stands out to me. Not that Robin has a defined gender but I think people tend to pick one or the other because it would get tiring saying 'he/she.'

Hong

The Strongest
It's embarrassing for me to say this, but I really, really like the hair textures for this game, to the point of gushing. It's part of the reason why I want to see a female Robin that's playable...
Nothing embarrassing in the admiration of art.

From a personal standpoint, I envy it.:love:
Maybe. But it will never be as fabulous as Link's :troll:
Seriously, though, ZSS's hair is the best that we've seen yet. I'm not sure if Robin's can match it. It'll probably be amazing if she makes it in, but maybe not as good as ZSS's.
I think Marth has him beat.
I find it kind of interesting that so many people refer Robin as a she. I mean I played Robin as a male (and I didn't even name them Robin) so I guess that's why it stands out to me. Not that Robin has a defined gender but I think people tend to pick one or the other because it would get tiring saying 'he/she.'
It's a given.

I always default to she, where as some people either default to he, or use he because their Robin is a man. In this thread we don't take it as disrespectful, and just acknowledge it as saving time.

That said, a lot of us would prefer if Robin♀ was the default, due to the overall gender representation in Smash Bros and that of Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I like saying "she" because I think Robin would mostlikely default to female if she was chosen (with male as an alt like WFT; and its better than saying he/she) because female Robin would be a good contrast to that tomboy Marth and manly Ike.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Nope. I always use he/she when referring to Robin.

Though I view Robin as a boy simply because that is the Robin I am accustomed to.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That said, a lot of us would prefer if Robin♀ was the default, due to the overall gender representation in Smash Bros and that of Fire Emblem.
Agreed.

Intelligent Systems has done wonders for female representation in Fire Emblem with respect to the other Nintendo franchises, as many of them range from being kind-hearted to unabashedly evil. There are well-developed, three dimensional characters, and then there are those who are as flat as a cardboard (which is the same you could say of the males). There isn't even very much blatant fan service aside from some of the villains, and yet even then the males can be given the same treatment.

I mean if you compare it to Metroid, sure it had one of the first female protagonists in a video game, but by this point Samus is pretty much relegated to being a sex symbol. :urg:

I am so glad for the existence of the Fire Emblem series, and I'm proud to be a fan of it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think Marth has him beat.
I left him out because no one can challenge his fabulousness Embarrass
It's a given.

I always default to she, where as some people either default to he, or use he because their Robin is a man. In this thread we don't take it as disrespectful, and just acknowledge it as saving time.

I will never get over the fact that English doesn't have a gender neutral pronoun for people. It's a serious oversight in our language. (Along with the lack of a plural you, but I digress.)

That said, I prefer the female pronoun because I expect (and prefer) the female Robin to be the default in Smash if s/he ever gets in.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
The fact of the matter is Shulk is pretty much guaranteed at this point either way. This new "leak" doesn't mean anything, and it'd be really nice if it turns out Shulk isn't revealed in the morning because it means that Sal's leaker doesn't know everything and we may even get someone other than Chrom as an FE rep. Either way, I HATE how people also scream that Gematsu is all we've got, which is ludicrous.

The Sal diehards shoving things in people's faces is driving me nuts, and are also being ridiculous when they attack character support threads, which I've seen happen both for Robin, Isaac, Ridley (well Ridley doesn't just get Sal diehards), and K. Rool (considering these are my most frequented threads that kinda makes sense those are the ones I'd know about).
Well I totally expect Shulk to be a shoo-in, and I've felt that since before Gematsu. But I still really wanna see him, ya know? But yeah, I'd prefer a different reveal tomorrow NOW, although before this Sal thing, I really DID want him tomorrow.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So the source chimed in again? Seems awfully late to make a guess worth any substance...but if it's correct, there's still the fact of the source providing new info.

Hong did speculate they might be on the staff in charge of putting final touches on announcements, which would explain the late letter. But then how does that account for all the characters they namedropped far ahead of when they were announced? And what about Rosalina and Greninja, who the source said nothing about even up to her trailer (for the former) and only knew it was a Pokemon from Gen 6 but not which one (for the latter)?

Thoughts, everyone? Does this would-be announcement help us profile the source any more, or does it make things more complicated? Does it lend any more to the chance of Chrom having been replaced by Robin, other than the fact that Shulk was the only remaining source of hype in the Gematsu Trio, indirectly making it more likely there are secret high-hype characters the source missed?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So the source chimed in again? Seems awfully late to make a guess worth any substance...but if it's correct, there's still the fact of the source providing new info.

Hong did speculate they might be on the staff in charge of putting final touches on announcements, which would explain the late letter. But then how does that account for all the characters they namedropped far ahead of when they were announced? And what about Rosalina and Greninja, who the source said nothing about even up to her trailer (for the former) and only knew it was a Pokemon from Gen 6 but not which one (for the latter)?

Thoughts, everyone? Does this would-be announcement help us profile the source any more, or does it make things more complicated? Does it lend any more to the chance of Chrom having been replaced by Robin, other than the fact that Shulk was the only remaining source of hype in the Gematsu Trio, indirectly making it more likely there are secret high-hype characters the source missed?
I don't think it means anything. Gematsu diehards are going to say it does... but the fact is that in this case, he literally did not need to get any new information to accurately guess it was Shulk. If Shulk is revealed, it means nothing (except Gematsu diehards are going to get even worse). The only thing it would change is if Shulk isn't revealed. If Shulk isn't revealed, it only proves the guy can't be trusted 100% for everything, and THAT would help Robin. If Shulk is revealed, it means nothing except Gematsu diehards will hit even harder against people supporting non-Gematsu characters.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Gematsu diehards...that's a nice term. I think I'm going to use it.

On another note, I don't think I can sleep with less than eight hours to go. And I need that sleep!

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Do you guys expect Robin to be in instead of Chrom or Robin and Chrom to be in or Robin to be DLC?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do you guys expect Robin to be in instead of Chrom or Robin and Chrom to be in or Robin to be DLC?
I expect one Awakening character, no more, no less. I highly doubt we'll get both Robin and Chrom. At this point I expect Chrom, but Robin is right behind him, and I think its incredibly likely Robin might get in over Chrom, however I still believe at this point Chrom is more likely (I just don't want him and don't feel that Ike, Marth, and Chrom together represent the entirety of Fire Emblem very well).

Top Bottom