• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IronFish

Smash Ace
I started a new file in Awakening last night with default Robin, which admittedly feels kinda strange since he's his own character now and not some projection of myself or whatever.

Anyway, I've stopped at Arena Ferox (go figure) and I realized something. Chrom is really dense. When he first fights the Risen and meets Lucina "Marth" he doesn't even recognize that "he" is wielding Falchion until they fight each other in the arena. I know it was nighttime, but he was still looking straight at the sword and didn't notice.

Meanwhile Robin recovers from the good ol' severe amnesia cleche in record time to become the army's most brilliant tactician (granted not all memory is restored until later but still).
You just now noticed that Chrom is dense. I mean intelligence wise Chrom is the stupidest lord ever.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Plot twist: New FE character is revealed Monday. It's neither Robin nor Chrom. It's Ike...

D. Eisenhower.

Hong

The Strongest
He looks pretty damn sharp with that headband.

Interestingly enough, if you pick the male MU as a Mercenary in FE12 and wear the headband Cecil gives you, you'll look just like Ike with blue hair!

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
On a not completely unrelated note, I think I just had the best support "conversation" ever happen between Ike and Soren.
"Soren, shall we watch each other's back?" - "Yes, Ike."

Man do I miss Awakenings support convos in this game...
Hm, IIRC Path of Radiance had decent ones, too. Such a shame.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
On a not completely unrelated note, I think I just had the best support "conversation" ever happen between Ike and Soren.
"Soren, shall we watch each other's back?" - "Yes, Ike."

Man do I miss Awakenings support convos in this game...
Hm, IIRC Path of Radiance had decent ones, too. Such a shame.
Though on a similar topic, what's everyone's favorite FE13 support conversation? I love MRobinXAversa

Hong

The Strongest
Almost any of the support conversations with Nowi.

They are, for the most part, sweet and adorable. She scarcely acts one-thousandth her age, so she creates the illusion that the character is interacting with a child.

Robin should throw a rock as a taunt attack.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
There are far to many I love for me to pick a favorite. I can give my honorable mentions of the day though! I really like how in the hot springs DLC, many of the future characters open up to Robin or their comrades and reveal a bit more of why they act the way they do. I particularly like Owain and Robin's dialogue there.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

They are, for the most part, sweet and adorable. She scarcely acts one-thousandth her age, so she creates the illusion that the character is interacting with a child.

Robin should throw a rock as a taunt attack.
Uh...

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
True. Most of support conversations with Nowi are quite entretaining. The propose one got me by surprise because she suddenly matures when MRobin proposes.

And I guess many of the Lucina supports conversations are quite depressing. It's always about the tension of saving the future and the downness, but the dialogue with her brother/sister about wieling Falchion is the best one in my opinion. This should allow that character wield the sword as well!

Reginleif

Smash Ace
@ Reginleif Reginleif made it a fashion to include a small image of Kermit the Frog sipping tea at the end of his posts. Eventually, this became a small gag in the Lucina and Robin's threads, and whenever you would make a smooth post, you would include it at the end of your message. Of course, it was becoming spam when users started to post nothing the image in their posts, especially when the image is needlessly large and disruptive. Given that I had already previously warned users against this, I expect no more of it.

A part of it is my fault, given that I am the most merciful and lenient moderator that frequents these character threads. That said, when I've given a verbal warning, the line is drawn. You know I do not like having to discipline users, but I am failing my duty if I do not. As such, I would prefer if people would stop making me feel bad about having to do it. :) Please get back on topic.
I've created a monster

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Well, I beat Awakening finally and I have to say that I would really like to see these characters(in this order):
Robin > Lucina > Anna > Chrom
P.S. I really like all the characters above.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well yes.

The blatant attempt at sex appeal in Nowi's design is what makes her such a mixed bag. I hate to see her, but she has funny dialogue. If only she had an outfit like Tiki (classic, not the brothel attire she has now) or Nah, she would be fine.
Sexualizing the "little girl that becomes intimidating dragon" should've never been done. Seriously. That bothers me so much.

I'm so glad that they didn't sexualize the female Robin, at the very least.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Sexualizing the "little girl that becomes intimidating dragon" should've never been done. Seriously. That bothers me so much.

I'm so glad that they didn't sexualize the female Robin, at the very least.
I feel like FE is pretty good when it comes to not sexualizing women, which is why Nowi, the Bride class and the DLC pictures confuse me even more. The game has decent female characters and then just throws in a lolita, a borderline insulting stereotype and Fanservice pictures?
At least they try to subvert all three of them at least a tiny bit, with Nowi actually being quite childlike and not sultry, the Bride class being actually kind of kickass and the pictures being disguised as a scam on the Shepards. But still...

Though on a similar topic, what's everyone's favorite FE13 support conversation? I love MRobinXAversa
I was about to bring up the conversation between Nowi and Tiki where they want to go stargazing, but then I realized that's a DLC conversation since Tiki and Nowi usually can't build support. For some reason. It wouldn't be my absolute favorite I think, but it is quite heartwarming.
However, I do like Nah's and Tiki's support. Mainly because it becomes incredibly ironic in a game where TIki marries Robin and like 30% of what she says gets invalidated.
Then again, if you do recruit Nah beforehand and build her support, one could argue that talking to her made Tiki realize she had to be more open herself.
Too bad I never do that ;)

In the end there's a lot of supports I really like though. Couldn't find one that sticks out in my mind as particularly great but on the other hand there are very few that I don't like either.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Robin and Gaius... Gaius and Libra... Robin and Fredrick.. Robin and Anna... Olivia and Maribelle... just off the top of my head.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I liked the support between Male Robin and Tiki. Because Robin points out that Chrom would look similar to Marth.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I feel like FE is pretty good when it comes to not sexualizing women, which is why Nowi, the Bride class and the DLC pictures confuse me even more. The game has decent female characters and then just throws in a lolita, a borderline insulting stereotype and Fanservice pictures?
At least they try to subvert all three of them at least a tiny bit, with Nowi actually being quite childlike and not sultry, the Bride class being actually kind of kickass and the pictures being disguised as a scam on the Shepards. But still...
Because Awakening is more anime than any entry prior. The problem can be traced as early as how a few of the female classes, such as the cavalier, have magically lost their pants. And out of all irony it is the characters like Lucina, who just use the solid design fundamentals the series has relied on without any fanservice, that have the greatest fandom.
I liked the support between Male Robin and Tiki. Because Robin points out that Chrom would look similar to Marth.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
He did? I recall Tiki thinking just that about Lucina, when she described who she was as a person instead of her imitation of "Marth".

I also kind of liked Tiki's supports with a female Robin, in which Robin started eavesdropping on Tiki's dreams and started wondering if she "like liked" him.

...now I really want to see Tiki as an AT.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Because Awakening is more anime than any entry prior. The problem can be traced as early as how a few of the female classes, such as the cavalier, have magically lost their pants. And out of all irony it is the characters like Lucina, who just use the solid design fundamentals the series has relied on without any fanservice, that have the greatest fandom.
*cough*
He did? I recall Tiki thinking just that about Lucina, when she described who she was as a person instead of her imitation of "Marth".

I also kind of liked Tiki's supports with a female Robin, in which Robin started eavesdropping on Tiki's dreams and started wondering if she "like liked" him.

If I can't have her as a playable character, I want her as an assist. And since Phosphora proved that characters first revealed as trophies can become Assists, I'm hopeful.

Don't made me sad about my avatar :sadeyes:
</3

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

If I recall, the support has Tiki telling Robin that he "resembles" Marth, and that the similarity was bothering her. Towards the end, she inadvertently calls him Mar-Mar. In the second support, Robin talks to Tiki about the matter, and asks Tiki he "resembles" Marth more than Chrom, who's Marth's direct descendant. Then Tiki says she was talking about Robin's personality, not looks.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If I recall, the support has Tiki telling Robin that he "resembles" Marth, and that the similarity was bothering her. Towards the end, she inadvertently calls him Mar-Mar. In the second support, Robin talks to Tiki about the matter, and asks Tiki he "resembles" Marth more than Chrom, who's Marth's direct descendant. Then Tiki says she was talking about Robin's personality, not looks.
Ah. Well then..

Robin confirmed to be a clone of Marth.

Hong

The Strongest
Robin is now the ultimate troll of Awakening.

Mind control? What are you talking about? She stabbed Chrom because it's hilarious.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nah, Robin just resembles Marth in personality.

Chrom's the one who is officially stated to physically resemble Marth.
I meant it to be a jest.. but don't worry about it.

Mind control? What are you talking about? She stabbed Chrom because it's hilarious.
I nominate Henry for ultimate troll.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Favorite supports? Owain and Severa, Inigo and Noire, and Lon'qu and Nowi (up until S of course 'cause I'm always creeped out when she gets married.)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Ooo, I'll support! Robin>Chrom in my opinion. There's more to FE than swords. :c

On the current topic, though, I don't see what's wrong with Nowi. I just find her childish personality apart of who she is.

SOME pairings with Nowi would be pretty weird, though. Most aren't in my opinion.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Ooo, I'll support! Robin>Chrom in my opinion. There's more to FE than swords. :c

On the current topic, though, I don't see what's wrong with Nowi. I just find her childish personality a part of who she is.
We like her personality. At least I do.

It's just the thing where she walks around in a hooker outfit... with the appearance of a child.

Granted, I'm happy Nintendo didn't censor such a thing.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
We like her personality. At least I do.

It's just the thing where she walks around in a hooker outfit... with the appearance of a child.

Granted, I'm happy Nintendo didn't censor such a thing.
Well, I don't see anything wrong with her clothing. It IS a bit skin-showing, but oddly I do like all of the bows. Overall though, I don't really think it's that bad.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So I've been thinking about the upcoming character reveal, and I've come up with a list of potential outcomes and what they'd mean for us:

-Shulk revealed: Seems to be the most likely right now. While he is part of the leak, I think Shulk being revealed might actually help our chances. Out of the Gematsu Trio, he's the only one of them that'd really generate any significant hype. If the trio were the only remaining newcomers, it'd mean we'd only have two kept secret until release...half as many as Brawl, and with zero hype creators when Brawl at least still had Lucario. It increases the chance of there being newcomers not mentioned on the list...or of the other two on the list having been held back until release for very specific reasons, such as them being given room to work with months ago to be replaced if needed. And at this point, wouldn't Robin create more hype from Fire Emblem fans than the "what took you so long" reaction Chrom would get? Sakurai and the gang have to realize that.

Plus, with how popular the guy is, it's not like no one's expecting him.

-Chorus Men revealed: If they're in, it heavily decreases the chance of Chrom having been replaced while also dropping the odds of us getting 4 Fire Emblem reps, since what are the odds of both FE newcomers being kept secret until release? We'd probably have to start looking toward DLC.

-Chrom revealed: Believe it or not, it might be a little better for us than the Chorus Men. If Chrom gets revealed two months before the Japanese release and three before it comes out overseas, it still leaves a chance for there to be a fourth Fire Emblem character waiting in the folds of the unrevealed. If not, Robin would at least be the frontrunner for a Fire Emblem DLC character, should they choose to make DLC newcomers.

-Non-Gematsu Newcomer revealed: The best outcome yet, since it'd prove the leak is not the final say just as we've been claiming all along. With that would come a greater chance of the leak, despite being accurate at some point, not being accurate any longer.

-Non-Chorus Men Rhythm Heaven Character revealed: Even better, it'd confirm the leak wasn't accurate any more and raise the chance of Chrom having been booted out.

-Robin revealed: The best outcome, of course...but we'd need luck on the level of dodging an attack that had 95% hit.

-Non-Robin Non-Chrom Fire Emblem Character revealed: The least likely so far (in my honest-but-biased opinion, at least >_>). Our odds would be close to if Chrom was revealed, but maybe slightly less likely with the chance of the leak still being right about the characters it mentioned...not to mention the leak fundamentalists breathing down our necks.

And since there may be more revealed in the trailer than just a newcomer:

-Mewtwo revealed: Would basically have the same effect as as a non-Gematsu newcomer.

-Chrom shown as Assist Trophy/Collectable Trophy: Would simultaneously raise Robin's chances through the roof and shut up the leak fundies.

-Robin shown as Assist Trophy/Collectable Trophy/part of Chrom's Final Smash: It's all over...

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Plot twist: Robin is a Marth clone
Plot twist: Lucina was to join the fight as a Tactician but was scrapped in favour of Robin as a Marth clone.
-Chorus Men revealed: If they're in, it heavily decreases the chance of Chrom having been replaced while also dropping the odds of us getting 4 Fire Emblem reps, since what are the odds of both FE newcomers being kept secret until release? We'd probably have to start looking toward DLC.
Explain.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Plot twist: Lucina was to join the fight as a Tactician but was scrapped in favour of Robin as a Marth clone.
Explain.
Plot twist: The trailer shows Tactician Lucina being slayed by a Myrmidon Robin but then is overtaken by Dread Fighter Chrom and everyone is happy since Chrom offers Swords, Tomes, and Axes.

Hong

The Strongest
Plot twist: The trailer shows Tactician Lucina being slayed by a Myrmidon Robin but then is overtaken by Dread Fighter Chrom and everyone is happy since Chrom offers Swords, Tomes, and Axes.
But does he know why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Robin said:
(She's going to catch her death of cold. If only I had a cloak to put over her...)
Yep, ultimate troll confirmed. "Looks like she freezes do death out here. Better give her a cloak... but not MINE. My cloak is so cool, it would make things worse!"

On the current topic, though, I don't see what's wrong with Nowi. I just find her childish personality apart of who she is.

SOME pairings with Nowi would be pretty weird, though. Most aren't in my opinion.
I'm on the opposite camp. Because of her looks AND her childish nature, most pairings with her are just plain icky.
The only characters I ever pair her up with are Donnel and Ricken since they look quite young themselves, and even then I can't help but think about the fact that her partners will eventually grow up and she'll stay a kid for their entire lifetime.
If it wasn't my perfectionistic streak getting me to partner her up to get all characters, I'd probably leave her unmarried.

So I've been thinking about the upcoming character reveal, and I've come up with a list of potential outcomes and what they'd mean for us: [...]
I don't necessarily agree on what would and what wouldn't increase our chances. There's still at least one Nintendo Direct coming up and maybe even another one during Gamescon before the game releases, so I see plenty of opportunities for new character announcements until then.
I do like the amount of time and thought you put into the post though.

But does he know why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
Or how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Last edited:
Top Bottom