• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
You must be so stinkin' used to that lag. You were doing fine and I could barely do anything.
Lol nope that kind of lag is my least favourite :p

Literally half of Pika's moves were moves I didn't want to input but it did anyway because of the lag making him and DP just a nightmare to play as

And Rosa's recovery

Idk what happened to our Internet, our doubles seemed fine :/

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If you die to Halberd's hazards you only have yourself to blame.

Whether it be for accidentally touching them, you were thrown into them, hell, maybe you got your shield broken by the laser somehow and killed for it(I've seen this happen).

The hazards can be adapted to, so there's really no problem with it being legal.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Lol nope that kind of lag is my least favourite :p

Literally half of Pika's moves were moves I didn't want to input but it did anyway because of the lag making him and DP just a nightmare to play as

And Rosa's recovery

Idk what happened to our Internet, our doubles seemed fine :/
Could have been my internet. Its bipolar sometimes. It works 1 minute and could stop working the next.
It was legal in some regions during the Brawl days, but scrubby whiners (for lack of a better word) complained that they didn't want to learn how to do combat in 'altered physics' transitions and insisted that the treadmill is a lame camp-fest, so they whined until it got banned in most regions.

That distaste carried over, unsurprisingly.

Strictly speaking, there is no legitimate reason to ban PS2. It is banned purely out of distaste.
Another thing I can add to the list of why I have a dislike for competitive Smash.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Well, first of all, I also support Wuhu legal and have it legal at my tournaments. So there's that.

Second, you have it backwards. When it comes to stages, the question is not 'why do we need it?' but instead 'why should it be banned?' The burden of proof is on the party who wants to ban a stage, not the other way around. Many people forget this, even top players (like a certain dominant Smash 4 EVO winner)

Halberd is a fine stage competitively because all of its hazards are SUPER telegraphed. You have upwards of 5 seconds to see every hazard coming. If you got hit, it was because you chose to, or were outplayed by your opponent (and got hit INTO something)
Well I think I see where you're coming from. I guess, just looking at the stage list, I wasn't quite getting why of all stages a stage that actively attacks you would be deemed "Not bad enough" to be legal. Like Delfino is disruptive in the sense that transitions are weird and walkoffs but it's so minimal i understand why it wasn't a big deal. The hazards on halberd always seemed like a major outlier, because even with the warning I always saw it as majorly disruptive. Even high level players get hit by The bomb or the claw. (Not so much the lazer to my knowledge) and it always seemed so weird.

Thank you!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It was legal in some regions during the Brawl days, but scrubby whiners (for lack of a better word) complained that they didn't want to learn how to do combat in 'altered physics' transitions and insisted that the treadmill is a lame camp-fest, so they whined until it got banned in most regions.

That distaste carried over, unsurprisingly.

Strictly speaking, there is no legitimate reason to ban PS2. It is banned purely out of distaste.
Keitaro loves randoming at The Break and he ended up fighting Nakat on Pokémon Stadium 2 and it looked fine. Pokémon Stadium 1 was used in Melee and Brawl? and it was fine. People either stopped and waited for the rock terrain to go away or just went with it. Compared to raised ceilings during stage transitions or environmental hazards like on Halberd, it seems pretty tame. Delfino and Halberd going away for Pokémon Stadium 2 and Peach's Castle (64) might be better. Peach's Castle (64) was found to be pretty normal from what I read. Castle Siege can stay since outside of obstacles, there's nothing insane there like a giant bomb comes flying at you. Omega Stages are a small issue since there's apparently small details like terrain actually affecting movement. Windy Hill Zone's grass does affect traction, but it's not a big deal. Omegas with walls instead of the usual Final Destination layout changes how people can recover, but once again, not a big deal.

I don't know, it could be something like Final Destination/Omega Suzaku Castle, Palutena's Temple, or whatever for the bright lights issue, Battlefield/Miiverse, and Smashville as starters. Counterpicks are Lylat Cruise, Dream Land, Castle Siege, Pokémon Stadium 2, Peach's Castle (64), and Town and City with maybe Omega stages with walled bottoms. Delfino and Halberd can stay only if Smashville and Town and City are removed from the game. I hate those stages and I don't even play on them a lot. I just hate them. :p

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
There is no reason for Delfino or Halberd to go anywhere, and anyone who thinks otherwise probably has an illogical reason for it.

Those stages were legal for literally Brawl's ENTIRE LIFESPAN and nobody batted an eye.

Now suddenly ZSS kills off the top and that's just too much? Cry me a goddamn river Styx and then get pole-****ed by Charon the boat-man.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There is no reason for Delfino or Halberd to go anywhere, and anyone who thinks otherwise probably has an illogical reason for it.

Those stages were legal for literally Brawl's ENTIRE LIFESPAN and nobody batted an eye.

Now suddenly ZSS kills off the top and that's just too much? Cry me a goddamn river Styx and then get pole-****ed by Charon the boat-man.
I couldn't resist.

ps6lx.jpg

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Still hate Smashville and Town and City. They're not pretty, they're not cool, and they're not violent. I need violent stages that oozes kill intent like Suzaku Castle. :p

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Why is Mario galaxy banned? That stage is legit. There is nothing wrong with it.

Halberd is an awesome stage. Its your fault if you get hi by a hazard. The stage demands you to pay attention to it. If your clever, you can drive your foe into the hazards. Plus it looks cool.

Well maybe some people just like a stage that doesn't move. Sure it means they have trouble learning to adapt to new environments, but christ on a bike are some sections unplayable for some characters. I like delfino, but I can't do that section where its just the island and its surrounded by water.

Not to mention most of brawls stages weren't that legit anyways.

But thats just what I think.

:link:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
So this "BAN HALBERD" thing is relatively new? I wasn't around for the brawl days. beyond like, watching a few tourneys and going "Wow look at theses characters beating each other up! i like that character, I want them to win! :D"

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The tilt has nothing to do with it.

Mario Galaxy is banned because it's a permanent walk-off, and those lead to degenerate gameplay where the fight is focused SOLELY ON THE WALK-OFF (if whoever is ahead is playing to win).

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771

I don't see any reason why they should be banned.
Also that last part. I prefer getting Aether'd by Chrom's Falchion.
Still hate Smashville and Town and City. They're not pretty, they're not cool, and they're not violent. I need violent stages that oozes kill intent like Suzaku Castle. :p
Eh, I could care less about the whole aesthetics of the thing. As long as I can SUp-Air with Robin and kill at relatively low percents, I'm fine.

D

Deleted member

Lylat Cruise is best stage.

I love that stage even if I'm not playing the Link/Robin MU.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
degenerate gameplay
I am a firm believer that humans are ******** and degenerate, dishonest, unfair, and dirty play is always in effect. This is why I laugh when people say a character('s gameplay), stage, or player's play style is "honest".

Eh, I could care less about the whole aesthetics of the thing. As long as I can SUp-Air with Robin and kill at relatively low percents, I'm fine.
B-but BLOOD AND THUNDER! makes everything nice and red. :p

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
So then, :eldin: should be legal. Because there is a section when there is not a walk off, It does not mess with projectiles and the hazards are telegraphed. Right?

Lylat Cruise is best stage.

I love that stage even if I'm not playing the Link/Robin MU.
I DESPISE THAT HORRIBLE STAGE!!!

THE RECOVERING PART KILLS ME ALL THE TIME!

AND IT WON't STOP TILTING!

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
So then, :eldin: should be legal. Because there is a section when there is not a walk off, It does not mess with projectiles and the hazards are telegraphed. Right?
What? Eldin is always a walkoff. The middle part vanishes occasionally, but the walkoffs remain.

Omega coliseum anybody?
*cricket*
only if it had better music.

(Id purpose and the devoted are the only good ones. :/)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Volatile stages that I enjoy competitively, and it sucks that they are gone:

Brinstar 64
Hyrule 64
Mute City (Melee)
Norfair
Corneria
Pokéfloats

Of those, the only one I can fully agree with being banned is Corneria in Melee because drill shine has gone from being a gift to being the standard. Stages like Mute City have VERY STRONG implications... which I don't mind.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
And then Omega all Kirby stages + Dreamland because Kirby's music is best.
This is correct. It is a travesty that Fountain of Dreams was not a song untill the dreamland patch.

It ruined the hope for Fountain of Dreams stage back though. D: That stage was beautiful.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I DESPISE THAT HORRIBLE STAGE!!!

THE RECOVERING PART KILLS ME ALL THE TIME!

AND IT WON't STOP TILTING!
Even as a :4tlink: player, I have no problems with Lylat Cruise. :) I thank Massive Hero Soccer Guy for the hookshot.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
I am a firm believer that humans are ******** and degenerate, dishonest, unfair, and dirty play is always in effect. This is why I laugh when people say a character('s gameplay), stage, or player's play style is "honest".

B-but BLOOD AND THUNDER! makes everything nice and red. :p
Noire is that you? Dear, what are you doing in real life? I haven't even met Tharja yet!
But seriously, I ****ing raged so hard yesterday I had to ORA ORA ORA a punching bag to calm down. The guy on Roll Glory was doing EVERYTHING he could to piss me off and be unfair. Exploiting my character's lack of movement, using delay to his advantage and rolling away every chance he could, ****ing T-bagging and footstooling every chance he could. I swear it was one of the ****iest matches I've ever played in my whole ****ing life. ORA ORA ORA is a great stress reliever...

D

Deleted member

This is correct. It is a travesty that Fountain of Dreams was not a song untill the dreamland patch.

It ruined the hope for Fountain of Dreams stage back though. D: That stage was beautiful.
Although the FoD dream is dead I'm still hoping for Yoshi's Story to make a return with it's ultra small blast zones and Randall.

That would be fun.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Yeah, I can see why you love Dipper so much. First episode I just thought, "Oh my god it's Falsie in a 12-year-old's body."

I just finished "Fight Fighters". Definitely my favourite episode thus far. As a devout Street Fighter enthusiast, I squee'd the entire episode.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THAT I HAVE FISTS!
How are you not part of the Gravity Falls Social Forum yet?

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Although the FoD dream is dead I'm still hoping for Yoshi's Story to make a return with it's ultra small blast zones and Randall.

That would be fun.
Only if the music was good. Music is the most important element of the stage.

Omega Gaur Plains.
You can't go wrong with Xenoblade music.
Xenoblade medley was kinda eh.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Omega Gaur Plains.
You can't go wrong with Xenoblade music.
You have your mind in the right. :)
I just wished they picked more songs out of the usual, expected ones.

The medley should've featured the two remixes separately imo.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The only stage I dislike is Duck Hunt.

It's a great stage, but holy ****, I get distracted easily.

Otherwise I'm very open-minded.

Delfino? Halberd? Castle Siege? Pokésta2?

I LOVE IT~! :3

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I liek castle siege becuz i can git teh jank across b kills :4darkpit: Castle Siege is the best~ :4darkpit:

Most of the stages are fine by me

Lylat use to be stupid but they patched it

Delfino can be meh but I don't mind too much if it's chosen

Skyloft gives me bad memories and Pilotwings is sin

D

Deleted member

You have your mind in the right. :)
I just wished they picked more songs out of the usual, expected ones.

The medley should've featured the two remixes separately imo.
I wish they added Unfinished Battle, Colony 9, and an oddball choice of Satorl Marsh - Night.

And yeah, the remixes should have been separate, especially when Mechanical Rhythm and You Will Know Our Names weren't remixed in the medley. Still, the medley was fantastic in my eyes.

Top Bottom