• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
PAGE 1337 ROBIN GORLS

BETTER POST BEFORE IT'S GONE

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah, I can see why you love Dipper so much. First episode I just thought, "Oh my god it's Falsie in a 12-year-old's body."

I just finished "Fight Fighters". Definitely my favourite episode thus far. As a devout Street Fighter enthusiast, I squee'd the entire episode.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THAT I HAVE FISTS!
I'll be honest, judging by your enthusiasm in that first post, I thought you had caught up with the series. If you like what you've seen so far, you're going to be blown away by what comes later. :bee:

And yeah, Dipper's such an adorable nerd, it's hard not to like him. Definitely one of my favorites, although a couple of characters I probably shouldn't name give him some fierce competition. :estatic:

Oh, and if you liked that video game episode, just wait till you get to the Japanese Dating Sim episode.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'll be honest, judging by your enthusiasm in that first post, I thought you had caught up with the series. If you like what you've seen so far, you're going to be blown away by what comes later. :bee:

And yeah, Dipper's such an adorable nerd, it's hard not to like him. Definitely one of my favorites, although a couple of characters I probably shouldn't name give him some fierce competition. :estatic:

Oh, and if you liked that video game episode, just wait till you get to the Japanese Dating Sim episode.
Dipper Pines would be an adorable cosplay~

If somebody had the right body type, Rumble McSkirmish would be good too~

DR KARATE! YOU KILLED MY FATHER AGAIN!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Dipper Pines would be an adorable cosplay~

If somebody had the right body type, Rumble McSkirmish would be good too~

DR KARATE! YOU KILLED MY FATHER AGAIN!
I'm disappointed that there's no Rumble skin for Ryu in Smash.

I mean, I know that's impossible, but still. :c

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720

My, but I certainly HAVE been so very busy as of late. How are my darling fellow Shepherds this fine day?

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Rosa's uair is the best and should never be changed.

Also if you let a rosa take you to halberd you probably deserve getting killed at 30% tbh.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
heeeyy tarot cards!

My knowledge of Tarot decks are pretty limited but i'm not sure i agree with some of the placements. Like wario, for instance. The fool card is the start of the journey of life. Infinite potential, the ability to become anything you want to be. The mii's or villager would fit better.

pretty art though!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm disappointed that there's no Rumble skin for Ryu in Smash.

I mean, I know that's impossible, but still. :c
Now I'm thinking about this Monday. Stanley and Stanford make up already.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
D

Deleted member

Anyone want to play some Smash?

Rosalina's up air isn't even that bad...just ban Halberd and Town & City or Dreamland against her and you don't have to worry about dying at 30%
Ban Dream Land and Town & City? I'll keep this in mind...

D

Deleted member

Yep, they both have low ceilings, but nowhere near as low as Halberd; so Halberd should always be your first ban against Rosalina
I'll keep that in mind, but the tournament that I am going back to banned Halberd and Delfino.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I'm still wondering why Halberd isn't banned. I mean, I love the stage, but we have other options now. There's no reason to keep it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Other options? Like what?

Because I'm smellin' a whole lot of you needin' to git gud and stop complaining.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'll forever ***** about Luma Dair before I gripe about Rosa Uair.

Why the hell can that thing kill at 40.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I love halberd. I love it. i love ridiculously low ko's off the top. i love lazer shenanigans and surprise claw attacks. I love the bomb, and I love the lylat like edges that screw you over. I love being able to go under the stage and attack on the floating sections. I love playing with them and I will abuse it to the best of my ability each time. Halberd is fun.

But...why do we need it? Why is it legal and something like wu hu not? I'll admit my experience in competitve play is limited and i'm probably coming off as a armchair smasher (for which i'm sorry), but i don't understand why a stage that actively attacks you would be considered okay, no matter how obvious it is.

Can someone explain it to me? I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I love halberd. I love it. i love ridiculously low ko's off the top. i love lazer shenanigans and surprise claw attacks. I love the bomb, and I love the lylat like edges that screw you over. I love being able to go under the stage and attack on the floating sections. I love playing with them and I will abuse it to the best of my ability each time. Halberd is fun.

But...why do we need it? Why is it legal and something like wu hu not? I'll admit my experience in competitve play is limited, but i don't undertsand why a stage that actively attacks you would be considered okay, no matter how obvious it is.

Can someone explain it to me? I'm genuinely curious.
Well, first of all, I also support Wuhu legal and have it legal at my tournaments. So there's that.

Second, you have it backwards. When it comes to stages, the question is not 'why do we need it?' but instead 'why should it be banned?' The burden of proof is on the party who wants to ban a stage, not the other way around. Many people forget this, even top players (like a certain dominant Smash 4 EVO winner)

Halberd is a fine stage competitively because all of its hazards are SUPER telegraphed. You have upwards of 5 seconds to see every hazard coming. If you got hit, it was because you chose to, or were outplayed by your opponent (and got hit INTO something)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm still wondering why Halberd isn't banned. I mean, I love the stage, but we have other options now. There's no reason to keep it.
Frankly, that's not how stage banning works, nor how it should.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Hi Robin gorls, I haven't checked here in a few days. No idea what I missed but I see you all took the Kinsey Scale test? I got exclusively homosexual, which is accurate. Nice job Kinsey Scale :secretkpop:
*Using a Pearl avatar*

PAGE 1337 ROBIN GORLS

BETTER POST BEFORE IT'S GONE
UUUUUUUGH!!!!!! I missed the 1337 page!
Now I'll have to revoke my "Memer-Extremer" Card! :sadsheep:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Sorry, Koiba. I can't stand the lag so I'm calling it. GG, though.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Was Pokémon Stadium 2 ever legal? If not, why? Just curious.
It was legal in some regions during the Brawl days, but scrubby whiners (for lack of a better word) complained that they didn't want to learn how to do combat in 'altered physics' transitions and insisted that the treadmill is a lame camp-fest, so they whined until it got banned in most regions.

That distaste carried over, unsurprisingly.

Strictly speaking, there is no legitimate reason to ban PS2. It is banned purely out of distaste.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Yeah I can see that it's fine :p

GGS to yew too~

Anyone else wanna face me with my dumb Internet?
You must be so stinkin' used to that lag. You were doing fine and I could barely do anything.

Top Bottom