• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I literally found the greatest thing ever
image.jpg

straightouttasomewhere.com

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well if we're still posting JoJo stuff........

(^I'm still insanely sad that SMBZ was cancelled)
My first introduction to JoJo and I never even knew it was a JoJo reference so I wasn't assimilated then. It took until the whole "It was me, Dio" meme to get me to watch the anime adaptation.

Never mind the video, there's always this.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Lmao where's Pilotwings
Well, see, last tournament I tried to get it taken off the list, because I planned to abuse the crap out of it if it was legal..... but I never dropped a game, so I never got to counterpick it.

This time around I made sure it was off the list. I tried to get Mansion taken off as well, but it's less egregious.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, see, last tournament I tried to get it taken off the list, because I planned to abuse the crap out of it if it was legal..... but I never dropped a game, so I never got to counterpick it.

This time around I made sure it was off the list. I tried to get Mansion taken off as well, but it's less egregious.

Wait, Mansion is legal?
It was sort of softbanned in Brawl.

Also I went to a small tournament and decided to banned Delfino Plaza. **** that stage

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263

Real talk that stage list is mad casual

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Real talk that stage list is mad casual
Sure, yeah. But it's also dittos for the whole tourney, which eliminates a lot of the problems.

Most of the borderline ones on the list have problems for run-away stuff like Kongo, but that's not a problem when both players are playing the same character.

The only ones I'd take off the list are Mansion and Windy Hill, otherwise the list is fine.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
There's also four stage bans, so if you really dislike those 2 you can ban both of them and still have 2 stage bans left, lol.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Speaking of that tournament, throwing out a quick, early good luck and have fun to those participating in it tomorrow!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
They'll need it, they're playing for 2nd place as it is.

:yeahboi:
Justified trash talking at its finest.

I love it.

Edit: Also, there's a party about to start in the Isaac Support Thread. We're going to celebrate. We're going to celebrate and party like Isaac just got announced. And we're doing it for no reason whatsoever.

Edit 2: Speaking of Golden Sun. I found this. It's really good in my opinion:

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
So I'm just gonna get what I think of AA5 off my chest real quick. Excuse me...

I dunno what it is, but it feels like it was trying to get the Ace Attorney feel, but just misses the point. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but definitely my least favorite AA game.

First I'll acknowledge the good. The characters were great as usual, the story was fine, could be better, but it's fine, and the music was great.

My biggest gripe (and really,my only gripe, but it's pretty big for a visual novel) were how some characters, specifically the returning ones, were handled.

Did anyone else notice that Phoenix suddenly became worse at lawyering? Like, just the previous year, the one time we saw him on court he was pretty much running circles around the Murderer of the Week. Even when trilogy!Phoenix bluffed, he had something to go off of. It was pretty much like this:
Trilogy:
"Hm... I think I've got something, but I'll need to bluff to confirm those suspicions. Here's hoping..."

Dual Destinies:
"I have no idea what's going on... I know! I'll bluff and hope for the best! *nervous smile*

C'mon Phoenix, for a legendary lawyer, you sure act like you still use the training finger. Also, how did he drop his act of trickster mentor so quickly? He doesn't need to be exactly the same, but DD didn't take place that long after AJ. He had that act going on for seven years, then drops it after only a few months? Is that even possible? Either way, while he definitely had skills, he did not show a believable amount of experience for someone like him.

I'm probably the only person out there who thinks Apollo was a better character in AJ than in DD. Polly seems to have lost a sense of silliness he had in DD. While he was always serious, he was almost glaringly so in DD. He also went through the same problem he had in 5-5 in 4-1, but he handled it well there; just a few minutes to decide what he wanted to do and roll with it. Here, even after going rouge, he practically begged Nick to give him a bit of hope. That hope wasn't even big. It was literally a leaf, and Apollo was right back on Team Wright. Also, we didn't learn much about him either. "What?! He had a friend in middle school?!" And the only reason he exists is to die and give Athena the spotlight to develop.

Y'know, I almost liked Athena. She has a likable enough personality, and mood matrix was fun, if not spotlight-stealing for the other lawyer's powers. But she was just not necessary.
  • Rookie lawyer to work under Phoenix? What's Apollo, chopped liver?
  • Assistant and Maya clone? Trucy could have filled in quite nicely.
  • Mood Matrix? Aren't magicians supposed to be able to read their audience? Again, Trucy could do that.
  • Re-skin of Edgeworth's backstory? Just have him sum it up to Apollo or something.
Also, thanks to her, Apollo and Trucy might not actually develop their characters, because it would just feel too late.

Speaking of Trucy, I'm pretty sure that the only reason she's around is because she's Phoenix's daughter. She adds literally nothing to the plot. Even when kipnapped, Phoenix did not seem to care at all; he was too busy worrying about his current defendant.

Klavier. Why are you even here? When the mock trial started and it didn't even play like a trial, I knew he would have no role. If a character provides nothing of importance, don't bother writing him in. Also, what a missed opportunity it was not having him as the prosecutor in the dlc case! If Phoenix fought him, it would be like continuing right where he left off!

At least Pearl and Edgeworth did something. The former managed to add some depth to a certain murderer from AJ, and Edgeworth is the reason Phoenix won at all.

So while the game is good, coming from the first four games makes the characters here seem not as well written, which is pretty bad for a visual novel. Some of the writing just feels not as good either.

And that's all, folks![spoiler/]

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
So I'm just gonna get what I think of AA5 off my chest real quick. Excuse me...

I dunno what it is, but it feels like it was trying to get the Ace Attorney feel, but just misses the point. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but definitely my least favorite AA game.

First I'll acknowledge the good. The characters were great as usual, the story was fine, could be better, but it's fine, and the music was great.

My biggest gripe (and really,my only gripe, but it's pretty big for a visual novel) were how some characters, specifically the returning ones, were handled.

Did anyone else notice that Phoenix suddenly became worse at lawyering? Like, just the previous year, the one time we saw him on court he was pretty much running circles around the Murderer of the Week. Even when trilogy!Phoenix bluffed, he had something to go off of. It was pretty much like this:
Trilogy:
"Hm... I think I've got something, but I'll need to bluff to confirm those suspicions. Here's hoping..."

Dual Destinies:
"I have no idea what's going on... I know! I'll bluff and hope for the best! *nervous smile*

C'mon Phoenix, for a legendary lawyer, you sure act like you still use the training finger. Also, how did he drop his act of trickster mentor so quickly? He doesn't need to be exactly the same, but DD didn't take place that long after AJ. He had that act going on for seven years, then drops it after only a few months? Is that even possible? Either way, while he definitely had skills, he did not show a believable amount of experience for someone like him.

I'm probably the only person out there who thinks Apollo was a better character in AJ than in DD. Polly seems to have lost a sense of silliness he had in DD. While he was always serious, he was almost glaringly so in DD. He also went through the same problem he had in 5-5 in 4-1, but he handled it well there; just a few minutes to decide what he wanted to do and roll with it. Here, even after going rouge, he practically begged Nick to give him a bit of hope. That hope wasn't even big. It was literally a leaf, and Apollo was right back on Team Wright. Also, we didn't learn much about him either. "What?! He had a friend in middle school?!" And the only reason he exists is to die and give Athena the spotlight to develop.

Y'know, I almost liked Athena. She has a likable enough personality, and mood matrix was fun, if not spotlight-stealing for the other lawyer's powers. But she was just not necessary.
  • Rookie lawyer to work under Phoenix? What's Apollo, chopped liver?
  • Assistant and Maya clone? Trucy could have filled in quite nicely.
  • Mood Matrix? Aren't magicians supposed to be able to read their audience? Again, Trucy could do that.
  • Re-skin of Edgeworth's backstory? Just have him sum it up to Apollo or something.
Also, thanks to her, Apollo and Trucy might not actually develop their characters, because it would just feel too late.

Speaking of Trucy, I'm pretty sure that the only reason she's around is because she's Phoenix's daughter. She adds literally nothing to the plot. Even when kipnapped, Phoenix did not seem to care at all; he was too busy worrying about his current defendant.

Klavier. Why are you even here? When the mock trial started and it didn't even play like a trial, I knew he would have no role. If a character provides nothing of importance, don't bother writing him in. Also, what a missed opportunity it was not having him as the prosecutor in the dlc case! If Phoenix fought him, it would be like continuing right where he left off!

At least Pearl and Edgeworth did something. The former managed to add some depth to a certain murderer from AJ, and Edgeworth is the reason Phoenix won at all.

So while the game is good, coming from the first four games makes the characters here seem not as well written, which is pretty bad for a visual novel. Some of the writing just feels not as good either.

And that's all, folks!
Did... did you just beat my pranked record...?
Yes, you did...
:sadsheep:

Last edited:
Top Bottom