• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't know what dear Kenith was talking about, but this is what I was referring to.

Get a snack.

That's so bad, I don't even know how to react.

Anger? Frustration? Laughter? All of the above?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Yep, my current avatar is just the box art of Type-0. I also saw it on sale on steam yesterday and apparently there's this deal to get it even cheaper if you didn't see it yet though you have to decide fast.

http://www.dealzon.com/deals/final-fantasy-type-0-hd#final-fantasy-type-0-hd-pc

For the price of $30 or less, it's well worth it in my opinion. I had an absolute blast with the fast paced combat system and it was a good challenge at times. Music's good and very dramatic although a tad repetitive. Storytelling (as opposed to just the plot) could have used some improvement but it was honestly probably marred by originally being both a psp game with psp budgets and part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis project, meaning the director was forced to shove in some similar concepts you see in FFXIII like l'Cie although he just wanted to take a more simple historical documentary approach to the story. The story is also much grittier compared to your typical FF story, which I liked. The HD makeover is actually also weirdly inconsistent. The main playable cast and some of the environments look beautiful but the npcs look like they were ported straight from the psp, making it kinda awkward sometimes.

Overall, I'd personally recommend it. I had a lot of fun with it although I do have to have to say that unlike many FF games, the highlight is by far the gameplay and not the story (although the story is by no means bad, just had flawed execution in storytelling).
Just bought it. As for grittier, I've found that Square uses spinoffs (such as Type-0) or entirely different series (such as Bravely Default) as "testing grounds" and "prototypes" (for lack of a better term) for the main Final Fantasy series. I think in this case they wanted to see what they could get away with for XV.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Now in gif form!
This gif is so classy and burn-inducing at the same time, it's awesome.:awesome:

Eh.
After reading some things about how Konami administration was, I can't bring myself to be sad, even if it's confirmed I won't ever see a new Suikoden again.:sadsheep:

I think Metal Gear had at least wraped up nicely before the company went kaput, and we're still getting this last game, anyway.

Btw, I found these on pixiv, for the people who support K.K. Rool.

source.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yu-Gi-Oh was my life in middle school.

A lot easier for me to understand than Pokemon TCG.
Pokemon TCG is pretty easy to understand TBH but growing up people didn't really knew how to play the Pokemon TCG kids just collected the stuff. I was getting into Magic when was about 13 or 14 but thought it was super nerdy and I was a die hard Yugioh nerd back then. I regretted that decision now especially looking at Yugioh now lmao but as long as you enjoy the game then thats all that matters.

Also sharing this amazing piece of Chrom artwork I found

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Alright, why did you summon me?

Wait... him with HER?! She won't save the Kingdom of Nohr! Mikoto's only using you, St. Garon. Don't believe her lies!
I was referring to the bottom most picture.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Could y'all fine folk do me a massive favour?

Could you greet Timid when she comes in and wish her well?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Could y'all fine folk do me a massive favour?

Could you greet Timid when she comes in and wish her well?
A request like this has a story behind it, surely.

Unless that tale is not meant for us, in which case I will comply anyway.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The fanservice in Fire Emblem 15 is getting intense:

I mean hell, even the main villain's design is too much:

@ Moydow Moydow @XenoBrawler610

Also

This is the largest/only image I could find.
It's meant to be the Ace Attorney Cast as Fire Emblem units/sprites

D

Deleted member

@ Moydow Moydow @XenoBrawler610

Also

This is the largest/only image I could find.
It's meant to be the Ace Attorney Cast as Fire Emblem units/sprites
I'm gonna choose the "I'm a shame!" option in the future just to see how the game will react.

Also, Phoenix should be playable in FE.
Imagine Grima, this omnipotent being responsible for the deaths of thousands and the horrendous future, was stopped by the law.
Phoenix: The one who actually committed the crime... IS YOU!
Grima: Wh-what?
Phoenix: No alibi, no justice, no dream, no hope!
Grima: ARGH!
Phoenix: It's time to pay for your crimes! TAKE THAT!
Grima: DAMN YOU!!!

Hello! I hope for the best for you.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It is the cruelest irony nature can afford: we are born dependant, yet we die alone.

In birth, there is unity. A cosmic symbiosis of form and soul, manifest as true creation. This is, in truth, the most wonderful and perfect moment of our existence. This is the moment when we are truly connected to our own kin.

When we are born, the ties are severed. Bloody, naked, scared, confused: we enter the world as we leave. In our fury to aquiesce to this right to exist, we forfeit our ties to true comfort and joy; we cut off our second most innate privilege, the right to die.

Now we are doomed to exist. We are damned to walk this mortal plan until we die. We seek comfort to ease our interminable demise, a soul to share our misery with, to stand by us in our suffering, to assure us that our own wretched mortality isn't a sin of our nature, but a necessary contribution to a vast and entropic world.

Tragic irony.

The worm that thinks itself a king is reduced to food and sustenance for the god that knows it is a fool.

Top Bottom