• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Anyone here play Final Fantasy Type-0? I see that it's coming out on Steam and I'm currently debating.

I think it was @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal was running around with an avatar that I think was from the game?

D

Deleted member

Looks like my time is almost up.

I've been sick for a while now.

My doctor has diagnosed me with terminal BNF. :4greninja:
What's Terminal BNF?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he's making a reference to a term that shofu and his crew used to coin a lot.

In other words BNF stands for ***** N-Word Fingers which is kind of a term to represent horrible play or technical flubs leading to one's loss.

So that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he's making a reference to a term that shofu and his crew used to coin a lot.

In other words BNF stands for ***** N-Word Fingers which is kind of a term to represent horrible play or technical flubs leading to one's loss.

So that.
Oh my god i don't even watch Shofu anymore, guess that's why i was confused lol
Time to watch Shofu again. :4dk:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Remember when Shofu dropped Smash 4 for 2 days because Fox's Jab-Lock was gone and somehow means he was nerfed?

Good Times, Good Times

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Welp...

Silent Hill is officially dead.
You're implying it wasn't. Downpour, Homecoming, **** HD Collection, PT removed and Silent Hills cancelled was those main causes man.

Atleast Resident Evil is still alive

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Valkyria Chronicles is a masterclass in video game development and interactive storytelling. I've heard the sequels are marred by budgetary issues and time constraints, to the extent that their reception is extremely negative compared to the massively positive original title.

How cute is Alicia tho / how hot is Welkin tho~? ;3
The cutest! :happysheep:

And I can see why the second is widely panned. It's not a very good game. Like, by any standards.
That's honestly why I couldn't get myself to play VC 2, especially since I too absolutely adore VC 1 as my favorite SRPG along with FF Tactics. I could be wrong but I was under the impression that VC 1 did relatively well and it certainly was received well at least so they honestly shot themselves in the foot by going to the psp.

Edit: Oh, and Alicia and Welkin were just so damn adorable as a pair, and I don't normally say things like that.
The game did exceptionally well! Especially for a SRPG. SEGA in it's stupidity though decided they would much rather please ONLY their home country by putting it on the PSP which largely decreased the resources of the dev team and was pretty much a flop everywhere else in the world...

And yes they are totes adorbs. :happysheep:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Anyone here play Final Fantasy Type-0? I see that it's coming out on Steam and I'm currently debating.

I think it was @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal was running around with an avatar that I think was from the game?
Yep, my current avatar is just the box art of Type-0. I also saw it on sale on steam yesterday and apparently there's this deal to get it even cheaper if you didn't see it yet though you have to decide fast.

http://www.dealzon.com/deals/final-fantasy-type-0-hd#final-fantasy-type-0-hd-pc

For the price of $30 or less, it's well worth it in my opinion. I had an absolute blast with the fast paced combat system and it was a good challenge at times. Music's good and very dramatic although a tad repetitive. Storytelling (as opposed to just the plot) could have used some improvement but it was honestly probably marred by originally being both a psp game with psp budgets and part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis project, meaning the director was forced to shove in some similar concepts you see in FFXIII like l'Cie although he just wanted to take a more simple historical documentary approach to the story. The story is also much grittier compared to your typical FF story, which I liked. The HD makeover is actually also weirdly inconsistent. The main playable cast and some of the environments look beautiful but the npcs look like they were ported straight from the psp, making it kinda awkward sometimes.

Overall, I'd personally recommend it. I had a lot of fun with it although I do have to have to say that unlike many FF games, the highlight is by far the gameplay and not the story (although the story is by no means bad, just had flawed execution in storytelling).

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Valkyria Chronicles is a masterclass in video game development and interactive storytelling. I've heard the sequels are marred by budgetary issues and time constraints, to the extent that their reception is extremely negative compared to the massively positive original title.

How cute is Alicia tho / how hot is Welkin tho~? ;3
I thought the story went downhill past the halfway point, but still thought it was a great game (and yeah, Welkin/Alicia are adorbs).

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Hey @Raziek and other Robins! It's been a while since I've been in here, how're you all enjoying the uptuning of Robin's moves? I know Raziek told me he didn't need it (oh ho ho) but he got em anyways, I guess!

Seems like a pretty good patch for him, methinks.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hey @Raziek and other Robins! It's been a while since I've been in here, how're you all enjoying the uptuning of Robin's moves? I know Raziek told me he didn't need it (oh ho ho) but he got em anyways, I guess!

Seems like a pretty good patch for him, methinks.
Better frame data and a D-Throw to Up-Air true combo.

Heck yes, it's a wonderful patch for Robin! :)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dear lord that game is jank
IT certainly is it's the Marvel of card games. I been playing it for years and years and finally decided to quit it cold turkey about 2 and a half years ago but keep tabs on the game every now and then especially with support to old stuff but yeah the game is hella BS.

D

Deleted member

Yu-Gi-Oh was my life in middle school.

A lot easier for me to understand than Pokemon TCG.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I laughed, but I have no idea who he is... Mind filling me in on the joke?
I don't know what dear Kenith was talking about, but this is what I was referring to.

Get a snack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom