• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I need somebody to talk to.

EDIT: Disregard, it's okay. :3
If you're ever feeling down again, get as many people as you can, Ganondorf only, 99 stock, disrespect kills mandatory.
good things will happen

Jeez, smash boards is being extremely slow for me today x_x
Anyway, typical, obligatory top of the page gif from me

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
One of these days, I'll have to set up a Tactician Tournament on the Wii U version.

Yes it's limited, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Can I rant about a few things real quick?

I love the first Valkyria Chronicles. It's one of the greatest games of its genre, along with Fire Emblem. That recently carried over to Codename Steam when I began playing it.

But oh my god, Valkyria Chronicles 2 is god-awful. After recently replaying the first I decided that I'd go ahead and purchase the sequel in hopes of a new story with new characters that are both as enjoyable as the first. Damn am I disappointed.

The game has nothing that the first had. The graphics are obviously bad because of the now decrepit PSP release, the level design is straight up terrible with very very little room for strategic positioning (lesser so than Awakening!), and the characters, oh god the characters, they are ALL one dimensional typical Anime tropes. The first game had such interesting characters that were all totally different than what's present in most media today. Valkyria 2? A hothead main protagonist, a level-headed best friend who wears glasses, and the female friend who is eccentric and optimistic. The worst part is all the characters have awesome origins but they go to total waste. I want to play 3 but now I'm afraid the PSP hardware will bring that game down as well.

OK, rant over. If anyone ever plays Valkyria Chronicles... Just stick with the first. It's fantastic.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
@Unknown Hero, It's (very) a bit late, but Happy Birthday, dear.:cheep:

and damn. I lost the Jojo crossover party:sadsheep:

I dun care.:cheep:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
everytime some one spams spoilers i want to not give a guine pig food

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
everytime some one spams spoilers i want to not give a guine pig food
In all honesty, though, you can easily see what is in the spoiler by replying the post 8D

And yeah, writing 'spoiler' so many times is boring ;p

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Has anyone been playing For Glory today? Out of the nine people I've played today, seven of them used Fox.Did he get buffed or something? I don't normally have to deal with these many foxes in one day e.e

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

I love the first Valkyria Chronicles. It's one of the greatest games of its genre, along with Fire Emblem. That recently carried over to Codename Steam when I began playing it.

But oh my god, Valkyria Chronicles 2 is god-awful. After recently replaying the first I decided that I'd go ahead and purchase the sequel in hopes of a new story with new characters that are both as enjoyable as the first. Damn am I disappointed.

The game has nothing that the first had. The graphics are obviously bad because of the now decrepit PSP release, the level design is straight up terrible with very very little room for strategic positioning (lesser so than Awakening!), and the characters, oh god the characters, they are ALL one dimensional typical Anime tropes. The first game had such interesting characters that were all totally different than what's present in most media today. Valkyria 2? A hothead main protagonist, a level-headed best friend who wears glasses, and the female friend who is eccentric and optimistic. The worst part is all the characters have awesome origins but they go to total waste. I want to play 3 but now I'm afraid the PSP hardware will bring that game down as well.

OK, rant over. If anyone ever plays Valkyria Chronicles... Just stick with the first. It's fantastic.
Valkyria Chronicles is a masterclass in video game development and interactive storytelling. I've heard the sequels are marred by budgetary issues and time constraints, to the extent that their reception is extremely negative compared to the massively positive original title.

How cute is Alicia tho / how hot is Welkin tho~? ;3

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

That's honestly why I couldn't get myself to play VC 2, especially since I too absolutely adore VC 1 as my favorite SRPG along with FF Tactics. I could be wrong but I was under the impression that VC 1 did relatively well and it certainly was received well at least so they honestly shot themselves in the foot by going to the psp.

Edit: Oh, and Alicia and Welkin were just so damn adorable as a pair, and I don't normally say things like that.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I wanna see how the Robin Vs. Kirby MU has changed this patch, would love to fight one of you~

Haven't fought a Robin player since December so it'd be interesting.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I wanna see how the Robin Vs. Kirby MU has changed this patch, would love to fight one of you~

Haven't fought a Robin player since December so it'd be interesting.
I might need a bit of time to get set up, but I could probably play you now, if you'd like.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima

Whew... Feel like I could take a nap after all those intense matches. :tired:

Really good games, Reserved. Your Kirby is just monstrous... I had to give it my absolute all to stand a chance. I hope that, despite my limited skills, I gave you some useful info on the Robin matchup.

Also, today I learned that Kirby is the embodiment of satan. Good to know.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I bring pantless Marth! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

lol lucina

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
So I was playing on FG today and I feel so rusty. I was playing against a really predictable falco, one of those players who you'd think is some computer running a cycle over and over. They would always use the shine when I got close. So I sub main villager I thought, hey, villager has a lot of projectiles, this will work. I planted a tree and chopped it down right in front of the falco and the falco shined it before I pocketed it and threw it back. Best "Just as planned" moment I've ever had in online smash bros.

And D-Air
Kirbys love their D-Airs
Who on the dev team thought it was a good idea to give kirby basically no lag on d-air to the ground?

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
So I think I figured out why those Robin coats on Amazon were $90 instead of the usual $120. Apparently they ship from some company in China. Something tells me I might have bought a cheap copy of a better design?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

Dood, I played some of 2 the other day for the first time and I pretty much had the same impression, I also really don't like the psp controls for such a game. I'll give it a bit more time, but my first imptressions of it were certainly not good.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Those games were really good, yeah. Your Robin is seriously amazing, wow. You could punish everything and got a lot of mileage out of landing Arc Fire/Arc Thunder, which was cool. Robin's really fun to watch in action, too. Movement was super crisp and all your actions felt planned out. You were really three steps ahead!

... but being three steps ahead doesn't save you from Kirby's super stupid F-Throw combos. Like, wow. I ended up getting the Grounding Stone footstool combo for like, 76%, and got F-Throw > D-Air near the ledge, too. Starting off matches with you dying right away felt really janky and stupid, honestly. Also, rage Kirby killed you ridiculously early, lol. Upper Cutter gives me life.

Hm. From first impressions, Robin forces Kirby to play his game and maneuver around his projectile walls, while Kirby has the proper tools to get around them. Neutral in this MU seems pretty even, because it's reliant on who can cover the most options. Kirby's SHAD B-Air/Jab/Grab helped me get past the projectiles a couple times, but I haven't used the technique enough to get as much as I could out of it.

Kirby combos Robin way harder than Robin combos Kirby, and Robin can't punish Grounding Stone's endlag at all, so Kirby as a free way to land. To be fair, though, very few characters can punish Grounding Stone as it's Kirby's 2nd least laggy move behind jab in terms of end-lag (yes, it's that fast). I didn't really go for much edgeguards because I didn't feel comfortable in the match-up yet, but Robin has no hitboxes above him, I'm pretty sure D-Air destroys recovering from below, while Upper Cutter can cover above.

However, Robin can make up for it with his really high damage-per-hit, and due to Kirby's light weight, he can die pretty early. Killing Kirby can be a bit of struggle, though, as he ducks under F-Smash/U-Smash, all the Thunders, and can DI out of El Wind's jab. Robin's spaced autocancelled F-Air seems to be safe on shield, so I can't Upper Cutter punish you every time you touch my shield. Any mis-spaced aerials can be punished, though, so you'll want to be on point.

Right after our matches, @Locke 06 told me that shielded Arc Fire can just be forward rolled into a punish, though, as long as it isn't retreating. That may change Robin's walling potential significantly once I start applying that, because that means I can duck under all Thunder tomes and punish Arc Fire on shield. El Thunder is a really useful tool due to it's buffs in this MU, though, because I don't think we can punish it if ducked under anymore.

Right now I can't judge what this MU has the potential to become. Both Robin and Kirby need more time to explore their buffs before I can even lay down first impressions of the MU, so... yeah.

I should start using Red Kirby with the tag "Satan:)"

Top Bottom