• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
What I find odd about that is when there's a MLP x anything crossover, the reactions I've seen were basically this.

When there's a JoJo x anything crossover, the reactions on the other hand...

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Phew. After a lot more work than I was expecting, my second Let's Play is under way. There's a link in my signature as well as a link to my channel next to it, if anyone's interested.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Seeing other people rage at MLP crossovers. I am a brony after all. :applejack:
It's pathetic that people act like the sight of a pony it's the end of the world. I'm neutral on MLP (I used to be part of the fandom until I left during the Season 3 drought) and I've seen fanart (from the show or crossover) that I thought was really good. It's when an MLP image is posted anywhere outside an MLP group is when I see the rage.

I still remember the rage in the comment sections of two ME!ME!ME! x MLP images posted to the ME!ME!ME! gallery on KYM. One person complained that the images shouldn't have been uploaded there and another went out of their way to request those images be moved to the MLP gallery because it "didn't belong" in the ME!ME!ME! gallery. They were never moved because they were relevant to ME!ME!ME! (It's a crossover for Pete's sake!)

I'm going to bring up this comment that was a part of this chain.

Considering that a good chunk of people here seem like they would embrace any decent crossover-fanart here EXCEPT those involving one particular show (regardless of the quality of the fanart itself, mind you), I agree that this double standard is pretty absurd.

Wait... this is my 1000th post? Me criticizing people raging at MLP crossovers is my 1000th post?
I guess this calls for a celebration then!

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
(Finally a perfect opportunity to post this here!)
It's pathetic that people act like the sight of a pony it's the end of the world. I'm neutral on MLP (I used to be part of the fandom until I left during the Season 3 drought) and I've seen fanart (from the show or crossover) that I thought was really good. It's when an MLP image is posted anywhere outside an MLP group is when I see the rage.

I still remember the rage in the comment sections of two ME!ME!ME! x MLP images posted to the ME!ME!ME! gallery on KYM. One person complained that the images shouldn't have been uploaded there and another went out of their way to request those images be moved to the MLP gallery because it "didn't belong" in the ME!ME!ME! gallery. They were never moved because they were relevant to ME!ME!ME! (It's a crossover for Pete's sake!)

Considering that a good chunk of people here seem like they would embrace any decent crossover-fanart here EXCEPT those involving one particular show (regardless of the quality of the fanart itself, mind you), I agree that this double standard is pretty absurd.

Wait... this is my 1000th post? Me criticizing people raging at MLP crossovers is my 1000th post?
Exactly! God forbid people should be allowed to post crossover fanart that is 100% relevant just because it contains MLP!

(If you're interested, Season 4 has been very solid. Especially episode 100, which was a huge love letter to the fans)

Congratz on 1,000 posts! Racking up dem trophy points! :cool:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
My gif for tomorrow:

4Na0U1.gif

The power of MH4U compels me.

For your gif, comrade:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Of course I would have this picture.

After all, it is I, the consort to Godzilla.

I have many pictures of my husband from all our years together. Such happy memories *wipes tear away*

I'm glad you have been touched by the legacy of my husband, and you would remember him all these years later.
I didn't realize Godzilla was such a lady's man. :dizzy:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
(Finally a perfect opportunity to post this here!)

Exactly! God forbid people should be allowed to post crossover fanart that is 100% relevant just because it contains MLP!

(If you're interested, Season 4 has been very solid. Especially episode 100, which was a huge love letter to the fans)

Congratz on 1,000 posts! Racking up dem trophy points! :cool:
I still watch the show. I saw all of Season 4 and 5. How could I not forget about this moment of episode 100?

I simply isolated myself from the fandom. The only thing that really kept around during the Season 3 drought was all the drama that was happening but that wasn't enough for me to stay.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I still watch the show. I saw all of Season 4 and 5. How could I not forget about this moment of episode 100?

I simply isolated myself from the fandom. The only thing that really kept around during the Season 3 drought was all the drama that was happening but that wasn't enough for me to stay.
Ah gotcha, I misunderstood. I haven't really interacted with the fandom much recently either.
Of course, how could I forget the salty drama of a certain reveal of a certain princess. Mmm that was some high quality :shaker:.
I didn't realize Godzilla was such a lady's man. :dizzy:

How could he not be? Just look at dat sexy kick!

"Flawless Victory!"

Top Bottom