• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I think it's beautiful. :teeth:

:231:
Don't know if trolling or serious so there is only one course of action for this:

And that is to run you over with a Roller (even though I use Shooters)
And then bash you on the head with a wrench (even though I don't play TF2)

Moving aside from the obvious Yaoi Fangirlism that that came from, I am horrified at what I see there! And then you ADD the Yaoi and you have a recipe for ultimate squick!

Edit: I must be more excited for the Splatoon Update than I thought...

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
From what I understand, it doesn't take much to make the Link boards go ape.

Shipping Link with Ike here is just another day in the world.
Shipping Link with Ike there is liable to get you hung by the neck from your own intestines, shot with a 10 gauge in your privates at close range, fed your own heart and then beaten to death with your own spine. And that's all before they tell you why Link and Ike are a terrible Ship.
And that's if they are in a forgiving mood.

This is my final form.

Prepare yourself.
HEY HONG. Its been a while. How are you?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
What is a good Robin with customs @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal ?

Here is what I have

Speed thunder, Arc fire Plus Elwind and Goetia.

I need help with the thunder and Dark tomes.

I like thunder plus cause it can break shields, but It takes to long to lock and load. And speed thunder is good, but weak .

The real pain is the dark tomes.

I hate normal Nostferatsu. So I use the longer one, but the range is either to far or to close for comfort. Then I use Goetia, But if I miss its telegraphed and won't work again.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I was trolling, obviously. It isn't the usual bad like Sonic OCs, but a bad execution. :troll:

:231:
Sorry...
Maybe I was just looking for a flimsy ass excuse to post that video with those two start points...

I'm REALLY looking forward to that Splatoon update.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
What is a good Robin with customs @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal ?

Here is what I have

Speed thunder, Arc fire Plus Elwind and Goetia.

I need help with the thunder and Dark tomes.

I like thunder plus cause it can break shields, but It takes to long to lock and load. And speed thunder is good, but weak .

The real pain is the dark tomes.

I hate normal Nostferatsu. So I use the longer one, but the range is either to far or to close for comfort. Then I use Goetia, But if I miss its telegraphed and won't work again.
In my opinion, speed thunder is the main one followed by firewall for specific match-ups. Everything else is nowhere near as important as those two though they may still be nice to have.

Yes, speed thunder is weak but it's increased speed, in terms of both the projectile and the charge, and the increased range on thunder and elthunder (which is a near-instant charge) allows for a more consistent zoning and neutral game. Speed thoron, while obviously weaker than than the other thorons, can actually still net you the ko since it's harder to react to, especially if they happened to di fire jab or filt wrong or something and you shoot speed thoron immediately. And if your opponent is near the blastzone it doesn't matter how weak speed thoron is: it will still kill. For me, the real downside for speed thoron is actually the loss of stun in arcthunder, which is further accentuated thanks to the new arcthunder buff. I am in the camp that believes that speed thunder should be used in most match-ups for reasons listed above. But that's my personal opinion and even then, I need to reevaluate when I should bring in default thunder thanks to the new buffs.

Firewall is used for very specific match-ups, which we briefly discussed in the custom thread. So when we played together, don't think I preferred fire wall. I only used it because of the Link MU. In general, default arcfire is still the way to go. I honestly forgot arcfire+ existed, lol.

If you just have those two customs, you should be fine. Thunder+ though, may be good in teams and since apparently elwind got a horizontal control buff, gliding elwind may be worth considering although I personally doubt it still. As for nosferatu, just practice landing the default version and you will be fine.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Sakurai: I would like to announce the newest member to join the Wave 4 Mii Outfits. In Wave 4, you'll be able to dress up your Mii Swordfighters as Isaac from Golden Sun!

I wonder what an Isaac costume would look like.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Sakurai: I would like to announce the newest member to join the Wave 4 Mii Outfits. In Wave 4, you'll be able to dress up your Mii Swordfighters as Isaac from Golden Sun!
Yeah, you'd like that wouldn't you?

Matsushi

True Blood
awawawawawa
This thread needs some proper Marth art to wash away the aftertaste of... that... above
Obligatory @ Matsushi Matsushi even though she's probably already seen these about 774785 million times
Just..
I just..
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES~

Yep, I've seen these loads of times! I'm always hangin' about on Marth's pixiv artworks. The temptation to use the second one for an avatar is SO real right now because he just looks sooooo purty~ :halfsheep:

ALSO, his lips don't look so thick. :troll:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
cue audible cuss words from everyone but me
I would be the best Issac main btw

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I actually like the Mii Swordfighter costumes! I just tell myself "this is, uh, the, uh, anime super deformed version of Black Knight from Fire Emblem!" and I am totally willing to be happy to accept that as 'the Black Knight is playable.'

If SD sprites of machines works for Super Robot Wars, SD models of fighters can work for Smash is how I feel about it.

As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo can keep cranking those out. Give me a Lyn costume and I'll take it from there.

On another note, I've come back to Robin after a hiatus due to these buffs. She almost feels like a fine character to me now, with my sole remaining complaint being that Arcfire needs some fine tuning. Beyond that, is what we have now a viable character? I'm very much on the fence about this.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I actually like the Mii Swordfighter costumes! I just tell myself "this is, uh, the, uh, anime super deformed version of Black Knight from Fire Emblem!" and I am totally willing to be happy to accept that as 'the Black Knight is playable.'

If SD sprites of machines works for Super Robot Wars, SD models of fighters can work for Smash is how I feel about it.

As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo can keep cranking those out. Give me a Lyn costume and I'll take it from there.

On another note, I've come back to Robin after a hiatus due to these buffs. She almost feels like a fine character to me now, with my sole remaining complaint being that Arcfire needs some fine tuning. Beyond that, is what we have now a viable character? I'm very much on the fence about this.
Black Knight! Swordfighter looks gorgeous but moves hilariously because BK is a slow fortress of doom in his games but Swordfiddle is such a nimble fighter. That's why i main Black Knight

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've been pretty quiet here but still stick around.
image.jpg

Also playing FE hacks. Those are hilarious but fun as well

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
...I think I want Robin's coat. Where the heck do you get one of those in real life?
Cosplay store websites. Or Amazon.com. (Be prepared to spend some series $$$ though)

(Example of just the coat from Amazon. Costs about $90)

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
I found an artist on tumblr who draws the most cutest things ever~ :3

m!RobinxChrom makes me asdfghjkl; awawawaw :halfsheep:

Nah

Smash Champion
someone said insane laugh so
I've listened to the entire 9 minute loop too.....

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Koei-Tecmo revealed today a sneak-preview trailer for their next big project, SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN/ATTACK ON TITAN!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
When I cleaned the house when I was younger, I always used to play this song:

... And turned the TV volume up to 11!

Who knew a good trance track can come from a racing game.

Top Bottom