• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
I'm practicing:4bowserjr: side-b -> footstool -> throw mecha-koopa down -> footstool -> nair lock -> jab lock x2 -> side-b -> uair x2 -> uair -> fair

The furthest I've gotten is nair ;~;

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Are you going to be at Celtic Throwdown? That's probably the last one I'll be at before I leave for Australia for a year.
oh my god nuuuu the diaspora claims another of our precious youth ;w;

I dunno. When's it on?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's only for a year, maybe two at most, I'll have to come back eventually :p

5th and 6th of September in Dublin. Pools are on the 5th (Saturday), and top 8 are on Sunday morning.
I might go, yeah. I know my brother's going, I might tag along with him and offer moral support. :3

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd like to play some matches, if you're still free.
Unfortunately, I'm not. :/

Next time.

Stream for...?

D

Deleted member

I'm so disappointed with my inability to close matches.

:drflip:

@ Matsushi Matsushi

GGs,

I'm just satisfied that the matches started going last stock last hit for most of them.

But I can't finish and it makes me rage.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I finally beat Mario and Luigi: Dream Team after two years of owning it. It didn't exactly take two year to finish. My play time of it was 40 hours. What took so long was that there were other games I bought for the 3DS after Dream Team.

Dream Team was up against games like Pokémon (X and Alpha Sapphire), Bravely Default, Kirby's Triple Deluxe, A Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life, Smash 3DS, and Fire Emblem Awakening. Not to mention I got my Wii U last summer giving me more games to play. Dream Team was simply under low priority to finish. The times I did play Dream Team, it was only for a short time before I stopped playing out of boredom. It took until I got bored of every other game I currently have that I finally pushed myself to finish it. I would say the lack of Splatoon for me benefited Dream Team because I would have most likely put all my focus on Splatoon than Dream Team or any other game.

But it's done! I unlocked Hard Mode but I won't start that because I'll most likely get bored of Dream Team again and by the time Paper Jam is released, it would be too late for me to go back.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
I finally beat Mario and Luigi: Dream Team after two years of owning it. It didn't exactly take two year to finish. My play time of it was 40 hours. What took so long was that there were other games I bought for the 3DS after Dream Team.

Dream Team was up against games like Pokémon (X and Alpha Sapphire), Bravely Default, Kirby's Triple Deluxe, A Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life, Smash 3DS, and Fire Emblem Awakening. Not to mention I got my Wii U last summer giving me more games to play. Dream Team was simply under low priority to finish. The times I did play Dream Team, it was only for a short time before I stopped playing out of boredom. It took until I got bored of every other game I currently have that I finally pushed myself to finish it. I would say the lack of Splatoon for me benefited Dream Team because I would have most likely put all my focus on Splatoon than Dream Team or any other game.

But it's done! I unlocked Hard Mode but I won't start that because I'll most likely get bored of Dream Team again and by the time Paper Jam is released, it would be too late for me to go back.
EDIT: difficult means hard mode, grammatical error that I can't correct by editing on tablet because is too hard
What a coincidence, I started M and L DT difficult yesterday two days ago!
I had your same feelings. I get bored, but, afterall, it is a great game. I don't know why I was so bored while playing it. I still prefere Bowser Inside Story, just becauswe of playable Bowser.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
I'm so disappointed with my inability to close matches.

:drflip:

@ Matsushi Matsushi

GGs,

I'm just satisfied that the matches started going last stock last hit for most of them.

But I can't finish and it makes me rage.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
I'm incredibly sorry for the lag towards the end, if there was any present. As soon as my sister comes home and opens her laptop, it's kinda like "BOOM LAG".

That said, gooooood games! Those sure were fun, and they took a lot more energy out of me than I thought. I can tell that we were getting in each other's heads a bit; we picked up each other's habits and heavily exploited them.

Ay, well at least you began to adapt and ended up taking a few games from me! It's all part of the process. :3 But yeah, just try to keep a cool head during the end of the match. I noticed that you were becoming a little antsy when my percent was high. :sadsheep:

Once again, good games~! We should do that again sometime. :drfacepalm:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Doesn't Arcthunder use more of the Thunder tome than Thoron?

Maybe that's one reason
No, Thoron can only be use 3 times while Arcthunder can be used 5 times, I think.

You know Robin's whole gimmick behind the tomes having limited uses?

Yep, that, it focus more on spacing your uses of your thunder moves than spamming Thoron like a mad man like it's a regular charge shot
Yeah, I know that. I just wish Thoron was as slightly better kill move. Either change it's launch angle or improve it's knockback.

:4lucario: is pretty average from what I can remember. Decent Attack and Sp. Attack, okay Speed, and frail defences.

:4greninja: has amazing speed and a very diverse movepool. His attack stats aren't super great, but Protean gives every move STAB. Ever since he got Gunk Shot via oras tutors, he only has one switch-in: Porygon2

..or something like that.

But he is a glass cannon, anything scarfed or just faster than it can ohko, So I don't get the ban.
Eh, I still like :4lucario: more than most Fighting types. I never knew :4greninja: was that good.

Because he have limited counters and a switch or a check can't get the work done, for a switch to work you need to sacrifice a poke or enter him in a way the pokemon that is being switched doesn't get any damage. :4greninja: has an good Sp. Attack, that plus Protean STAB and the fact that he can change between types makes him pretty unique and powerful, also he's reaaally fast, like hella fast so you could say you'r only solution against him is using priority moves. You could use a Priority Brave Bird with Talonflame but if he is turned to Ice it won't kill him, maybe two yeah but by that time :4greninja: is going out using U-turn so is quite ifficult to get that frog. I can see some of the reasons of why he's banned but I think he's not OP, he's still frail as hell and any move will do significant damage to him.

:4lucario: was awesome in D/P, he was a one of the best sweepers thanks to Sword Dance and a diverse movepool, he has acces to Close Combat (and that with a Sword Dance is just a killing machine), he could kill ghost with Crunch or the omnipresents Dragons with Ice Punch, also he had Extremspeed or if you want more coverage you had Bullet Punch, sadly with B/W and X/Y he got outspeed by a lot of pokemon leaving him under used because he couldn't make the job. But his Mega Evolution is just bananas: Fast, powerful and he gains ADAPTABILITY for TWICE STAB DAMAGE, so let's add all this factors;

- Really fast, he can outspeed a lot of pokemons and past counters, the only pokemons that can outspeed him are glass cannons and normally they are killed by Extremespeed
- Imagine a Sword Dance Close Combat boosted by Adaptability, Sword Dance boost his attack stat 2x and his ability makes Close Combat a 240 base power attack. Mix that with an Adamant Lucario for full power and you got a freaking bulldozer that can take almost everything down.

If Lucario manages to get a Sword Dance without being hurt you can just say good bye to your team and GG..
I don't understand a word of that.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
"You have at last mastered all of the hidden skills. Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased those regrets. You who have marched through countless foes, each mightier then the last... You who now gaze to the future with vision unclouded... Surely you can restore Hyrule to its stature of yore as the chosen land of the gods. ...Farwell!"
"Go and do not falter, my child!"

IMG_1211.PNG

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
After, quite frankly, not having that much fun at XCOM, I've decided to start the game over and make one change that I should have put in from the beginning.

In any event, I've jotted down everyone who did design their soldier your customization so I'll be able to quickly redesign things.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
"You have at last mastered all of the hidden skills. Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after. At last, I have eased those regrets. You who have marched through countless foes, each mightier then the last... You who now gaze to the future with vision unclouded... Surely you can restore Hyrule to its stature of yore as the chosen land of the gods. ...Farwell!"

View attachment 66178
That's beautiful man

*applauds*

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu

View attachment 66178
The second Link looks especially good!

Soul.

Pretty sure that topic's over, but whatevs. Greninja was banned in OU because it put teambuilding into such a huge strain. There was no reason to not use it. Fairy-types once were the one of the many things that could stop it but it got Gunk Shot in ORAS. STAB Hydro Pump coming from 103 SpA + Protean + Life Orb was bonkers.
It was versatile as all hell, too (seriously wtf is its movepool). Offensive Spikes worked, Life Orb worked, etc. but for the most part Life Orb was the most common Greninja. Physical sets were lame. No one ran physical Greninja.

Sure it was frail af, but when you have such a 'threat' in your tier, it makes sense to ban it. Your meta fails to improve otherwise.

THEN AGAIN

Top Bottom