• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I need to play Tomodachi Life more. I kinda dropped it like I did my Animal Crossing game so they might have died :p
Those days were good, at least until I had dried myself out of enjoyment from playing the game too frequently. I kinda miss it now ;___;

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
hey, you guys would know i think.
i was essentially making custom FE sprites for people, so i was gonna ask your opinion if they were good lol.
erika unit.gif
obo unit.gif
nyxxx sprite.gif

theres a few more, but these were the better lookin ones to me

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
hey, you guys would know i think.
i was essentially making custom FE sprites for people, so i was gonna ask your opinion if they were good lol.
View attachment 65686 View attachment 65687 View attachment 65688
theres a few more, but these were the better lookin ones to me
These are sick. You need to make more of these. They are Amazing. I do wish they were bigger though.

@ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun How do you articulate your name? I always thought of it to be ZANT-EE-TSU-GUN?

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
These are sick. You need to make more of these. They are Amazing. I do wish they were bigger though.

@ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun How do you articulate your name? I always thought of it to be ZANT-EE-TSU-GUN?
oh, i could resize them if you'd want. it wouldnt be an issue.
but thanks. im glad they look good to ya :3

if any of you want me to make some or something for you folks, i wouldnt mind. would just need a class really and what you'd want them to look like, if anything.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Which thread is for Robin general competitive discussion only

Also gratz on wrecking that tourney raziek, I have to wonder why you didnt stop and charge fsmash after any of those multiple dthrow fair misses to punish the airdodge though
There isn't really a sole general competitive discussion thread. Instead in the Robin boards, you basically have this social thread and everything else is for competitive discussion, often divided into smaller threads based on different topics (match-ups, customs, video, buffs discussion, tourneys, more general speculation on Robin's place in the metagame, etc.). Oh, and you can't cancel dash into smash in this iteration outside of usmash since there's no crouch canceling out of a dash like in Melee or PM.

Also, happy birthday @Raziek!

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
So I am thinking of putting Robin in my main or secondary pockets. But I need know what he brings to the table. Why Robin?

Also for the people who I played with and even if you haven't, Do I have the skills to Play him? From a scale of 1 to 10 how good do you need to be to play Robin?

Thank you for your time.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Holy Cow, it was @Raziek birthday?

Why didn't anyone tell me?
Happy Birthday, Grandmaster.

Here's your cake
image.jpg

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Who dares like my posts?

I ask that you stop immediately, lest you want swiftly to make acquaintance of my blade.
Why are you pointing that blade at me? Do you want me to bring out my huge...hammer? You know you love it when Ike hammers you really hard. :awesome: You always..faint afterwards.

Oh @Raziek . Happy Birthday, I believe Sakurai gave you a nice present with the recent patch.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
You've almost got it, except for the "e" which I pronounce as a short "e."
So it's ZAN-TEH-TSU-GUN.
the real questions are finally answered

From a scale of 1 to 10 how good do you need to be to play Robin?
-insert obligatory scale tipping joke-
Although I don't think you have to be a certain level of "good" to play him, it's just of his playstyle fits you or not :L

Last edited:

LordOmo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shaun2Cool
Hello my fellow Tacticians. I'm new to Smash Boards but i needed some help/advice/second opinions about something and this seemed to be the place to go.

First i'd like to say that i'm only an aspiring Smash Novice so if I say anything incorrect and/or wrong please correct me.
So i was in the lab with the new and improved Robin and i noticed that after a close range Arch Thunder connects, you have enough time to get a free foot stool if you're fast and close enough. So i was wondering how to take advantage of it. So the only thing I could figure out is if you manage to land a grab at the very edge of the stage and down throw you can hit (depending on the percentage) a down tilt/jab 1 to make the opponent unable to grab the ledge for a few seconds and if they do try to jump up you can land an arch thunder right there. Now after that, you foot stool and then el wind spike. Now i've been practicing this in practice but i've yet to do it myself but like I said, i'm only a novice, so i'm not sure if it even works. Even if the foot stool el wind spike doesn't work, after the foot stool you should still be in a pretty good position, right ?

So what I'd like help with is finding out if this even works, as well as how viable a strategy it really is, which percents it works and on which characters, possibly, and mainly any other things you can do with this foot stool.

Please and Thank you for your help. ^ ^

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Hello my fellow Tacticians. I'm new to Smash Boards but i needed some help/advice/second opinions about something and this seemed to be the place to go.

First i'd like to say that i'm only an aspiring Smash Novice so if I say anything incorrect and/or wrong please correct me.
So i was in the lab with the new and improved Robin and i noticed that after a close range Arch Thunder connects, you have enough time to get a free foot stool if you're fast and close enough. So i was wondering how to take advantage of it. So the only thing I could figure out is if you manage to land a grab at the very edge of the stage and down throw you can hit (depending on the percentage) a down tilt/jab 1 to make the opponent unable to grab the ledge for a few seconds and if they do try to jump up you can land an arch thunder right there. Now after that, you foot stool and then el wind spike. Now i've been practicing this in practice but i've yet to do it myself but like I said, i'm only a novice, so i'm not sure if it even works. Even if the foot stool el wind spike doesn't work, after the foot stool you should still be in a pretty good position, right ?

So what I'd like help with is finding out if this even works, as well as how viable a strategy it really is, which percents it works and on which characters, possibly, and mainly any other things you can do with this foot stool.

Please and Thank you for your help. ^ ^
Welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Anyways, while I'm personally doubt arcthunder footstool combos are viable in general they do seem possible in certain situations.

http://gfycat.com/WateryWanChevrotain

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Just a change of style to represent what's becoming a favorite villain of mine. Won't stay forever.
My favorite villain was either Metal face or egil.

Metal face just had that Joker feel to him, the one where he is comical yet he's insane-ish

Not going to spoil anything, but the way he went out, Damn son.

Nice avatar.

I hadn't realized this was an oft pondered quandary. :chuckle:
I don't find Vine funny at all. And my sense of humor is pretty good.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm not sure if I'm late to the party or not, but happy birthday @Raziek. Thanks for all of your time spent on monitoring this subforum and seeing it come to have lively discussions.

Top Bottom