• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Time doesn't differentiate by North/South, lol.

Gee I wonder what Brazil Time it is. :p
Well, what U.S. time it is?:roll:

Btw, I'm late to the party, but Happy Birthday, @ Raziek Raziek !

May you continue to tip the scales:happysheep:

Hello my fellow Tacticians. I'm new to Smash Boards but i needed some help/advice/second opinions about something and this seemed to be the place to go.

First i'd like to say that i'm only an aspiring Smash Novice so if I say anything incorrect and/or wrong please correct me.
So i was in the lab with the new and improved Robin and i noticed that after a close range Arch Thunder connects, you have enough time to get a free foot stool if you're fast and close enough. So i was wondering how to take advantage of it. So the only thing I could figure out is if you manage to land a grab at the very edge of the stage and down throw you can hit (depending on the percentage) a down tilt/jab 1 to make the opponent unable to grab the ledge for a few seconds and if they do try to jump up you can land an arch thunder right there. Now after that, you foot stool and then el wind spike. Now i've been practicing this in practice but i've yet to do it myself but like I said, i'm only a novice, so i'm not sure if it even works. Even if the foot stool el wind spike doesn't work, after the foot stool you should still be in a pretty good position, right ?

So what I'd like help with is finding out if this even works, as well as how viable a strategy it really is, which percents it works and on which characters, possibly, and mainly any other things you can do with this foot stool.

Please and Thank you for your help. ^ ^
Welcome, dear.:cheep:

Well, as @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal already answered you, I think you may be able to pull it off in certain situations, but don't go relying on it.
It looks like people can slip out of it rather easily at the end. I'll try it with a friend of mine when I get the chance and give you the results later. If someone else can do it before me, though, go ahead. I don't know when I'll be able to go to my pal's home.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Would anyone here like to play some Smash? I may want to test out some Robin after a couple if matches as well.

That avatar is sexy bro.
Thanks! I'm really hype for Fates and I felt that I should change my avi, so I changed it to something FE related.
Plus, the Cipher Art is SO GOOD!:love:

Happy birthday @ Raziek Raziek

*Saves for potential future use*
I thought you would like it, Edgeworth was actually smiling!
Hello my fellow Tacticians. I'm new to Smash Boards but i needed some help/advice/second opinions about something and this seemed to be the place to go.

First i'd like to say that i'm only an aspiring Smash Novice so if I say anything incorrect and/or wrong please correct me.
So i was in the lab with the new and improved Robin and i noticed that after a close range Arch Thunder connects, you have enough time to get a free foot stool if you're fast and close enough. So i was wondering how to take advantage of it. So the only thing I could figure out is if you manage to land a grab at the very edge of the stage and down throw you can hit (depending on the percentage) a down tilt/jab 1 to make the opponent unable to grab the ledge for a few seconds and if they do try to jump up you can land an arch thunder right there. Now after that, you foot stool and then el wind spike. Now i've been practicing this in practice but i've yet to do it myself but like I said, i'm only a novice, so i'm not sure if it even works. Even if the foot stool el wind spike doesn't work, after the foot stool you should still be in a pretty good position, right ?

So what I'd like help with is finding out if this even works, as well as how viable a strategy it really is, which percents it works and on which characters, possibly, and mainly any other things you can do with this foot stool.

Please and Thank you for your help. ^ ^
Welcome to the Robin Social!
stealing this from @ Elezir Elezir

Last edited:

Elezir

Well, damn Konami.

Not surprised, though. I knew something was amiss ever since Kojima Productions has been dissolved. Didn't know it was this deep, though.

Matsushi

True Blood
My internet had cut out for 2 days. I must tell you, those were the hardest two days of my life.

qq my alerts :halfsheep:
Oh also @ Matsushi Matsushi you know how there was that ryoumarx beach pic? Well here's another one
AAAAAAAAAAH HE'S HELPING HIM SWIM! Literally like, I'm going through all these emotions right now, I seriously can'T.
Welp @ Matsushi Matsushi look at what I found

*Goes to the corner and hides*
M-Marth darling, you're not looking too good. ;^;

"Marth, think.. while you're ahead."
@ Matsushi Matsushi

We totally need to play if you're alive since you weren't around last week when I was off.
Ayyy, of course we can play! I'm free pretty much all day today, so whenever you're ready. :3

Oh, and I almost forgot! Happy birthday, @ Raziek Raziek ~! I hope your day goes marvelously. :4robinm::4robinf:

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Ok so I'm late af and this is probably the millionth time he's heard it today but idc. Happy birthday @ Raziek Raziek

@ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal you can't cancel dash into usmash either anymore. DACUS was patched out awhile ago

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Ok so I'm late af and this is probably the millionth time he's heard it today but idc. Happy birthday @ Raziek Raziek

@ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal you can't cancel dash into usmash either anymore. DACUS was patched out awhile ago
Oh, I wasn't referring to DACUS. I was just referring to a running usmash since he specifically said dash as opposed to dash attack. At least, I'm assuming a running usmash counts as a cancel though I may technically be wrong.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Thanks! I'm really hype for Fates and I felt that I should change my avi, so I changed it to something FE related.
Plus, the Cipher Art is SO GOOD!:love:
#CIPHER_ART_AVATAR_BOYS!

They're all just so amazing! Especially this one which was a contender for my current avatar spot!

Nah

Smash Champion
Oh, I wasn't referring to DACUS. I was just referring to a running usmash since he specifically said dash as opposed to dash attack. At least, I'm assuming a running usmash counts as a cancel though I may technically be wrong.
Yeah right after typing that I remembered that DACUS was canceling a dash attack with usmash and not canceling a dash with it

whoops

So I think you're right then

#CIPHER_ART_AVATAR_BOYS!

They're all just so amazing! Especially this one which was a contender for my current avatar spot!

#CIPHERARTISLIFECIPHERARTISLOVE

Personally, I prefer this one, plus it has like no words so it could be a potential avi!

Edit: On the topic of avatars @LordOmo yours is Sōhei Sasahara from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster) isn't it?
I've actually watched the anime and really enjoyed it! I would love a season 2, but I doubt it'll ever happen :sadsheep:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
#CIPHERARTISLIFECIPHERARTISLOVE

Personally, I prefer this one, plus it has like no words so it could be a potential avi!

Edit: On the topic of avatars @LordOmo yours is Sōhei Sasahara from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster) isn't it?
I've actually watched the anime and really enjoyed it! I would love a season 2, but I doubt it'll ever happen :sadsheep:
HELP! I can't see the image! :c

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I really like a lot of the Cipher art work. The only one I don't like is Nephnee's, but alas, you get hits, you get some misses too. Also Yuske Kozaki apparently posted some fantastic art work for Charlotte and Benoit on his twitter, especially so since the clothing is of his own design, IS should just cut the armor designer they have and just have Kozaki do everything.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Thank you so much man! :grin:
No problem!

Anyone got smashing time?

I married her and morgan becomes a wyvern rider. Good choice with a bad out come.
I can play in a few hours should you still be looking for a game.

I married Cherche most of my play throughs of awakening, I absolutely LOVE her as a character
that being said I HATE THEIR SUPPORT SO MUCH I CRY EVERYTIME I READ IT

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
No problem!

I married Cherche most of my play throughs of awakening, I absolutely LOVE her as a character
I wish their support went into the dynamic of being second in command, would've been an interesting read considering the different political climates of Rosanne and Yllisse at the time. But no, Minerva the Wyvern/SD cameo has to butt in on everything.

Edit: On a random Side note for the Fates OST, I've been playing this song non-stop, it's incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBbzU9INfO0

Last edited:
Plus their support contains the biggest lie ever told

Matsushi

True Blood
Well, I just heard that Tales from the Borderlands episode 4 got it's Australian classification, meaning that the new episode will be released this month. I'm SO excited, especially since episode 3 ended with a cliff hanger.
Coincidentally enough, there's a character in the game named August

Also, on the topic of Awakening, lemme break ALL YOUR HEARTS

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I wish their support went into the dynamic of being second in command, would've been an interesting read considering the different political climates of Rosanne and Yllisse at the time. But no, Minerva the Wyvern/SD cameo has to butt in on everything.

Edit: On a random Side note for the Fates OST, I've been playing this song non-stop, it's incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBbzU9INfO0
Robin and Cherche support in a nutshell

Robin: Nice wyvern
Cherche: lol thanks wanna help it get hitched
Robin: lol sure
Cherche: lol thanks
Robin: your lizard is really loud lol
Cherche: lol thanks
Robin: okay your Wyvern got some booty
Cherche: want me to help your Wyvern now? ; )))))))))))
-enter morgan and gerome-
./salty

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Plus their support contains the biggest lie ever told

The Robin in the spoiler image looks nothing like the Robin talking to Cherche! Clearly the two cannot be the same person!
Considering how you can customize Robin's appearance and even change his/her name in game as well as other features, it's obvious then that that blue haired woman is not Robin at all.
It is more probable that it is someone's custom MU and not Robin, as the Robin shown initially is male with the default white hair. Also consider that Robin is the tactician, not a match maker. His duty does not include pairing up soldiers for romantic reasons, as that would be tactically unsound. And remember that Robin's actions and relationships as well as other character relationships are controlled by one person...THE PLAYER!
Since these factors are controlled by the player and how Robin is a separate entity from the player, Robin cannot be the matchmaker at all. He is only a pawn used by the player to create these romantic pairings. Therefore, my friend, Robin did not lie at all. My client is not guilty!

D

Deleted member

Objection.gif

So, you haven't matched up people before, Robin? That sounds pretty fishy.
In the third Chapter, you were inspired by Sumia saving Chrom and invented the Pair Up, a system were two units combine their efforts as one unit.
As you fight these deadly battles, don't you start to feel some emotional attachment for your comrade? As we can see in this image, you have started to forge a bond between yourself and Cherche, possibly as a result of battling enemies. If people of the opposite gender worked with each other, then wouldn't they start to fall in love? Since two characters fall in love with each other, then they could eventually get married.
I know that these are a part of your tactics Ace Tactician, but what you said is incredibly contradictory! Since people of the opposite gender could eventually get married through the Pair Up...
*desk slam*
YOU HAVE INDEED MATCHED PEOPLE BEFORE!

In fact, by this point in the story, Chrom and someone would have been married by now. Unless you are the worst Tactician in the world, you have indeed matched people before!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

The Robin in the spoiler image looks nothing like the Robin talking to Cherche! Clearly the two cannot be the same person!
Considering how you can customize Robin's appearance and even change his/her name in game as well as other features, it's obvious then that that blue haired woman is not Robin at all.
It is more probable that it is someone's custom MU and not Robin, as the Robin shown initially is male with the default white hair. Also consider that Robin is the tactician, not a match maker. His duty does not include pairing up soldiers for romantic reasons, as that would be tactically unsound. And remember that Robin's actions and relationships as well as other character relationships are controlled by one person...THE PLAYER!
Since these factors are controlled by the player and how Robin is a separate entity from the player, Robin cannot be the matchmaker at all. He is only a pawn used by the player to create these romantic pairings. Therefore, my friend, Robin did not lie at all. My client is not guilty!
Objection.png

Allow me to present to you this piece of evidence.

Would you look at that? If it isn't default Robin! There's nothing custom about this one. This Robin has the default white hair and everything! Why would Robin claim he is no matchmaker yet he introduces himself among the Smash fighters as the shipping lord? In conclusion....

ROBIN IS A MATCHMAKER!

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
View attachment 65826
Allow me to present to you this piece of evidence.

Would you look at that? If it isn't default Robin! There's nothing custom about this one. This Robin has the default white hair and everything! Why would Robin claim he is no matchmaker yet he introduces himself among the Smash fighters as the shipping lord? In conclusion....

ROBIN IS A MATCHMAKER!

T-This isn't official art of default Robin! It's fan art as shown by the bottom right corner of the image! Edits like these for default Robin are quite common in fact! I'll show you! I will submit the evidence!

While it appears to be default Robin, it is actually just a fanmade creation, an interpretation if you will, of him.
On another note check this out.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Fire Emblem - Monshou no Nazo001.png

slow down Catria, it's only chapter 5
what am I going to do with you for the next 20 if you've already capped half your stats
and it still isn't going to get you Marth

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
No problem!

I liked their support. It probably makes more sense than Lissa, Sully and majority of the second gen girls supports.

It still isn't better than Cordelia, Sumia, Olivia, Tiki and Anna's support

Elezir

Today this Reddit comment has enlightened me on something:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...racters_name_was_a_verb_what_would_it/ctpr71l

Wow dude XD :p
Well, if she was like 15 in PoR I'd say it's more or less legit, but even though she looks like that, I read somewhere she was around Ike's age, so, eh.
Eh, it's coming from the same game that ripped Ike tremendously in 3 damn years.

btw, her body proportions look very strange in that cutscene. It's like she put breast implants.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Seeing how often everyone tries to impersonate Phoenix Wright/Edgeworth makes me feel like I should play the Phoenix Wright games. :p

Do they still have the Trilogy package up on the eShop?

Matsushi

True Blood

Wow dude XD :p
Her breasts do look quite disproportionate from her body in Radiant Dawn which I find quite odd to look at.
I mean, her waist and breasts don't look like they're part of the same body.

Unless she's wearing a ridiculously tight corset, this sort of body shape is rather unnatural.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I went for a bike ride for the first time in years.

Holy **** my legs are more out of shape than I thought. D:

Top Bottom