• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I often find Ness to be a really easy match-up for me.

Although that might be because I tend to play as Yoshi, a character with an advantage over him in match-ups, as well as the fact that every Ness player I've fought so far in For Glory was mediocre.

D

Deleted member

I just hate fighting Ness because once you get over like 110% it goes from playing a game of Smash to a game of "Don't Get Grabbed."

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Fight a Ness as :4littlemac: isn't as bad since most Ness players rely on grabs and I can just Side B over their PK Fire. Plus most are scrubs or mediocre and if they are going for PK Thunder 2, just counter and watch their stock fly away in red Lightning

It's harder as :4robinm: but not much since you can use your projectiles as Suprise attacks and Snipe them with a Elthunder when Recovering

:4wiifit: Is hilarious since they expect Sun Salutations and its soccer balls for days

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I just hate fighting Ness because once you get over like 110% it goes from playing a game of Smash to a game of "Don't Get Grabbed."
Yeah, and honestly it wouldn't be so bad if Rage wasn't a thing.
Rage just makes things in this game so silly.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So on a whim over the past couple of days, I decided to get back into Dark Souls. Feels just as good as it ever did. Of course, just as I expected, I'm addicted once more.

Ye gods, Artorias. What a maniac.

First time I've fought him, and while his movements can be fairly easily discerned after a few tries, his sword hurts like hell.
Two hits is all he needs to kill me.

Fortunately I've got 20 rounds of Estus to help me out, but daaaamn you need perfect timing to even touch this freak.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Favorite soundtracks? Some already mentioned Xenoblade, TWEWY, Kingdom Hearts, and Persona here, but I guess I can give a shout-out to a few more ♥
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn & Awakening
  • Pokémon Black and White
  • Journey
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Bravely Default
  • Puppeteer
I guess I haven't really fought that many good :4ness: and :rosalina: since they're not as nearly as annoying for me as :4mario: and :4pikachu:. Those two infuriate me to no end :c

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

All of those sprites look amazing. If Camilla didn't have such a hard-on for the Avatar and wasn't wearing that ridiculous stripper outfit, she'd be one of my favorite Wyvern Riders in the series. I just love that class.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Awesome stuff! Seeing this just made me realize that all of the Nohr siblings are animal rider units. No idea how I never noticed that until now. :psycho:

Also, holy crap I forgot all about this!

I made this forever ago for a t-shirt crossover design contest! I didn't win, but it was still really fun to make.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
HOW DARE YOU SOIL ST. GARON'S GOOD IMAGE BY SLAPPING THAT WICKED NYMPH'S HEAD ONTO HIS PURE BODY! YOU WILL PAY FOR COMMITTING THIS SIN, CHAPTER SERF!
View attachment 62672
MY TASK IS DONE!

Favorite video game soundtracks?

****, man... I wouldn't know... There's a mess of 'em which are good and that I like...
Skyrim, FFXIV, Splatoon, Golden Sun, Tales of Symphonia and Dawn of War are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Wow why do i really like this picture
Cuz hilarity?

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Noticed I was tagged here, but I guess Weeman's post got changed...Ah well, I'll never know what happened.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Now we need someone to do a rendition of Sylux in the same Federation Force art-style as these guys in this fanart. :laugh:

This makes we want a 2D Paper Mario style Metroid game with like a comic book style instead of Storybook

D

Deleted member

I've only found three players from Smashboards on For Glory (two people that I knew, one just left a link to the site).
If I have fought more, then I dunno.

I would like to play some Smash soon, however.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I only know of one person from Smashboards that I FG'd with.

But, I did manage to FG with two people with my Skype group. That was hilarious.

Nah

Smash Champion
I don't think that I've ever run into anyone on here in For Glory. Suppose that I eventually will if I keep playing though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Not in my circles, but I've run into a guy from Smashboards on FG once, so that's something.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I'm sure I've gotten people on FG from Smash Boards, but I just don't recognize them. Earlier today I kept getting pummeled by a link player, and I wasn't even mad. Probably the best rushdown Link playstyle I've seen on FG (that's not saying much). It was so refreshing to play a link on FG that didn't projectile spam. The link probably used hook shot and used dair to edgeguard a bit too much though.

Matsushi

True Blood
@ Matsushi Matsushi how did you manage to find me on FG again? :p :4wiifit: remains a nuisance to me, guess I'm just (un?)lucky three other people in the world play them :p
It's certainly not a mere coincidence that we've managed to find each other twice on For Glory.

You cannot escape me~
Ayy, :4wiifitm: is a difficult character to get around. You really just gotta be patient with him, his two projectiles are lethal, particularly the sun salutation. Also, most WFTs including myself will try to go for the n-air and camp off-stage with the ball, so watch out for that! :3 That said, good games! It's always fun playing with you. ^^

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I've run into one person a couple times before. He had a unique name and was a really good sport compared to the usual stereotypical FG people.

At one point he complimented my Robin play by changing his tag to "Nairo Lvl" so that helped my ego a lot c:

Though it was funny because I remember SD'ing the very next match.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm the only :4wiifit: here so if you need to learn the matchup, came to me but remember this

Don't roll against Wii Fit Trainer. Her F-Smash can hit infront and behind her.

She has 3 different spike moves: Dair, Fair and Side-B

Sun Salutation is move not worth spamming. It will sometimes come out right after a soccer ball.

And last, back air is a sneaky and dangerous move that can kill pretty early depending on setup and distance

Matsushi

True Blood
I'm the only :4wiifit: here so if you need to learn the matchup, came to me but remember this

She has 3 different spike moves: Dair, Fair and Side-B

Sun Salutation is move not worth spamming. It will sometimes come out right after a soccer ball.

And last, back air is a sneaky and dangerous move that can kill pretty early depending on setup and distance
ALL OF THE ABOVE :4wiifit::4wiifitm:

She can also crouch beneath certain grabs such as Marth's, Captain Falcon's and other tall, more slender characters~

also, wft ditto me son (ง'̀-'́)ง

Nah

Smash Champion
I learned that one the hard way. Legit my reaction when I got hit by WiiFit's Fsmash after trying to roll behind you "HOLY **** IT HITS BEHIND HER TOO"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
ALL OF THE ABOVE :4wiifit::4wiifitm:

She can also crouch beneath certain grabs such as Marth's, Captain Falcon's and other tall, more slender characters~

also, wft ditto me son (ง'̀-'́)ง
I'll get with you later

I learned that one the hard way. Legit my reaction when I got hit by WiiFit's Fsmash after trying to roll behind you "HOLY **** IT HITS BEHIND HER TOO"
Sakurai even stated before the launch around her announcement or the Smah Direcg that she had unorthodox hitboxes on her moves. Both F-Smash and F-Tilt can hit behind her and it works for team based stuff and counterattack rolls

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Today, I just remembered, is my birthday. I'm 18 and legal now.

Whoop.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Last edited:
Top Bottom